Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501824 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #325 on: 2009-08-03 02:07:47 »
Would it be possible to implement an import .3ds or .obj and take pcreator out of the mix? :P

It'd be very handy to be able to plop my models directly into kimera to fix em up.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #326 on: 2009-08-03 12:04:13 »
but if I try to use Kimera to scroll through the different textures, it opens the "open model" box.

sounds like exactly what happened to me. if you hit "remove texture" then, does it remove the entire model piece?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009-08-03 15:18:56 »
but if I try to use Kimera to scroll through the different textures, it opens the "open model" box.

sounds like exactly what happened to me. if you hit "remove texture" then, does it remove the entire model piece?
Yep.  Windows 7 user here, not sure if that makes a difference

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009-08-03 15:36:10 »
i know i have already post my problem here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8738.msg110920#msg110920

but there is a possibility that it screw up some of the animation like the transformation of vincent, example my vince(swap with cloud and vice versa) transform into the hellmasker while im doing the death giga and when i do hell masker the camera is facing vince but is doing nothing

ps: im using kimera 0.9

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009-08-03 16:20:03 »
Sorry for the delay, but >++@>(M♥T)<@++<'s model has been keeping me busy. Even though it looks perfectly valid, the game fails to load it no matter what. Suprisingly painting a polygon of the problematic P files made them work, which is even more disconcerting. I'm starting to think we've hit some hole in the P file specification we've got.

Zack Fair, you're right, the animation options don't match the right bone. It forgot subtracting the first bone for battle animations... As for your suggestions, the first one could be nice, the second would be covered if I manage to pull off the frames interpolation, and for the third one... mmm... I'll take a look. And yes, animations are stored mostly uncompressed (only the 0 rotations are compressed). I think there isn't much point trying to get a smaller size when the size is already pretty small.

obesebear, the world_us.lgp models seem to be loaded correctly for me. The animations used usually don't match, though. And the clipping planes are way too small (I think I'm going to use some fixed value from now on...). There is defintly some problem with the textures selector, I'll take a closer look.

AlbusJC, I haven't experienced that problem with the animations. Could you describe what you were doing when that happened?

timu sumisu, yes, loading 3ds files is one of my top priority tasks for the next version.

Well seems we will need some bug-fix version soon...

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009-08-03 16:30:15 »
May I have a look at this mystery model?

Would be great if you included the working version aswell.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2009-08-03 18:33:10 »
New question
When I initially load my poor attempt at converting APZ's Cloud to a field model I get this

But as soon as I touch anything in Kimera it turns into this

I haven't tried the model in game, because frankly I'm sure it will just crash.  Any idea what the reason for this might be?  I used Img2Tex on a 24bit bmp if that matters.  And have tried ticking and unticking the Color 0 option

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2009-08-03 21:12:19 »
Borde At least I have solved the problem when I've changed the position of the bones. Also I have joined the double belt to the chest as I did with the buster sword. Now at least he looks like a "normal person" when he is running...  :-D
Thank you very much and great job with kimera. :wink: One more thing. I am not sure if it is a problem or not of this new version of kimera. When I change the position of a bone and select other one the same numerical position is kept.  :? Have I explained it well?

Obesebear then, is it possible to change a model of battle to field?
Might you tell me how you have done it? please :roll:
« Last Edit: 2009-08-03 21:16:09 by AlbusJC »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009-08-03 22:38:42 »
Sure Aali, in fact I was thinking about asking you for help. I sent you the files. Thanks a lot for your time.
By the way, I should add I tried copying the unkown values of a working file and still crashed. Changed the hundreds chunk, same. Converted it to 3Ds through Biturn and then back to P through PCreator and even then it still crashed.

obesebear, the missing fragments are black and that's why they aren't painted. If the 0 as trasparent falg is set to zero Kimera has a bug. the game shouldn't have a problem with that though. I'll take a closer look later.

So you say the reposition fields aren't updated correctly  AlbusJC? Mmmm... I'll take a look. And changing a battle model to a field model is basically a manual job :-P You must replace the original field parts by those of the battle model. Keep in mind you should shrink them a lot. I think It had to be like 20% of the original or something like that.

Great Sephiroth, what's exactly what you're doing with Kimera?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-03 22:43:30 by Borde »

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2009-08-03 23:57:34 »
Those files are both pretty odd, seeing as they have 79 and 80 vertices respectively, neither of which adds up to an even number of triangles. :-P

FF7 is crashing because it can't find the normal for one of the vertices, and even though I can't really determine *why* this happens, I would suggest cleaning the .p file, removing unused vertices and the like.

Oh, and, do you have an option for linear filtering or is it always off?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2009-08-04 01:35:55 »
-FACEPALM-
Thanks a lot Aali, this clears up a lot of things. Unused vertices were removed since version 6 (it became obvious they had to be removed very soon). But it looks like when I rewrote the whole program I made a terrible mistake on the unsued vertices check code: the last vertex of every group was never tested. And this explains why people has being complaining about crashes and asking for Kimera07. Sure that was a long running bug...

The linear filter for textures should be allways turned on, by the way. Are you getting unfiltered textures?

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2009-08-04 01:43:45 »
Well, your hundred chunk doesn't turn on linear filtering and I'm not sure what kind of assumptions you can make about the renderstate before the model is rendered.
Maybe it's already on for the models that matter here, but then you might want the option of turning it off.

And while we're at it, will you be adding options for culling? :-)

:EDIT:

While we're talking like this, why is the blendmode set to 4?
Sure, blending isn't enabled so it doesn't matter, but still, that's technically not a valid blend mode in FF7. :-P
« Last Edit: 2009-08-04 01:54:57 by Aali »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2009-08-04 01:57:37 »
Oh, the hunderts chunk... I really don't have the slightest clue what's written there except for the opacity value :-P
Has it been decoded already? I'd be very glad to know what's stored there.

As for the culling, you mean back face culling? I decided to leave it allways turned on since no one asked for a switch. Of course it would be very easy to add a check box to switch it off if someone needs it.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2009-08-04 02:24:19 »
Well, I don't know everything, but here's what I've got so far;

Code: [Select]
struct p_hundred
{
uint field_0;
uint field_4;
uint field_8;
uint field_C;
uint field_10;
struct texture_set *texture_set;
uint field_18;
uint field_1C;
uint field_20;
uint shademode;
uint lightstate_ambient;
uint field_2C;
void *lightstate_material_pointer;
uint srcblend;
uint destblend;
uint field_3C;
uint alpharef;
uint blend_mode;
uint zsort;
uint field_4C;
uint field_50;
uint field_54;
uint field_58;
uint vertex_alpha;
uint field_60;
};

Almost everything here is more or less irrelevant except blend_mode, which can have the following values:

0 - Average, source color / 2 + destination color / 2.
1 - Additive, source color + destination color.
2 - Subtractive, broken and unused but it should be destination color - source color.
3 - Not sure, but it seems broken and is never used.
4 - No blending (FF8 only)

field_8 and field_C are both bitfields with the following values;

Code: [Select]
enum effects
{
V_WIREFRAME, // 0x1
V_TEXTURE, // 0x2
V_LINEARFILTER, // 0x4
V_PERSPECTIVE, // 0x8
V_TMAPBLEND, // 0x10
V_WRAP_U, // 0x20
V_WRAP_V, // 0x40
V_UNKNOWN80, // 0x80
V_COLORKEY, // 0x100
V_DITHER, // 0x200
V_ALPHABLEND, // 0x400
V_ALPHATEST, // 0x800
V_ANTIALIAS, // 0x1000
V_CULLFACE, // 0x2000
V_NOCULL, // 0x4000
V_DEPTHTEST, // 0x8000
V_DEPTHMASK, // 0x10000
V_SHADEMODE, // 0x20000
V_SPECULAR, // 0x40000
V_LIGHTSTATE, // 0x80000
V_FOG, // 0x100000
V_TEXADDR, // 0x200000
};

Every bit set in field_C changes one part of the renderstate and the same bit in field_8 picks one of two possible options.
The custom driver only implements V_WIREFRAME, V_TEXTURE, V_LINEARFILTER, V_NOCULL, V_CULLFACE, V_DEPTHTEST, V_DEPTHMASK, V_ALPHABLEND and V_SHADEMODE so just forget about everything else, you wont need it.

The rest of the structure is either runtime data, filled in by querying the driver about the blend mode or just never used.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2009-08-04 15:09:35 »
I'm getting an error saying that "MSTDFMT.DLL" is missing or not registered.
I have it in the same folder as Kimera, and in system & system32 folders but
it won't work. Is there any way to solve this and run the program?

Nevermind, already solved thanks to another topic made by someone. lol
« Last Edit: 2009-08-04 15:14:05 by Henkäys Ikuisuudesta »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009-08-05 00:18:03 »
Thanks a lot Aali, I'll add some options to handle this information on the next version.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2009-08-05 00:44:16 »
any chance of putting a button in to show a floor  as well just for lineing things up

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2009-08-05 05:03:02 »
Kimera .9 insists on giving me an 'error 9' whenever I try to save a model with a custom part added to a bone.  However, .84b has no problem saving the model, but of course I can't view the 24bit bmp correctly.

.9 Also immediately dings at me as soon as I open the program, almost as if something is wrong from the get-go...

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009-08-05 12:24:55 »
Great Sephiroth, what's exactly what you're doing with Kimera?

i have verified the models if i have renamed them well and after i save the model as siaa to make my mod work

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009-08-05 20:38:20 »
another thing on the wishlist, along with being able to import .3ds files, is to also export them

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2009-08-05 21:17:28 »
Another thing that will be good is to add a option for adding/making some animation, if there is something like that i will be able to add the dead/low hp animation to the normal sephiroth because the animation #1 is low hp stance, all i want to do is copy the animation #0(standing position) to number 1

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2009-08-06 10:44:44 »
one final request from me i know i keep asking and its probley getting annoying but would it be possible for a button to add bones to the model

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2009-08-06 11:20:02 »
I've uploaded a bug-fix version. It should solve most of the problems exposed on this thread. I haven't been able to reproduce some of the problems stated by obesebear, I'm not getting that error saving models with new parts attached. Could you decribe better what you did? If possible, send me the files you used. Also I'm not having any problem with the transaprent color. Again, If posible provide files.

As for the features request:
-Show floor: Sure, I'll add it as soon as I can.
-Adding Animations: Well, ok, shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if the game will like that change, though.
-Export 3Ds: It shouldn't be too different from importing, but it's by no means a priority.
-Adding bones: I've got a feeling adding/removing bones would lead to serious problems. First of all it could be somewhat problematic interface-wise, but aso keep in mind it would mean changing a lot of animations. I'll take a look, but don't expect too much.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2009-08-06 14:28:40 »
PM sent

As soon as I open any battle model I immediately get the default sound my computer makes when there's an error.  Field models don't do this, and I can also save them.

Perhaps it is something to do with one of those files I had to install into windows/system??

EDIT
Well I got it to quit beeping on every battle model, but it still won't save 
« Last Edit: 2009-08-06 16:42:25 by obesebear »

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2009-08-06 23:42:04 »
My question is a bit off topic but I want to get the attention of Borde so I post here. Borde I wonder if you still have the model of the gold saucer employer. If yes can you upload them up here, Im trying to collect all the NPC reconstruction models. Thanks