Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837456 times)

chewitt12

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7975 on: 2019-06-03 21:26:29 »

Yeah it is. I'll be updating the documents properly with the final update, will try and do a sweep of the current documents when I get back.

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: 2019-06-03 23:22:35 »
Sega Chief, Oi, is there any way we can edit the number in the ranks to match how many times Cloud has Ranked up? I mean because last upgrade i did for cloud he was still rank one and I've upgraded him twice so far so I'd like to set his rank to 2 instead :/ some way I can fix it myself?

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: 2019-06-04 02:09:27 »
Starlight Phone DID drop from Master Tonberry like you said ty.
I've already done the dark cave quest, I wonder, is it one of those items that you DO actually possess but is just invisible in the inventory?
Finally I tried tried for the spring gun clip by stealing from the behemoth several times, killed it loads, and as previously stated morphing didn't work,the only thing that dropped for me was the behemoth horn on occasions, is it like a super rare drop or something?

I just tested it, I stole Spring Gun Clip from King Behemoth in the Northern Crater. I don't know if this mod still has multiple items to steal but I always steal with a sneak glove (gotten from wall market, the NPC that sells the battery) if that makes a difference. I'm not sure why morphing him doesn't work for you but you get a behemoth horn from morphing. Are you on the latest version?
I'm pretty positive you acquire Micro Engine from Dark Cave. You get it from the boss in the sewers where you find cid. The boss is a vehicle sprite even. I've never checked if it appears in my inventory though and I already made the premium heart.

Sega Chief, Oi, is there any way we can edit the number in the ranks to match how many times Cloud has Ranked up? I mean because last upgrade i did for cloud he was still rank one and I've upgraded him twice so far so I'd like to set his rank to 2 instead :/ some way I can fix it myself?

If you have an issue with Cloud not ranking up then you have to update your mod. Sega Chief left it for debugging purposes and forgot to remove it I believe.
What I did when that happened to me was calculate how much time I've rank up using black chocobo save editor, since it tells you how much sources you used. Each rank is +50 stat IIRC.
Then when you're feeding the sources you can exit out of the menu and you have the choice not to use them. So on your 8/8th rank up, you can just toss the sources out instead of using them, you'll still rank up.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-04 02:18:51 by kamekaz3 »

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: 2019-06-04 02:18:40 »
I've got the latest release of the mod (IRO format) I'm asking because between the first time i ranked up cloud and the second i changed from a previous iro to the latest one and so far I haven't ranked up to check if he ranks up properly or not, I just know when I ranked him up a second time the game told me he's 1/8 instead of 2/8

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: 2019-06-04 02:20:32 »
I've got the latest release of the mod (IRO format) I'm asking because between the first time i ranked up cloud and the second i changed from a previous iro to the latest one and so far I haven't ranked up to check if he ranks up properly or not, I just know when I ranked him up a second time the game told me he's 1/8 instead of 2/8

Yeah it should be ranking up normally then. Just toss the sources out on your final rank up since you only got one extra rank up.

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #7980 on: 2019-06-04 09:05:46 »
I'm having an issue where the dialog boxes for Sephiroth in Shinra Mansion are not showing up when Cloud finds him in the basement.  It appears to be an incompatibility with the Reunion - Menu Overhaul and Beacause that comes prepackaged with 7H.  If I turn "Because" on, I don't get the issue, but then I don't get the dialog from NT either.  I like your dialog better than Beacause.

I feel like it's because in Reunion, using Menu Overhaul by itself is supposed to use the FF7_mo.exe, and the FF7_bc.exe is causing the issue when Beacause is off.  Could you include an FF7_mo.exe to be compatible with NT and MO?

Regards,
Nate

chewitt12

• View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: 2019-06-04 09:59:42 »
I just tested it, I stole Spring Gun Clip from King Behemoth in the Northern Crater. I don't know if this mod still has multiple items to steal but I always steal with a sneak glove (gotten from wall market, the NPC that sells the battery) if that makes a difference. I'm not sure why morphing him doesn't work for you but you get a behemoth horn from morphing. Are you on the latest version?
I'm pretty positive you acquire Micro Engine from Dark Cave. You get it from the boss in the sewers where you find cid. The boss is a vehicle sprite even. I've never checked if it appears in my inventory though and I already made the premium heart.

Yeah I tried again, I tried several times to steal that didn't work, killing it rarely rewards me with Behemoth Horn, and I tried morphing once more and that didn't work either. I believe I am on version 1.5, I tried the trick by starting a new game suggested by Sega Chief, which did in fact confirm I am on version 1.5, so I'm quite puzzled.

Edit: I don't exactly want to but I'm wondering whether I should just spawn one in, I mean I have done all the stuff you've listed, maybe a bug or something idk.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-04 11:37:11 by chewitt12 »

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: 2019-06-04 16:34:16 »
When you go for Multicut

Spoiler: show
in Ancients Forrest  equip all Characters with Headband (Sleep Protect) you can buy it in Gongaga. After you open the chest where you find Multicut a Bossfight starts and the boss put all character of you into sleep. I died in few seconds, first time.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: 2019-06-05 05:06:09 »
+15 on 3 stats so I'm assuming that means I've ranked up 3 times,   still says I'm 1/8,   I did download the latest IRO for 7th Heaven so no idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: 2019-06-05 12:23:53 »
I'm having an issue where the dialog boxes for Sephiroth in Shinra Mansion are not showing up when Cloud finds him in the basement.  It appears to be an incompatibility with the Reunion - Menu Overhaul and Beacause that comes prepackaged with 7H.  If I turn "Because" on, I don't get the issue, but then I don't get the dialog from NT either.  I like your dialog better than Beacause.

I feel like it's because in Reunion, using Menu Overhaul by itself is supposed to use the FF7_mo.exe, and the FF7_bc.exe is causing the issue when Beacause is off.  Could you include an FF7_mo.exe to be compatible with NT and MO?

Regards,
Nate

Yeah I'll throw the ff7_mo.exe into the hextedit + add a file to the IRO hext for it.

Yeah I tried again, I tried several times to steal that didn't work, killing it rarely rewards me with Behemoth Horn, and I tried morphing once more and that didn't work either. I believe I am on version 1.5, I tried the trick by starting a new game suggested by Sega Chief, which did in fact confirm I am on version 1.5, so I'm quite puzzled.

Edit: I don't exactly want to but I'm wondering whether I should just spawn one in, I mean I have done all the stuff you've listed, maybe a bug or something idk.

For stealing, I think a Sneak Glove is required for the crater. I'm going to make a quick listing today of where to find all current stuff and put it into a notepad to temporarily replace the documentation.

+15 on 3 stats so I'm assuming that means I've ranked up 3 times,   still says I'm 1/8,   I did download the latest IRO for 7th Heaven so no idea what I'm doing wrong?

+15 may mean you picked that stat to be buffed. Best way to check is to look at the lowest stats as those will always increment by +5. If still not sure, I can look at your save file for you and make sure it's correct.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: 2019-06-05 17:53:45 »
I put this together for enemy skill, ultimate weapon drops, etc:
https://pastebin.com/SiJkKDVa

Should be accurate, let me know if anything is incorrect or missing.

Edit: Also, thanks to D.M. for the donation.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-05 17:55:38 by Sega Chief »

Eresus

• View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: 2019-06-05 19:47:00 »
I put this together for enemy skill, ultimate weapon drops, etc:
https://pastebin.com/SiJkKDVa

Should be accurate, let me know if anything is incorrect or missing.

Edit: Also, thanks to D.M. for the donation.

In regards to the enemy skills:

Dragon Force is Time Flare in NT 1.5 as far as I know, and can be acquired from the Gaea Dragon in adition to the Crater Dragon.

Magic Hammer is Vital Hammer in NT 1.5.

Cheers.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #7987 on: 2019-06-05 21:17:52 »
We were around the islands today; ischia and then procida. Lot more peaceful than the city itself, but when we got back we hit up some street bars and the like. Think we're going to pompei tomorrow but there's apparently going to be a thunderstorm, so should be interesting. Think we're trying the square on Tuesday.

If Excal II comes in, then it'd have to replace another sword Cloud has. There is a modding framework called sister ray that can extend the number of weapon/armour slots (and many other things) but that's not released yet. So that could be a feature specific to that. Or I could do some juggling with 7th Heaven to get it in there.
[OT]Hope you enjoyed overall Napoli experience.[/OT]

Interesting the sister ray, is there a topic about it?

Also pardon me if already being discussed and not workable (I was unluckily trying with search function), just wondering:

Is there any chance for a New Game+ ? Or is this some rocket science for the FFVII engine?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: 2019-06-05 21:34:24 »
In regards to the enemy skills:

Dragon Force is Time Flare in NT 1.5 as far as I know, and can be acquired from the Gaea Dragon in adition to the Crater Dragon.

Magic Hammer is Vital Hammer in NT 1.5.

Cheers.

I think in the latest files, Time Flare was reverted to Dragon Force. I got Magic Hammer's name wrong but location and acquisition method should be same as vanilla.

[OT]Hope you enjoyed overall Napoli experience.[/OT]

Interesting the sister ray, is there a topic about it?

Also pardon me if already being discussed and not workable (I was unluckily trying with search function), just wondering:

Is there any chance for a New Game+ ? Or is this some rocket science for the FFVII engine?

Yeah, it was good; we went on the 'walk of the gods' from Bomero to Nocello on one of the islands, visited Pompeii, and checked out the square you mentioned. We didn't see the veiled statue but went to some of the art museums in Naples and visited that cemetery cave with the skulls inside.

Sister Ray has a channel on the Qhimm Discord; it's a full reverse-engineering of the game and has a lot of progress in it already.

As for NG+, it should be possible but I think it'd be better to make that a feature specific to Reunion and Sister Ray version cause the savemap will be modifiable for a proper NG+.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: 2019-06-05 21:53:09 »
My main stat is +45 so I've definitely ranked up 3 times,   any way to fix it?   It's said 1/8 every time,    everyone elses rank ups are normal.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: 2019-06-06 02:55:08 »
Sup, just figured I’d drop in and see if the PS version of this mod is still possible/still happening.

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: 2019-06-06 03:31:41 »
Yeah I'll throw the ff7_mo.exe into the hextedit + add a file to the IRO hext for it.

Thank you very much.

Dongs McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: 2019-06-06 04:21:37 »
Hi OP, I've tried playing this mod a couple times now and it's really just not my thing.  I'm using the Steam version and I'm having a huge amount of trouble uninstalling it.  I've tried removing the game and reinstalling, I've tried verifying the files, etc.  But for some reason, the changes to the equipment and materia persist.

Could you please describe the method of uninstalling this mod completely so I can play the vanilla game again?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7993 on: 2019-06-06 08:04:51 »
Are you starting a new game?

Lunatic High

• Some people you meet, others you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: 2019-06-06 09:51:18 »
Could you please describe the method of uninstalling this mod completely so I can play the vanilla game again?
You should just be able to uninstall it through Steam, then go to steamapps/common/Final Fantasy VII and delete whatever files were leftover, and reinstall through Steam.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: 2019-06-06 13:01:46 »
My main stat is +45 so I've definitely ranked up 3 times,   any way to fix it?   It's said 1/8 every time,    everyone elses rank ups are normal.

And that's definitely with the latest files?

Sup, just figured I’d drop in and see if the PS version of this mod is still possible/still happening.

Yeah I'll try and put it together after final patch is out.

Hi OP, I've tried playing this mod a couple times now and it's really just not my thing.  I'm using the Steam version and I'm having a huge amount of trouble uninstalling it.  I've tried removing the game and reinstalling, I've tried verifying the files, etc.  But for some reason, the changes to the equipment and materia persist.

There's no special uninstall method, verifying the files should have done it or deleting the FF7 folder. Uninstalling and then reinstalling would also do it. Have you somehow set Steam up to restore the files from a backup rather than actual default ones?

I have this default restore installer here but I think it was made for 1998 PC users rather than steam so don't know if it covers Steam files or not. Might be worth a try, but you should look around in Steam settings to see if there's anything been set that might cause this to happen: https://mega.nz/#!i50xQRaZ!_tqb7dQiZgyH0TMOC5cjK-DTRe98aVfU8vO4T2AEs7w

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: 2019-06-06 18:07:52 »
I updated the IRO to include an FF7_MO.exe hext file.

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: 2019-06-06 22:19:44 »
I tried out NT 1.5, it's a good mod though the difficulty is a bit higher than I'm used to and even simple enemy farming seems a chore now simply because even the lowest scrubs seem to hit a lot harder so it becomes less feasible to draw out battles to steal and morph and such.

I do like the translation a lot, it makes many things clearer, and the extra scenes are nice as well. So are little tidbits like Barret smacking Cloud after the materia tutorial and walking out. That was hilarious, dunno if that was an official cut moment or something you added yourself, but either way it's gold.

I'll echo a previous poster in saying that it would be nice to have a version of NT that uses the original gameplay but with NT's translation and extra scenes. I prefer yours to the one from the Reunion mod and enjoy the vanilla gameplay experience so to have them both would be great.

I've tried uninstalling NT, and even after uninstalling FF7 and reinstalling it (and clearing out the FF7 folder completely in the process, I use the steam version converted to 1998), the changes to materia and limit breaks seem to persist. Yuffie's Landscaper, for instance, still inflicts gradual petrification, which I assume came from NT because I don't recall that being in the original. And the stat modifications from many materia still don't match what they should be in vanilla even though in kernel.bin the values are set to their defaults and not what NT changed them to.

I checked it myself in both the WallMarket editor and Black Chocobo. For example, Cover has the bonuses and penalties from NT still whereas in vanilla it's only supposed to have Vitality +1. NT is the only gameplay mod I've ever installed, the rest is just graphics and sound basically. What could be overriding the kernel.bin in FF7's data folder? Or is there another file that affects materia and limit break functions as well? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-06-06 22:47:16 by Jairus »

mkidd

• View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: 2019-06-06 22:50:55 »
I found the area for the "Abyss" boss in northern crater, there is no shadow figure to prompt the fight. Am I doing something wrong?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7999 on: 2019-06-07 06:23:15 »
I updated the IRO to include an FF7_MO.exe hext file.

Does it have the fixes to the stats the same as ff7_bc?