Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007921 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Looks like we are getting somewhere.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Crashed again. This time at the Twin Head boss. I'm not sure how relevant this report will be with R06b on the horizon, but I'll post it just in case.

1. An explanation of bug: I randomly crashed right in the middle of the boss battle with Twin Head. During the battle the music had cut out, probably after I had used Comet or Magic Breath. A short while later the whole game crashed.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?: When I fought Twin Head again, the game did not crash.
3. App.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I2UygJul-sM8PwuKIlYfiXF5YAn360MM/view?usp=sharing
4. Reunion.log: https://pastebin.com/JsgHFMrh
5. Your save file from just before the crash or hang (slot 1): https://www.sendspace.com/file/oj4usu
6. Your CPU spec: Ryzen 5 3600
7. Your graphic card spec: GTX 1660 Ti
8. Your operating system: Windows 10 Pro

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
These random crashes are def gonna need the new debugger.

kenC

• View Profile
Wanted to report 2 weird field model quirks I ran into. Not system breaking, but worth noting for the sake of completion.

The first was with Aeris's child model in the flashback scene in her house in the slums. I don't have a picture of it saved (unfortunately), but the model was nearly Elmyra's height and looked terribly out of place.

The second I DID capture below, in a picture. The extra Cloud model just sits there while Cloud recounts talking to his mom, in Niblheim.

Didn't see either concern mentioned in the database, so I thought I would bring it up. As these are field model concerns and NOT crashes or hangs, I decided not to add all the usual error-related things, but let me know if you would like me to.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Didn't see either concern mentioned in the database,

27-Nov-2019   urgdfriend   New Translation   Two Cloud models are present in Cloud's house at Niblheim during a flashback.   Fixed in R06b

It's right at the top.

I will investigate the other issue as another noted it but then someone else said it wasn't there.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-11 15:49:29 by DLPB »

kenC

• View Profile
Of course it is - I looked at the Field Models tab and completely missed it. Thanks DLPB.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@ken  - the Aerith issue is resolved.  I forgot to add the model.

kenC

• View Profile
@ken  - the Aerith issue is resolved.  I forgot to add the model.
Thank you, man.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Two things to report.

1. When you gain control of Cait Sith during the section where you're captured at Junon, his model will disappear outside of the 2nd Passageway or Press Room areas.

2. When you go to the outside area and enter the screen with the descending platform with Rufus' name on it, the game will hang once it finishes descending and you cannot continue playing.

I turned off Model Overhaul to see if it would fix the issue, but it did not.

Here's my files:

app.log: https://pastebin.com/ZNQtTwnd
reunion.log: https://pastebin.com/gp8M1Cud
save file (slot 1): https://www.sendspace.com/file/tyq5qi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti

Didn't think I would be reporting so many bugs, but I suppose playing the game from start to finish would make you notice more things.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Mabinog  Thanks.  I forgot to note the Cait one - I'm sure someone reported it a while back.

I'll investigate the other tomorrow too.

Disabling New Translation should fix it while you pass the area.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hotfix 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_erRDZlb7BmEpOvwp9dUdGthqJLH2uC1/view?usp=sharing

This should fix the following compared to default files:

25-Nov-2016   DLPB   Tweak: Default Run   Player must run in order to escape Aerith's home.   "Default run has been
removed as of R06b"

11.dec.2019   Mabinog   "60FPS Battles
Disable Boss Screen Flash option"   "When Hundred Gunner is defeated, the game can crash.
Death Flash issue is again the culprit.  Conflicting code from 60fps battles."   Fixed in R06b

08.Dec.2019   Mabinog   Core   When Odin attacks an enemy with protection against Death, Zantetsuken will still occur, causing the game to hang or crash.    Fixed in R06b

24-Nov-2019   "Ahkana
bearoso"   Core (ffmpeg_movies.dll)   pcm audio (like the one used in the original 1998 videos) is not being decoded properly, so there's no sound with those videos.   "Fixed in R06b
by TrueOdin"

24-Nov-2019   kalathi   New Translation   Escape magic will cause a game over.   Fixed in R06b

24-Nov-2019   DLPB   Core (Aali.dll)   crash.dmp is failing to generate, and the crash handler itself is failing to function.   "Fixed in R06b
New improved version also added by True Odin"

22-Nov-2019   urgdfriend   Core   Soft reset leads to a black screen for some people and Start-Select needs to be pressed to recover.   Fixed in R06b

21-Nov-2019   Mabinog   Core   Registry keys are not being read correctly in 64 bit versions of Windows - meaning Steam installs are not being detected.   Fixed in R06b

21-Nov-2019   "kalathi
Sega Chief"   Audio Replacement   Music and SFX fade function is broken - music/SFX volume and fading can be incorrect.   Fixed in R06b

This means you can now upload crash.dmp along with the usual if a crash occurs. A field hang is not a crash. You'll get a message box when it's a hard crash - or the window will vanish entirely

ddraw.dll and Aali.dll go in root folder
the other goes in The_Reunion\Program_Files
« Last Edit: 2019-12-12 19:44:55 by DLPB »

Salk

• View Profile
Hello DLPB!

I was reading through the R06's ReadMe file and I noticed that the line: "Menu Enhancement updates all the menus to look neater. This mod is not optional." is under the "Audio Replacement" section.

I thought of mentioning it, even if it is a very minor thing.

Godspeed!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You're welcome :)  I'll sort it.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Disabling the new translation does not seem to fix the two issues I found last night. I've also discovered that  examining the door in the Press Room causes the game to hang.

And this was all after I applied the new hotfix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
that's very strange.  Since that's a script issue...  unless it exists in original game.  have you tried to test withour reunion installed at all (set to disable in ini)

Mabinog

• View Profile
I disabled the Reunion and the same bugs still occur. Very odd. I'm hoping my save file isn't corrupt, but that's probably unlikely.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It may be an issue with original game - the cait one isn't.

I'll check later.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@mabinog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5pxLDH6pfQ  5:27  You can see it's because Cait is not meant to be controlled there.  I didn't set full priority code.  Fixed.

Your second issue is caused by the first...  namely there was no Cait to talk to in order to make game moment =1015 - so it stayed as 1010.

Please use this ddraw.dll - and then use Ochu to set Game Progress to 1015 - then you can exit properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u465bfMLtoZnd4HLY_0VumQMoaAnz2ks/view?usp=sharing

Note to others - use this ddraw.dll or suffer your father's fate you will.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-13 01:49:33 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You see, I wasn't joking when I said this wasn't ready for a release :P  But...  I guess it never would have been had I waited.

Mabinog

• View Profile
I should clarify that in my save file I had yet to trigger the cutscene with Heidegger warning Rufus of the arrival of Sapphire Weapon. Because I was controlling Cait Sith instead of Barrett, I couldn't examine the gas chamber door to progress the plot. The new ddraw.dll allowed me to do just that and keep going. Adjusting the Game Progress with Ochu wasn't needed.

I can still trigger the disappearing model bug and the Rufus platform hang before examining the door, but I can progress in the game as normal now. And after the scenes where Shin-Ra attacks Sapphire Weapon, the game proceeds as originally intended.

I've noticed that skipping the FMV of the Mako Cannon being prepped will cause the game to hang, but letting it play out won't cause problems.

Thanks for the fix.

EDIT: I just found out that the game soft locks at the Scarlet slap mini-game. Whether you win or lose, Scarlet will continue her slapping animation indefinitely. Disabling the new translation fixes it.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-13 04:20:29 by Mabinog »

e2zippo

• View Profile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ij_qS6q-xwY2FDdeKvRWaa7IH8OBH_7W/view?usp=sharing

If using ReShade, you should get it looking like this.

That's looks good! Would you care to share the reshade preset?

Nice job on the hotfixes btw!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-12-13 07:50:32 by e2zippo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Sorry everyone that this is in such a sorry state.  We'll get there.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Thanks!

No worries.  I am not sure the preset works universally.  You have to remember it's going to be affected by monitor type and resolution.

But here's mine:

Effects=CRT.fx
Techniques=AdvancedCRT
TechniqueSorting=AdvancedCRT

[CRT.fx]
Amount=1.000000
ScanlineGaussian=4294967295
Resolution=2.952000
Gamma=2.150000
Brightness=1.714000
Curvature=0
MonitorGamma=2.150000
ScanlineIntensity=2
CurvatureRadius=0.000000
CornerSize=0.001000
ViewerDistance=0.000000
Angle=0.000000,0.000000
Overscan=1.000000
Oversample=4294967295

the_randomizer85

• View Profile

Thanks!

Reshade no longer crashes the Steam version of FFVII? Last time I used it, I got stuck in an infinite loop and the game never loaded when used with this mod.

The link on Steam is out of date or something, if someone has an updated link for Reshade, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Also with the bug fixes, do I need to somehow update the current Reunion installation?