Author Topic: new chocobo  (Read 35132 times)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
new chocobo
« on: 2008-12-01 16:12:36 »
Okay, this was made because i was getting tired of looking at the same old chocobo day in and day out, so I turned it into a car!

If anyone likes this, I can post a link to it once I fix the chocobo minigames models and animations.

Any criticisms is welcome and appreciated, also, suggestions for any other transportation changes will be considered and more than likely done if anyone has any, regardless of how silly or inappropriate.

link - http://qhimm.zoomshare.com/files/goodies.rar
« Last Edit: 2008-12-24 17:57:59 by kuroda masahiro »

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
Re: new chocobo
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-01 16:36:32 »
Hows about replacing Highwind with a shinra chopper :evil:
[cool actually, i liked the motorcycles better but still...]

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-01 16:41:14 »
Well, the chocoycle is usable, all anyone have to do to change between these is just change the .p files since the animations are the same for them. (also some people like cars better, personally I like the motorcycle better)

hm, the shinra chopper, alrighty, I'll do it, the field or battle model? (and any other ideas for replacements? one time I made the highwind into a flying tree.)

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-01 17:22:15 »
:P that's cool and fresh, haha. i wish i could make the bike for cloud.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-01 20:07:42 »
You HAVE to post a video of the cars dancing out in the corral.   :lol:

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2008-12-01 21:21:43 »
Are their battle/race models changed as well? Am I going to be throwing greens to a car so it won't run away? :D

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-12-02 03:12:49 »
The battle model is changed, although before getting any more screens, I'm wanting to finish the chocobo minigame versiom, and so far the only thing keeping it down is the rider animations, it just feels unnerving for some reason to have them dart all over the place when the car is simply puting along.

what about the BABY CAR!?

originally there's a baby chocobo, and cloud says it looks cute... now there's a baby car and Cloud says it looks cute! XD

Alrighty, I'll post a vid of the dancing cars (and also the cars everywhere) when I finish the chocobo minigame version (and get camtasia back on my comp since its finally working again)

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-12-02 07:04:46 »
riding around some red13's would be cool as well. :P

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-02 07:40:25 »
......THAT IS AWESOME. I am SOOOOOOOO going to do that! (does it now)

EDIT: drat. the EASY way is out of the question. simply saving it and changing the animations has red XIII being below ground, whihc makes it look like you're riding nothing. (sigh) although i will tweak and work on it since that seems too good a idea to not finish, lol
« Last Edit: 2008-12-02 07:49:57 by kuroda masahiro »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-12-02 09:24:56 »
This passes as the most random thing I've ever seen since reading about the FF7 rumor of going to the moon and fighting Cheese Weapon.

I like this!  Keep it up!  Now I've been inspired lol!

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-12-02 13:26:32 »
:O what rumours were you reading!? the unofficial way to fight the cheese weapon is by breeding a silver chocobo by getting boxer (a goblin) to join you and use his special nuts to breed 2 gold chocobos that both won exactly 9,999 races and lost 5 B ranked races, then using the silver chocobo, go under midgar zaloom's swamp and you can fight the cheese weapon, just so you know!

just for fun, I might change the world map town models into the towers off Alexander and the hell house differently coloured (and places like midgar be things like the minataur's shield with LOTS of towers on it, yes, i have too much free time)

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-12-02 23:04:56 »
Both would be fun!
and... as much as I hate to ask... how about that evil SP? or the TB could become the Gelinka!
[and how do you get Boxer :wink: , and I've beaten the Chocobo Weapon! :mrgreen:]

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-12-03 05:06:32 »
First, I have no idea what a SP is, and 2nd, i already change the gelinka with the TB (image is in my last thread, but i'll post it again)

well, you can get boxer by fighting enemies on goblin island, there's a 0.5% chance of finding him, but he has 9,999 HP and can 1 shot anyone with his 'mega goblin punch', and after you beat him, you're taken to a screen like the one with yuffie and correctly answer his three questions (no one got past the second one apparently!) then he'll join you and he uses Tifa's weapons.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-12-03 16:07:49 »
Sorry... I ment Vice Versa [TG to Gelinka]

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-12-03 16:51:49 »
Looks interesting, but i prefer chocobos. They are better than machines. =)

I would love to see the Ragnarok (FF8) or even the Invincible (FF9) as the airship in FF7.. Flying with the Invicinble, that would be the best. =D Isn't it possible to modify the skin of the Highwind to the skin of the Invincible?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: 2008-12-03 16:54:49 »
Highwinds the wrong shape. altough its possible, if a new model was made. i'm replaying FF9 now, actaully, so i may take up this challenge :D

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-12-03 17:12:57 »
Highwinds the wrong shape. altough its possible, if a new model was made. i'm replaying FF9 now, actaully, so i may take up this challenge :D

Ah. :( Maybe you could reshape the airship. :P I saw the tutorial with the FF7 to FF10 Adamantaimai, so i guess it would be possible. A lot of great people here. Sadly i don't have 3DS Max or Photoshop. <_<

Would be great if you can create such a wonderful patch! The Invincible = my favourite airship!

I am thinking about changing the model of Vincent (no, not cloud's..) to me (battle model), but.. without the programs & without the knowledge... >_>

Anyway, great work with the cars. Lol.

burnloungaz

• www.burnloungaz.synthasite.com
    • View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #17 on: 2008-12-03 17:17:00 »
so are any of these vehicle mods downloadable? they seem neat. i could use some good car breeding.lol.

how it would be to race a restored 1997 ford chocabo with power steering and an auto updating gps.lol.

lorddolor1989

• only thing a man needs is the love of a woman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-12-03 18:05:33 »
Why don't you remodel Hardy Daytona to look like Fenrir?Or Highwind looks like the Shera (FFVII AC) or the Ragnarök (FF8)?
and then release it!

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-12-06 18:20:14 »
okay in the last few days I was completely and utterly depressed, and ddin;t really feel like living, however, I decided to make a mod for Barret I never saw done before, introducing, Guardian Barret!

...yes i know the upper legs on the field are meant to be a diff colour, i changed it after taking the pic and right now i'm not really in the mood to take the pis again, any requests mentioned in this thread will be done, but once I actually feel like living, on a unrelated topic, 8 inch kitchen knives are not supposed to go in your right foot.

from what I see that needs to be done....

chocobo/motorcycle:
Fenrir
Red XIII (probably probably going to be more trouble than its worth to get all the riding and movement animations lined up)

Highwind:
Ragnarok
Invincible

Tiny Broncho:
Gelinka

also, I notice i don't see any for the buggy or sub!

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-12-06 18:25:56 »
Highwind:
Ragnarok
Invincible

Tiny Broncho:
Gelinka

also, I notice i don't see any for the buggy or sub!

Looks nice.^^

Definitely Invincible! Although i would choose the Ragnarok too.. Both are great. =D I mean, i even like the Hildegard (german name for the airship of Cid - FF9), but.. the Invincible is the best till now. :P Too cool.. =)

Don't like the Gelnika. :/

Hmm... Sub maybe the Dolphin that helped Cloud with getting to Junon.. Buggy could be a ...uh.. Don't know. :P Maybe just some kind of car, or so. :P But i like the Buggy.

Don't want to say what you should do next, but..

Invincible, Invincible! :D

Ashurathedemon

« Reply #21 on: 2008-12-07 22:39:57 »
cool i was thinking may be a motorcycle  :-D i think it would look cool

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-12-13 12:21:20 »
Okay, I'm going to start some more of the transport changes.

the dolphin was already done, but what about this?

chocobo - motorcycle thats edited to be like the fenrir

buggy - car with a top on it since it'll look haunted if its open top and no one is in it, or maybe the pickup truck. (or maybe another tank)

highwind - Invincible (going to have to be creative with this since there's not much to use as a base, its a sort of blimp looking thing)

TB - Gelinka if i can find the field model of it since the world map file is just a texture basically.

and for now, some screens of weapons.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-12-13 18:13:08 »
Wow, looks great. If i would know how to create weapons, i would create a scythe. Ever dreamed about that..

Would fit to a nice gothic Aeris also. :P

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-12-13 19:09:17 »
gothic aeris?     that would be priceless