Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000917 times)

wryknow

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.82]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #1050 on: 2014-03-07 17:54:57 »
Got it working and here's how I did it:

1. created a new game with a save file to place in that /rld directory

2. got to the save1 save 2 save 3 etc selection screen. tabbed out

3. saved my blackchocobo save over the save I had just created in game so that when I tabbed back in my save was in block 1 of save 1

4. saved the new game in block 2 of save 1 so that it had the proper information associated with it

5. quit game and reloaded my modified save.

it's a work around but I did get it working. thanks for this program sithlord it's pretty badass

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1051 on: 2014-03-08 05:34:07 »
@wryknow, i looked at your save data and the problem is pretty clear based on your metadata.xml you do not have any saves. however if i open your save in black chocobo and save it the metadata is updated and now shows a timestamp for the save and also a stright md5sum for the signature (correct since you have no userID). you should back up your saves quick and try the folder you sent me after just opening your save and saving it again. that should work (and other saves after that ). 

If you do not have metadata before using black chocobo you should use the "Create Cloud Save Folder" option. This Dialog will create metadata (and achievement data) along with whatever saves you choose to import. 1.9.82 even contains an achievement editor (missing alot of icons for them) if you wanted to edit those. 

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2014-03-22 16:48:16 »
Hey staff

everytime i try to use the ff8 gamesave editor on my windows 8.1 HP Laptop

it does not save my changes at all

so can someone fix this problem please

thanks

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #1053 on: 2014-03-23 00:20:06 »
sithlord, probably you have answered this question many times, but the search function in this forum doesn't work now.

I loaded the sample ePSXe memory card that comes with the installer and when I try to load the game:

What can I do to fix this?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-23 00:24:08 by Green_goblin »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1054 on: 2014-03-23 12:57:22 »
@Hitachis: iirc on windows 7+ you will need to run as admin to edit saves the games sees.

@Green_goblin: That sample has a bad checksum for the save. Save the file in black chocobo it should fix it. I Should fix that sample.

madcao87

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2014-03-25 23:38:43 »
I tried searching the forum, but the search feature is broken.

I was trying to migrate my PS3 save data in order to use it on my Mac using PCSX Reloaded.  For whatever reason my game does not recognize the memory card, or any memory card created by the program.  Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:
BTW I am using PCSX 1.9.92

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 2014-03-25 23:41:03 by madcao87 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1056 on: 2014-03-26 14:16:35 »
I tried searching the forum, but the search feature is broken.

I was trying to migrate my PS3 save data in order to use it on my Mac using PCSX Reloaded.  For whatever reason my game does not recognize the memory card, or any memory card created by the program.  Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:
BTW I am using PCSX 1.9.92

thanks in advance

Yes and No..

Mac OS uses  bundles for its applications. the .APP you see on Mac os is basicly a folder. You will need to most likley edit/put the memory card into the correct folder inside the pcsx bundle.

madcao87

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2014-03-26 22:40:00 »
Yes and No..

Mac OS uses  bundles for its applications. the .APP you see on Mac os is basicly a folder. You will need to most likley edit/put the memory card into the correct folder inside the pcsx bundle.

I understand this much.  Part of PCSX Preference configuration is specifying the memory card location (/Library/Application Support/Pcsx/Memory Cards/).  Does Black Chocobo not create the memory card itself, but just the save data that I will have to place into a memory card file manually?

thanks.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1058 on: 2014-03-27 14:46:50 »
To convert from psv you should only have to open the psv file and save it as VMC type.It will create the file just fine you of course need to supply the path and name of the file. You can also open an exsisting card and import the psv slot into an empty slot on the card.

Part of PCSX Preference configuration is specifying the memory card location (/Library/Application Support/Pcsx/Memory Cards/).

that path is not inside the app bundle its in the systems Libary folder. A path inside the appbundle would start with "/contents" I would reccomend trying to put a file inside your user directory and edit the preferences of PCSX to use it.

Since your attempting to write to a system path you may need to do so as root. For the program to even be able to write in that folder. On any sane *nix system you would have permissions to 755 (rwxr--r--) or 655 (rw-r--r--) depending on if its a sane place for execution of files. Root being the owner of the /Libary folder and all.

madcao87

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2014-03-28 15:37:24 »
Thanks for the info.  I'll play around with it some more as well as try the .VMC file type as opposed to .MCR.  I haven't tried opening an existing memory card, and importing my PSV data into yet, that may just be the kicker.  Also, I forgot the include the ~ in the file path.  The Pcsx stuff resides within my user home folder, so I assumed it to not be a permissions issue.  This is also were it pulls all of the BIOS files and my Rom's.

I'll report back with what I find.  Thanks for the info and help.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1060 on: 2014-03-28 21:28:03 »
VMC is not a file type its just a Virtual Memory Card format type

Quote from: Black Chocobo user guide
Virtual Memory Card (VMC)Formats
Black Chocobo Can Handle many "Virtual Memory Card" Formats, any file that pretends to be a memory card for an emulator is a Virtual Memory Card format.These include: mcd,mcr,mc,dff,ps,psm,gme,vgm,mem,vmp,VM1. there are a few things to note about these types of saves.

1. They might contain non FF7 save games.
2. They all have region data that can be changed by Black Chocobo (per slot)
3. If you attempt to load a non ff7 slot you will be prompted with a dialog of choices export psx will use the region name to save a raw psx save for the slot this is useful if you want to move a save from an emulator to a real psx memory card. You can also do very basic editing of non ff7 saves.
   Tip: While you can edit non FF7 saves this function is very limited and maybe improved in a future release.

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2014-06-11 22:38:31 »
New: Native Look and Color Scheme for Windows  -  That was good idea for Black Chocobo.

zophar

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2014-06-11 23:17:36 »
I know it's been a long long absence But in a sense I'm back. still tinkering with the ps3 side of things.
Months back I got one save to load on the ps3 port of FF7, then tried the same file onto a friends console with no luck.
Compared a few hundred identical saves exported over and over.
Couldn't find any rhyme or reason to the checksum created on export.
Got access to a jailbroken ps3, and the saves load normally there.
Just recently got back to coding and such and figured I would jump back into this if no one has accomplished the PS3 port yet.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1063 on: 2014-06-12 12:11:28 »
hey zophar i have some ideas about how it can be done.. ill pm you this info.

boxcarcadavers

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2014-06-30 00:54:34 »
Hey Sithlord, it's been years since I've been on Qhimm but I had an awesome time modding this game for years and left a playthrough at like 23 hours.

Today I was able to transfer that playthrough to the Steam version, and I'm so pumped.

just wanted to say thank you very much!  8-)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.82)
« Reply #1065 on: 2014-07-24 16:04:29 »
Black Chocobo News..

* Fixed a few wrong locations filename (no field fileName starts with a #) . doesn't really afffect any thing working just presents incorrect info to the user.

* Fixed some Gui annoiances. little things like the optionsWidget has a horizontal scroll bar if it can't fit in the tab because its two tall (gets resized to and was ingoring the scrollbar making it wider then it should have been).  Some other small spacing / sizing issues like Chocobo manager will shrink the editor instead of making the form wider if chocobos have wide names (try WWWWWW for slot 1 & 2 chocobo names in bc 1.9.82 and you will see what im talking about). some other small things most shouldn't be noticeable unless you compare side by side.
  * NEW: Black Chocobo will use settings.ini if found in the application directory . if its not found it will prefer the system's default method to save settings.(static builds will always use settings.ini) So the newest installer will have an option to create settings.ini when installing. for those who prefer portable settings. NOTE: the windows installer is a 7z file so if you do not want to install you can rename the install to end in .7z and extract the files that way. Because of this a seperate non installer archive will not be created.

I am Currently looking for any user suggestions for new features and/or bug reports as well as translators to update the languages in desperate need of updates (german and japanese). The next version will also need a builder for mac os as my mac is not working. Unless someone wants to buy or donate a mac that can run 10.9+ (you can even donate by means of providing remote access so i can build)i will be unable to build any of the projects for mac os that i have been building fo rthe past few years. (black chocobo, makou reactor, hyne and deling are affected by this)

PizzaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2014-08-07 22:06:57 »
I have a bug report. It's already reported, but i narrowed it down very exactly.

Take a savegame (in which i already successfully edited a bit), open in black chocobo, save, loads (in fpse emulator) with no problem.

Equip my crew with ribbons in stead of champion vests, open in black chocobo, save, "file is ruined" when trying to load.

In this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx75enk0kf5ioxt/BeforeAfter.zip

slot1.before_edit.mcd and slot1.after_edit.mcd

in slot 1: champion belts, no problem
in slot 2: ribbons, openening after_edit gives "file is ruined"

PS1: i couldn't find a way to attach files, so i hope the zip/dropbox method is ok
PS2: i used the latest editor, portable windows version: Black_Chocobo-static_1.9.80.1132.exe
« Last Edit: 2014-08-07 22:28:16 by PizzaMan »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1067 on: 2014-08-08 13:07:50 »
I have a bug report. It's already reported, but i narrowed it down very exactly.
im not aware of a bug report.. either way it works correctly in 1.9.82+ i don't recall any checksum problems in a long time so it could possibly have something todo with the static build.

PS2: i used the latest editor, portable windows version: Black_Chocobo-static_1.9.80.1132.exe
1.9.80 is not the latest version 1.9.82 is  and 1.9.823 (wrongly typed as 832 in the program and filename) is the current WIP version i made a "portable" version to test the detection of new ini file (see post above about settings) try this newest version   1.9.823 (LINK REMOVED). (the version # displayed is a typo). feel free to copy your current settings.ini.  Let me know how the newer version works for you.

and i wonder why do people not use the installer?  (anyone have a good reason?)
« Last Edit: 2014-08-09 22:42:23 by sithlord48 »

PizzaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2014-08-08 15:05:09 »
Well the bug was described before. I thought i had the last version, but apparrently somewhere on either your site, this forum, or the sourceforge page i found the version i listed as the latest.

Anyway, thanks for the link to the latest version. If the bug ever pops up again with the latest version, i'll let you know.

As for installers, i absolutely hate them. I use portable apps for almost evertything. That way all my programs work on all my (cloud synched) pc's and also on a reinstalled pc. Also, people are always suspicious of installers leaving leftovers when uninstalling and with some installers you have to be careful not to install adware, spyware, toolbars, etc.

PizzaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2014-08-08 16:25:44 »
I tried the new version but it still corrupts save files just by opening and saving.

Here's a before and after file, slot 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/woma3rigaae5a4u/RuinedFileBC1.9.832.zip

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1070 on: 2014-08-08 16:37:48 »
try another emulator loads fine here (using pcsx) .

will test later on a real psx.

PizzaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2014-08-08 16:42:06 »
Thank you very much for testing. Did you try slot 2?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1072 on: 2014-08-08 16:49:02 »
yes slot 2 of your newest file and slot 1 of the older one

AaronSOLDIER

• final7fantasy.com
    • View Profile
    • F7F Forums
« Reply #1073 on: 2014-09-15 10:32:06 »
This is awesome I actually used this to bring Aerith back RIGHT after she leaves the part. You just can't have her in your party during "her scene" lol

I actually managed to modify the save and transfer it back to the PS3s .psv save system using nothing more than the memory card reader. I'll have to find it on my PC but I actually did type up what I did in notepad, so you don't need CFW anything, just that memory card reader. If you only have a PSP/Vita though then its still impossible to import the save back. :(

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.83)
« Reply #1074 on: 2014-09-29 05:19:13 »
Welcome readers to our latest post in the Black Chocobo Thread here at Qhimm forums. Today we have a new version of Black Chocobo, 1.9.83!!! What could Black Chocobo do that it is not currently doing? how much could possibly be edited that is not already editable? We'll Answer these questions and more with the release post of Black Chocobo 1.9.83

[blockotext]
Whats New:
Several things have been moved around as usual. And Improvements were made all around the program.
The KeyItems and Turtle paradise toggles have been moved to the locations Tab as part of the FieldLocationViewer. While were on the LocationViewer some other improvements to useability were made here. All of the field items of the game should be entered now (i even had to add some locations that were missing ) . Because there are lots of locations and lots of items i have added a filter mode to allow you to filter by items at locations. you can search for potion .or things like KeyItem to see were the various key items or Flyers are located. Data not commonly used by on the locationViewer is now hidden by default. The Options Have been expanded to allow the various ff7tk widgets extended and advanced modes to be toggled independently of one another. FF7Save has been updated to support Signing of PSV files! yes thats right you can now sign your psv files and copy them back to your ps3. this feature is still being worked on and is not going to work correctly all the time. first off we only know the methods used the keys and seeds are not known yet.  you can try known keys and seeds from the ps3 dev wiki  if you find a working key/seed pair let us know. There are more things but i can't think of what other changes have gone in since 1.9.82 was released. Lastly there is the issue of the mac os Build. I no longer have a machine that i can build for mac os with if you have mac os and would like a build let me know i can show you how to build. if you would like to contribute a mac os build let me know as well.
[/blockotext]