Author Topic: FF 8 can anyone make new models for it.  (Read 4362 times)

ZL325

• View Profile
FF 8 can anyone make new models for it.
« on: 2009-11-04 20:37:49 »
If you ask me in my opinion FF8 is the best FF out there.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: FF 8 can anyone make new models for it.
« Reply #1 on: 2009-11-04 20:41:46 »
You aren't really being constructive about game tweaking here.. there is a unrelated board for that..

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-11-04 20:43:50 »
srry im new to this

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-04 23:56:40 »
Only post here when it's relevant to Game Tweaking. Such as actually showing or making a model (from scratch of course). Not asking people to make new models. If you would like to do them and as well to show it here, then cool, more power to you. If you have any questions, opinions about the games, or anything for that matter, post in unrelated. Because topics like these that don't belong, go to the top and take the space of the more important threads. But since you're new to this, I understand. But now, you should have a head's up as to what goes where and why. Well anyways, welcome to the forums. Good luck to you and learning how to make models (from scratch of course).  :lol:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-05 02:30:20 »
Only post here when it's relevant to Game Tweaking.

It would seem that the thread is no longer in Game Tweaking :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-05 03:31:59 »
Only post here when it's relevant to Game Tweaking.

It would seem that the thread is no longer in Game Tweaking :-D
Hehe. Halkin did the switch-a-roo to this thread. Hence why you posted after it moved!  :lol:

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-05 13:35:37 »
Even so, I think the request still stands. This community needs new blood and it's not going to get much with everyone criticizing and not helping with the original issue.

ZeakLeon, belated welcome. We're not (all) always this tactless. Some of them are still upset with me not coming through with my promise of a FF7 New Game+ prog. ;P j/k? maybe?

As pyrozen said in your other thread, there aren't good tutorials on how to do this. We barely have any documentation on the model format. If you're good at programming or hex-editing or anything like that then feel free to dive in and expand our documentations.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2009-11-05 15:19:47 »
Incidentally, how close is the FF8 battle engine to 7's? I would assume that they possess similar architectures, so it might be possible to apply some of our knowledge of FF7 editing to 8. The Wiki doesn't offer any info on 8's kernel, though, so maybe I'm asking after something no-one really knows...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-11-05 20:14:46 »
given ff8 models are weighted to bones, it be a bit more difficult, at least for model  swapping