Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 330097 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #425 on: 2011-02-05 13:15:41 »
Guy on youtube has a problem:

Hey, uh...I don't know if you guys will reply since this stuff is old. But! I get a freeze when I bring Aeris with Cid to Corel during the Trains. After he rides on to train, it freezes. something about "peek" not found. Do you know what it is? I use to be able to use her there without having the patch when it was released. Maybe she does appear, but will hang? =)

Has anyone else encountered this error?

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2011-02-07 02:58:09 »
nope mine worked perfectly fine there.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #427 on: 2011-02-10 21:15:54 »
Everytime I try to extract the actually changed files from your field.lgp and try to repack my lgp after I replaced some files in the hardcore mod, it essentially fries the entire .lgp to hell
LGP tools finds so many errors, I don't even want to count them.

In this, I tried
leaving the files compressed /decompressed, putting them together with the compressed / decompressed ( I didn't mix types ) files of my hardcore flevel.lg and repacking
extracting the files from your flevel.lgp and using the 'replace' function of LGPtools to do what I wanted to do and replace the necessary files without extracting

Both methods cause irreperable errors. I more or less am giving up on playing this now because the hardcore mod simply adds more to the game

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2011-02-10 21:16:56 »
Ouch. Harsh.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #429 on: 2011-02-10 21:32:36 »
Yeeeah, with a little reverse box thinking I got the idea of trying to use your field.lgp as basis to patch it with the hardcore mod.exe

The main problem there is that I have to actually unpack the lgp, fix it with the update ( you could have uploaded a v2 by the way... ) and then repack it and then patch it
and apparently, that breaks it again

are the files from the update.rar actually compressed or decompressed?

also, when I patch your flevel.lgp with gjos patch, there are 700 area files. a clean flevel.lgp has 701 area files

trnad_53 was missing, but thats a debug only scene, right?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-10 21:52:43 by KuugenTheFox »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2011-02-11 04:22:48 »
Don't use LGPTools, EVER.  Use LGP/UnLGP

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #431 on: 2011-02-11 16:26:40 »

I take your word for it but I have yet to see an actual explanation for that
Also, someone ought to REMOVE the outdated and fail stuff from the wiki page / tools

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2011-02-11 16:34:20 »

I take your word for it but I have yet to see an actual explanation for that
Also, someone ought to REMOVE the outdated and fail stuff from the wiki page / tools
Serious updating is needed all over the wiki. I would do it if I had wiki access.  ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #433 on: 2011-02-11 17:20:38 »
On that note, there is no LGP/UNLGP tool in the tools sub forum.
Nor is there a link on the wiki.
Awesome to recommend a tool just to not link it
found it via search anyway, but my point stands
Also, meteor apparently can't open the files I get from using unLGP and I don't know any other tool that lets me edit the frequency of encounters. Mako Reactor doesnt, at least.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-11 17:30:09 by KuugenTheFox »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2011-02-11 17:55:51 »
Is your point that I helped you, else you would have continued using a faulty program?  Good, then you're welcome.   Also, it is in Tools.   Way to be a winner.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #435 on: 2011-02-11 18:00:56 »
if you mean THIS
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9460.0
that MAY BE the same tool but it's clearly named differently. way to miss the point.

And sorry, but your 'faulty' program at least allows me to edit the files with Meteor while LGP/UNLGP does not.
And now, it's not because the lgp is corrupted. I tried unpacking a clean flevel from a clean install, same result.

And so far, you 'helped' me with telling me to use LGP/UNLGP exactly zero. The problem mentioned earlier is the first time ever I had a problem with LGPtools.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2011-02-11 18:11:19 »
I haven't quite read all of what has transpired, but lighten up a bit Kuugen. He is only attempting to help you solve your problem, you don't need to get angry at him.

As for the program itself LGP/UNLGP is superior to LGP tools because LGP tools has a tenancy to corrupt the LGP files, or maybe it was just the Magic.LGP, I am not entirely certain. As for your hardcore scene, have you actually tried using the UNLGP program to unpack the the flevel file and then recompiling it with the LGP binary? If not, you should. When I modded FF7 I had a lot of trouble with LGP tools, and the LGP and UNLGP tool made by Aali made all the difference.

Again, I haven't touched it in quite some time, so I may not have my facts straight.
And there was another one that I used, that worked. Not the installer made by sithlord48, but just the files produced by aali, using batch files to run them. And the reason we don't link you to it, is because we don't want to go searching through the forums to find it, we merely point you in the right direction so you can you use the search function for its intended purpose (Even if the search function has been faulty lately...).

But, again we are only attempting to help you, you shouldn't attack us because our results aren't satisfactory... It's not like we're being paid.
When it comes down to it, if you have a problem you really have to learn how to fix it yourself. We are here to help you along the way as a modding community, but you can't rely solely on us to fix all of your problems.

Thanks,
Mendelevium

« Last Edit: 2011-02-11 18:15:58 by Mendelevium »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2011-02-11 18:15:25 »
Ya, I think I know your problem. LGP Tools decompresses the levels, and the update ones are compressed. So you've probably combined types.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #438 on: 2011-02-11 18:23:05 »
First of all, I am not attacking anyone, I just dont sugarcoat my words

Secondly, the discussion already moved past the point of where I need to repack or unpack LGP files. I managed with LGP tools after I used a clean flevel.lgp to unpack, unpacked aeris.lgp, patched aeris.lgp with the update, patched the clean flevel.lgp with the patched aeris.lgp, patched the now patched lgp with the hardcore mod
works wonders
and all with LGP tools.
The problem now is that while he claims the program is faulty, his so-called better alternative has less functionality than what I use, so obviously I am gonna say "THANK YOU SO MUCH". Because it actually hasn't helped me ANY.

And there is really no way to 'learn how to fix this by myself' in this case because this is a point where information is limited. Meteor gives me literally nothing beside the usual "not a valid field file" when I try to other a field file from the lgp  ( or the whole lgp for lulz )
I can guess a thousand reasons why it doesn't work and have no way of ever knowing what it truly is.

I do seem to have found the problem. Meteor can only open decompressed area files. Which LGP/UNLGP does not produce nor can I find an option for that.

edit:
There is no more problem. LGPtools has the option to decompress but usually I left them compressed. Like I explained in this post, I managed to merge all the LGP files fine now. Works without any error now.

What is now to do, is to figure out a way to get the uncompressed area files back into a compressed state. Because to my experience, trying to create a LGP out of uncompressed files messes up everything.

Also, I don't even see how LGP.exe is supposed to work since dragging a folder on it or dragging area files on it both results in nothing. Most likely because the files are decompressed.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-11 18:26:41 by KuugenTheFox »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2011-02-11 18:39:29 »
Glad you solved your problem. However, that still doesn't make it right to insult us for TRYING to help you. Even if we don't succeed. You came to us, not the reverse. This is a modding community. I can't claim to be any expert, as my knowledge is very limited as well.

And suit yourself, I am not going to tell you what to do, I was just giving you a suggestion based on my past experiences. And his "claims" are true, what good is functionality if the program corrupts files?

This is a lot of trial and error, we can't know what specifically is wrong with your files, so YOU ARE VERY WELCOME, we are merely trying to help.
Even if we haven't succeeded, which we have obviously. Maybe not me, maybe not Bear, but your problem has been solved, it was a group effort.

Again, I am glad you solved your problem :).

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2011-02-11 18:46:19 »
My lgp/unlgp tools do not decompress files because thats not part of the LGP format. You'll have to get another tool for that.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #441 on: 2011-02-11 18:48:53 »
I have solved ONE problem and am now faced with another.
Which brings me to my next point: you seem to read someone elses post. Not mine.
Because I didn't insult anyone. I never called names. I only said he didn't help me while he claimed he did. Thats not an insult. You need to learn that this isn't the sesame street. Communtiy yes. Old lady teaclub? No.

And I have, as I said, only ever encountered a problem with LGPtools this once and never before and I did my fair share of unpacking and packing. Believe me. What good is a program that can unpack a file if I can't do anything with the unpacked files?

And my problem was solved by my OWN trial and error, which actually was completely outside anything anyone in here has said.
You seem to argue with me just for the sake of arguing right now. So far, I solved my problems myself, but I am asking because there just MIGHT be someone actually helping before I do so. LGP/UNLGP so far has not helped me because I am already past the point where I simply needed to unpack / repack compressed files.

The problem right now is to find a way to repack decompressed files into a working LGP so I can actually use meteor since it's a giant hassle to use a hex editor to adjust the encounter rates.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2011-02-11 18:54:36 »
Which brings me to my next point: you seem to read someone elses post. Not mine.
Because I didn't insult anyone. I never called names. I only said he didn't help me while he claimed he did. Thats not an insult. You need to learn that this isn't the sesame street. Communtiy yes. Old lady teaclub? No.

My memory might be going a bit funny in my old age, but I seem to remember that you have been in trouble before because of your aggressive posting style. I can see you getting into trouble again at this rate. Not sugercoating one's words does not have to be the same as being rude.

There's a happy medium between the extremes of an "old lady teaclub" and the way you're posting at the moment: it's called "being civil".

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2011-02-11 18:59:49 »
Kuugen, you might want to try not being a douche bag.  I, like everyone else, realize that you are much higher and mightier than everyone else, but it must be awful lonely up there on your high throne.    Do you normally respond to help with an attitude?   If so, it could be a sign of a personality disorder you may want to get checked out.   

/offtopic 

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #444 on: 2011-02-11 19:04:23 »
I still don't see why I should be grateful for something that hasn't helped me any.
Since I don't think that there's anything gonna come out of this discussion ( beside people arguing about my personality ) I'm just gonna leave it at that. Have to find out myself how to make use of Meteor to edit stuff and repacking it into the LGP without messing up the entire LGP. Because Meteor only opens decompressed files for me.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2011-02-12 10:44:50 »
Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, someone else has a problem

Hey, I also have the same problem. But I dunno if there were any newer updates to the patch that can fix it? But, I get a freeze right after I receive the "Ultima" Material from the little boy, and Aerith doesn't appear with them as well in Corel? She's invisible when they come back after from the trains, lol. ^^

Anyone else ran into this?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #446 on: 2011-02-12 15:05:59 »
If you have a save for me at that point, I can test it, but my nearest save is like 10 hours away from that.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2011-02-14 15:24:33 »
Gonna whack a v3 up soon. It'll be a full lgp with the new animations,  and possibly a full char.lgp with them included. Hopefully it'll be more noob proof.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #448 on: 2011-02-14 16:45:44 »
well there isn't much you can do wrong with a single .lgp file
but then again....

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2011-02-14 19:25:42 »
Here's a very important question:

Is anyone having trouble with Battle Square? Some guy said he ends up fighting Jenova life, then Ruby Weapon. It shouldn't do that, I didn't touch Battle Square at all.