Author Topic: Big Guard (ff7)  (Read 6109 times)

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« on: 2003-10-17 18:08:38 »
well i have that enemy skill, so i thought i'd use it. Barrier appeared beside my chars, and before i could make a next move both the bars were empty.. is that suppoesed to happen??

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #1 on: 2003-10-17 19:09:10 »
Nope. Go to Config, then select ATB speed to Active if you haven't already. That usually sorts the problem :wink: . If you still have problems, PM me and i'll se what I can do.

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #2 on: 2003-10-17 19:15:39 »
well i always have atb @ active it keeps u more in the game i believe, u have to keep making decicision, otherwise a lvl 1 enemy can kill a lvl 99, when u're afk too long.. :p

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #3 on: 2003-10-17 22:44:21 »
You're right, let me check, do you play it on PSX or PC? If PC, what video card(believe me, I had problems with Big Guard with a bad video card :isee: ).

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #4 on: 2003-10-18 14:20:56 »
well i have a GF4 so its not a BAD thing :p

but prolly it has, and as u can tell its the PC version :p

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #5 on: 2003-10-19 00:40:32 »
Well, as far as I can tell, you're in a
Spoiler: show
shitload
of trouble. Myself, I use a GF4 now(got rid of my old Nvidia)and I have no trouble with Big Guard, although I have got a wee bit of trouble with using L4 Suicide. You sure your disc isn't dirty?
Yes: Clean it. That usually solves the problem :D
No: PM me.

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #6 on: 2003-10-19 20:40:42 »
well seeing this point:

i run full install, all game files are run from HDD, only movies from CD. WHY WOULD IT BE THE CD!

i think its something to do with the game timer. today i polayed for over an hour and the game time only added somewhat over 20 mins. so real weird :p

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #7 on: 2003-10-19 23:38:35 »
I think the timer updating really slow thing is CPU-related, not video card. Running in software mode, I've experienced this on the following machines: P3 Win98SE, P3Win2K, and P4WinXP. It makes timed events really easy (like the 10 minute countdown on the first mission, because it becomes more like a 2 hour--real time--countdown.)

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #8 on: 2003-10-20 06:56:02 »
yep i had that too

i had 6 mins to open the safe in nibel :)

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #9 on: 2003-10-20 07:09:44 »
Quote from: ye-roon
yep i had that too

i had 6 mins to open the safe in nibel :)

Lucky you. I got a speed up 10 seconds to open it, made it with 1 second left @_@and it went slow just at the right moment :roll: while fighting Safer Sephiroth, when I got a whopping 30 seconds until I could make one move, whilst Safer Pale Horsed me to death :p.

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #10 on: 2003-10-20 07:52:09 »
well i am just passed that point, but i'm loading a save to get the enemyskill that lost number gives :)

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #11 on: 2003-10-20 18:30:52 »
well i am just passed that point, but i'm loading a save to get the enemyskill that lost number gives :)

Heh. I never gave Lost Number a chance to use it. Battered him down to his purple side, then whooped him to death. The only attack he got out was that stomp thingy. He knew what hit him, he never knew why he was just another boss in FF7   :P

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-20 21:06:53 »
well lost number didn't, but Materia Keeper does, Trine.

I mistook the boss.

and btw, being lvl 48 and fighting lost number rox. after cloak gone it was one bolt3 and he was a goner :) atm i just got tiny bronco and have around 10 master materia's :) (including 3 fires :p)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #13 on: 2003-10-21 01:50:30 »
There is definitely something to be said for goign through a game like ff7 being a really high level and kicking ass.. but i actually have more fun when the bosses have a chance of killing me.. (sometimes) master materias are awesome tho

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #14 on: 2003-10-21 02:26:17 »
Quote from: Caddberry
There is definitely something to be said for goign through a game like ff7 being a really high level and kicking ass.. but i actually have more fun when the bosses have a chance of killing me.. (sometimes) master materias are awesome tho

You too? I beat Jenova-Synthesis on Level 51, no Accessory, Bronze Bangles for everyone, as well as initial weapons. It was a verrrry close shave though @_@.

Quote from: Caddberry

Have to agree with you there. I got four of each magic materia, only two are left to master, and at least thirteen mastered Alls. :D

ye-roon

• View Profile
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #15 on: 2003-10-21 08:06:33 »
well i want my long range mastered :) then i can put cid in the back too and do major dmg :p

but thats why there are double growth weaps, but i am lvling all green materia i have atm, so when i get the huge one i can get a master magic :) summons, oh well i don't use em, but am lvling them up for master summon :) oh and my fav materia, Steal, almost master :)

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #16 on: 2003-10-21 17:37:55 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
You too? I beat Jenova-Synthesis on Level 51, no Accessory, Bronze Bangles for everyone, as well as initial weapons. It was a verrrry close shave though @_@.

Yeah, the first time I beat the game, Cloud was 52, and everyone else was in the low 40s. Sephiroth took *hours* to beat. And then the game crashed during the second ending movie. =P So I just watched it from the disc. Only problem was I missed the last Cloud/Sephiroth fight without knowing it.

Sephiroth2000

Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #17 on: 2003-10-21 18:32:33 »
Quote from: Srethron Askvelhtnod

Yeah, the first time I beat the game, Cloud was 52, and everyone else was in the low 40s. Sephiroth took *hours* to beat. And then the game crashed during the second ending movie. =P So I just watched it from the disc. Only problem was I missed the last Cloud/Sephiroth fight without knowing it.

I just lobbed gil at him using the throw materia x_x Yay!!! Dead Sephiroth.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Big Guard (ff7)
« Reply #18 on: 2003-10-21 21:26:47 »
but thats why there are double growth weaps, but i am lvling all green materia i have atm, so when i get the huge one i can get a master magic :) summons, oh well i don't use em, but am lvling them up for master summon :) oh and my fav materia, Steal, almost master :)

thats why i used editors.. fighting hella fights is cool for awhile.. then you just want to shoot yourself.. I usually play a game through without cheating unless i am hella bored or its really hard and i fucked up by moving to fast or something.. but if i ever played FF7 again and wanted to lvl up the materia.. hell with the fights.... i would use qhimm's editor..