Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837379 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8475 on: 2019-08-29 10:00:13 »
Thanks! But I'm still curious - why is it called "Arrange" mode and not just hard mode?

Because if you call something hard mode a lot more people would start with that over the other mode.

I know it's gonna be a while for 2.0 but are you gonna upload the balance changes you posted earlier at least? Been waiting to continue my FF7 game. If its gonna be a while even for those, guess I'll jaut continue with 1.5 then. But thanks for making this mod in general though broski. I'll probably just weather the wait hoenstly 😅

Yeah I had a maintenance/respec patch in the works, but it got sidetracked. I'll try and get that done before the end of the week.

Thanks for your quick answer Sega Chief.

I am not using any other mods, only new treat 1.5. vanilla combat.

Today I downloaded a save editor named Black Chocobo to try and bypass that event, it kind of worked, but then I go back to that area and tried to play the arena mini game and the game frezze the moment Cloud enters the arena (screen goes black, music continues playing but next screen never loads), so I guess maybe is a problem especific to that room or screen.

I also experience a weird glich in the mytril mine, when I started the battle with the Turks, instad of Elena and Rude, the game loaded three weird monster with 9999 HP, gliched name, and that were completly inmovile, after killing them the game continued as normal.

It would be nice if you could do a little clean up of the vanilla combat version, so people that dont desire a harder game could still enjoy the other great content that your mod as created.

Thanks again and have a great day  :)

The turks fight is something I missed when removing the new fights, that should be fairly easy to sort out (what loaded instead was one of the debug fights in default game; they're usually pyramids but models were probably different).

I'll need to check in on the battle square field. Maybe a default one was imported in to get the battle IDs default but something went wrong with it.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: 2019-08-30 10:35:33 »
Hey I also wanted to let you know about any glitches I've come across so far.

-the spirte that says the saw the ghost of aeris shows up immediately when you leave the church area then walk back in at the start of the game
-cave of gi cosmo canyon trigger for fort condor seemed to be glitched and doesnt register that the players has any gil. they display how much they have in funds (27000 in my game) but then ask for a minimum of 4000 and wont trigger the battle when >ready is chosen. might have something to do with having under 4000 gil when talking to them before teleporting?
-music during the cait sith intro scene cuts out randomly. reloaded and approached the wonder square from a different junction point and it didn't happen again.

Wanted to ask some more things, too. Just cleared mt. nibel and was wondering
Spoiler: show
Armor Soul is supposed to use Trine ? It strictly used physical attacks. Silenced it and removed silence but didn't see anything.

Also, where do I find
Deathblow Materia
, and is it possible to get
White Wind without Manipulation
early game?

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: 2019-08-30 21:10:08 »
Armor Soul is supposed to use Trine ? It strictly used physical attacks. Silenced it and removed silence but didn't see anything.

It actually should. You mean the Powersoul Keeper/Armor Keeper (in Arrange)? It's part of its move set and i got it in both of my normal / Arrange runs. Iirc it used Trine when it got under..40%? Not sure and i can't read the AI script. :(

Also, where do I find
Deathblow Materia
It can be found in the Great Glacier - where the old added cut was.

is it possible to get
early game?
Technically if you get the item mirror, you can cast Reflect on Black Dog in the Rufus fight and learn it with Cloud. But it's not possible to get this item early. So no.
Although you could grind until your Barrier materia gets Reflect if you don't mind losing your sanity.
  :mrgreen:

yutterh

• View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: 2019-08-31 06:50:41 »
Yeah I had a maintenance/respec patch in the works, but it got sidetracked. I'll try and get that done before the end of the week.

Sweet, thanks for the response man. Can't wait for the changes, also glad I at least won't have to wait for 2.0 even if it takes longer then a week. (unforeseen circumstances do happen).

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: 2019-09-01 01:22:15 »
Not sure if anyone has suggested this before, but was thinking it would be interesting to see the summon materia revamped a bit by having each materia grant some sort of unique stat buff(&debuff?). right now I basically felt no incentive to use them at first glance outside of grinding mobs which I've yet to really do.

Was also going to ask if there are any important new materia combinations or interactions

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: 2019-09-01 08:38:59 »
I'm not so fond of summon either.

I was stuck with the keeper in Mt Nibel. That "thing" hit like a truck!
Nice idea, removing the powersoul. It was a lame equip. It's removed only in arrange mode, or it was removed in 1.5 from the game?
« Last Edit: 2019-09-01 10:28:16 by Alan »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: 2019-09-01 12:01:31 »

Also, where do I find
Deathblow Materia
, and is it possible to get
early game?

It uses Trine at a fixed HP point I think, but that was likely missed due to Silence being on. I think you can get it from the Thundercracker/blue owl enemies on the first screen of Mt. Nibel though.

Deathblow was swapped with Added cut, so you'll find it in great glacier. White Wind was learnable early on but you need Reflect; the boss that used to drop a Mirror for that purpose no longer drops that item though so it probably needs Barrier to be leveled up once now which is a bit of a grind.

Not sure if anyone has suggested this before, but was thinking it would be interesting to see the summon materia revamped a bit by having each materia grant some sort of unique stat buff(&debuff?). right now I basically felt no incentive to use them at first glance outside of grinding mobs which I've yet to really do.

Was also going to ask if there are any important new materia combinations or interactions

There are some left-over materia stat-equip brackets so some extras could be added.

I'm not so fond of summon either.

I was stuck with the keeper in Mt Nibel. That "thing" hit like a truck!
Nice idea, removing the powersoul. It was a lame equip. It's removed only in arrange mode, or it was removed in 1.5 from the game?

Powersoul is obtained on normal mode by beating Powersoul Keeper, on Arrange its dropped by Satans Gate. On both modes, one can be grabbed from Shinra HQ on Disc 2 from the item store chests.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: 2019-09-01 20:24:00 »
//NT Update

Non-7H Installer
https://mega.nz/#!60dg3AQK!mhEs1OJavXiYQAe_DlXwJfLbadElC72S2ciHsWt0eds

7th Heaven IRO
https://mega.nz/#!z8VkzKwR!txlQtNWWAa0BfIP14NpeNnof9MBgGIJP1YukG9xAvtg

There's patch notes in either download, in a .txt labelled september 2019. Will post in a spoiler as well.

FF7 NT V1.5 - September 2019 Patch

\\Battle//
One of the iterations of SOLDIER 2nd enemy had a bad Attack ID lookup that was escaping the tool check due to the way attacks were being set through a variable rather than explicitly. This has finally been sorted out.

General attack/defence reduction for random encounters in the North Crater. The three bosses on the routes were also adjusted. Drain attacks were removed mostly.

Goldberry group reduced to 3; it's the end of an era.

Balancing performed on certain Arrange mode bosses, particularly Satans Gate.

Gun enemy has had camera adjustment.

Status ignoring attacks have been modified and mostly removed.

Adjustments to Lost Number bosses

-) Summons were buffed; higher base power and the stat-equip effect was changed.
   Summons now either boost Strength/Vit/HP, Magic/Spr/MP, or Vit/Spr/HP/MP
   at the cost of the other stats.

-) Enemy Skills
   Magic Hammer: Renamed to Vital Hammer to better represent its Drain HP effect
   Dragon Force: No longer reduces defence, just gives Haste/Berserk/Auto-Crit
   Antipode: Single-target, to fix a persistent camera issue

-) Initial Stats
   Tweak to starting stats of each character

-) Items
   Elixir set to magic formula to prevent Cover bug

-) Weapons
   Stat buffs on certain weapons increased/altered

-) Armour
   Tweaks made to Dragon Armlet, Warrior Bangle, Fourth Bracelet, and other end-game
   armour pieces.

-) Materia
   Stat bonuses/penalties tweaked

\\Field//
Fixed that Aeris in the desk problem in dark cave.

Elmyra no longer appears inside the Reactor in Kalm

Dialogue box resizing for shinra HQ staircase

Floor 59, issue where Cloud could become stuck after getting the key due to a save point
script clash was fixed by moving the script fromk cloud #12 to Cid #4

Forgotten City; returning to the altar after the fight there resulted in softlock.
Main script wasn't jumping to end but instead triggering script intended for Aeris
scenes earlier in game.

Cave of the Gi Disc 3; coming here without Red XIII would result in game moment getting
set low, and a softlock would quickly ensue.

No longer possible to leave via north exit in last screen of dark cave, which would
result in softlock on world map

Issue in Junon Leagues where the Zack cutscene would play under certain conditions
Issue where selecting cancel would result in softlock

PHS option removed from Weapon Raid Save Points as swapping out Barret, etc. would
cause scripts to crash.

Unchanged/Unreplicated

Fort Condor NPC at Cosmo Canyon seems fine with gil check; older version perhaps?

The dialogue:
“I saw her!
   I really did!”
“This woman just disappeared!
   Right there around the old church.”
{NEW PAGE}
“I waited around a long time,
   but she never came out again!”
{NEW PAGE}
“I tell you{, }it's one of them
   …haunted churches!”

This is playing at the intended spot. It's referring to Aeris going into the Church,
but then exiting from the roof during the escape from the Turks, but is also a
reference to the 'ghost Aeris' easter egg that appears on Disc 2/3. If I keep getting
bug reports about it though then I'll just change it for peace and quiet.

//NT Vanilla Combat

The issue here is that an import performed on one of the fields went wrong, and left it corrupted. I reimported the field and it should be working now.
Non-7H Installer
https://mega.nz/#!H9EUVQoQ!RJZ7r9UuZLJ0MWPAwRX9O69_VlfZCNxhJ7fm6A_yoqE

7th Heaven IRO
https://mega.nz/#!D8VyRI5J!V04dGgNccHQJNljWsXrgdkOGrPSklyEW8jhsSCZca9A

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: 2019-09-01 22:19:43 »
also I can't see in the item spreadsheet any entry for the Zolum. was wondering if I could morph it? >:)

noticed another couple small things. choco bill talks to you about leveling up the chocobo lure materia in the main house but that's not a thing anymore. also when aeris is missing from the party before bone village she will still show up in towns like junon lol

also was wondering what point in the game / level you should be at before attempting Junon leagues? Also wondering at what point it'd be important to grind the gold saucer for stuff like touph ring
« Last Edit: 2019-09-02 04:43:57 by saw2th »

SnowMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: 2019-09-02 03:31:41 »
If it hasn't already been mentioned, it doesn't look like Garudas ever use Aqualung willingly. I spent about an hour hanging out in battle trying to convince them to use it, but it just didn't happen. In the end I had to use Manipulate.

Cid's "Dragon" limit doesn't seem to restore HP/MP when used against specific enemies. Those lizard dudes around Wutai, specifically- I haven't gone out of my way to test it against other enemies.

There's an apparently known issue with Cid's "Hyper Jump" limit. When you use it against an enemy that's immune to instant-KO, the game crashes. Is this fixable via modding?

I see the double-Reflect soft-lock is still alive and well. Is that also fixable through mods somehow?

I'm about to dig up the Lunar Harp in my game, and the command materia I've collected include 1 Enemy Skill, 2 Steal, 1 Manipulate, 1 Throw, 1 Morph, and 1 Sense. I got a Command Counter materia FOREVER ago, and it's just been collecting dust because none of these are particularly useful with it. Did I miss a command at some point that would have been useful with Command Counter, or is it just normal to get Command Counter long before you ever get a useful command to pair it with? I'm assuming that Enemy Skill and Throw just plain don't work with it since they open menus, and nothing else is consistently useful throughout a battle- you'd generally use Steal and Sense at the start of a battle, and Morph isn't really "counter" material; you actively seek out or create opportunities to use it for farming purposes.

On a balance note, am I missing something, or does Red XIII just get the brunt end of the stick when it comes to weapons for a BIG chunk of disc one? Before Wutai, the strongest weapon I had for him was the Howl Comb with 31 Atk, but only 3 single slots, and the best weapon for slots was the Silver Barrette with two pair and a single, but only 27 Atk. Meanwhile, the other characters are generally getting access to much stronger or more useful weapons with bigger bonuses, like Barret's W-Machine Gun and Enemy Launcher, or Tifa's Powersoul and Motor Drive.

Also, I never got the "Fort Condor Battle Available!" reminder after getting the buggy. Dunno if this is a known issue or an isolated incident.

I think that's it for now. Will come back to this later.

P.S. I notice there is a new IRO for New Threat. I'm using 7th Heaven; how do I patch this in? Do I just swap out the IRO file and Launch Game, or do I have to do something different? Will doing so mess with my current save and force me to start the game over?
« Last Edit: 2019-09-02 03:42:33 by SnowMutt »

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: 2019-09-02 07:35:32 »
Evening all! Thanks to Sega Chief for putting up the new balance patch...I know ya'll always want to know exactly what was changed, so I got the adjustments for the Materia changes so far. I'll see about getting the other changes about armor/weapons/etc later when I have more free time. Please see below.

-) Original Materia on the left, updated as of 9/1/19 on the right. If there is no stat on the left, but a stat on the right, that stat is brand new to the Materia:

Offensive Magic (No Changes)
   -3 Vit   
   -3 Mag.Def
   +3% MaxMP

Offensive Magic II (No Changes)
   -5 Vit
   -5 Mag.Def   
   +5% MaxMP

Status Magic (No Changes)
   +3 Vit
   +3 Mag.Def
   +3% MaxHP

Physical-based Command Materia (No Changes)
   -5 Magic
   +5 Dexterity
   +5 Luck
   -5% MaxMP

Added Cut & Cmd. Counter & Counter-Attack (No Changes)
   -5 Strength
   -5 Magic
   +10 Dexterity

All/Mega-All (No Changes)
   -5 Magic
   +3% MaxMP

Elemental/Added Effect Materia
   -15 Vit             >  -10 Vit
   -15 Mag.Def     >  -10 Mag.Def

HP/MP Absorb Materia
   -5 Magic              >  -5 Magic
   +10 Dexterity      >  Removed Dex
   -5% MaxMP         >  +3% Max MP

MP Turbo & Quadra Magic & Magic Counter
   +5 Magic         >  +5 Magic
   -25 Mag.Def.    >  -15 Mag.Def

Final Attack/Sneak Attack
   +15 Dexterity     >  +10 Dex
   -5% MaxHP        >  -5% MaxHP

Mime
   -15 Strength  >  -10 Strength
   -15 Vit           >  -10 Vit
   -15 Magic       >  -10 Magic
   -15 Mag.Def   >  -10 Mag.Def

Manipulate (No Changes)
   +10 Luck

Pre-emptive
   +10 Luck      >  +10 Dex
                      >  -5% MaxHP

Morph & Throw 
   +15 Vit               >  +10 Vit
   -15 Mag.Def        >  -10 Mag.Def
   +15 Dexterity      >  +10 Dex
   -15 Luck             >  -10 Luck

EXP/Gil Plus (No Changes)
   -10 Vit
   -10 Mag.Def

W-Materia (Item/Command/Magic)
   -15 Strength  > -10 Strength
   -15 Magic      > -10 Magic

HP-MP Swap
   +50 Strength  > +25 Strength
   +50 Vit           > +25 Vit
   +50 Magic       > +25 Magic
   +50 Mag.Def   > +25 Mag.Def

Cover (No Changes)
   +15 Vit
   -10% MaxMP

Summon I (Choco/Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh/Titan/Odin)
   +5 Magic        >  Replaced with +10 Strength
   +5 Mag.Def    >  Replaced with +10 Vit
                        >  -10 Dex
                        >  +20 Luck
   -10% MaxHP  >  +5% MaxHp
   -10% MaxMP  >  -5% MaxMp

Summon II (Bahamut/Neo/Zero/Leviathan/Typhoon/Kjata/Alexander/Phoenix/Hades)
   +10 Magic      >  No Change
   +10 Mag.Def  >  No Change
                        >  +15 Dex
                        >  -15 Luck
   -15% MaxHP  >  -5% MaxHp
   -15% MaxMP  >  +5% Max MP

Knights of The Round
   +15 Magic           >  Replaced with +15 Vit
   +15 Mag.Def       >  No Change
                             >  -15 Dex
                             >  -20 Luck
   -20% MaxHP       >  +5% MaxHp
   -20% MaxMP       >  +5% MaxMp

-) Armor Stats on the left, updated as of 9/1/19 on the right.

Bronze Bangle (No Change)
   18 Defense
   7% Defense
   14 Mag.Def
   4% Mag.Def
   Materia: 1 Link, 1 Unlinked
   Growth: Normal

Iron Bangle (No Change)
   36 Defense
   0% Defense
   24 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   Materia: 2 Unlinked

Titan Bangle (No Change)
   5 Defense
   0% Defense
   2 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   Materia: 3 Unlinked

Mythril Armlet (No Change)
   3 Defense
   0% Defense
   6 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   +10 Magic

Carbon Bangle (No Change)
   22 Defense
   8% Defense
   2 Mag.Def
   8% Mag.Def
   +20 Dex
   Materia: 1 Linked, 2 Unlinked

Silver Armlet (No Change)
   15 Defense
   3% Defense
   23 Mag.Def
   5% Mag.Def
   +15 Magic
   Materia: 1 Linked, 2 Unlinked

Gold Armlet (No Change)
   30 Defense
   6% Defense
   18 Mag.Def
   4% Mag.Def
   +15 Strength
   Materia: 2 Linked

Diamond Bangle
   38 Defense
   2% Defense
   34 Mag.Def
   2% Mag.Def
   +5 Strength  >  +10 Strength
   +5 Magic     >  +10 Magic
   Materia: 2 Linked, 1 Unlinked

Crystal Bangle
   42 Defense
   14% Defense
   38 Mag.Def
   12% Mag.Def
   +10 Strength  >  +15 Strength
   +10 Magic     >  +15 Magic
   Materia: 3 Linked

Platinum Bangle (No Change)
   11 Defense
   14% Defense
   10 Mag.Def
   15% Mag.Def
   +40 Luck
   Growth: Double

Rune Armlet (No Change)
   14 Defense
   0% Defense
   42 Mag.Def
   8% Mag.Def
   Prevent: Silence
   Materia: 4 Unlinked
   Growth: Double

Edincoat (No Change)
   32 Defense
   3% Defense
   3 Mag.Def
   3% Mag.Def
   +25 Strength
   Materia: 1 Linked, 4 Unlinked

Wizard Bracelet (No Change)
   3 Defense
   3% Defense
   46 Mag.Def
   3% Mag.Def
   Materia: 4 Linked

Adaman Bangle (No Change)
   50 Defense
   0% Defense
   8 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   Nullify: Water
   Materia: 1 Linked

Gigas Armlet
   0 Defense
   0% Defense
   0 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   +40 Strength  >  +50 Strength
   Materia: 5 Unlinked
   Growth: None

Imperial Guard
   45 Defense
   15% Defense
   45 Mag.Def
   15% Mag.Def
   +15 Strength  >  +20 Strength
   +15 Magic  >  +20 Magic

Aegis Armlet (No Change)
   50 Defense
   5% Defense
   50 Mag.Def
   5% Mag.Def
   Prevents: Death
   Nullify: Holy/Hidden

Fourth Bracelet
   20 Defense
   0% Defense
   21 Mag.Def  >  61 Mag.Def
   5% Mag.Def
   +20 Magic  >  +35 Magic
   Materia: 2 Linked, 2 Unlinked

Warrior Bangle
   45 Defense  >  75 Defense
   7% Defense
   6 Mag.Def
   2% Mag.Def
   +20 Strength  >  +35 Strength
   Materia: 2 Linked, 2 Unlinked

Shinra Beta (No Change)
   0 Defense
   22% Defense
   0 Mag.Def
   22% Mag.Def
   +30 Dex

Shinra Alpha (No Change)
   37 Defense
   18% Defense
   34 Mag.Def
   18% Mag.Def
   +35 Dex
   +35 Luck
   Materia: 3 Linked, 2 Unlinked

Four Slots (No Change)
   4 Defense
   0% Defense
   10 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   +20 Luck
   Materia: 2 Linked

Fire Armlet (No Change)
   32 Defense
   8% Defense
   18 Mag.Def
   3% Mag.Def
   +10 Strength
   +10 Dex
   Halve: Fire

Aurora Armlet (No Change)
   16 Defense
   3% Defense
   34 Mag.Def
   8% Mag.Def
   +15 Magic
   Halve: Ice

Bolt Armlet (No Change)
   24 Defense
   21% Defense
   25 Mag.Def
   18% Mag.Def
   +25 Dex
   Halve: Lightning

Dragon Armlet
   37 Defense
   8% Defense
   48 Mag.Def  >  28 Mag.Def
   7% Mag.Def
   +20 Strength
   +20 Magic
   Halve: Shout

Minerva Band (No Change)
   40 Defense
   16% Defense
   37 Mag.Def
   8% Mag.Def
   Halve: Holy/Gravity/Wind
   Female Only (Includes Cait Sith)

Escort Guard (No Change)
   42 Defense
   16% Defense
   35 Mag.Def
   8% Mag.Def
   Halve: Earth/Poison/Hidden
   Male Only (Includes Cait Sith)

Mystile (No Change)
   0 Defense
   50% Defense
   0 Mag.Def
   60% Mag.Def
   Prevents: Shield
   Materia: 6 Unlinked

Ziedrich (No Change)
   0 Defense
   0% Defense
   0 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   Prevent: Resist
   Halve: Fire/Cold/Lightning/Earth/Poison/Gravity/Water/Wind/Holy/Restore/Cut/Hit/Punch/Shoot/Shout/Hidden
   Materia: 6 Unlinked

Precious Watch (No Change)
   0 Defense
   0% Defense
   0 Mag.Def
   0% Mag.Def
   Materia: 8 Unlinked
   Growth: Triple

Chocobracelet
   2 Defense
   23% Defense
   1 Mag.Def
   23% Mag.Def
   Materia: 4 Unlinked

-) Summon Changes (No MP Cost Changes), updated as of 9/1/19 on the right.

Choco/Mog  -  70 MP
   14 Power  >  24 Power

Shiva  -  72 MP
   15 Power  >  25 Power

Ifrit  -  74 MP
   16 Power  >  26 Power

Ramuh  -  76 MP
   18 Power  >  28 Power

Titan  -  78 MP
   20 Power  >  30 Power

Odin  -  99 MP (Both Versions)
   30 Power  >  40 Power

Leviathan  -  108 MP
   32 Power  >  62 Power

Bahamut  -  115 MP
   38 Power  >  68 Power

Kjata  -  135 MP
   50 Power  >  80 Power

Alexander  -  124 MP
   44 Power  >  74 Power

Phoenix  -  174 MP
   54 Power  >  64 Power

Neo Bahamut  -  140 MP
   52 Power  >  72 Power

Hades  -  152 MP
   60 Power  >  100 Power

Typhoon  -  172 MP
   72 Power  >  112 Power

Bahamut ZERO  -  180 MP
   80 Power  >  120 Power

Knights of The Round  -  250 MP
   20 Power  >  30 Power (x13 hits, 390 total power)

I tried my best with the formatting. Hopefully this helps out with the materia and armor changes. Sega Chief, if you would like, I already updated the Materia changelog you had in one of the versions I downloaded, I'd be happy to shoot it over to you if you want to add it into your pastebin for the community.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-02 10:31:17 by Karsh Highwind »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: 2019-09-02 08:29:13 »
also I can't see in the item spreadsheet any entry for the Zolum. was wondering if I could morph it? >:)

noticed another couple small things. choco bill talks to you about leveling up the chocobo lure materia in the main house but that's not a thing anymore. also when aeris is missing from the party before bone village she will still show up in towns like junon lol

also was wondering what point in the game / level you should be at before attempting Junon leagues? Also wondering at what point it'd be important to grind the gold saucer for stuff like touph ring

Leagues are like Disc 1 for the first, Disc 2/3 for the second and third.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, it doesn't look like Garudas ever use Aqualung willingly. I spent about an hour hanging out in battle trying to convince them to use it, but it just didn't happen. In the end I had to use Manipulate.

Cid's "Dragon" limit doesn't seem to restore HP/MP when used against specific enemies. Those lizard dudes around Wutai, specifically- I haven't gone out of my way to test it against other enemies.

There's an apparently known issue with Cid's "Hyper Jump" limit. When you use it against an enemy that's immune to instant-KO, the game crashes. Is this fixable via modding?

I see the double-Reflect soft-lock is still alive and well. Is that also fixable through mods somehow?

I'm about to dig up the Lunar Harp in my game, and the command materia I've collected include 1 Enemy Skill, 2 Steal, 1 Manipulate, 1 Throw, 1 Morph, and 1 Sense. I got a Command Counter materia FOREVER ago, and it's just been collecting dust because none of these are particularly useful with it. Did I miss a command at some point that would have been useful with Command Counter, or is it just normal to get Command Counter long before you ever get a useful command to pair it with? I'm assuming that Enemy Skill and Throw just plain don't work with it since they open menus, and nothing else is consistently useful throughout a battle- you'd generally use Steal and Sense at the start of a battle, and Morph isn't really "counter" material; you actively seek out or create opportunities to use it for farming purposes.

On a balance note, am I missing something, or does Red XIII just get the brunt end of the stick when it comes to weapons for a BIG chunk of disc one? Before Wutai, the strongest weapon I had for him was the Howl Comb with 31 Atk, but only 3 single slots, and the best weapon for slots was the Silver Barrette with two pair and a single, but only 27 Atk. Meanwhile, the other characters are generally getting access to much stronger or more useful weapons with bigger bonuses, like Barret's W-Machine Gun and Enemy Launcher, or Tifa's Powersoul and Motor Drive.

Also, I never got the "Fort Condor Battle Available!" reminder after getting the buggy. Dunno if this is a known issue or an isolated incident.

I think that's it for now. Will come back to this later.

P.S. I notice there is a new IRO for New Threat. I'm using 7th Heaven; how do I patch this in? Do I just swap out the IRO file and Launch Game, or do I have to do something different? Will doing so mess with my current save and force me to start the game over?

Hyper Jump breaks on the Steam version about half the time (although for some it's all the time); on the latest versions of the driver this has been fixed but isn't available for the steam version unless you convert it into a 1998 install (same process as preparing game for 7th heaven, except you just run the game through the ff7.exe instead of the 7th heaven mod loader). The reason Dragon and Hyper Jump were swapped was so Steam users could learn both limits without having to try and get through the Hyper Jump problem.

Command Counter isn't too great at first; I usually pair it with Steal or something. It was a bit more useful when Deathblow was in Gongaga.

The reflect glitch, assuming it's the one where you cast Reflect on all party members and all enemies then use a spell that targets all, has no current fix but maybe DLPB has.

That notification pops up while reading the letter from Dio prior to being placed in the buggy on the world map.

Just deactivate the old IRO, import the new one through the Library tab, and then activate it. Save file carries over.

I tried my best with the formatting. Hopefully this helps out with the materia changes. Sega Chief, if you would like, I already updated the Materia changelog you had in one of the versions I downloaded, I'd be happy to shoot it over to you if you want to add it into your pastebin for the community.

Oh yeah, the documentation that I forgot to update again. That'd be useful.

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: 2019-09-02 08:41:12 »
Oh yeah, the documentation that I forgot to update again. That'd be useful.

No sweat, you do plenty enough updating the game itself, I can do some legwork on my end to free up some time for you. I added the files to my Google Drive so you can copy the text. This link has the Materia, Armor & Summon changes you have made as of 9/1/19. I updated my original post earlier to house the data for those of you that don't want to go to the Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18OjYV4BB4jViGw2v-hao-jqwkg20FUKb?usp=sharing

I wasn't able to find a single weapon that was increased or altered in any way. Did something not save on your end when you put the file out? I triple checked every weapon using the prior kernel and the new kernel on Wall Market and found all weapon strength, hit rate, crit rate and stat increases are identical to the prior version of the game. (I made sure to open both different kernels on Wall Market simultaneously. I thought I made that mistake the first time)
« Last Edit: 2019-09-02 11:09:20 by Karsh Highwind »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: 2019-09-02 12:48:56 »
I assumed weapons were done because Mythril Saber was listing +15 instead of +5 for magic buff but I guess I must have done that in an earlier update.

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: 2019-09-02 18:01:32 »
At the end game now, I can't figure out how you change party leader. The crew doesn't give the option. I assume its done on the highwind, but I can't find any information or videos to explain what I'm missing.

edit: nvm I finally found uncut video, so this guy appears if you goto the bottom of the crater? I missed that memo.. https://youtu.be/xuFLpwswDBM?t=1186
« Last Edit: 2019-09-02 18:06:42 by lakecityransom »

yutterh

• View Profile
« Reply #8490 on: 2019-09-02 22:21:55 »
Thank you for the update man, excited to start playing again.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: 2019-09-03 02:09:37 »
quick question about skills that ignore status immunity?
How am I supposed to learn Bad Breath from Icy Oscar if he puts the team to sleep then uses no physical attacks? equipped the sleep immunity accessory but to no avail.. whole team is basically dead by the time the status wears off, at which point the critical, confused unit dies immediately.

had a hypothesis - am I supposed to have Ice Ring and Aurora Armlet equipped or something, to survive the initial beating of Bad Breath, then manage to recover and kill it before being hit again by the rng calling bad breath again...? seems like some sort of situation like this.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: 2019-09-03 02:23:06 »
Wanted to also say that the (apparently new?) Shinra Mansion fight where the molecule splits into both versions was very brutal, and pulled some cheese tricks like Big Guard + Quake2 on my own team to get there. CounterMagic+Earth was also a hugely a factor, having killed the orange molecule first. But SneakAttack+Odin is worth it for the occasional random battle skip  :mrgreen:

I am definitely enjoying the fact that it is possible to tackle almost every optional boss on curve with their appearance in the current pace of the game with enough strategy, although I haven't started the reunion, wrt icy Oscar question. The only thing that has seemed too hard so far has been Junon League, but maybe I need auto-wall gear equipped?

One thing that was a bit rough was the Pagoda battle for Yuffi, as the morphs were so hard to achieve due to the battle ai of each being so tricky that I just skipped over it (such as the guy before godo hitting you with berserk so you cant morph him). Cool ideas though and I would not change it, just very tricky.

Was cool to see that I could switch to Arrange Mode from Original in-game! Had asked my question about it before finding that npc by the gold saucer. Is he the only npc that offers the swap, and is it a genuine change? This has been a lot of fun when the fights are so arduous that you must strategize before each one. This had me realize that it's *really* called Arrange Mode because you'll be arranging your materia before basically every battle now :-o :evil:

SnowMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: 2019-09-03 07:51:52 »
Had something REALLY weird happen just now in Gaea's Cliff.

Took out a pair of Cuahl with Alexander, and they each Final Attack'd "Lvl ??? Holy" against my party. Each one took out a single party member, leaving me with just Cloud (at full HP mind you) and... I got a Game Over.

lolwut??? Thankfully I had saved right before, but... WHAT? I've never encountered anything like this before. I'm just gonna run from these guys from now on. o--o

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: 2019-09-03 08:58:45 »
quick question about skills that ignore status immunity?
How am I supposed to learn Bad Breath from Icy Oscar if he puts the team to sleep then uses no physical attacks? equipped the sleep immunity accessory but to no avail.. whole team is basically dead by the time the status wears off, at which point the critical, confused unit dies immediately.

had a hypothesis - am I supposed to have Ice Ring and Aurora Armlet equipped or something, to survive the initial beating of Bad Breath, then manage to recover and kill it before being hit again by the rng calling bad breath again...? seems like some sort of situation like this.

Sleep immunity should be working against sleep status there; is it ignoring it? I think you get some vaccines in Icicle Inn which would be really useful here; pop one for Resist status to block all incoming statuses. The breath attack should be ice element as well so Aurora Armlet from Forgotten City is also a good shout. Poison + Elemental or a Star Pendant will help with the poison-element attacks (and I think Bad Breath is poison element damage as well).

Had something REALLY weird happen just now in Gaea's Cliff.

Took out a pair of Cuahl with Alexander, and they each Final Attack'd "Lvl ??? Holy" against my party. Each one took out a single party member, leaving me with just Cloud (at full HP mind you) and... I got a Game Over.

lolwut??? Thankfully I had saved right before, but... WHAT? I've never encountered anything like this before. I'm just gonna run from these guys from now on. o--o

What I think has happened is; Cloud was hit by Blaster earlier on in the fight which ejects the targeted party member from the fight, but the wrong damaged animation has been set meaning he's still visibly present on the field. Then the Lv? Holy attacks have come out and killed the remaining two party members.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: 2019-09-03 09:02:53 »
I managed to get it by the attack just randomly missing entirety? wrt Icy Oscar. his Bad Breath definitely ignored my party members’ accessories, tho

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: 2019-09-03 09:05:10 »
also did not see any Vaccines at Icicle Inn, just hero drink and x-potion iirc. is there a way to open up the hack and just look at changes compared to vanilla? ive yet to use 7th Heaven or anything

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: 2019-09-03 11:18:35 »
also did not see any Vaccines at Icicle Inn, just hero drink and x-potion iirc. is there a way to open up the hack and just look at changes compared to vanilla? ive yet to use 7th Heaven or anything

There should have been one in the house with the map, sitting next to the Hero Drink II. If Bad Breath is ignoring status defence then that's an issue; will check kernel when I get back.

lakecityransom

• View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: 2019-09-03 14:14:14 »
Is Gaea Dragon the only one to do Time Flare? I've limit breaked Nibel & Crater dragons till the cows come home and they always counter with the playing card that says "The Sun" that casts berserk... and I can't go back to the cliffs the game forbids it. I remember the Gaea Dragon casting it once, but he was too dangerous at the time and I had no idea it was an enemy skill. Can't believe I have a bricked enemy skill materia. =/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: 2019-09-03 14:47:32 »
Is Gaea Dragon the only one to do Time Flare? I've limit breaked Nibel & Crater dragons till the cows come home and they always counter with the playing card that says "The Sun" that casts berserk... and I can't go back to the cliffs the game forbids it. I remember the Gaea Dragon casting it once, but he was too dangerous at the time and I had no idea it was an enemy skill. Can't believe I have a bricked enemy skill materia. =/

It sounds like Dragon Force has the wrong animation ID set; that'll be setting Berserk, Auto-Crit, and Haste I think. I don't think Time Flare is a skill anymore but I'll need to check. In any case, the skill you want from the Crater Dragon is Dragon Force.