Author Topic: Bethesda Hiring for Next-Gen Game  (Read 4602 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Bethesda Hiring for Next-Gen Game
« on: 2012-02-28 10:50:47 »
Just a fact I found in ign website for anyone interested...

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1219519p1.html?_cmpid=ign18&utm_source=Monday%20newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=556%20Games%20Mon%2002.27_1601_72358_72397&utm_content=15666439

Bethesda is currently hiring for a next-generation video game.

According to a job listing, the studio is seeking "experienced programmers to work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles."

The following list of requirements is included:

At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
    Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
    Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
    Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
    Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
    Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
    Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus http://games.ign.com/objects/822/822226.html

For now, no details about the project have been revealed, but we've reached out to Bethesda for comment.

In the meantime, Bethesda is known to currently be working on new downloadable content for Skyrim http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1218280p1.html.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Bethesda Hiring for Next-Gen Game
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-28 15:57:39 »
Oh so they're looking for some that actually knows something about development for a change.

:evil:

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-28 21:29:56 »
Dragonninja are you saying Bethesda has bad developers? You do know they made the game Fallout 3 which even has got game of the year edition and for some it still is one of the best games

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-28 21:56:11 »
Dragonninja are you saying Bethesda has bad developers? You do know they made the game Fallout 3 which even has got game of the year edition and for some it still is one of the best games

Haha i like fallout 3. I got it on ps3 haven't finished it yet. I know someone is making a ffvii mod on it's engine :P . I wanna try Rage too sometime.

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-28 23:32:08 »
Those requirements sound daunting!

Fallout 3 is a decent game, but I have my problems with it. When I used to play the actual game I'd get a lot of CTDs and it's not like I have a crap rig. The character animations were a bit stiff and the combat felt pretty unwieldy. I also didn't like that it removed some things that Oblivion had, like books and more compartmentalised armour. Large games will inevitably have their problems though and overall Fallout 3 was pretty good.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-02-29 04:42:26 »
Dragonninja are you saying Bethesda has bad developers?

Yes, I've been playing Skyrim.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-02-29 04:54:07 »

Haha. I know your suffering.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-02-29 15:37:39 »
Those requirements sound daunting!

Fallout 3 is a decent game, but I have my problems with it. When I used to play the actual game I'd get a lot of CTDs and it's not like I have a crap rig. The character animations were a bit stiff and the combat felt pretty unwieldy. I also didn't like that it removed some things that Oblivion had, like books and more compartmentalised armour. Large games will inevitably have their problems though and overall Fallout 3 was pretty good.
Im guessing your playing the PS3 version?
it has many bugs that arn't fixed yet and in xbox some are fixed but not all doubt they're ever gonna fix them since it's kinda old now Fallout new vegas was a disaster and no wonder it wasn't made by Bethesda but by some other company
lol

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: 2012-03-01 00:53:02 »
Im guessing your playing the PS3 version?
it has many bugs that arn't fixed yet and in xbox some are fixed but not all doubt they're ever gonna fix them since it's kinda old now Fallout new vegas was a disaster and no wonder it wasn't made by Bethesda but by some other companylol

Nah, I have it for PC otherwise I wouldn't be able to mod it. The last time I played the actual vanilla game was probably over a year ago, so maybe it's been patched more since then. I just remember newer games, like Crysis 2, Assassin's Creed, Empire Total War, etc running much smoother. It's a similar story with the GECK; sometimes it'll instantly crash when you do something... It's usually the same things, but it makes me wonder why they allow you to perform actions that will crash it :-/

Skyrim, to me, just looks like a funner, prettier Oblivion. I'll probably pick it up in a year when it's cheap.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-03-09 07:21:09 »
Skyrim is a good game, but Bethesda is in dire need of a new coder. It's a good thing they are hiring, all of their gamebryo-based games (which skyrim also is) have shit optimization and it has nothing to do with the type of game it is. I've heard some people say they can't have better graphics or higher-res textures because of how big the game world is (which is idiotic)