Author Topic: Mod Program!?  (Read 7135 times)

Hermoor

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Hermoor's Youtube
Mod Program!?
« on: 2008-12-29 21:54:57 »
Hello I'm new, and I wonder if it would not be able to make a mod program for Final Fantasy 7. It would work like this, you install Final Fantasy 7. Then you open the FF7 mod program. You enter the path of the installation folder. And then it opens up the game, the program would be divided into.
*Levels
*Models
*Textures
*Scripts
*Rigs (Armatures)
Then you can import and replace models and use the script editor to edit the dialouge and the stats and all text and info! And you would use another program to model...a very complicated program. But such a program would be awesome. Making FF7 open source!! Then anyone could make their own FF game lol...

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Mod Program!?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-29 22:10:42 »
This is basically already achievable, you just have to know where all the Textures, Levels, Models and Scripts and stuff are. trouble is, the FF7.exe program is programmed specifically to read all of this information out of packed archives known as LGP files, so unless you wanted to pretty much completely re-write that, its pointless. i do see an upside to what you want, however, since unpacking and repacking archives all the time is not what i'd like to spend much time on.

I'd say its not possible, practically, but then who am i to say so?

Anyway, Since you're new, would you like to know where all of these are stored by default and how to unpack them and repack them? or do you know already?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-29 23:07:06 »
if only it were that easy lol. But I dont think anyone would tackle this kind of project. Not unless they knew what they were doing or had a better idea of streamlining the program.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-30 00:04:46 »
Sadly, video game Piracy is not supported on this forum...
...But yes, i'm sure tutorials do exist here, have a search :D

Also, nice work on the model, but, give credit where credit is due. Those textures seem a little stolen to me :/ in fact, it looks like you've taken them entirely, except possibly the face/hair, from this picture:

If so, please at least credit the creator, if not, that's some damn good copy :D

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-30 00:36:41 »
*facepalm*

look, dude, Honesty and at least a small level of maturity are the keys to success. now, you can't hide anything from me, i'm the Cloud, you know ;)
Now i'm not going to go on about what i'm saying or why i'm saying it, but you're gonna offend people on the internet if you do things the way you're doing 'em now.

If you have any sense of interest in anything, which i'm sure you do, since you were able to make that model yourself, you'd know perfectly well where you took that picture from.
And the way it looks right now, it doesnt look at all like you're going to buy the PC version of this game at all.

Now please don't take anything i said personally, but please post here again when you think you can be honest. then all shall be forgiven and i'll take you sersiously.

again, please don't take anything i said personally

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: 2008-12-30 01:22:03 »
Well, there were a lot of teams in the past. i'm only here because i saw the same model you did. Apz's model. we sorta try and do whatever we can, i guess. just bits and pieces. anyway, welcome to this rather quiet place :-D

Also, the "Ultima edition" is FF7's illegal twin. i know, just if you were unaware, and im rpretty sure most other people do too :)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-12-30 02:30:35 »
I have some experience with the blender game engine, and I do all my work in blender, however, I wouldnt say its really fit for rpgs. I'm sure its possible, but you'd be in for a lot of work. Also, rpgs are one of the genres which require the most planning and thought put into them, so before you start scheming to big, come up with a solid idea to sell.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-12-31 14:49:53 »
Neocloud you created that model for yourself from scratch or you used the KH basic model?

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-31 23:22:08 »
No because if he ripped that model, isnt his one but square's one XD so if so, you used SQUARE textures XD

PR3DA

« Reply #9 on: 2009-01-05 00:34:12 »
I really can not understand why all of you are telling all this things to Zarnik, he has good ideas, he could help to improve the game, or just create a new one, that could be great. This horrible 2D backgrounds to be replaced with proper ones, the shadows, the graphic engine in general is really bad. All can be better and sometimes is easier to start from the beginning and start a new game based on the previous one.

Zarnik, in case that you start a project with someone else, please let me know.

:lol:

NameSpoofer

« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-05 01:10:28 »
because the slogan of this forum is : "we don't support anyone who pirates or downloads the game no matter how good he/she is"

now i believe the admins and moderators of this forum haven't been active for a while, so if you do something dumb here nothing will happen, but still, since many of the people here read and respect the rules, they may get offended when you ask about the "ultima edition" or weird patches.

that explains why zarnik is not welcomed

that sucks, isn't it?  8-)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #11 on: 2009-01-05 05:29:03 »
because the slogan of this forum is : "we don't support anyone who pirates or downloads the game no matter how good he/she is"
More like "we don't support pirated/downloaded versions of the game" - because if you have problems with it, there is this extra possibility, that it's because it has some bugs (for whatever reason) which the original version doesn't have.

PR3DA

« Reply #12 on: 2009-01-05 08:57:17 »
I do have an original copy of FF7, if I download one that has been modified, or I modify mine, is it piracy? I do not think so.

From this point this will never be piracy and all this can be commented.

I understand that they do not want to do anything with it but... not that hard I think.

....... :-P

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-01-05 14:45:59 »
I'm not sayng tha this is illegal, i'm italian, i don't care about american laws, only my words are laws O_O XD

NameSpoofer

« Reply #14 on: 2009-01-05 18:50:52 »
I'm not sayng tha this is illegal, i'm italian, i don't care about american laws, only my words are laws O_O XD

BRAVO BRING!