Author Topic: FFVII, Dialog boxes background color  (Read 4305 times)

Red46

• View Profile
FFVII, Dialog boxes background color
« on: 2009-03-13 09:19:52 »
Hello all, I have recently re-installed FFVII on my computer. My system specs are as following:

Intel Q9450 2.66Hz
4GB ram
Hd4870 512MB
windows xp 64bit

Final fantasy VII runs perfect, FMVs are smooth, backgrounds looks as they are supposed to, the game does not crash nor hangs. My problem resides elsewhere, the dialog boxes. Whereas on my old computer the dialog boxes/menus background used to have a pretty smooth transitioning between all the different shades of blue, now that's not the case anymore. The transition looks awful now, and on every menu/dialog boxes, you can see some huge diagonal stripes in different shades of blue.  This is an image for better show what I mean
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5713/backgroundq.png.

I've tried to search in the forums, however I was unable to find any thread/post were this issue was discussed. If someone would be able to help me out or point me to a possible fix, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
Re: FFVII, Dialog boxes background color
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-13 12:03:19 »
try installing the hi-res patch. but install the 1.02 before you do. :mrgreen:

Red46

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-14 02:56:42 »
I did that, however the awful looking menus/boxes still remain, thanks for the help tho.

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-14 13:38:27 »
okay there's only one thign i can think of, and i'm really no expert, but try downloading a software renderer and make sure to apply it on ff7 config. or even adjust settings on ff7 config.

Red46

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-14 16:01:19 »
I kinda sorted it out from myself, if I do apply a 32 bit patch, then the background boxes will display properly, however the 32 bit patch ruins movies. So what I ask myself now is, how my previous video cards (that I was not using the 32 bit patch with) were able to correctly renderer the boxes background, well guess it's one of those question without an answer, thanks a lot for all the help again!