Author Topic: External Display Sound Issue  (Read 1462 times)

External Display Sound Issue
« on: 2019-05-06 12:12:31 »
Hi everyone,

I've successfully installed 2013 Steam FF7 & 7th heaven Mod.

My problem is I cannot seem to get the sound working through a hdmi cable on my external display when I launch from 7th heaven. It will ONLY play sound through my laptop speakers. I even tried to connect my laptop to a Bluetooth speaker as the sound would be marginally better than my tinny laptop & it didn't work. All other windows apps and sounds play through the hdmi or Bluetooth speaker depending on which one I have connected. (I'm trying to avoid headphones if possible)

Any thoughts? I'd love to be able to have the sound playing through my external display as it's a surround sound setup on a big screen & the music in this game really deserves it 8)

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:18:57 by Silver_Valentine_Artist »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: External Display Sound Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-06 19:07:27 »
If you're changing your sound setup, you need to re-run the game converter (choose 'Overwrite' when asked at the beginning) in order to have the config program set the correct registry keys.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-06 23:12:18 »
You need the HDMI cable connected while you run the GC so that it can recognize the sound device when FF7Config opens. Choose the device for the external display at that point.

« Reply #3 on: 2019-05-07 17:45:37 »
Problem Solved!

Thank you so much for the concise & swift help guys :)