Author Topic: Beta Test  (Read 23125 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Beta Test
« Reply #25 on: 2009-11-16 16:23:30 »
I did my clean install and so far everything works (except for some crash I have when entering Kalm, but I'm pretty positive it is unrelated)

List 'o complaints

1.)  The Temp folder is still in my directory... and I like my directories as clean as possible  :x
2.)  What happened to the limit bars?  When I used one of the initial releases they had been changed to a darker green and pink.. now they are faded again?
3.)  The .ico icons that I think titeguy3 made should be included
4.)  32-bit is preferable to 24-bit as is evidenced by the amount of errors I see in my crash.dmp and app.log  :-P
5.)  If you can somehow rename the uninstaller to AVALANCHE Uninstaller, that would help clear up any confusion someone might have if they just want to uninstall the mod, but unintentionally uninstall the game.
6.)  Awesome work!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #26 on: 2009-11-16 16:28:08 »
Whenever I record with FRAPS, it's ALWAYS laggy.  :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-11-21 23:30:39 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8831.msg117700#msg117700 This is the fix I was referring to in my 2nd point.

----EDIT---
....I think
« Last Edit: 2009-11-21 23:37:40 by obesebear »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #28 on: 2009-11-21 23:39:04 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8831.msg117700#msg117700 This is the fix I was referring to in my 2nd point.

----EDIT---
....I think
Yes. I'm positive that's the fix to the "candy color" bars.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-11-22 00:29:08 »
I did my clean install and so far everything works (except for some crash I have when entering Kalm, but I'm pretty positive it is unrelated)

List 'o complaints

1.)  The Temp folder is still in my directory... and I like my directories as clean as possible  :x
2.)  What happened to the limit bars?  When I used one of the initial releases they had been changed to a darker green and pink.. now they are faded again?
3.)  The .ico icons that I think titeguy3 made should be included
4.)  32-bit is preferable to 24-bit as is evidenced by the amount of errors I see in my crash.dmp and app.log  :-P
5.)  If you can somehow rename the uninstaller to AVALANCHE Uninstaller, that would help clear up any confusion someone might have if they just want to uninstall the mod, but unintentionally uninstall the game.
6.)  Awesome work!

Sorry i didnt get back to you about this. Must have missed looking at this post. As for your issues:

1) Good catch, will be fixed for the final release
2) The installer was compiled with an older set of files, will be fixed in the final.
3) Not really sure what you mean by this. Do you want it to change the icon for the ff7 game somehow?
4) Already know this, they will all be 32 bit in the final
5) Good idea, consider it done (By the way the uninstaller section is not even written yet)
6) Thanks  :-D

Any other ideas guys let me know

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #30 on: 2009-11-22 01:34:05 »
I didn't know that #6 was a complaint, lol.  :-D

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #31 on: 2009-11-22 17:31:25 »
the installer works just fine with wine on my machine :)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-11-22 17:40:36 »
the installer works just fine with wine on my machine :)

Thats awesome news, I wasnt sure if it would.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-11-22 22:01:09 »
For 3) there was/is a thread somewhere around here where Covarr posted up pics of his Desktop icons for FF7.  Then someone else (titeguy3?) released the ones he made.   I'm too lazy to search for it, but it was very well done.  There was one for the the config.exe as well I think.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-22 22:29:44 by obesebear »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-11-22 22:17:33 »

drocpsu

« Reply #35 on: 2009-11-24 03:17:37 »
Post deleted - I got it working.  See my post below instead for comments/issues.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-24 22:02:43 by drocpsu »

The_Scarred_Raven

« Reply #36 on: 2009-11-24 04:19:52 »
My Crash Log and APP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mymqkmy22lw

With this installer in use, i cannot enter/exit towns, or my airship bridge, with out the game crashing.
O.o;;
I am using the world map texture replacement by Pyro...
but it has the same error without it... but only if i use the installer,the other batch files worked fine...
 but that is earlier releases..o.o;;

drocpsu

« Reply #37 on: 2009-11-24 22:01:47 »
ok, I re-installed Aali's custom graphics driver (the previous version, rather than the newest) and then reinstalled the GUI loader.  It seems to have worked.  A couple things I noticed.  My game is still running at 640x480 (my monitor doesnt have a high enough res to use the high res patch and I don't know if there's a way to load resolutions between the two), but all the fonts look funny.  They changed, but they're not clear like in the screenshots that have been posted.  Also, there is now a delay opening menus (start menu, in-game menu, etc).  It now takes 2-3 seconds before the screen comes up.

Other than that, things look like theyre working alright.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-11-24 22:24:13 »
ok, I re-installed Aali's custom graphics driver (the previous version, rather than the newest) and then reinstalled the GUI loader.  It seems to have worked.  A couple things I noticed.  My game is still running at 640x480 (my monitor doesnt have a high enough res to use the high res patch and I don't know if there's a way to load resolutions between the two), but all the fonts look funny.  They changed, but they're not clear like in the screenshots that have been posted.  Also, there is now a delay opening menus (start menu, in-game menu, etc).  It now takes 2-3 seconds before the screen comes up.

Other than that, things look like theyre working alright.

Yeah the game will look funny at a 640x480 res. Open up the ff7_opengl.cfg and change the resolution in there. And the delay for menu's and such are unavoidable.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-11-25 16:38:27 »
My Crash Log and APP.

With this installer in use, i cannot enter/exit towns, or my airship bridge, with out the game crashing.
O.o;;
but it has the same error without it... but only if i use the installer,the other batch files worked fine...
Don't use .7.2.  Use .7.1 for now until Aali releases a new version.

Drocpsu, use Aali's custom graphic driver .7.1.  The Saint's Hi res patch is now outdated

The_Scarred_Raven

« Reply #40 on: 2009-11-27 03:43:32 »
My Crash Log and APP.

O.o;;
Don't use .7.2.  Use .7.1 for now until Aali releases a new version.

Drocpsu, use Aali's custom graphic driver .7.1.  The Saint's Hi res patch is now outdated

Thanks a bunch, almost missed your reply.
Everything works fine now. Although, my LGPs are all shot up from a lot of personal  modding, and such.
I thought I was going to have to do a clean install. Thanks. :D

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-12-21 01:59:39 »
just gave this a run through again, don't know why i didn't post this a long time ago. 
My ideas:

-Change the Avalanche.exe icon to a more FF7 looking one
-Include version number in the filename, as well as in the intro screen(i know this was temporary)
-Possibly include links to the qhimm forums before install, that way screens can be viewed prior to install.  Once we release this it will probably travel far away from Qhimm forums.  don't know how flexible the installer is, so this may not be possible.
-Fancy start screen

Otherwise i think it works perfectly. The modular aspect is great since it makes it easy to add new features into the whole process. Can't wait to get our first REAL release out with this installer.  Great job dude!

Lee