Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328442 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
[FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch
« on: 2010-05-15 20:34:08 »
CURRENTLY UNCOMPATIBLE WITH REMIX PATCH/HARDCORE MOD

No steps needed to revive her, she's already there in your team. Check the notes section for glitches/more information.

Should be easy to put together. Compile the flevel lgp with Aali's tools, Unpack Char.lgp and add in my new stuff and replace the Kernels -  Only replaces the Umbrella with new weapon, gained through new side quest. If your not interested, then you don't need to use them. You CANNOT, REPEAT, CANNOT mix and match Kernels and scene.bins. Things will go mental.

You NEED to add the new models and animations from me, otherwise the patch won't work in some parts. In fact, you won't be able to finish the game.

Sorry to be a bit cheeky (as I've posted a similar post on another thread) however does this patch work with the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project? Thanks all.

It does, yes. My new model is only the HRC, so it'll still load any new models you put in char.lgp.

Notes

*If you apply the patch after the Forgotten Capital/The Funeral, you will manually have to unlock Aeris using Black Chocobo. I only added one check straight after she dies.

*Vincent's theme may play during her funeral. No idea why, but it's not much of a problem. Will get fixed eventually.

*During the final battle, you will have to sacrifice one character if you want Aeris in one of your 3 teams. The game is limited to making two teams of 3 and one team of 2. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-22 15:52:54 by ultima espio »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch, born again
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-15 22:26:50 »
I've read about someone replacing Aeris as the main character a long time ago. Really looking forward for your work!! However when I think of the flashback of Cloud and You'll have Aeris with Zack instead. Hmm maybe it will be kind of a love story with Zack protecting Aeris until Midgar. haha Good Luck dude. :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-19 13:04:57 »
I've read about someone replacing Aeris as the main character a long time ago. Really looking forward for your work!! However when I think of the flashback of Cloud and You'll have Aeris with Zack instead. Hmm maybe it will be kind of a love story with Zack protecting Aeris until Midgar. haha Good Luck dude. :)

It was probably me, I've started and stopped this a few times, and done it in a few ways.

...Is anybody actually interested at all? I bet it would be interesting if I imported a new model, seems thats all anyone cares about nowadays.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-19 13:48:13 »

It was probably me, I've started and stopped this a few times, and done it in a few ways.

...Is anybody actually interested at all? I bet it would be interesting if I imported a new model, seems thats all anyone cares about nowadays.

so basically this is a ressurect aeris patch?? sounds kool :D how will she actually come back though

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-19 14:21:14 »

I am quite interested!! :) And yeah if you import a new model it would be much greater too. :D

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-19 14:33:24 »
I bet it would be interesting if I imported a new model, seems thats all anyone cares about nowadays.

Hey, that's not true! I also care about imported new field and battle backgrounds, difficulty mods, and translations! :P

To be honest, while this mod would be cool, I probably wouldn't use it, simply because Aeris's death is one of my fondest memories in gaming.
Just wouldn't be the same if she didn't die, ya know? That sounds kinda horrible doesn't it haha.

That's just me though, I bet others would love this.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-19 16:26:59 »
Would this be automatic? like she just isnt taken out of your party selection? or will there be a trigger.?

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-19 16:31:21 »
I like how it sounds. The more controlable chars, the better !  :-D

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-19 16:32:20 »
You wont need to do anything to get her, she'll just be there. All you need to do is put her in your team, and away you go. She will appear in most places that the whole team appears at once in, for example she is on the Highwind in Tifa's spot before you play as Cloud, then after she moves near Cait Sith. You can also talk to her if you want, she doesnt say anything interesting at the moment though :|

Some places, such as when Sephiroth sends you to NibelHeim in the crater, dont work. She just stands still ???

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-19 18:00:59 »
Well I'm interested.  I've accepted that she's supposed to die, but it's nice having another character choice to play as.  Keep it up!

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-20 05:36:44 »
Are you going to re-work the videos and event scenes so that she doesn't actually die in the story too?
That would be neat!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-20 06:17:50 »
Are you going to re-work the videos and event scenes so that she doesn't actually die in the story too?
That would be neat!
Obvious solution is to cut the video short so that Cloud doesn't lay her to rest. Then leave her in your party with 0 HP. Needs a phoenix down.

refoopseman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-20 06:19:39 »
This is interesting but will be hard because ultima espio will have to mod pretty much most of the flevel files. Anyway Ultima how are you planning to do with the Forgotten City scenes? The one when Sephiroth kills Aeris and the scene with Bugehagen before Diamond Weapon will screw up madly if Aeris is alive. I think it will be the hardest part of this project. I don't know how to insert Aeris back into the party but I can add Aeris models into specific flevel files such as inside Highwind, Sector 8 Underground or the final Northern Cavern, if you need my help.  :)  

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-20 09:31:16 »
This is interesting but will be hard because ultima espio will have to mod pretty much most of the flevel files. Anyway Ultima how are you planning to do with the Forgotten City scenes? The one when Sephiroth kills Aeris and the scene with Bugehagen before Diamond Weapon will screw up madly if Aeris is alive. I think it will be the hardest part of this project. I don't know how to insert Aeris back into the party but I can add Aeris models into specific flevel files such as inside Highwind, Sector 8 Underground or the final Northern Cavern, if you need my help.  :)  
Yeah?? Are you going to edit the field model there too or you're going to swap someone like caith sith or you'll not change anything just revive her and see her in the highwind??

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-20 22:45:05 »
That would be neat!
Obvious solution is to cut the video short so that Cloud doesn't lay her to rest. Then leave her in your party with 0 HP. Needs a phoenix down.

if you figure out how to make a scene, you could always do a sudden "OH MY GOD, SHE'S BREATHING" scene, then go through the rest and get rid of references of her death

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-21 00:02:23 »
I think you should use the Aerith's ghost scene in the return to the church to trigger her return to the party. IMO it's the most logical place to find her and explain why she has returned.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-21 01:34:09 »
I think you should use the Aerith's ghost scene in the return to the church to trigger her return to the party. IMO it's the most logical place to find her and explain why she has returned.

yeah, like the lifestream won't accept her yet.... or something :P either way, it could mean finally shutting up the aeris ravers

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-21 02:05:59 »
Seconded.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-21 05:50:59 »
Well yeah this is the best scene to have Aerith return to your party. Damn forgot about that one.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-21 13:57:30 »

Sounds real hard :P

Problem is, that could backfire, since you see the "ghost" as early as when Tseng kidnaps her, so if you've done that first, she'll end up in your party while you go to save her, and then later in the game you wont be able to get her back because the ghost will be gone.

And, i've already programmed stuff in for her straight after her death, in fact, i had her present at her own funeral at one point (long gone now though) So if i programmed that scene you suggested, all that programming i've done just goes out the window. Since you have to be playing as Cloud on Disc 2 before you can get to the church. So really i have no idea how i could explain it, other than just making her appear :P

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-21 16:47:53 »

Sounds real hard :P

Problem is, that could backfire, since you see the "ghost" as early as when Tseng kidnaps her, so if you've done that first, she'll end up in your party while you go to save her, and then later in the game you wont be able to get her back because the ghost will be gone.

And, i've already programmed stuff in for her straight after her death, in fact, i had her present at her own funeral at one point (long gone now though) So if i programmed that scene you suggested, all that programming i've done just goes out the window. Since you have to be playing as Cloud on Disc 2 before you can get to the church. So really i have no idea how i could explain it, other than just making her appear :P

or mod the burial scene somehow, cut it short or something, and have it something like "OH MY F**KING GOD, SHE'S ALIVE,  BREAK OUT THE ELIXERS AND LETS PARTY!!!"

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-24 17:35:47 »
You know what might be a good idea, if you can include a selection screen as to whether or not she is revived.

Maybe something like
{Cloud}
Aeris...
>I can't believe she's dead
>Wait... she's still breathing!

This way the patch can be applied to everyone's game, but you can choose whether or not you want her to be revived.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-24 17:38:41 by obesebear »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-24 17:56:50 »
maybe something like, you have to go back to the alter to talk to her, and she joins you again. I think that *might* work. The problem lies in how i'm actually gonna code that though :P

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-05-24 18:09:37 »
Nice!  Well I think Makou Reactor is coming along quite nicely, maybe it won't be too hard.   I'll be here for moral support

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #24 on: 2010-05-25 02:40:46 »
me to man, this patch will be the awesomeness of awesometown, so i support this all the way, and i may not know about coding, but i can always give storyline suggestions