Author Topic: FF7 7th Heaven Issues.  (Read 15126 times)

Jvms20

• View Profile
FF7 7th Heaven Issues.
« on: 2015-10-28 18:38:16 »
So I've tried to post on the actually 7th Heaven thread but I can't find the help I need so that being said....

I've recently gotten the 7th Heaven mod manager and I've downloaded all my mods and activated some of them in the correct order according to the thread. Problem is what when I press launch game and it goes to the menu screen, I can't move the hand cursor to press "NEW GAME." I tried to press the numbers at the top of the keyboard but nothing and the directional pad doesn't work either. When I ran the game converter and it asked me if I wanted the patch for the num pad I pressed yes so I'm not sure why this is happening. I've done this so many times already and nothing is working. Also I noticed that when I booted up the game, the mods weren't even working because I have the mod for the background and main menu to be replaced by different textures and it didn't even change it at all. Someone please help me with this I bought the pc version just to I could mod it and its been two weeks of hell trying to figure out how to get it to work. I don't want to be ignored I just want someone to help.

EDIT: I downloaded the Laptop Keyboard patch manually since Game Converter doesn't work properly. I've booted up the game and everything shows my mods which gives me a bit of relief but I still cannot use all the functions on my laptop. And the Menu background mod still isn't working. When I played I couldn't even get past the screen where you rename Cloud because I couldn't go all the way to the right to press select to move on with the game. Cloud also cannot run anywhere, he walks instead and I don't know how to get him to run. The only keys that work are the directional buttons on my laptop (Up, down, left, right), and the "Enter" button. Nothing else works.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-28 19:20:23 by Jvms20 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Controller / keyboard not working with 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-28 19:17:31 »
Inquiries related to 7th Heaven should go in the respective subforum. That said, your issue seems like an issue with a specific mod (I would guess the numpad patch, but that's merely an uneducated guess), rather than the whole package. I've gone ahead and renamed your thread title to be more descriptive.

-Vgr

Edit: Judging by your edit, I am very inclined to think that the laptop keyboard patch is to blame. Your edit also undid my own edit to your title. Oh well.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-28 19:26:13 by Vgr »

Jvms20

• View Profile
Re: FF7 7th Heaven Issues.
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-28 19:23:39 »
Sorry about that and yes I am sure it is with the num pad patch too. I've since manually installed it myself and now I can get past the start screen but I still cannot run or press any other function other the the directional pads and enter therefore I cannot even pull up the menu.

Jvms20

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Controller / keyboard not working with 7th Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-28 19:54:15 »
Inquiries related to 7th Heaven should go in the respective subforum. That said, your issue seems like an issue with a specific mod (I would guess the numpad patch, but that's merely an uneducated guess), rather than the whole package. I've gone ahead and renamed your thread title to be more descriptive.

-Vgr

Edit: Judging by your edit, I am very inclined to think that the laptop keyboard patch is to blame. Your edit also undid my own edit to your title. Oh well.

Haha yeah sorry about that as well. But I fixed the problem by plugging in a ps3 controller with a USB port. I can't play on the laptop without it though and I really think there needs to be a fix to that but the controller is much easier to play with so I'm not complaining. Everything is working correctly and I knew that the fault lied within Game Converter's "patch." Btw, on a totally unrelated topic what do the "likes/dislikes" on here mean? I liked your reply but does it do anything or is sort of like a facebook "like?" Just curious, never seen it before. :o

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-28 20:35:25 »
The Like/Dislike button are the karma. You see it says I currently have 26 karma, and that increases when someone clicks Like, and decreases when someone clicks Dislike. It's a way to show that you appreciate someone's contribution and/or answer.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-28 22:33:32 »
I just want to chime in to say that the 7H Game Converter from STEP 1 of the tutorial is not at fault. I noticed you took some advice from Kaldarasha on using a non-7H version of the Game Converter, so at that point I can't help you since it does not do the proper setup. Your issues beyond that point are all on trying to setup the game manually when you're unfamiliar with the process.

Kaldarasha showed that he uses a pirated Steam version since he gets the "source files not compatible" message, which makes me a sad panda :(  I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubbles, but if there is one thing we must all stick to, it's never to break our policy on piracy here. I couldn't bring myself to continue support after he steered you in the wrong direction.

The best thing you need to do is follow the FAQ section at the end of the tutorial on how to properly Uninstall mods from the 7H menu. Once you do that, look at how to clean your registry keys. Then be sure to run the 7H GC from STEP 1 as admin and go from there. It works 100% when done right, but you've written so much about manually setting up at this point that I don't have the time to go back and pick it all apart. It would be best to just start from the very beginning at a fresh install of the game.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-10-28 23:31:04 »
Thank you EQ2Alyza for explaining that to me. At first I believed I was either a nuisance on your thread or you really didn't have time (which I understand BTW) to assist me and therefore I thought maybe that's why you weren't saying much to me which I know it sounds silly but it got me a little discouraged to be honest. (Both could be true and I don't blame you, I am annoying IRL sorry) I did not know that Kaldarasha was playing a pirated version I just thought he had the same problem as me. I figured out most the stuff on my own but it was another user on your thread which helped me with the laptop patch issue and I can now play the game normally though I will most likely run into some issues because as you've said to me now I'm not running the mods under a proper set up which will more than likely cause me to rage quit in the future.

@Vgr thanks for the explanation I was right to press "like" then :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-10-28 23:43:07 »
No, no, no...no one is a nuisance to me ;) I just moved to Japan last week, so I've got A LOT of adjusting to do. My time here is limited to mostly just reading before bed time or heading out the door. I'll eventually settle in and be able to get things done that need to be done for 7H.

To be fair to Kaldarasha, I don't think he plays on that Steam version. He's German, so I bet he owns the originals to that language. He has been an amazing contributor to modding the game, especially with his models project. I was just a tad sad to see he got that message, that's all :(
« Last Edit: 2015-10-28 23:44:54 by EQ2Alyza »

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-10-29 00:08:26 »
Haha yeah I understand you must be very busy. And that's awesome that you live in Japan, traveling to Japan and learning the language is actually on my bucket list. :D

And I like Kaldarasha's models, I'm using them for my game. I don't really care if he pirated the game its none of my business anyway. Thanks for helping me, perhaps when you're more settled in I can go to you for help if I need it (I most likely will, I'm a lost cause lol) thanks again!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-10-29 16:56:48 »
No, no, no...no one is a nuisance to me ;) I just moved to Japan last week, so I've got A LOT of adjusting to do. My time here is limited to mostly just reading before bed time or heading out the door. I'll eventually settle in and be able to get things done that need to be done for 7H.

To be fair to Kaldarasha, I don't think he plays on that Steam version. He's German, so I bet he owns the originals to that language. He has been an amazing contributor to modding the game, especially with his models project. I was just a tad sad to see he got that message, that's all :(

I pirated the game at one point because I owned the original ps1 cds, the psn download, the 2012 squeenix website download and their customer support screwed me over because apparently the download service they were using was sketchy and had some securom bs as well as a 3 download cap, when my laptop crashed and I had to get a new one I lost access to my email and the download code for the website and they couldn't or wouldn't help me. So I got so frustrated that I pirated the game, but when I saw it come out on Steam a few months later I bought it there. The reason being we all need to financially support good games so that good games keep being made, voting with our wallets basically. So I'm glad you didn't automatically judge someone who had a pirate copy, I'm sure most of us long time fans have bought the game at one point or another, probably multiple times.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-10-29 19:56:14 »
I've read somewhere on these forums (I forgot who that poster is, but I think it was admin.) they said that in germany, it is legal to download copyrighted material even if you don't own the original. Its only illegal if you upload that said material. Now I believe EQ2Alyza stated Kaldarasha is from Germany therefore I don't even think what he did was illegal In his country :/ besides he probably has multiple copies just like I do. (I can't help it, I keep buying all versions of FFVII lol)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2015-10-29 20:47:19 »
Who is pirating here what?

I bought the rerelease two times.

...they said that in germany, it is legal to download copyrighted material even if you don't own the original.

There is no wildcard to download copyrighted material here. ;)

The problem was probably that I played around with the files a bit (namely the FF7.exe and AF3DN.P) to see if I could trick the game to work with 7th Heaven.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2015-10-29 21:04:13 »
Oh I see. Is that why the "sources not compatible" error showed up? I'm really sorry I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. I was just saying even if you did download the game it wouldn't have been illegal according to what the admin posted. And your suggestion in the other thread to use an older build of GC really did help me therefore I thought your error was because you were facing the same problems I was.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2015-10-29 23:50:30 »
It's just a simple file check for names of files that are associated with the most common downloads on torrent sites.

rld.dll
gameservices.dll
FINAL FANTASY VII STEAM VERSION.torrent
goodies (folder from Ultimate version)

These were added after the Steam version release, so I haven't even looked at what new torrents have been made popular since. How Kaldarasha gets this check, I don't know. He has been around before the Steam and SE Store rereleases, so I believe he owns legit copies. I wasn't trying to throw him under the bus in any manner :(

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2015-10-30 00:56:31 »
It didn't come off that way to me, hopefully he is not offended by this thread I only meant well. :/ My apologies if I did, Kaldarasha.

Btw, EQ2Alyza is it possible to keep my downloaded .IRO mod files after uninstalling 7th Heaven, FF7, and everything associated with it to start clean? Can I just keep them someplace else and when I need to reinstall 7th Heaven can I just place them back into my 7th Heaven folder? I'm not getting Battle Textures and Battle Models to show up properly in game though I thought I was so I think I need to start fresh but I don't want to spend hours waiting for my downloads again.