Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837955 times)

deha0002

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3150 on: 2016-04-03 12:39:23 »
Ok guys, I need all the tips i can get on how to beat the Curator. I get wiped before i can even you my first action. Is there something am missing?

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 2016-04-03 13:02:05 »
Ok guys, I need all the tips i can get on how to beat the Curator. I get wiped before i can even you my first action. Is there something am missing?

Get Tifa =)

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 2016-04-03 13:05:53 »
Get Tifa =)

I have, she dies at the second barrage.

Tbh i may be underleveled, since Cloud has 3600 with magic materia build, and the first lazer deals 3400.
Might try using Phoenix with Tifa i guess.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 2016-04-03 13:08:32 »
2 questions:

- Where can i find an IRON MAn in 1.35 ? To get some weapon for cloud (data mine say you get one on an iron man, and a second by morphing it)

- I play 1.35, should i patch for 1.4 or wait some debug ?

Thanks all

Iron Giants can be encountered on the last screen of the Left-Down path in the North Crater. I'd finish up on 1.35 and then start a new game if you want to try 1.4.

I really hope it's worth it.

Of course it will be. Good luck with Pearl Weapon.

Yeah, you're missing the fact that visiting hours are between 8.00 and 17.00.

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 2016-04-03 13:31:42 »
Iron Giants can be encountered on the last screen of the Left-Down path in the North Crater. I'd finish up on 1.35 and then start a new game if you want to try 1.4.

Heaven's Cloud: Iron Man, Morph
Ragnarok: Iron Man, Drop

So you can't have this weapon till the almost last screen of the game ? oO

I've patch to test and exept losing some stats cause there is a few more bonus in 1.4 rank up  i don't miss  anything else right ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 2016-04-03 13:35:17 »
Heaven's Cloud: Iron Man, Morph
Ragnarok: Iron Man, Drop

So you can't have this weapon till the almost last screen of the game ? oO

I've patch to test and exept losing some stats cause there is a few more bonus in 1.4 rank up  i don't miss  anything else right ?

I think Ragnarok drops from Proud Clod as well; it's more to give you a repeatable source for those weapons because they're consumed in a craft for an Ultimate Weapon. As for patching over to 1.4, you'll take a stat hit but also a HP hit and I don't know if a 1.35 party can take those hits. Beyond that, there's also variable triggers and the like so I don't know how stable your save file will be; I can't guarantee there won't be problems.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 2016-04-03 14:53:51 »

off course it will be. Good luck with Pearl Weapon.

Yeah, you're missing the fact that visiting hours are between 8.00 and 17.00.

Damn if i only knew that beforehand.....On a serious note, it this joke boss or am i just not visiting at the right hours.

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 2016-04-03 14:58:24 »
Hm, It seems I still can't interact with either the tubes in shinra mansion or Godo during disc 3. I don't know what's causing this but I've not done anything in northern cave. I also just killed Ultimate weapon but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. Godo says the usual thing he says about getting materia, whereas the shinra mansion tubes say the usual specimen message. No special encounters/text is triggered.

EDIT: Ok, I'm stupid. After getting to the bottom of the cave they unlock.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 15:44:28 by FifulX »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 2016-04-03 15:07:44 »
level 50 goblins in goblin island are worth sp no matter your level

Can this be left in?  I think having a set mob at the end to power grind SP as an option would be the ideal solution to the SP accumulation debate.  You could set the SP value to 1 or something real low so power levelers like myself still have an option for SP at the end if we need it

(plus I could feel better about needing some extra levels in the Shinra building--thank you for allowing me to turn off random battles!)

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 2016-04-03 16:19:25 »
Hm, I'm struggling with the abyss fight in North Crater and I can't get out of the area. How do you beat him? He has that breath that game-overs you if used. How do you stop this move? Compared to the Cloud/Sephiroth yin/yang fight Abyss seems very difficult.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 2016-04-03 16:21:44 »
I think Ragnarok drops from Proud Clod as well; it's more to give you a repeatable source for those weapons because they're consumed in a craft for an Ultimate Weapon. As for patching over to 1.4, you'll take a stat hit but also a HP hit and I don't know if a 1.35 party can take those hits. Beyond that, there's also variable triggers and the like so I don't know how stable your save file will be; I can't guarantee there won't be problems.
Ragnarok is also a rare steal from Wolfmeister. I got it in one my failed attempts to stop the runaway train with the Mega-Materia in my no-drugs playthrough. I successfully stopped the train (7 Seconds left on the clock) on a run where I stole something else instead but at that point I was just glad to succeed.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 2016-04-03 17:14:30 »
I have a requestion regarding combining support materia with various summons.

Ramuh + Added Effect - Why doesn't this allow me to inflict or protect from Paralysis?
Kjata + Elemental - Although it could be troublesome if used improperly, how come it doesn't allow me to attack with or protect from Fire, Ice, Lightning and maybe Earth?
Bahamut, Neo Bahamut & Bahamut Zero + Elemental - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Shout or Hidden? (I'm suspecting it's the latter).
Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to Remove Barriers on attack or protect yourself from DeBarrier? (I'm guessing no).
Neo Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Dual? (Under Status it isn't listed so i'm guessing no. Really wishing I'm wrong).
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 17:17:15 by Skirmish »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 2016-04-03 17:21:54 »
Hm, I'm struggling with the abyss fight in North Crater and I can't get out of the area. How do you beat him? He has that breath that game-overs you if used. How do you stop this move? Compared to the Cloud/Sephiroth yin/yang fight Abyss seems very difficult.

You hit it with Silence, which causes it to remove bad statuses from it (and your party!), but also losing it's stored "breath".

Ragnarok is also a rare steal from Wolfmeister. I got it in one my failed attempts to stop the runaway train with the Mega-Materia in my no-drugs playthrough. I successfully stopped the train (7 Seconds left on the clock) on a run where I stole something else instead but at that point I was just glad to succeed.

Also a raresteal from trashmobs near Hojo, some Soldier enemies.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 17:24:10 by Mithrain »

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 2016-04-03 17:27:09 »
Thanks Mithrain, I'll try it. The bastard has wiped me like 4-5 times now. Time to finally take revenge.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 2016-04-03 17:40:12 »
Tell you what, I'll give CMD. Grand Horn a good drop.
Just loaded up my other save file and fought him. Fantastic item to give him, 10/10 would fail Fort Condor again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 2016-04-03 20:21:30 »
Can this be left in?  I think having a set mob at the end to power grind SP as an option would be the ideal solution to the SP accumulation debate.  You could set the SP value to 1 or something real low so power levelers like myself still have an option for SP at the end if we need it

(plus I could feel better about needing some extra levels in the Shinra building--thank you for allowing me to turn off random battles!)

Yeah, that's fine.

That was a problem with that boss actually, the mechanic just isn't apparent at all. I'll maybe ditch it.

I have a requestion regarding combining support materia with various summons.

Ramuh + Added Effect - Why doesn't this allow me to inflict or protect from Paralysis?
Kjata + Elemental - Although it could be troublesome if used improperly, how come it doesn't allow me to attack with or protect from Fire, Ice, Lightning and maybe Earth?
Bahamut, Neo Bahamut & Bahamut Zero + Elemental - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Shout or Hidden? (I'm suspecting it's the latter).
Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to Remove Barriers on attack or protect yourself from DeBarrier? (I'm guessing no).
Neo Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Dual? (Under Status it isn't listed so i'm guessing no. Really wishing I'm wrong).

There was no flag for paralysis in the kernel when setting Materia equip-effects, but I wanted Ramuh to have it on his attack so unfortunately I had to let it be. For Kjata, Materia can only have one element on it and I didn't want to favour one element over the others; could change it to Earth though as that's the attack Kjata manifests himself in order to perform. Bahamuts are all Shout element; there's no debarrier/dispel effect for connecting it to Added Effect. Neo-Bahamut can't give Dual either because there's two flags needed for that, and one of them is missing from the kernel editor.

Just loaded up my other save file and fought him. Fantastic item to give him, 10/10 would fail Fort Condor again.

Ask and ye shall receive.

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 2016-04-03 21:59:14 »
Isn't Omega a bit too strong?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 2016-04-03 22:29:59 »
I dunno. I haven't fought it yet  ;D

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 2016-04-03 22:39:08 »
Isn't Omega a bit too strong?
I dunno. I haven't fought it yet  ;D
He's somewhat based off FF8's Omega Weapon with a couple of changes. 1,161,000 Health but he has a fixed attack pattern. I think for the purposes of this mod his moveset goes along the lines of L5 Death to start then Meteor, Medigo Flame, Gravija, Terra break, Light Pillar, Ultima, back to Meteor with a Physical Slash (Which I have yet to see) as a counter-attack (In FF8 Ultima comes before Light Pillar).

Probably the biggest difference between New Threat Omega and FF8 Omega is that this one is ALOT, ALOT, I MEAN ALOT faster. If you watch some youtube videos of FF8 Omega you can see people getting several turns in before Omega's next attack.

In the current New Threat build he absorbs most elements but seems to take damage from Gravity attacks so Laser will always deal 9999, and L5 Suicide is a cheap way to deal some hefty damage to him. Triple Reflecting Demi spells can also be effective. He also appears to be vulnerable to Paralysis aswell but Dazers seems to miss a chunk. I haven't survived long enough on Active ATB to know if he's vulnerable to Dual or not. He's immune to Haste so I can't make Dual more effective using that method, assuming Haste affects Dual the same way it does regen and also assuming Omega is vulnerable to Dual, which it almost certainly isn't.

POTENTIAL ERROR: With the Extra battle, the Gold and Platinum battle options are greyed out but you can still access them, had a rather nasty suprise of Nemesis Ultra Sparking me to death. Keep in mind the levels of my characters are around the high 50s with no rank ups (Doing a run through without using the drug dealer in the Mythril Mines).
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 22:57:07 by Skirmish »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 2016-04-03 23:17:39 »
Can confirm he's beatable.

So the options are still available even before they're unlocked? Whoops. Also, he wasn't supposed to be vulnerable to gravity; I think it was listed as something he absorbed in FF8 so I'll get that fixed. As for statuses, with the exception of Frog and Mini, anything that didn't exist in FF8 can be used on Omega here; so Dual-Drain and Paralysis will work.

Actually, I left Manipulate on by accident :l

Edit: Making some revisions to Omega, getting Terra Break to deal 0 damage if you're defending, use his physical attack, etc.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 23:31:52 by Sega Chief »

Miksu

• View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 2016-04-03 23:34:10 »
Spoiler: show

What is that "??????"? I don't mind spoilers... It just seems weird.
Also what does Relic Ring do? "Mysterious artifact". I have a feeling that it's useless. :D
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 14:46:55 by Miksu »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 2016-04-03 23:45:33 »
hey sega chief

while you are fixing up omega weapon

remember to remove the sword on him or else people might think he is ulimite weapon

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 2016-04-04 00:00:19 »
What is that "??????"? I don't mind spoilers... It just seems weird.
Also what does Relic Ring do? "Mysterious artifact". I have a feeling that it's useless. :D

Relic Ring gives Auto-Wall (like a Protect Ring), +20 to Strength & Magic, as well as defending against Dual-Drain and Manipulate (used by some bosses). It will also absorb Hidden...but also Restorative; so if you use it, make sure to have some alternate means of healing (absorb Fire, for instance, using an Elemental Materia).

hey sega chief

while you are fixing up omega weapon

remember to remove the sword on him or else people might think he is ulimite weapon

Ah, but Ultimate Weapon doesn't have a sword in FF7 so we have to assume that Omega borrowed it from him.

Edit: Got the thing for Terra Break working, but need to decide if it's triggered by one character defending or all three need to be Defending. Leaning toward all three.

Edit2: Threw a wee patch up; changes Gravija to Demi3, Terra Break change (all three characters need to defend after Demi3 to avoid the damage), changed up the elemental resistances (I think) and re-enabled the physical attack.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 00:21:26 by Sega Chief »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 2016-04-04 12:38:32 »
Relic Ring gives Auto-Wall (like a Protect Ring), +20 to Strength & Magic, as well as defending against Dual-Drain and Manipulate (used by some bosses). It will also absorb Hidden...but also Restorative; so if you use it, make sure to have some alternate means of healing (absorb Fire, for instance, using an Elemental Materia).

Ah, but Ultimate Weapon doesn't have a sword in FF7 so we have to assume that Omega borrowed it from him.

Edit: Got the thing for Terra Break working, but need to decide if it's triggered by one character defending or all three need to be Defending. Leaning toward all three.

Edit2: Threw a wee patch up; changes Gravija to Demi3, Terra Break change (all three characters need to defend after Demi3 to avoid the damage), changed up the elemental resistances (I think) and re-enabled the physical attack.

Installed the Scene.bin hotfix and the flevel hotfix. Trying to kill Omega, but he freezes after the demi cast, which I believe is when he's supposed to cast Terra break?

Also, got a w-item from Nemesis the other day, leaving me with 2 of those in my possession. So I'm guessing the midgar drop was not intentional afterall? :>

I really enjoyed the little dialogue after the Nyctalopian dragon fight, giving a bit of backstory to Cid's Highwind limitbreak. o/

Edit: It also still seems that Yuffie suffers a damage penalty, when using 4x-cut from the back row.
edit 2: One of the patches says it also fixes the w-magic drop. I went down there again, but no w-magic in sight. :<
edit 3: The New Threat dude on the Highwind still tells you to go to Midgar for Cid's old mission.
Edit >9000:
Brawler league bugged, giving rewards from the Tifa-solo league.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 13:53:58 by Mithrain »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 2016-04-04 13:12:36 »
I'm completly stuck at Curator as well. What annoys me the most is that the boss is located in a place you can't get back to in Disc 3. I found a way around to survivre the few first attacks (but once again, if I knew it before I would have farmed more of these >.>). Second thing that is annoying is its high crit chance. A character with no magic materia (so no -x% hp) will either die or left with 100 hp after a crit. It implies any mage can't survive a crit, and even his AoE can crit. Maybe I'm really dumb and I miss something but otherwise i simply have no idea.