Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496896 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #100 on: 2013-05-07 17:35:48 »
Short status update. I have finished Aerith (battle and field again). The field model of Red XIII is nearly (re)done, it needs only some minor impovements but looks very good right now.

Dosen't he have a nice smile?
The legs are more or less from Kela51's great version of Red XIII.
If I have done the final touch, I will create a battle model out of this. After this I will make a new release.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2013-05-08 08:31:15 »
I guess I have solved the transparency bug. I need to do some more testing, but converting a p-file with bitrun to a 3ds file and then replace the converted bone in kimera with the new 3ds file do the trick.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2013-05-08 16:09:16 »
I currently do some tests, but kimera does not work like I want. Sometimes it doesn't write the new parts correctly and messed up the whole model. I have to investigate more into this, but it doesn't look so good at the moment.  :-\

Edit:
It's not possible. I can't create the torso. I managed it to fix the head of Cloud but this was it. Sorry. :'(
« Last Edit: 2013-05-09 01:36:43 by Kaldarasha »

ProtoX

« Reply #103 on: 2013-05-08 17:13:52 »
I currently do some tests, but kimera does not work like I want. Sometimes it doesn't write the new parts correctly and messed up the whole model. I have to investigate more into this, but it doesn't look so good at the moment.  :|

Edit:
It's not possible. I can't create the torso. I managed it to fix the head of Cloud but this was it. Sorry. :cry:
so are saying the transparency bug is there?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2013-05-08 17:35:11 »
I have to convert the rsd files to 3ds not the p files! Testing goes on... 8-)

« Last Edit: 2013-05-08 17:40:03 by Kaldarasha »

ProtoX

« Reply #105 on: 2013-05-08 19:23:53 »
well take your time dude don't rush it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #106 on: 2013-05-09 02:52:59 »
It's been awhile since I have looked at your models. Great work so far, keep it up  :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2013-05-17 16:11:42 »
Here is my second battle addon containing: Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith and Red XIII.
BattleAddon2.7z
Red XIII has took longer as I thought, I have also used more parts of Kela51's (or Team Avalanche's) Red XIII as I had planed.
Well the result is very good, so I hope they will forgive me that I didn't ask.
The field models of Tifa, Aerith and Red XIII are also updated.
My next plan is to solve the transpancy bug, but for this I need much time and MUCH more motivation.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2013-05-30 18:45:31 »
Ok someone has asked me for an update, but I need a bit more time to fix some issues.
I have done some changes to Cloud and some of his animations (the new running animation and the standing idle looks more natural now). My biggest problem is currently to find a smart way to sort the different Cloud models without making it too busy. There is also a problem with a model which overwrites Sephiroths left foot (not a big problem to solve).
I try to finish and upload this tonight.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2013-05-31 06:18:30 »
This has took longer as I thought...
Anyway I have finished it and done a bit more as I had planed.
Unshaded-Models-1.60.7z
The bad news is, that I does not have fixed the transparency bug, yet.
However, I tweaked some animations to let them look more natural.
The black outfit of Cloud is now full supported, for the one who like the Crisis Core style.
I have also made models of Cloud for the High minigame. Well, I guess this was everything.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2013-05-31 11:34:47 »
Hiya! Unbelievable work and it is a lot of fun to test these things. So I started working on this with a new game. One thing I caught so far is that there is a part of Biggs' face missing. He appears to have a half face half shadow.

One other thing I wanted to mention so far is that I was expecting the soldiers to have guns when they shoot at Cloud after the opening bombing mission, but they didn't. Also: during the bombing mission there is a scene where Biggs and Wedge and possibly Jessie as well all appear to be holding guns but no guns are animated. Later I know during the scene where Shin-Ra burns Corel, Scarlet is shooting at Dyna and Barret along with the soldiers who accompany her, but there is oddly no gun in her hands nor the soldiers. I have not tested that scene since adding your files to my char.lgp. 

Oh, I almost forgot. I probably did it the hard, slow way... but is there an easier way to do this than cutting and pasting your files from the many folders they are distributed in that come with your package? It took a very very long time to extract the files from each individual folder and move them to the corresponding lgp waiting to be encoded. Also, the margin for error doing it that way seems high... I'm sure I did it correctly if slowly and your models are working and quite easy to spot. My one complaint as far as their anatomy is concerned is the way Cloud's knee bent when he came off the train in the opening scene. Looked like it was painful.

Oh and it's a bit unclear which folders are options and which need to be installed, but these models look very authentic, so I am very very happy with your work and I want to thank you for it.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2013-05-31 13:00:19 »
One thing I caught so far is that there is a part of Biggs' face missing. He appears to have a half face half shadow.
Yep, this happens if make a part symetric and it have a texture applied on it. Strange is that you got the problem, because he looks OK on my installation. :?

One other thing I wanted to mention so far is that I was expecting the soldiers to have guns when they shoot at Cloud after the opening bombing mission, but they didn't. Also: during the bombing mission there is a scene where Biggs and Wedge and possibly Jessie as well all appear to be holding guns but no guns are animated. Later I know during the scene where Shin-Ra burns Corel, Scarlet is shooting at Dyna and Barret along with the soldiers who accompany her, but there is oddly no gun in her hands nor the soldiers. I have not tested that scene since adding your files to my char.lgp...

...And they won't have any guns again. This depends to script and not to the model itself.
An example: Aerith loses her ribbon when she is murderd by Sephiroth/Jenova.
But in the next scene Cloud is wielding an Aerith with a ribbon in her hair. Therefor I had made a ribbonless Aerith for her death scene. But even if the model is in the char.lgp you wouldn't see any change, you need to alter the flevel.lgp as I mentioned here.
If we got a new MakouReaktor and the Reunion is released, I would like to open a new topic for script changes/improvement.

... but is there an easier way to do this than cutting and pasting your files from the many folders they are distributed in that come with your package?

I need the the structure to have a better overview about the models, and it's easier for a person who creates an installer (like Bootleg or the Reunion).
For testing you could put the models you want to use in direct/char (don't forgett to set the direct mode to on in Aali's driver).

My one complaint as far as their anatomy is concerned is the way Cloud's knee bent when he came off the train in the opening scene. Looked like it was painful.

Altering animations is heavy working, I try to fix some if I could, but this task is too much for a single person.
We need more who start working with Kimera. I guess I will write a basic tutorial for Kimera someday (middle of summer or late summer)

Oh and it's a bit unclear which folders are options and which need to be installed,...

OK, I got it. I will make a 'ready-to-import' package ;D

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2013-05-31 14:28:37 »
Don't use CLGD, I had made a mistake.

Edit
Wasn't so bad. Only some wrong data. For the moment you can install CLGD, but make sure to install AAAA at last.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-31 14:36:53 by Kaldarasha »

Rjenyawd

• A bowling ball, dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2013-05-31 19:24:00 »
Hey, Kaldarasha:

I just wanted to take a second and thank you for all of your work. This entire project is fantastic, and the amount of time you've put into it all, to make a quality product, is really stellar. ^_^ ((I'm patching the new update into my game as we speak!)

As a note of interest: I was having the same issues as 'Template' above. A few of the NPC's seem to be missing half of their faces. (off the top of my head: Biggs, Wedge, and Turk!Vincent for sure.) Interesting to note though, is that when I tried installing your "UMC-Complete Replace" ((as opposed to the individual packages)), The heads displayed fine. THAT really threw me for a loop. 

I'm not using Aali's Custom Drivers. I'm just direct patching the files into the lpg. I wonder if that is effecting anything?

Anywhoo: Your work is still glorious, and I'm enjoying every second of it!

Thanks again!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2013-06-01 09:23:42 »
You guys are right, there is something odd with the models. The strange is that these models are fine in my char.lgp, but are corrupted in the package. I fixed them again. A new UMC package is in construction and thanks to that I find some mistakes I had made, so an update of the UM is a must, too.
In the meantime I have done some tests with Cloud to re-enable the transparency. Everything seems to work except for the face texture. I have tried several things to fix this, but nothing seems to work. However, I haven't tested all possibility I knew. My plan is only to fix Cloud and Sephiroth, because it seems to be more complicated as I thought. Cloud and Sephiroth are the only models which are transparent in more then one scene and having a complicate fade in and out script. For the rest it should be enough to fix them through the script solution I have mentioned on the second page. If DLPB doesn't have done it in his Reunion mod already, I will upload patched scenes and all you have to do is to import them with MakouReaktor in your flevel.lgp.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2013-06-01 11:38:42 »
It's done!

Ok there is a smal issue, because I have to seperate the face texture from the head, you could see the face through the head if the transparency is on. There is simply no way to merge them without getting another problem.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-01 14:44:48 by Kaldarasha »

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2013-06-01 14:40:14 »
Sieht sehr schön aus :)

Wie hast du das mit der Schriftart hingezaubert? o.o

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2013-06-01 20:21:19 »
UMC2.7z

Unshaded-Models-1.61.7z

At the moment I have fixed the transparency only for the original style Cloud.
The UMC is direct mode ready, all you need to do, is to place everything in the direct folder.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2013-06-01 20:35:03 »
These are so fantastic. What's the difference between the 2 packages? One for direct one for LGP injection?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2013-06-01 20:57:32 »
The difference is, one has every model separated in its own folder (UM - Unshaded-Models) and the other has them merged, so you don't need to pick them out manually (UMC  - Unshaded Models Compilation).
Still, the UM has more opportunities to chose from.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2013-06-03 10:01:52 »
Still testing new UMC... have yet to find a problem lol

I guess if I were really really gonna be nitpicky I'd say the Shinra Guard model, the dopey guys that get rocked at the train station after opening movie, the tops of their boots poke out of their coats.

Also I had a question, is it normal if you choose a cloud field model with sword that he will appear laying in bed and such things in cutscenes with a sword on? I couldn't remember this issue, but it seems a logical problem.

Hmmm, I'm going to try to see if it can be solved using your other set of files with more options.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-03 10:34:21 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2013-06-03 10:53:39 »
The problem with the legs is known, the problem is that I haven't designed the guards with the new Idle animation.

Most people seem to prefer the model with the sword on his back, so I build it this way (the worst cutscene I remember is Zacks death scene....).
You could use the UM for fine tuning, simply replace the Cloud model with the one from 'AAAA - Cloud Without Sword' and the world model with the corresponding swordless model.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2013-06-03 13:11:56 »
I cannot really explain how much I'm enjoying playing through with this giant set of beautiful new models Kaldy... it's brought new life to the game. As an example, I really like the new Cloud with dress model. It brings out the comic relief object of the Wall Market/Corneo sequences. His arms are perfectly Cloudish and unfeminine and the model has an overall androgynous appearance, if you will, while it still has that authentic ff7 old school quality. Totally refreshing. His face is necessarily obscured and I think it's just a smashing example of your work.

The first missing model I have run across in my recent build/playthrough is Hojo's assistant we see just before meeting Red XIII first time. He has a bad goatee that is, at best, patchy. I think this is the old PRP model. Not sure. Is it possible it's only missing from the UMC release and I can find it in the bigger set of files you provided?

Thanks for your time and patience. 

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2013-06-03 14:25:07 »
No, I haven't done it yet. In the UM is an Excel file where you could see, which model is done by who. I haven't even reach the have of the characters. :'(

Google was a big help for Lady Cloud:

However my favorite is Bugenhagen...

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #124 on: 2013-06-03 22:28:14 »
Don't "feminize" Cloud anymore... pleasssseeeeee!!! :D