Author Topic: [FF7PSX SCES-00867] PAL Damage Break patch (2011-07-29)  (Read 14369 times)

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Here it is. Now you can do more than 9,999 damage, maximum of 32,000 (all 5 digits show) on PAL copies. Download it, extract it to a folder, and read the readme. This is for the Playstation version of FFVII.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z65d1kjl7l5nbvp

I need someone to test this patch on the PAL-G FFVII SCES-00869
Report bugs here or to my email (found in readme.txt).

Unlike Arms' patch for the NTSC USA region... this one leaves Lucky 7777's intact. I'd rather add features than take them away.
Anyways, this patch is part of a set. The other one's aren't finished yet, but they (or it) will break the HP and MP limits once I complete that and all of my patches will be made to work with all regions of FFVII.

Enjoy.

~ Count SymphoniC

Also, to the Administrators of our forums. I have experience in moderating forums (lan.st), we use vBulletin. If you are interested in having an extra moderator to help out around here, let me know. I'd be glad to help out.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 22:06:38 by Covarr »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-29 17:16:44 by dkma841 »

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Use CDMAGE Beta 5. Read the readme, it explains in full detail.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-29 17:16:31 by dkma841 »

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Works perfectly <3 tried it on my psp THANK YOU! :-D btw do you think you could put in any other mods?

You're welcome. Other mods? It really depends on what kind of mods you're talking about. I'm working on an HP/MP 9999 break also, but I'm also working on a huge music project elsewhere in this forum, so I'm juggling projects. Let me know what kind of mods you're talking about, and I'll tell you if it can be done.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2021-10-29 17:16:13 by dkma841 »

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Yes and no. If they're minor graphical tweaks, like getting 5 digits to show when doing damage... then yes. If they're major, like replacing models with higher poly models and better textures, then I guess theoretically it could be done, but the LBA lists would have to be updated and fun stuff like that, I'm not one to focus on major graphical mods though.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Don't we already have break hp-mp limit somewhere? I know I do in my mod, but i forgot where it's from

SymphoniC

• Mind hack.
    • View Profile
Don't we already have break hp-mp limit somewhere? I know I do in my mod, but i forgot where it's from

I looked and was unable to find it. There's one for the PC version, but I have yet to find one for the PSX version. The only break damage patch for the PSX other than my patch was done by ARMs. But his only works on NTSC, so European fans missed out on the benefits of the patch. If you could find a Playstation version HP/MP limit breaking patch, please point it out to me. I'd rather not put in all of that effort into making such a patch if it already exists.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
nevermind me, I was too dumb to actually read the topic properly and missed that this was limited to the psx version. Because of the question in the second post ( and because I've seen a lot of really, really stupid questions regarding .iso files in my life ) I thought someone was asking how to implement a pc patch on the psx version.