Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 528472 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #775 on: 2015-10-25 20:02:49 »
Okay so I've run into another problem. I'm running the game converter and Im trying to make it place the patch but the problem is when I press enter, the app hangs. It says "patching.." But it doesn't do anything after that. I've already downloaded and mounted the ISO file prior to this so I'm not sure why its not going.

EDIT: I don't think the Game Converter is working correctly. It keeps hanging on "patching..." whenever I confirm the installation path. I'm very frustrated right now -.-

I can't use it either. Whether my new installation from CD do work nor the steam version does. With the steam version it says that the source files are not compatible.
I have made a clean installation on Win10.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2015-10-25 20:33:06 »
So there's no fix to this? It went last time when I wasn't using the ISO file to be honest. It worked when I renamed a drive "FF7DISC1." I feel like this process is only complicated for me lol.

How did you get around this, Kaldarasha?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2015-10-25 21:20:31 »
So there's no fix to this? It went last time when I wasn't using the ISO file to be honest. It worked when I renamed a drive "FF7DISC1." I feel like this process is only complicated for me lol.

How did you get around this, Kaldarasha?

Here we go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9x9wu2pr8g8c4k/FF7_GameConverter_0.10.exe

The older built seems to work.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2015-10-25 21:45:28 »
You're right, it worked Kaldarasha thank you. I noticed all the problems I was having seemed to revolve around the Game Converter. Hopefully I can do this successfully now. Thank you again.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2015-10-25 22:03:49 »
Okay so now it's the 7th Heaven mod that's having issues. The weird thing was that everything i had before was already downloaded and installed in the mod tool so I don't know if it correctly uninstalled. I pressed deactivate on one of the mods and then I pressed active again and this error shows up:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Games\FF7\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\2838d002-b3d9-4a63-bfbb-2e74d06de8e7_Battle_Models___Weapons_1.0.iro'.
File name: 'C:\Games\FF7\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\2838d002-b3d9-4a63-bfbb-2e74d06de8e7_Battle_Models___Weapons_1.0.iro'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 300
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.GetModInfo(InstalledItem ii) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 831
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 746
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bActivateAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1087
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm guessing that means that maybe everything on the program is set from last time but the actual files aren't on my computer? I also keep getting an error when I first start up the program saying

"The following errors were found in your configuration: Extra folder C:\Games\FF7\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\music not found."

I'm not sure what to do from here.

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2015-10-26 00:04:34 »
EDIT:
I was able to figure it out, I had to run everything as admin.

QUESTION!

Are there any cheats for this?
« Last Edit: 2015-10-26 00:43:54 by CplDingo1987 »

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2015-10-27 02:52:28 »
EDIT:
I was able to figure it out, I had to run everything as admin.

QUESTION!

Are there any cheats for this?

I think there is. It's one of the mods you can activate through 7th Heaven. Though if you mean cheats in the actual game I'm not sure there is. But there are glitches you can take advantage of such as the W-item trick which works like a cheat.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2015-10-27 03:52:53 »
Nevermind I fixed the problem for now. If anyone else has the same problem I have, please delete the leftover 7th Heaven files from your AppData/Roaming folders. If you can't find it do a quick search of "7th Heaven" on your PC and you'll find all the folders related to the mod manager that your computer has kept and is therefore not having the program running correctly.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2015-10-27 21:33:13 »
Hmm....well I've got everything up and running but I can't even press new game. I'm supposed to be able to move the cursor with the little directional arrows on my keyboard, correct? Even so I'm not even sure if the mods are working. I can already tell somethings wrong with the mods since I got the menu- avatar and backrounds mod but my title screen wasn't even any different. Can someone please help me Out with this? I've been able to get by this far and that's an accomplishment for someone like me.

Edit: I still haven't been able to fix it. I can't even press new game. Why is this not working? I've redone this process so much and its frustrating that this is so complicated. -.- I've done the steps exactly according to what the video and the instructions say.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-28 03:48:05 by Jvms20 »

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2015-10-28 17:44:34 »

Hmm....well I've got everything up and running but I can't even press new game. I'm supposed to be able to move the cursor with the little directional arrows on my keyboard, correct? Even so I'm not even sure if the mods are working. I can already tell somethings wrong with the mods since I got the menu- avatar and backrounds mod but my title screen wasn't even any different. Can someone please help me Out with this? I've been able to get by this far and that's an accomplishment for someone like me.

Edit: I still haven't been able to fix it. I can't even press new game. Why is this not working? I've redone this process so much and its frustrating that this is so complicated. -.- I've done the steps exactly according to what the video and the instructions say.

Do you have a controller? I find a controller is way superior to the keyboard in this game.

However.... When setting up the converter do you select NO for laptop keyboard. I did and the directional buttons were the num pad .
Up=8
Down=2
Left=4
Right=6.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2015-10-28 17:54:38 »
What kind of controller would work? And how do I set it up to my laptop?

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2015-10-28 17:58:40 »
Also yes I did press yes for the patch to the keyboard since I don't have a number pad on it. But its still not working.

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2015-10-28 18:56:07 »
What kind of controller would work? And how do I set it up to my laptop?

Well I use an xbox360 controller. just...plug it in and go, at least that's how it worked for me lol.
BUT any controller with a usb connector SHOULD work, again just plug n play

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2015-10-28 19:25:04 »
I will try it thank you for helping. Thank you CplDingo1987 your suggestion worked and I can finally play the game with mods working. FINALLY. I gave you a "like" though i don't really know what that does lol but hey thanks again
« Last Edit: 2015-10-28 19:47:47 by Jvms20 »

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2015-10-29 20:01:23 »
is there problem with windows 10. I use windows 10 ı installed mods 2 times (2 times download too) but mods give me stop working so I turn back tifas bootleg.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2015-10-29 20:15:24 »
I use windows 10 as well and I've run into several problems but I don't think it has to do with the OS. How are they not working?

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2015-10-29 21:10:20 »
black screen and stop working are my problems.

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2015-10-29 21:23:46 »
Have you tried running it in Admin? I think I had the same problem and when I changed it to run in Admin, the black screen went away.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2015-10-29 21:37:22 »
tried. Maybe some later I will try but for now I use bootleg, by the way would you send any screenshot specially battle screen? Are you trying steam version?

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2015-10-29 21:48:39 »
Yes I am running the steam version and I'll send you a screenshot in a little. I'm currently modding my Sims 4 game :) lol

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2015-10-29 21:51:34 »
:) I am waiting. I play 193 hours ff7, 220+ hours ff8 :) and still I am playing, how long to play?

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2015-10-30 00:39:42 »
Sorry about the wait I had some issues with my Origin account and I had to get them all sorted out gaah >.< anyway, here's the screenshots. I don't have much mods running though and I still have to figure out a couple of things but other than that it's good.  :)

I use Kaldarasha's in game models btw. I like his :)

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2015-10-30 08:42:59 »
it's different from my saw. is it 7th heaven? I think not.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-30 09:17:22 by irienaoki »

Jvms20

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2015-10-30 21:22:49 »
You're right. I just realized that my mods aren't working correctly after all -.- oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to go back and redo everything.

ForgetfulGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2015-10-31 05:25:52 »
Sorry to bother, im really late to the party haha. I first used the Bootleg mods like a week ago before noticing in big, bold letters: "7TH HEAVEN IS THE MAIN THING NOW." So i uninstalled the game, cleared the registry, and did all the jazz, but when i use the game converter it just gives me a bunch of Access Denied messages and im not sure why. Any thoughts? I have the FF7DISC1 iso mounted and that worked fine for Bootleg. Is there another thing i should be using?