Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4896012 times)

ManInBlack

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5525 on: 2017-06-28 06:36:01 »
Hey there, I've been interested in playing this mod and triply interested after watching dozens of hours of 4-8Productions on Youtube playing it. I'm getting started now and the reason I'm posting is because I thought I saw a mention somewhere that there was a list of what mods are compatible with New Threat; I don't want to install a graphical update that conflicts with the custom sprites in this mod or something of that nature. I looked through the readme and I couldn't find anything like that, so I figured it was best to ask on here.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: 2017-06-28 08:07:22 »
Hey there, I've been interested in playing this mod and triply interested after watching dozens of hours of 4-8Productions on Youtube playing it. I'm getting started now and the reason I'm posting is because I thought I saw a mention somewhere that there was a list of what mods are compatible with New Threat; I don't want to install a graphical update that conflicts with the custom sprites in this mod or something of that nature. I looked through the readme and I couldn't find anything like that, so I figured it was best to ask on here.

I posted this earlier, but I'll post it again:

If you are using 7th Heaven v1.54's Gameplay - Difficulty and Story New Threat selection (which is the current one as of today)
Spoiler: show
Here's the list of mods that I use while playing: (and the order they should be in on 7th Heaven)

Team Avalanche Fields
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Battle Textures
Field Textures - satsuki
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story |The current version of this mod doesn't seem to have the latest New Threat as while playing through I noticed it didn't have the ability to reset Tifa's Lvl 4 Limit Break
                                                  Quest like the latest Iro for New Threat. I think you'd put the New Threat Iro here as well, but it also prevents other mods from working so I might be wrong. Either
                                                  deal with the older New Threat, figure out where the New Threat Iro goes, or wait till it updates. Though EQ2Alyza would know better than me since I've had to get
                                                  help over 7th heaven not working cause of super simple problems and my own ineptitude.
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul (don't use Beacaus, I don't think it's compatible and will over write some stuff)
World Models - Characters
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures

If any of the other info is wrong lemme know and I'll fix it, but this is what I play with, and I think thats all the mods on the Catalog that are compatible. There might be a few I missed, but I'm pretty sure these are all of them. Stuff like Field Textures are interchangeable while others like Dynamic Cloud Weapons won't work cause Cloud has a custom model from New Threat and that interferes with the needed model in Dynamic Cloud WeaponsI actually remember why I don't use the mods that change character field models. It's because the custom models that are default in the mod don't get changed by stuff like PRP so they still have the Chibi look. Running around and seeing polygonal chibi's while you look like a semi normal person really pulls you out of the immersion.

It just looks wrong.
 Course I haven't tested this out in a while. So I might be wrong, but this list of mods is a good starting point me thinks. Again, if any of this is wrong and I'm completely ruining everything lemme know and I'll fix it.

If you downloaded the latest IRO (which is FF7 NT Iro 14th April 2017 as of today)
If you want to use the latest version of New Threat, then you'll have to download the IRO for it. I have a list of mods that go with it with minimal problems. The only problem I've had so far is some graphical errors with Clouds face and Tifa's arm cause of the Minigames Collection. I like to refur to them as Quasicloudo and Half Rayperson Tifa:

Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
Battle Models - Weapons
Battle Textures
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Field Textures - (your choice)
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection (Causes graphical problems with Cloud and Tifa)
Spell Textures
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures
FF7 NT IRO 25th February 2017

Once 7th Heaven updates to 1.5 however, this'll be outdated.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: 2017-06-28 21:53:12 »
I think I saw that, but since it wasn't from Sega Chief I think I took it as a "maybe, but may also break later". I've gone ahead and done that same list though, so thank you.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: 2017-06-28 22:29:19 »
Nah it won't break. The most that'll happen are the graphical errors I mentioned if your are using the IRO. Other than that everything works fine :)

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: 2017-06-29 12:59:16 »
Hey Sega just finished the complete play through (all sidequests and story) and gotta say I loved every minute it was really enjoyable and addicting.

Loves:
- Loved the new roll out of materia and weapons, things seemed to come at a good time with good ramp up
- Loved the side quests (please do not remove the dark cave!)
- Loved the new materia so much!!
- Loved  the fact that there is only one master materia of each type, even though I have never played this way it made for an excellent challenge (mime was very useful)
- Loved the weapon crafting!!
- Loved the rank up system!

Hates:
- Would have liked to be able to scan more enemies
- Sometimes characters talk when they are not present during certain cut scenes
- Some enemies were too easy (ruby was too easy, emerald was spot on, ultima was too easy perhaps the final battle should give more hp and more interesting moves,all final boss fights in the final descent were far too easy, a few others on request)
- Sorry I didn't like the low HP limit... I felt like once I hit that limit I was not growing as much and I didnt get the same sense I always had at the end of the game of being almighty. If anything I would have preferred to be more than 9999 but have attacks inflict more damage, even if it linearly scales with hp. It gives more immersion and more of a satisfying feeling

Bugs
- I have already mentioned a few (which is fine I still fully appreciate the work that went into this!)
- When I did the final descent (after completing the dark cave which I think has something to do with it) I always got the cutscenes from disc 1 (in order) while I was able to control cloud. For example at the first screen where you jump from island to island I had the lookout to the shinra hq and zoom in to sector 1, while cloud was overlaid on the cutscene and I was able to move around.

What an awesome mod! I really enjoyed myself playing it! I really can't wait until the harder difficulty is out so i can play it again! Thanks so much for your work!

Topken

• View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: 2017-06-29 17:44:57 »
Yeah I am personally waiting to see if New threat and Reunion get a compatibility patch with each other or not. Before I dig back into the game heavily.

elScream

• View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: 2017-06-29 20:49:54 »
Hello,

First, congratulations for your job. So cool to replay ff7 after all this years and discover a "new" game :)))

I have a question concern the dark cave. In your text file, you say that we have to talk to Dio in his museum and then go to the Sleeping Forest. I'm on CD3 and i don't see Dio. Maybe i've talk to him at the re-opening Gold Saucer (i don't remember), but when i go the the Sleeping Forest, there is nobody.
Did i miss the good moment to talk to him and "activate" the Dark Cave sidequest or it's normall and i have to wait ? What can I do to have acces to this sidequest ?

(sorry for my poor english).

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: 2017-06-29 22:05:53 »
Hello,

First, congratulations for your job. So cool to replay ff7 after all this years and discover a "new" game :)))

I have a question concern the dark cave. In your text file, you say that we have to talk to Dio in his museum and then go to the Sleeping Forest. I'm on CD3 and i don't see Dio. Maybe i've talk to him at the re-opening Gold Saucer (i don't remember), but when i go the the Sleeping Forest, there is nobody.
Did i miss the good moment to talk to him and "activate" the Dark Cave sidequest or it's normall and i have to wait ? What can I do to have acces to this sidequest ?

(sorry for my poor english).

First, The Dark Cave aspects only become 'open' once you've reached the bottom of the Northern Crater (the point where you can turn back, but any further down and its' the end boss battles). Enough people have asked that it probably does need better explained in the ReadMe's. :shrugs:

Anyways, regarding the discussion that was going on regarding Vincent, the more I think on Vincent and how to fix the problems there with that, the more I suspect that it might be best to mess with his inate at the moment.

Originally my line of thought went that if it took essentially twice as much damage to get a limit break, the main issues would be dealt with. Vincent still has easy access to his limit break even if it takes twice as much damage to reach it, you get a chance to be able to attack if you built Vincent that way, and things are fine.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem able to be something that can be done from what has been said.

The option to insert a new option in the Limit Break however brings with it the possibility of coding problems and game glitches, and I am wary of that as I know something will screw up somewhere. :sighs:

So, I'm thinking we should mess with the character inate. Currently Sega Chief switched Cait Sith's and Vincent's earlier inates, which means that Vincent randomly heals HP based on his MP at this point. That doesn't really fit the character though, and it does not help with the fact that Vincent's Limit Break will essentially fill if someone nearby sneezes, let alone attacks and damages him. So, why not tie the inate to the Limit Gauge? Like, if Vincent's Limit Gauge is full, then Vincent's defenses (magical and physical) will increase up to 50 points max over the next five rounds. I.E. it doesn't 'have' to be exactly that, but something along those lines.

It would benefit both physical and magical builds by turning his limit break from a potential liability into a potential benefit. Especially since it seems we can't just mess with a few variables so that Vincent's Limit Gauge fills slower.

However, I see issues with this suggestion. Vincent's transformations have to be tested to ensure no coding problems with the inate, it might be problematic to code, and it probably would require fixing the 'Vincent Mug' issue along with that as well.

Even then, it really isn't 'what' I want, but it should address most of the problems with a physical build for Vincent. What I would like to do is code different variations of that sort of 'inate' depending on the Limit Vincent is using, but I already know that's likely asking too much there. :shrugs:
« Last Edit: 2017-06-30 16:38:37 by Robo Jesus »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: 2017-06-29 22:31:53 »
Unfortunately that's not something he put in normally. Scan can only scan up to a certain amount of HP, any more and they will be unscanable. The bosses have a TON of HP so they are generally unscanable. Weaknesses have been made easier to figure out though.

Bugs
- I have already mentioned a few (which is fine I still fully appreciate the work that went into this!)
- When I did the final descent (after completing the dark cave which I think has something to do with it) I always got the cutscenes from disc 1 (in order) while I was able to control cloud. For example at the first screen where you jump from island to island I had the lookout to the shinra hq and zoom in to sector 1, while cloud was overlaid on the cutscene and I was able to move around.
Yeah that's because after doing the Dark Cave you are set to disc 1. I'm not sure what I did to set it back to disk 3, but you can do something to put it back and you'll get the normal cutscenes.

elScream

• View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: 2017-06-30 05:32:36 »
First, The Dark Cave aspects only become 'open' once you've reached the bottom of the Northern Crater (the point where you can turn back, but any further down and its' the end boss battles). Enough people have asked that it probably does need better explained in the ReadMe's. :shrugs:

Ok, I know what I have to do.
Thanks.

littlemac

• View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: 2017-07-01 05:30:57 »
Hi Sega Chief! I just started playing NT tonight and am loving it. I'm only up to right before Air Buster, so maybe I just haven't had enough experience with the mod yet. Anyway, some comments:

- There's been some mentions of a "fast mode" and I would love that. The difficulty is sometimes manageable, but it gets tedious when it takes two entire rounds of physical attacks just to kill one enemy. Perhaps certain materia combinations will alleviate this later in the game, but I don't want to be shoehorned into HAVING to use slots on specific materia just to be viable. I guess to me a random encounter should probably be less than a minute and a boss battle more like 5-8, except for major ones. I hope I don't soound like I'm whining, though. :/

- I love a lot of the stuff I've seen. I hate that I spoiled myself on the rank up system and I can't wait to unlock it. We fought a Shinra chocobo and died laughing.

No other comments. This is great stuff! :)
« Last Edit: 2017-07-01 06:00:15 by littlemac »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: 2017-07-01 05:49:15 »
Hates:

This is not possible because of engine limitations. Increasing it would be a hassle.  HP max scan is 65535 when extended. The only solution is for Sega Chief to minimize all HP and attacks by 10x power and so on.

- Sorry I didn't like the low HP limit... I felt like once I hit that limit I was not growing as much and I didnt get the same sense I always had at the end of the game of being almighty. If anything I would have preferred to be more than 9999 but have attacks inflict more damage, even if it linearly scales with hp. It gives more immersion and more of a satisfying feeling

HP is a number. It's not good game design to just dump HP on enemies.

littlemac

• View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: 2017-07-01 17:31:24 »
Do you have any tips for any people new to the mod? I feel very underpowered.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: 2017-07-01 18:51:47 »
Hi Sega Chief! I just started playing NT tonight and am loving it. I'm only up to right before Air Buster, so maybe I just haven't had enough experience with the mod yet. Anyway, some comments:

- There's been some mentions of a "fast mode" and I would love that. The difficulty is sometimes manageable, but it gets tedious when it takes two entire rounds of physical attacks just to kill one enemy. Perhaps certain materia combinations will alleviate this later in the game, but I don't want to be shoehorned into HAVING to use slots on specific materia just to be viable. I guess to me a random encounter should probably be less than a minute and a boss battle more like 5-8, except for major ones. I hope I don't soound like I'm whining, though. :/

- I love a lot of the stuff I've seen. I hate that I spoiled myself on the rank up system and I can't wait to unlock it. We fought a Shinra chocobo and died laughing.

No other comments. This is great stuff! :)

You will have the option of turning Random Encounters on and off in most places later on (save for the World Map and a few areas). Just so you know. :shrugs:

Do you have any tips for any people new to the mod? I feel very underpowered.
One, stats and equipment actually have more impact and use here, even some of the starting equipment. So don't ignore things like "Iron Bangles" (it is one of the best defensive items for a good chunk of the early game).

Assuming you patched things right and you are using a more up-to-date version of the game that patched canon glitches and problems (if not, there are a few threads here on this forum that can show you how to fix the MDef problem and whatnot), focus attention on things like Iron Bangles and items like "Dirty bombs" early-game until you get the Morph and Steal materias.

Once you have Steal and Morph, make sure to save and experiment to see what enemies give you. With Steal, enemies have a Common, Uncommon, and Rare steal. So if you're not using the text documents showing what enemies give you, make sure to mess around a little bit with some of the harder critters and boss battles, as you can get some useful loot that way.

Another thing is status effects have much more impact and use here. So anytime you start encountering problem enemies, start throwing out status magic and items to see what works (some of the bosses and optional bosses you should also throw things like "Vaccines" and "Resist" spells on to prevent them from killing your party or you losing the fight or game).

Once you get to the Mythril Mines, you can access the merchant who will sell you "Sources" to improve your stats. So it might help to have a general idea what you want your characters to be doing there as you improve things (and yes, Luck actually matters here, especially on some of the characters like Yuffie and Cait Sith and Cid).

After that, just keep an eye on things, and be open to changing up characters and strategies based on what you're facing. ;D
« Last Edit: 2017-07-01 18:54:52 by Robo Jesus »

slothica

• View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: 2017-07-01 20:25:45 »
Just started an account so I could lend some feedback. Also, I need help.

Firstly, let me just say that I've had a blast so far. The new dialogue has made me laugh on numerous occasions and the added difficulty has been great so far. The SP system is interesting, and the new bosses are fun.

Now that that's out of the way;

Bug: I think there's an issue in North Cave on disc three when the party splits into two groups -- particularly with Aerith. When I first got to that section, I sent everyone else in different directions, but I had Cloud, Aerith and Vincent (my main party) go left and then down. Now, I ended up leaving the cave and coming back because f*** that boss, and did the exact same route as before, only this time when it asked me who I wanted to add to the party, Aerith wasn't available. Not only that, but when I went left again and got to the second split, she wasn't standing there, and when the others went in the specified direction, the scene pretty much froze with Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent pretty much just standing there doing nothing. I had to reset and send both myself and Aerith down the right path in order to proceed.

Help:And this is where me needing help comes in. Honestly if I'd have known what boss was waiting for me down the right path, I might not have saved right before it, because it's impossible to backtrack from there. I can get past the initial wave of status effects from Abyss, but after a while it uses a move called Neurotxic Breath, which doesn't seem to do any damage or status effects, but seems to inflict "game over"  regardless. I've tried everything I can think of to get past it -- resist, shield, peerless, nothing seems to work.

Vincent and Aerith are my strongest magic users, but they still can't seem to do enough damage to kill it before it uses it. And Cloud's physical attacks are just laughably bad even when fully invested at this point, so there's just no point in physically attacking it. If there's a simple solution to beating this thing then I need it, because I'm stuck there until I can beat the boss.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: 2017-07-01 20:36:40 »
Just started an account so I could lend some feedback. Also, I need help.

Firstly, let me just say that I've had a blast so far. The new dialogue has made me laugh on numerous occasions and the added difficulty has been great so far. The SP system is interesting, and the new bosses are fun.

Now that that's out of the way;

Bug: I think there's an issue in North Cave on disc three when the party splits into two groups -- particularly with Aerith. When I first got to that section, I sent everyone else in different directions, but I had Cloud, Aerith and Vincent (my main party) go left and then down. Now, I ended up leaving the cave and coming back because f*** that boss, and did the exact same route as before, only this time when it asked me who I wanted to add to the party, Aerith wasn't available. Not only that, but when I went left again and got to the second split, she wasn't standing there, and when the others went in the specified direction, the scene pretty much froze with Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent pretty much just standing there doing nothing. I had to reset and send both myself and Aerith down the right path in order to proceed.

Help:And this is where me needing help comes in. Honestly if I'd have known what boss was waiting for me down the right path, I might not have saved right before it, because it's impossible to backtrack from there. I can get past the initial wave of status effects from Abyss, but after a while it uses a move called Neurotxic Breath, which doesn't seem to do any damage or status effects, but seems to inflict "game over"  regardless. I've tried everything I can think of to get past it -- resist, shield, peerless, nothing seems to work.

Vincent and Aerith are my strongest magic users, but they still can't seem to do enough damage to kill it before it uses it. And Cloud's physical attacks are just laughably bad even when fully invested at this point, so there's just no point in physically attacking it. If there's a simple solution to beating this thing then I need it, because I'm stuck there until I can beat the boss.
You need to use something that inflicts "Silence" in order to make him 'unsilence' himself (and lose the buildup to that particular attack).

Amusingly enough "Bad Breath" works well there for that from what I've heard.

slothica

• View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: 2017-07-01 20:42:36 »
I'll try that, thanks.

Honestly it was a little demoralizing at first after thinking up this convoluted strategy only to have to insta-kill me halfway through, but now I'm hell-bent on making that thing dead.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: 2017-07-01 21:32:05 »
I'll try that, thanks.

Honestly it was a little demoralizing at first after thinking up this convoluted strategy only to have to insta-kill me halfway through, but now I'm hell-bent on making that thing dead.

Be prepared to make many many more convoluted strategy's just to have them fail farther than your could believe. It gets rediculous, BUT once you do get that strat down that beats him it's SO gratifying.

slothica

• View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: 2017-07-02 03:23:27 »
Yeah I got past Abyss using the silence trick, after about fifteen or so more tries. And I already see what you're saying as far as other bosses go. The difficulty spike went from 10 to 10,000 in the blink of an eye.

Quite frankly, more than a few of them are next to impossible -- the materia cave monsters for instance. A few of the level 4 limit quest monsters are nightmarishly difficult as well. The only ones I've managed to do so far are Berret's, Aerith's, Vincent's & Rex XIII. I gave up on Cloud's after I exhausted every materia and equipment setup that I could think of. I'll try Yuffie's & Cid's next.

All the equipment that would help requires me to morph things that can kill me easily, like Iron Man, so that's a no go.

I'm thinking of just killing Sephiroth and calling it day, but in all likelihood I'll never make it past Bizzarro.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: 2017-07-02 04:18:46 »
Yeah I got past Abyss using the silence trick, after about fifteen or so more tries. And I already see what you're saying as far as other bosses go. The difficulty spike went from 10 to 10,000 in the blink of an eye.

Quite frankly, more than a few of them are next to impossible -- the materia cave monsters for instance. A few of the level 4 limit quest monsters are nightmarishly difficult as well. The only ones I've managed to do so far are Berret's, Aerith's, Vincent's & Rex XIII. I gave up on Cloud's after I exhausted every materia and equipment setup that I could think of. I'll try Yuffie's & Cid's next.

All the equipment that would help requires me to morph things that can kill me easily, like Iron Man, so that's a no go.

I'm thinking of just killing Sephiroth and calling it day, but in all likelihood I'll never make it past Bizzarro.
Amusingly enough I was able to quickly and easily beat one of the Materia Cave bosses (the Cactuar one) on my first try due to sheer dumb luck. If you want some quick notes the Materia cave bosses, here you go.

The Cactuar boss I accidentally beat was just by using battle items I had picked up previously while messing around. It was over hilariously quick due to that. The rest though? Yeah, some of them are utter nightmares. I honestly hate the Goldenberry (sp?) one near Wutai, and is very difficult to do normally. Not much I can say there on that. The Bomb King fight is just keeping his minions alive while laying the beatdown on him. Binah though is one where you kind of have to stock up on some of the new battle items in order to survive things. The one item that gives Peerless helps the most there I've found.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: 2017-07-02 14:38:33 »
The Disc 3 bosses (and maybe some of the Disc 2 ones) were heavily overtuned for where the player party ended up being which was compounded by bad AI using Random MOD to select attacks. I've redesigned every single one of them; attacks, stats, AI, etc.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: 2017-07-02 19:20:25 »

Yeah a lot of the bosses just take some thinking outside of the box, or some MAJOR cheese. Here's what I remember doing for the bosses:

The Bomb King is what I started on. My strategy is different from normal strategy, it's a chance based strategy. At the start of the fight, I'd wait till the Bomg King used Chain Reaction (I think that's the name, the move that hits everyone) Then use Hades for his 100% status to confuse all the little Bombs. Then I'd cast Demi 3 on them all. The would use their explode, and if everything goes well, they'd blow each other up. I just reset if they blew up one of my party early, but if 3 died and the 4th one blew up one of my party I'd usually just deal with it. Two party members are enough to beat Bomb King as long as one of them has a decent heal.

After figuring out magic was a bad thing to do against the Cactuare, I went and bought a BUNCH of weapons from the Highwind weapon guy, and just threw them all. Only thing I had to worry about was his time based attack which was a little rediculous, but I was thankful it was only single target. Just keep everyone alive and throwing stuff at him and he'll go down.

I cheesed the Tonberry's. I cheesed them SO hard thanks to Sega Chief for this one. Start the fight, Quadra Summon Bahamut Zero followed up by MP Turbo Neo Bahamut. You can normally live past their counter attack to Zero unless you are super unlucky. But that will finish them off no sweat.

The KOTR boss was just, "Do as much damage in as little amount of turns as possble." which once you find out that counter materia's don't count as a turn, makes things easier. Just load your hardest hitters (imo Premium Heart + Bahamut Zero + Mp Plus for max MP) and load them with counter attack, throw on a few magic counters, Quadra Magic, and 4x Cut, and just keep your party alive and you'll be fine.

Tifa's Level 4 Limit was a little annoying. I started off the fight with Sneak Attack Cure and Sneak Attack Barrier for Instant Regen and Wall. Fill her up with Counter Attacks and 4x Cut and you'll be set. Just heal when you have to, and everything'll be fine.

From you said you are trying Yuffie's and Cid's next I won't give you any spoilers on those. Just try to cheese as much as possible. If you don't have Double Cut yet it's not needed, but it helps. The fight for it is a pain too, and requires some of the most rediculous cheese and timing possible, but he's not the hardest, so if you can pump out as much damage, and watch his attack pattern it'll be ok.

Also Sega Chief I dunno if this was mentioned because the search bar working like it used to for me, but I remember fighting the Cactuar Materia Cave boss, and trying to use Coin Toss and it hit my party even if the enemy was selected. I don't remember much about it cause it was a while ago and my memory is horrible. I miiiight have been using Aerith so that might've messed with it? I dunno, I just remember it hitting my party instead of the Cactuar.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-02 19:22:22 by strife98 »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: 2017-07-02 20:20:00 »
Also Sega Chief I dunno if this was mentioned because the search bar working like it used to for me, but I remember fighting the Cactuar Materia Cave boss, and trying to use Coin Toss and it hit my party even if the enemy was selected. I don't remember much about it cause it was a while ago and my memory is horrible. I miiiight have been using Aerith so that might've messed with it? I dunno, I just remember it hitting my party instead of the Cactuar.
Ok, I just tested this on my own game, and I can verify that there is a problem with "Coin" here.

The first thing I tested was if it was a problem with Aerith (she's currently equipped with one of her healing weapons), and it will hit the party instead of the enemies (even though it points towards the enemies). After I changed out weapons on Aerith, tested that, and gave another character the Throw materia though, I can confirm that Coin is targeting the party in both contexts (so it's not an issue with using Aerith), even though it's pointing towards enemies. Also, you cannot select who to throw at either, it auto-selects all the enemies and then hits the players. So some flag is being screwy with the "Coin" command there.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-02 20:45:04 by Robo Jesus »

slothica

• View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: 2017-07-02 22:45:07 »
Ok, I just tested this on my own game, and I can verify that there is a problem with "Coin" here.

The first thing I tested was if it was a problem with Aerith (she's currently equipped with one of her healing weapons), and it will hit the party instead of the enemies (even though it points towards the enemies). After I changed out weapons on Aerith, tested that, and gave another character the Throw materia though, I can confirm that Coin is targeting the party in both contexts (so it's not an issue with using Aerith), even though it's pointing towards enemies. Also, you cannot select who to throw at either, it auto-selects all the enemies and then hits the players. So some flag is being screwy with the "Coin" command there.

I actually just did this fight and encountered the same issue -- however it happened while I was using Berret.

On a side note, I actually beat this thing somehow. I also did Tifa's quest, which was actually incredibly easy. I just poisoned him and then defended for the whole fight.

Doing Bomb king right now, and I pretty much had the fight down to a science, but every time I get him down to low HP he always uses chain reaction (which knocks them out of sleep + confusion), and then immediately following it he uses set fuse -- which sets off all the bombs immediately after that. It's annoying because otherwise I'm untouchable with fire absorb + status resist.

EDIT: Beat the Bomb King. Tifa used Bad Breath just in time before they went off. However, it missed two of them, which knocked out Vincent & Aerith, so Tifa had to solo from there.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-02 23:11:21 by slothica »

littlemac

• View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: 2017-07-03 16:29:21 »
Is there a recommended party or something? I've just gotten to Ft. Condor and still feel very weak. Also, where is your current sp shown?