• View Profile
« on: 2014-05-01 22:13:12 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:43:12 by Jenova's Witness »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
This is a very good idea. It'd be great if these games could be exploited as easily as FF8.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I haven't tested if it's possible to replace the scene.bin with 7th Heaven. Theoretical it should be possible. If it works then it would be a good idea to make the enemies stronger in the visit places when the meteor appears.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Are enemy stats in these games tied to enemy level in any way outside of damage formulas that take level into account?

Nope. Engineering this feat would be pretty time-consuming as you'd have to give all of them a leveling script that increased stats based on level and base stats. For 7 at least. I'm fairly certain it's not possible with 6 (at least through AI) and I haven't tried editing 9 so I'm uncertain what it would take.

Biggest issue I can see is "classes" You don't want heavy-hitters leveling in the same way magic-users would so you'd have to write different stat gains per class type (possibly per enemy too).
« Last Edit: 2014-05-02 01:17:48 by NFITC1 »

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-02 04:57:06 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:43:22 by Jenova's Witness »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
In FF9, there are stat-boosting abilities, so I guess it wouldn't be that hard. All you need to do would be :
- Adding the stat boosting abilities to all the enemies,
- Adding a script that makes them cast it a certain amount of time at the beginning of the battle depending on the party's level.
It may be tricky to increase some stats and I'm not 100% sure you can access to party's level in battle script, though.

It would still be quiet hard/time-consuming, but not nearly as hard as editing the whole battle mechanics.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Yeah that's what I thought.  FF7 doesn't have any abilities that affect player or enemy level (except the slots thing in the Battle Arena, how does that work?) so that isn't easily done.

Battle arena is a different thing entirely. The script there actually lowers the active character's level by 5 or 10 (no lower than level 1) and it just stays that way until the battle ends. Each character has a globally accessible memory chunk that is used to populate battle memory at the beginning of a battle and gets re-written at the end of a battle. The Battle Arena just doesn't write back to this structure after the battles are over so it will do crazy things to stats and not care.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
In the Hardcore mod, Gjoerulv had an AI script where the Nibel Dragon would enter 'Counter Mode' and give the player a chance to escape if they were under a certain level. If you set up a variation of this with checks for certain level caps then you could alter the enemy's stats in pre-battle to better match the party's level. But like NFITC1 said, it'd take a lot of time to add this to every enemy.  It'd also be quite a lot of code to add in and I think each scene can only hold so much data, is that correct?

You could make it more copy-paste friendly by using variables that won't clash with an enemy's pre-existing ones by using scarcely used variables like Var 0100 or something. Multiplying the enemy's base stats instead of customising the numbers for each enemy would cut down the time needed too, but like NFITC1 also mentioned you don't want physical hitters to be gaining stats to the same formulas as magic-using enemies because of the inverse relationship in damage these have going through the game (magic is stronger early on, but physical attacks far outstrip them by the end). There's also big differences in certain enemies that a multiplication of stats will make worse so might be the case that certain enemies will have to be customised.

This was the pre-battle code for Dragon that Gjoerulv used:
Code: [Select]
0x000LocalVar:0000 <- 3
0x006LocalVar:0020 <- RandomBit(AllOpponentMask)
0x00E If ( (LocalVar:0020.Level < 56) )
0x00E {
0x01B LocalVar:0000 <- 0
0x021 TargetMask <- AllOpponentMask
0x028 Perform("Low Level Heal"[02D4], EnemyAttack)
0x02EDisplay String: "Counter Mode"
0x03CSCRIPT END

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Why not making all enemies LV1 as well as the player and disable leveling entirely. This is completely the same as if you would have enemies which level with you.

I play this way to minimize the amount of grinding I must do endgame.  But the game is just so easy the way I play.  If each enemy would tier to my party level after I surpass their level, the game would be more fun and grinding would go faster too (especially if AP gains increased too).  I would reach level 99 probably when I get all my master materia, just in time for the WEAPON fights.

I do not grind for the sake of a high level. I grind to be good prepared for the next boss fights. Also reaching LV99 would take much longer this way because I must take care of my party much more and the enemy fight duration would always be the same.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-05-03 01:19:01 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:43:35 by Jenova's Witness »