Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2434797 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1875 on: 2014-01-07 01:30:03 »
System folders the ones created upon an OS installation, so the desktop is a system folder. A non-system folder is any folder you create after the OS installation, so C:\Games\FF7 would be a non-system folder. Try relocating Steam to a non-system folder (e.g. C:\Games\Steam) and going from there.

ashesarise

• View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 2014-01-07 03:45:55 »
System folders the ones created upon an OS installation, so the desktop is a system folder. A non-system folder is any folder you create after the OS installation, so C:\Games\FF7 would be a non-system folder. Try relocating Steam to a non-system folder (e.g. C:\Games\Steam) and going from there.

thanks for the quick reply. I ran into a few other bumps after this, but eventually got it working. Honestly I just got a new computer with windows 8 and I'm having issues doing some of the simplest navigation. With a little extra direction you got me back on track.

itx

• View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 2014-01-07 21:42:07 »
Hello.

I played ff7 with bootleg a year ago and i wanna play the game again. I see that the version of bootleg is still 0.40, from 2012, so since a year ago there are no updates.

is the proyect dead? or no one is making or updating mods? :-(

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 2014-01-09 21:59:05 »
is the proyect dead? or no one is making or updating mods? :-(
I sincerely hope not! These guys are doing an amazing, and much needed, job!!!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 2014-01-09 22:10:41 »
Pitbrat is on leave for a while, but in no way is Bootleg dead!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #1880 on: 2014-01-09 22:15:45 »
There is a lot of progress and new updates. With the new Aali's driver and some re-texture maps/models, as well as the DLPB's "Reunion" collection of mods and re-translation project, we can expect a new version of Bootleg coming :) Go through the forum to install every new update separately if you are not patient to wait for a new Bootleg release. ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 22:17:52 by LeonhartGR »

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: 2014-01-15 21:31:03 »
Hi, When I wanted to run the BFE.exe to configure the graphical enhancements I want to use, I got an error:

Bootleg front end has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenicence.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me please?

mrcooopcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 2014-01-16 23:31:45 »
Hi. I did everything required to get Bootleg to run, and I just now started the game. I chose the Whiteraven APZ Cloud Battle Model (adjusted) in BFE, and when I'm playing, this is how it shows up:

I know I have the mod for it, because I downloaded the torrent with all the mods.
All of the other character models (i.e. Barret, Jessie, etc) look fine, and the battle models also work.
I have looked in the forums, at FAQ's, on the web, and I haven't been able to find anyone else that has had this problem.
Any help would be great, thank you!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-16 23:39:37 by mrcooopcake »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #1883 on: 2014-01-17 01:13:22 »
Is it just Cloud you've seen do that so far? Do you have the torrent or did you download the mod online? I'd say it's a transparency issue, but none of the parts that are showing up look like Cloud. Post your app log too, may give us some clues.

In the mean time you could try manually adding the model using an lgp tool.

mrcooopcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 2014-01-17 01:36:03 »
Yes, its just Cloud, and I have the torrent. I don't know if its important, but sometimes the outline of his head appears but only for a split second.
I'm new to this and so I'm not sure how to find the app log. I found a notepad called APP:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1600x900, output resolution 1200x900, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

That's everything that was inside of it, but I don't know if its what you need.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2014-01-17 20:50:41 »
Reinstalled .NET 2.0. Still crashes...

mrcooopcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: 2014-01-18 02:27:34 »
I've been re-installing FF7 and re-running Bootleg, trying some different things to see if they work, and I get these error messages every time:

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 323135 bytes from 36fe

Error in elminn_1: Incorrect number of entries: 16/17

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2014-01-18 03:10:35 »
I've been re-installing FF7 and re-running Bootleg, trying some different things to see if they work, and I get these error messages every time:

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 323135 bytes from 36fe

Error in elminn_1: Incorrect number of entries: 16/17

This is weird. Ok what's the full set up? OS, system type, and directory locations? You have the game installed in games\steam right? How about the torrent files and bootleg .exe? I'm not sure if it matters, but do you have them stored on the desktop or any other system directory? It's recommend to have them in games\ff7 mods.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-18 03:12:23 by cmh175 »

mrcooopcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 2014-01-18 03:26:26 »
Windows 7, its a laptop, and I have everything installed into the recommended locations except the torrent files which I have in downloads because I was too lazy to put them anywhere else and it seems to work fine.  I changed the field model and it works fine, it was just the one model. I think its probably just some kind of glitch and I just won't be able to use that model, which is fine, because everything else works. I'm okay now, but if you want to try to resolve it still, I'll help any way I can.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2014-01-18 03:28:20 »
Just seems odd, I've used that model before from a bootleg install. You could try downloading it from the forum and test it in the direct folders. If it works than you could just manually install it.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: 2014-01-18 09:04:33 »
Hmm maybe someone else can help you.. i can remember i had that exact problem in bootleg 0390 and fixed it somehow forgot how but all i can think of is make sure .net is properly installed, right click it and click Unblock and apply, close every other program and Run the program as Admin

Umm, thats the problem. I mean, I use win xp 32bit, so I dont have option like that available. Anyways, I reinstalled .NET framewok completely from the ground, but nothing has changed. Also tried to add BFE as an exception to the data execution prevention, with no avail. I will probably have to either use different mod, or wait for a new release.

EDIT: Just tried Wallmarket editor and it crashed in exactly same manner. There is earth and file icon in upper left part of the screen in the error message window.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-18 10:36:29 by Nightmare799 »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: 2014-01-18 19:24:38 »
Upgrade your OS, then we'll be able to help you better.

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: 2014-01-18 19:26:50 »
hey

is there anyway to use this tifa bootleg mod

to control sephiroth on this game
« Last Edit: 2014-01-18 19:45:13 by bobby678 »

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: 2014-01-18 21:40:03 »
Hey

How great is this tifa bootleg mod?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 06:58:26 by bobby678 »

Azcaduil

• View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: 2014-01-19 16:13:30 »
I love the extra life that Bootleg has breathed into my FF7 game, and I'm very grateful for that.  The work of the modders is amazing, as is the whole compiler.  It's so awesome to be able to customize all these mods from one interface!

I do have some nitpicks and questions that hopefully haven't been asked ad nauseam, but 73 pages of a thread is a LOT to read through in one go.

First, I'm using the Steam version of the game, which I converted using the FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe file that I downloaded from a link on page one of the thread. I downloaded the torrent of mods linked here also.  This was just before New Year's.  I'm using Bootleg 0.40.

Nitpick: In magic menus, spells with an All materia attached to them don't have a little red > next to their names.  I've tried running Bootleg and the Bootloader to try and get the old battle style window back, but I keep getting the FFX style battle interface.  I really like it, but I want my little red arrow back!  :)  Right now, I'm running a fresh install, fresh run of bootleg, with none of the menu overhaul options checked - just things like script fixes, name changes, bug fixes, etc.  It takes awhile, and I'll come back and let you know if there's any success.  But it'd sure be swell to have the FFX battle style and still have those indicator marks that I have an All materia attached.

Edit: No luck. It was like it made room for the old style menu windows by blacking out where the window was, but still used the new style command window. The HP/MP window was kind of a squished together hybrid of a mess.  I guess I'll just deal without my arrows, unless there's a way to fix it... and if there is, I will love you forever. :)  Anyways, it looks like I need to fix my game now. Glad I backed up the fresh Steam install!

Bug: [Edit: Never mind, found the answer]

Anyway, wonderful work. Thank you very much for putting in all the time and effort!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 16:42:25 by Azcaduil »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1895 on: 2014-01-19 19:00:19 »
Nitpick: In magic menus, spells with an All materia attached to them don't have a little red > next to their names.  I've tried running Bootleg and the Bootloader to try and get the old battle style window back, but I keep getting the FFX style battle interface.  I really like it, but I want my little red arrow back!  :)  Right now, I'm running a fresh install, fresh run of bootleg, with none of the menu overhaul options checked - just things like script fixes, name changes, bug fixes, etc.  It takes awhile, and I'll come back and let you know if there's any success.  But it'd sure be swell to have the FFX battle style and still have those indicator marks that I have an All materia attached.

Menu Overhaul won't have the red arrows. That's just the way it is. It will tell you how many uses you have left. When you use the trigger buttons to switch between All and single-target, you should see the uses left.

Edit: No luck. It was like it made room for the old style menu windows by blacking out where the window was, but still used the new style command window. The HP/MP window was kind of a squished together hybrid of a mess.  I guess I'll just deal without my arrows, unless there's a way to fix it... and if there is, I will love you forever. :)  Anyways, it looks like I need to fix my game now. Glad I backed up the fresh Steam install!

Post a screenshot. I may know why it's squished together, but need to see it first.

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: 2014-01-19 19:01:52 »
Hey EQ2Alyza

Can i have some help with your mod please

because i tried everything to make it before

and will your mod allow me to control sephiroth in battle
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 19:22:08 by bobby678 »

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: 2014-01-19 19:59:41 »
I am crying here now, because everyone think i know how to work ff7 and ff8 mods all by myself with no help at all

guess what, i do not know how to work mods at all okay

Azcaduil

• View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: 2014-01-19 20:14:42 »
Menu Overhaul won't have the red arrows. That's just the way it is. It will tell you how many uses you have left. When you use the trigger buttons to switch between All and single-target, you should see the uses left.

Post a screenshot. I may know why it's squished together, but need to see it first.

Thanks for the response - I figured it was something like this.  I can probably get around that by not using ANY part of the menu overhaul, huh?  That stinks, I was hoping to utilize the fixes and script tweaks without the actual UI stuff.  Like I said, it's a nitpick; it's just a visual queue that A) helps me out and B) I'm used to.  I suppose I can get used to not having it. 

Unfortunately, I can't post a screenshot, since I've been working on a fresh install after I posted (it was a kinda throw-my-hands-in-the-air "screw it!" kinda thing) the results... Right now I'm working on the mess I made installing XBCD so I could use my wired 360's D-pad rather than the joystick as well as the L/R triggers... I also confess to exaggerating a bit. It wasn't a buggy mess, but it was a weird hybrid.  I had to start a new game (or thought I did, I found my saved game files in my recycle bin, yay!), and the name "Ex-SOLDIER" overlapped into the HP/MP window.  Seemed like a combination of things working together that really weren't meant to.

Nikodrako

• View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: 2014-01-19 20:22:11 »
Thanks for explaining this.
i started playing and when i encountered the boss and heard those who fight further (the black mages version)
my child inside started rocking i honestly didn't want to kill the boss just to keep hearing that song XD.
oh here is a gift: