Author Topic: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)  (Read 60057 times)

rattamatt396

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)
« Reply #50 on: 2019-03-11 19:10:55 »
Understandable. Ive been talking to him on other forms and honestly I dont think hell even bring RO6 or RO7 to the 7H catalog. He seems biased towards his own mod tool. I refuse to use anything else but 7H. Now that being said it might be convenient on and easy for the user but it might be an awful tool for developers. I dont know I am not a developer all I know about developing are the basics in python 3. If he adds it then good if not oh well ill probably play it sometime down the line somewhere else or watch a playthrough of it. Im glad 7H is under maintenance again. 

rattamatt396

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2019-03-11 19:14:23 »
I just wish some modding developers wouldn't hold their work above our heads like a person holding a piece of bacon above a dogs head just teasing us while having a sense of superiority over us because of their knowledge and skills.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2019-03-11 19:51:21 »
I haven't been active here all that long, but I've noticed that the folks actually doing the heavy lifting take a great deal of pride in their work, and don't generally subscribe to the "Release early, release often, and let the users find our bugs" mentality.  That DLPB doesn't want to officially support 7H is totally his call, and EQ2Alyza not wanting to spend the time picking apart the Reunion mod before it's "Done" to make it 7H-compatible is very understandable (we've all got lives outside our hobbies!!).  Does that mean the two of them will bust out a keg (or three) when Reunion's totally finished so it can be included?  Probably not, but that's where other community members can offer up some of their own time for the benefit of all.

rattamatt396

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2019-03-11 22:17:39 »
Yup that there personal choice. Ill play it eventually but more than likely not on 7H. And yep we all have our hobbies but we all have our own lives too (I just got back from work myself tbh lol) I should dig deeper into learning programming. I'd love to make some mods for this game and for this community.

youffie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2019-04-01 05:29:00 »
Hi everbody !
First of all, thanks you for all your amazing work ! 7th Heaven is incredible !

just a question, I'm on 1.56 but everytime I try to update I get an error inside 7th Heaven.

I came here to download it manually but the only link i found is the mirror link in the update description and that send me to a page about buying cloud services . . .
Any way I can get the update somewhere manually ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2019-04-01 13:07:43 »
If you're using 1.56rc7, drop back to rc6. 

youffie

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2019-04-01 23:30:27 »
I'm using the version from Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Modding Tutorial, it says it's 1.56rc6 !

Where do I find the right version ?

Also the more I add and remove Mods, the more SLOW the game is when loading and changing scenery and entering battle, etc. . . is this normal it's almost unplayable, I have to wait between 6 and 15 second between each screen ???
« Last Edit: 2019-04-02 01:16:02 by youffie »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2019-04-02 03:00:41 »
Also the more I add and remove Mods, the more SLOW the game is when loading and changing scenery and entering battle, etc. . . is this normal it's almost unplayable, I have to wait between 6 and 15 second between each screen ???
Under \Workshop\General Settings, make sure that the direct and music (and potentially other) folders aren't listed about fifteen bazillion times.

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2019-04-06 16:35:48 »
Under \Workshop\General Settings, make sure that the direct and music (and potentially other) folders aren't listed about fifteen bazillion times.

Oddly, this happens at random for me, and several times, when I open it, it doesn't make more, it's a strange glitch, I'll give it that.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2019-05-17 22:04:57 »
hello there, guys. I just remembered that there was this post for the updates of the catalog of 7th Heaven Mod Manager and I wonder if I could make a request that's going around the mod Battle Models - Weapons mod that is already in the catalog and that has the issue with Mike + Millenia option of the mod.

I wanted to ask if I could request that it gets updated with the Iro I modificated to fix the Issue. I oppened a topic about this and managed to end up fixing it and the steps to fix it are there as well but I can always send the Iro to be uploaded to the mod's Catalog and perhaps save others the problem of having to figure out how to fix them. If the answer is Yes just lemme know if I should post the Iro over here too or if I should PM it to you.

But if You have already fixed the issue then no problem, I was just asking ^^ just sorry for sticking my nose around hehe ^^'

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #60 on: 2019-05-17 22:17:49 »
Sure thing. I'll download it from the other thread.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2019-05-17 22:25:03 »
ok then ^^ Thank you so much. For this and for the 7th Heaven in general if not for it I would've stuck with just installer mods and probably have to do a ton of reinstals of Final Fantasy VII in the future hehe.

So yeah, thank you for all the hard work ^^

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2019-05-25 03:16:30 »
Is there any way to run the game with the downloaded mods, without launching it directly through 7th Heaven? For example, if I could use 7th Heaven to download, install and setup the mods and then just launch the game directly through it's exe file. The reason I ask is that although the game works perfectly under wine (on Linux) and 7th Heaven seems to as well, it crashes when attempting to launch the game through 7th Heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2019-05-25 07:59:27 »
7H is an injection tool. It loads your activated mods into memory and releases them when the game closes. Files in the game folder are untouched.

You can download the mods from 7H and use the IRO creation tool to unpack them. Then install the mods manually and launch from the game folder. You have to know the file structure of the game very well to do this though.

blackbutterfly

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2019-06-05 08:24:07 »
Hello
This is my first post, so thanks to all the people who did these mods. It’s awesome!
One thing that I find annoying on the pc version of ff7 is the names used for the input keys, in my opinion they don’t make sense, especially when you play with a gamepad. Somebody made a fix for the vanilla steam version. I would love to do that by myself for the Beacause mod but the files are encrypted… that would be great if you can add this feature in your next release.
By the way, in Junon before the Dolphin game, Barret says: “We need to get to the districts above. MEBBE we could scramble up the support…”

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2019-06-16 09:54:34 »
Is there an approximate ETA for this new Catalog?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2019-06-16 11:56:33 »
Nope, but close. Your patience will be rewarded :)

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2019-06-16 17:20:28 »
7H is an injection tool. It loads your activated mods into memory and releases them when the game closes. Files in the game folder are untouched.

You can download the mods from 7H and use the IRO creation tool to unpack them. Then install the mods manually and launch from the game folder. You have to know the file structure of the game very well to do this though.
This would be nice if someone could tell me how to do it because i have the problem that some mods i applied f ex weapon lgp dont work if i use the 7th exe to launch the game and i dont know how to fix that issue

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2019-06-22 07:13:51 »
Just for information but will the new catalog have the ninostyle battle and field models?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2019-06-22 07:57:27 »
Yes.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2019-06-22 08:54:07 »
I plan to go through some trouble shooting for the Story mod to make it playable at least.  Fine tuning will be done when possible so get hyped for that as well.

Snake2208

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2019-06-24 06:34:17 »
Hi EQ2Alyza! I've been here since the Titeguy3 Remix times and have not been active in a long time but I've been using 7th heaven and I love it!!! Thank you and all the team so much, here's for the next update and catalogue!  :mrgreen:  :wink:  :evil:

I had a few problems (1.56RC6) and didn't found a clear answer but I kept tweaking and manage to fix it, I'm going to describe the issues and how I fixed them in case someone asks:

#1: tried to install it like in the guide but the movies folder didn't worked, I always needed the disk in order to play movies (even if I selected a path in 7th heaven), so I saw the logs and find out that the path that the game seek was E:\ff7\movies (it didn't ask me for a movie path), turns out since I used the 1998 disk and not the blank one, it registered that path without asking, and even if I reinstalled I could't change it, so I just searched that path on regedit.exe (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII and another one) and changed it to the correct one, voilà it worked!

#2: After #1 it played perfectly... and then Windows 10 updated to 1903 :P sooo it stopped working, it just stayed in a black screen, the log indicated an internal error but no other info, so I unpached and repatched, same problem, reinstalled the game with same config and same thing, so instead of looking for the problem I reinstall the whole thing completely only saving the mods/7th heaven folder so I don't have to re-download them... well that didn't worked, the game launched but activating any mod crashed 7th heaven  with an oops error (even while deleting all the 7H files plus cache), by deleting the mods and downloading them again worked.

Hope this helps someone

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2019-07-16 18:36:45 »
The current 7H NT can run with MO, but the ff7_mo.exe provided in the game converter changes the starting stats. I have the updated version with the correct stats, but just waiting on some free time to convert it to hext for injection with the next 7H update.

Where do I get this correct version please, since I have been waiting 2 years for the new 7th heaven catalog which still isnt here, I dont mind just manually copying an exe in place but I see nowhere to download it.

To me the advantage of 7th heaven is a way to mass integrate collections of small mods (not the big mods you seem excited for).  One of these advantages would be the catalog would be updated often to reflect additions and updates.

If this is overwhelming for you then I volunteer my time for doing catalog updates assuming someone can be taught on the process on how to do it, I dont know how many people use the 3 big mods, or if they like me and just use a bunch of smaller mods together. If this is a no and you just want to manage it yourself then please at least provide the fixed menu overhaul exe thank you so I can at least start using that (as well as others waiting for it).
« Last Edit: 2019-07-16 18:48:07 by Chrysalis »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2019-07-16 19:17:34 »
#2: After #1 it played perfectly... and then Windows 10 updated to 1903 :P sooo it stopped working, it just stayed in a black screen, the log indicated an internal error but no other info, so I unpached and repatched, same problem, reinstalled the game with same config and same thing, so instead of looking for the problem I reinstall the whole thing completely only saving the mods/7th heaven folder so I don't have to re-download them... well that didn't worked, the game launched but activating any mod crashed 7th heaven  with an oops error (even while deleting all the 7H files plus cache), by deleting the mods and downloading them again worked.

Hope this helps someone
Ahh, gotta love Windows updates.  Re-run the game conversion tool, and choose "Overwrite" when asked at the beginning.  That generally clears up a good 90% of Microsoft's bungling of things.  If you run the registry key wiper beforehand, it'll also give you an opportunity to use the dummy ff7_disc1.iso and re-define your program and movie paths.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2019-07-16 23:37:42 »
Where do I get this correct version please, since I have been waiting 2 years for the new 7th heaven catalog which still isnt here, I dont mind just manually copying an exe in place but I see nowhere to download it.

To me the advantage of 7th heaven is a way to mass integrate collections of small mods (not the big mods you seem excited for).  One of these advantages would be the catalog would be updated often to reflect additions and updates.

If this is overwhelming for you then I volunteer my time for doing catalog updates assuming someone can be taught on the process on how to do it, I dont know how many people use the 3 big mods, or if they like me and just use a bunch of smaller mods together. If this is a no and you just want to manage it yourself then please at least provide the fixed menu overhaul exe thank you so I can at least start using that (as well as others waiting for it).

There's a lot more being done for Catalog 3.0 than just the 3 big mods. It'll release by the end of August, but perhaps sooner if the work goes smoothly. Everything is already mapped out, so it's just a matter of going down the list and getting it done.

You can help by compiling the files for any mods you want to see in the Catalog and sending me a download link for them via PM. It then needs a final check before it gets passed into the Catalog, for obvious organization and copyright reasons.