Author Topic: Questions on FF IX Audio Mods  (Read 5205 times)

Damned

• View Profile
Questions on FF IX Audio Mods
« on: 2018-07-15 20:24:08 »
I recently downloaded two audio mods for FF IX.

1. This one restores the enemy death and PS1 SFX.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/1692659769944094123/?ctp=3

2. This one alters the way the game processes audio so it sounds better.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/353916838206972073/

I want to use both of them, but have run into a problem. Both modify SdLib.dll. Is there some tool I could potentially use to "merge" both of the modded SdLib.dll files together? Are these two mods compatible with each other?

Also, I was wondering if anyone could please look into the following issue with the audio in FFIX. I posted about it before, but here it is again...

The first (Honestly by far the most annoying issue with the audio for me.) problem with the audio is the BGM resetting after a random encounter, rather than continuing from where it left off.

For example, lets say I'm running around the overworld. The overworld theme music keeps playing until about 0:25 into the track when I get into a random encounter. Now, in the PS1 version of the game, after I would finish the random encounter and return to the overworld, the overworld theme music would continue playing from where it left off at 0:25.

However, in the PC version, the overworld theme music resets back to 0:00 and continues playing like normal from there.

I would really, really, REALLY be appreciative to anyone who could fix this issue, and would even be willing to donate money to anyone who could get it fixed.

Incinerator

Re: Questions on FF IX Audio Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-17 01:03:09 »
They use the same Sdlib.dll, the second one you linked has only a Sdlib.dll which is the same one used in the first one. The first one, goes in depth and fixes all sounds.
As for the BGM resetting, that's still a grey area for me, and if it comes known to be fixed, it'll be fixed.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-19 17:15:44 by Incinerator »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-18 23:59:26 »
So there's no way to have both fixed sound effects and fixed audio processing?

Incinerator

« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-19 17:13:17 »
So there's no way to have both fixed sound effects and fixed audio processing?

Yes, my sounds fix includes both. It uses that same sdlib.dll from the ‘audio quality‘ thread there.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-19 17:47:09 »
Yes, my sounds fix includes both. It uses that same sdlib.dll from the ‘audio quality‘ thread there.

Oh! Interesting, last time I used it (older version), I could have sworn the treasure/chest sound effect was still distorted, will check again with this one