Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251736 times)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #125 on: 2011-06-26 02:29:23 »
It doesn't fit. It looks out of place.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2011-06-26 03:15:14 »
Comic Sans has earned a bad reputation for multiple reasons:

1. There are far superior comic fonts available, many of them free.
2. It is often abused. It's a playful font, and it hurts to see it used for things like company memos; I'm just glad it's not showing up on foreclosure notices and legal documents so far.

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2011-06-26 04:03:34 »
*rolls around* Its saturday night and I really wanna play x.x Anyhow it is sounding like it needs some more fixes and work before release so I am guessing it will take a few more days before release. I will wait until next weekend for this xD. Anyhow I hope everything goes smoothly with the testing and creation of the installer.

If possible, I would be perfectly fine with a few imperfections. A release of the installer as is right now would please me. But if I were in your shoes I would be waiting until it was perfect so I am not expecting that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2011-06-26 04:41:05 »
Yeah it is almost there now.  I have been testing a lot and fixing a few issues.  Little niggles...  Installer is already built really but release M001 will be bare bones compared to 002 where I include FeliX graphics and 9999 patch etc.

This one is just gonna be the basics. I am almost ready to start finalising this release now.  I got distracted by Harry Plinkett.

It is more than ready for a first release.  Sorry to keep you waiting.

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2011-06-26 04:48:08 »
Sweet then ill stick around tonight and look forward to playing FF7 x3

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2011-06-26 05:58:57 »
The thing that's causing me to spam this thread to look for update is that i forgot to backup my stuff before i threw this mod in (the 245 release iirc). So I've just been waiting for the actual installer to be finished to fix the things that weren't done yet.

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2011-06-26 06:02:48 »
^Unlike you I have no reason other than boredom.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2011-06-26 06:30:57 »
Installer is ready now.  I will test it when I wake up and then post it.

Up to now, new exe has 10918 changes over original.  Might give you an idea of the work involved...
« Last Edit: 2011-06-26 07:11:17 by DLPB »

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2011-06-26 10:43:26 »
Sweeet! Glad to have this news. Grats on all the work. Hope the testing runs smoothly and enjoy your sleep.

Dinfevo

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2011-06-27 20:58:53 »
DLPB, one question.
Would this work for both PC & PSX Version? Or only PC version?
By the way. Excellent Job :). Hop this can be compatible with PSX Version.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2011-06-27 21:00:50 »
Not PSX-Compatible. Sorry.

Dinfevo

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2011-06-27 21:39:30 »
well anyway, good Work :).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2011-06-27 22:27:13 »
Nor can it be, completely different how the game works but why would anyone want PSX now when PC game has far surpassed it?

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2011-06-27 22:32:20 »
Nor can it be, completely different how the game works but why would anyone want PSX now when PC game has far surpassed it?

only reason i can think of would be the PSP...  :P
looking forward to the release.. rly impressive work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2011-06-27 23:23:20 »
Well look forward no more because the first release is FINALLY here.

Menu Overhaul Project M001

Things to note:

1.  There may be small alignment issues.  I know of a few already but please note anything you find a problem.

2.  I now use my own modpath "DK" (DLPB & Kranmer).  If you have other mods in another modpath, obviously you will have to copy the relevant files to the new modpath.  The new modpath is not deleted if you uninstall.

3.  This mod should have absolutely no problem with any other mods, with 1 exception.  kernel2 holds text and I have included a replacement option.  If you want to keep your current kernel2, do not check this option and make the following changes:  D.blow > D.Blow and next level > Next level.  In future I may get someone to create a patcher for this which looks up the correct pointer.

4.  Always read the readme (the one from the archive NOT installer).  The game backs up your original files in "BACKUP-menumod" in the game folder. 

5.  You are likely to get false positives with this installer and mod if you have antivirus turned on.  I do not get an issue with nod32.

6.  Do not install this on retranslation project or on an already edited exe using the older menu mod project.  If you have installed on the older Menu Reconstruction, run uninstall from old menu installer and try to install menu overhaul again.  If you have run on the retranslation project, run the uninstaller of both

Known issues:

- Possible crash in Materia Exchange menu. I think I sorted it... but let me know!

- Dialogue text scrolling is broken.  I will be looking into it.

- Aali's driver has broken the fade out AND the critical hit flashes which appear on screen.  That;s his bug and problem :P

« Last Edit: 2011-06-28 01:51:58 by DLPB »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2011-06-27 23:26:51 »
Non-valid URL Dan!!!!!!!!

Did you really have to edit while I was posting?

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2011-06-27 23:47:51 »
Installed and running. Looks Amazing. Not used to the camera angle but will get there fast. Also sort of used to having a HP bar but I think thats something I can like as well. Otherwise it all looks godly. Thankies!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2011-06-27 23:48:29 »
Camera angle?  I didn't change that??

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2011-06-28 00:11:12 »
I just re-read the readme and it says to make sure to install Team avalanches GUI first. Is that optional or nessisary for this mod to run? Also the camera Angle thing I am testing to assure its actually different.

EDIT> K so it did not change, I am just really not used to it being top down lol. It decided to want to be sky view for a battle and I was like eer k. Anyhow Its working great.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-28 00:13:54 by robolink »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2011-06-28 00:15:15 »
I just re-read the readme and it says to make sure to install Team avalanches GUI first. Is that optional or nessisary for this mod to run? Also the camera Angle thing I am testing to assure its actually different.

EDIT> K so it did not change, I am just really not used to it being top down lol. It decided to want to be sky view for a battle and I was like eer k. Anyhow Its working great.

That's old.  I have updated the installer.  read the readme which came in the actual archive you downloaded.  This mod does NOT need TA, it comes with all relevant files, some of which ARE from TA

I still do not understand your issue, perhaps a screen shot?
« Last Edit: 2011-06-28 00:51:52 by DLPB »

robolink

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #145 on: 2011-06-28 00:51:25 »
Wierd. Dunno where I got this other read-me from. Anyhow I have no problem. I just havnt played FF7 is a while and its got random camera angles depending on where you are and one of them was a really high up angle. Thus I thought you modded it but you did not. I am gravy ^-^

PS> Just curious, how interested are you in the original FF7 layout overhaul part of this mod? As well as the other layout? I just figured most people would start on the original and release others later, I love this layout im not complaining but I love to play around with options so I am just curious where your priorities are so I know what to look forward too.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-28 03:06:44 by robolink »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2011-06-28 01:04:15 »
1st of all thanks for sharing the patch, awesome work!

so far only noticed 2 small problems, here they are:

1st one is on the load game menu

on the played time, instead of 09:30 as it would normaly show, it shows 009:30 (not a big deal but i guess u might want it fixed :p)

the other is on the menu

the "Next Level" bar seems a bit too much to the left

that's all i found so far, everything else looks simply amazing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2011-06-28 01:06:37 »
1.  The new time can reach 999 hrs, so that is intended.

2.  I can't explain that.  Did you use blackchocobo or some editor thats buggered the next level bar?

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2011-06-28 01:12:54 »
1.  The new time can reach 999 hrs, so that is intended.
Can you set it like the in-game timer, where it only shows the tens and hundreds place if there's a number there? And can you make it show the seconds? Sorry to be picky. :p

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2011-06-28 01:14:23 »
Showing the seconds would be really picky not doin that. Showing first number, only when there are 100 hours, I can probably do at a later time.

Also..  Start a new game and see if that next level bug persists.