Author Topic: Bootleg has been featured in an article  (Read 5392 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Bootleg has been featured in an article
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-17 01:25:45 »
A second heads up here (thanks to my friend Alex Kazai for the link).

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-17 03:41:46 »
Kinda OT, but so is Bootleg the new AIO mod for FF7? There used to be this huge collection that was like 2.5.7 or something...

Thinking I might do a playthrough again soon and as I've gotten older, I feel myself having less time to spend 3-4 hours configuring and downloading mods by piece.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-17 09:52:05 »
I'm waiting for all new re-translation fixes and some Mayo Master and Avalanche team graphical updates to be released before making mine.

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-18 04:35:13 »
I'm waiting for all new re-translation fixes and some Mayo Master and Avalanche team graphical updates to be released before making mine.

I see, any ETA on that?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-05-18 13:47:49 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 17:05:22 by dkma841 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2014-05-20 13:44:18 »
That bootleg is old now so many new mods and fixes and more epicness released hope Pitbrat will come back soon with the new Bootleg :)

I spoke with PB last week. We're still working on a new Bootleg update, but it'll be awhile. Good things come for those who are patient  :)

http://kotaku.com/5910318/you-want-your-final-fantasy-vii-hd-remaster-well-here-it-is

Good job guys :).

We were featured twice on Kotaku, once in 2012 for the Square Enix Store re-release and a second time in 2013 for the Steam re-release.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2014-05-20 13:58:30 »
That's good news though I believe it's still early for a new Bootleg release. There are so many mod upgrades to be supported before then. Maybe when everything's ready! :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-05-20 15:30:52 »
If they bind in 7th Heaven, which I guess they will, then it shouldn't be a problem to keep the mods updated in the new Bootleg . The most important thing is to  make the maintenance of it as easy as possible.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #9 on: 2014-05-20 16:09:46 »
Are you talking about an online update service? hmmm that would be really neat! Personally I'm not using the new Aali's driver though since it's not supporting some features like mp3 files and I'm using the remix tracks. Also I'm afraid of the new driver not supporting my modified textures for the models, like modified sword parts from Millenia and modified character parts.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-05-20 18:08:42 »
The old external texture method is kicked out, but most models don't use this anyway. The textures for models can be converted to tex files so there was no need for them to use the old method. From this side I think you are safe to use the new driver. Ogg is better as Mp3, because of the seamless loops. It is actually pretty easy to create a ogg out of a Mp3, however making it perfect loopable needs a bit more time but it's not that difficult either.
Sometimes it is necessary to kick out features to prevent users to use these outdated method. Men are lazy when it comes to stuff like this. They often acting extra stupid and try to find explanations why the old way to do things is better as the new one. That's why some moders refuse to use 7th Heaven, because they think they have to learn many new things. But in fact it is easier to use as lgp tools and if you digging more into the functions of the program you are very pleased with its extra abilities.

Are you talking about an online update service?
Not that entirely. It's more the ability that I can update and maintain the mod directly without the need that I have to wait that someone is create a new bootleg version with my changes. It means faster feedback for me and lesser stress for PitBrat, Vgr and  EQ2Alyza. But it would be nice if the new Bootleg has a download helper, so we download only mods which we want to use (and not a 30GB big torrent only to be on the safe side).

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 2014-05-20 19:15:28 »
But it would be nice if the new Bootleg has a download helper, so we download only mods which we want to use (and not a 30GB big torrent only to be on the safe side).

There is a download helper in Bootleg. It's the button called Mod Listing and specifically shows what mods to download based on your mod selections. The list doesn't live update in any way, so broken links, mod updates, or new mods can't be updated until a new Bootleg release. I archived all the mods to download individually in STEP 8 to counteract any broken links or mod updates that would be capability with 040. It's the best I can do for live updates until a new Bootleg is released.

I really like 7th Heaven's catalog feature, particularly its live updating.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-05-20 22:48:19 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 17:05:06 by dkma841 »