Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844668 times)

ToraCarol

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)
« Reply #1525 on: 2019-05-21 10:44:38 »
Thanks for the help Tirlititi, it works!

ps: while we're in argument of "battle trance model"...there is, so, a way to let temporary characters use trance mode, right?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-21 15:15:42 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2019-05-21 15:59:58 »
@Incinerator: I don't think that splines are imported correctly!
Triangularize the mesh before importing it. I think splines are not supported because there is none in the non-modded game and I didn't know how to handle them. If someone is expert in Unity serialized 3D models, he could explain how to handle splines.

There is no hard-coded polygon limit so I guess the problem doesn't come from there. There is no reason for the engine to discard big models if they are valid.

@ToraCarol: Yes, that's the main point of my previous message.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2019-05-21 17:48:42 »
@ToraCarol: Yes, that's the main point of my previous message.

Okay, great! I'll check closer the post later  ;)

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2019-05-22 00:26:32 »
Sorry I have another little problem, tomorrow I try to check again but if someone can help me for now, I'll be glad. So on Burmecia I'm in the "Zorn and Thorn event", but I don't know why for some reason it's freezing at the start, when Zidane comes in the Region for the event. I've tried to set the VAR_GlobBool_247=0 because if I don't put the variable in it freezing anyway, and if set to 1 Freya keeps walking randomly for some reason, but..it seems to not work. Have I to set "if" or something on the loop? I really don't understand :| The only thing I know is that before to put the variable the script worked! So it may be the reason..i'm not sure.

I'm sorry if i'm coming with silly problems like this but...sometimes I don't really know how to come through x"D

Ok guys, I've checked and solved...thank you anyway!!! 8)

I also want to say sorry for my oversight, yesterday I was on my phone and I haven't seen that TheHobgoblin asked about the temporary character-trance thing..and Tirlititi explained very well. So I'm very sorry for having asked a so obvious question.  :oops:

Just a thing, it's necessary to use DnSpy? And if so, where I have to go exactly? (I didn't used DnSpy so much, the only time I've used it was just for change the font  :roll:)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 13:35:42 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2019-05-22 15:56:26 »
Yes, it is necessary to use dnSpy (or mod the source code using Memoria, but that's C# all the same).

When I write about editing C# code (or CIL code), I write about classes and method with the format "class::method". That means that you need to find the class in the list shown by dnSpy and then find the method inside that class. Namely, the classes of interest here are "btl_init" and "BattlePlayerCharacter".

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 2019-05-22 21:01:54 »

I'm so so sorry to bother you again but this time I seriously don't know where's the problem. So in the end of the Zorn and Thorn loop, when Zidane move is enabled again, it looks like Freya doesn't want to follow him and stay in her place...so..why? I've tried everything but I guess i'm missing something..

Anyway when I change from one field to another, everything it's ok, so this just happen at the end on the loop, before to leave the field!

UPDATE: Another thing, on Memoria I want to make appear on the Field the first character of the Party, to control instead of Zidane..so I've tried to entry a new character for test, set InitObject (251) (TeamCharacter 1),  but it doesn't seem to work..Zidane still appears? Why?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24 16:54:56 by ToraCarol »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2019-05-24 16:56:00 »
I'm really sorry if I bother...now I'm trying to solve by myself the Burmecia thing..I think I can solve somehow...

Still no Idea about Memoria..can someone help? :(
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24 17:12:44 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1532 on: 2019-05-24 18:41:20 »
@Incinerator: I don't think that splines are imported correctly!
Triangularize the mesh before importing it. I think splines are not supported because there is none in the non-modded game and I didn't know how to handle them. If someone is expert in Unity serialized 3D models, he could explain how to handle splines.

I figured this may have been it!.
I've become triangulating the mesh, will need re-working, as I see spline are really not supported. I'm also researching the use of splines in Unity serialized models.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: 2019-05-25 15:26:03 »
@ToraCarol: It's not really possible to do that because not all the characters have the correct animations (like opening a chest or climbing a ladder).
"InitObject( 251 )" works only if there are script functions for the character. For instance, if Eiko is the first character, then the script must have a "Eiko_Init" function attached to Eiko's entry for "InitObject( 251 )" to work.
You can see in the "Edit Entries" window that there is always an entry for the player characters. It's just that they usually don't have any function linked to them.

In order for the player to control a character, it's something different: you need to use "DefinePlayerCharacter()" in the entry that you want the player to take control of (usually, it's in the "Init" function but it can be in another function if, for instance, the control is not given as soon as the characters are placed).

You don't bother me; it's just that I stopped modding so I don't answer right away anymore.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 2019-05-25 16:12:42 »
@ToraCarol: It's not really possible to do that because not all the characters have the correct animations (like opening a chest or climbing a ladder).
"InitObject( 251 )" works only if there are script functions for the character. For instance, if Eiko is the first character, then the script must have a "Eiko_Init" function attached to Eiko's entry for "InitObject( 251 )" to work.
You can see in the "Edit Entries" window that there is always an entry for the player characters. It's just that they usually don't have any function linked to them.

In order for the player to control a character, it's something different: you need to use "DefinePlayerCharacter()" in the entry that you want the player to take control of (usually, it's in the "Init" function but it can be in another function if, for instance, the control is not given as soon as the characters are placed).

You don't bother me; it's just that I stopped modding so I don't answer right away anymore.

Mhmhmh..maybe I'm missing something. So what I actually did for a test it was to "InitBlank", so I created this Init for him and then I've tried to put on the Main Init the "InitObject (251)"  ???
But it doesn't work anyway.. I've also added the  "DefinePlayerCharacter()"  thing.

I had to mention this before, forgive me!

Anyway, I was thinking about memoria because is the place where it needs less animation (like Hiza and stuff that are in common with all the characters, almost). And since is the last part of the game I thought it would be nice to create something like this!

And don't worry, you've been very helpful and I appreciate it! I want to say thank you for the help you gave me, also Incinerator too! Without you I guess this Mod (even if is not perfect) would never have been created!

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: 2019-05-31 21:35:13 »
What did you put in Blank's Init function?
It should look like the example I gave here for Beatrix (you need to change the position, the model ID and its animation IDs and add the "DefinePlayerCharacter" line).

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2019-06-01 10:44:34 »
Here, like I always did.. (in this case I've taken a few codes from Zidane init , but the model and animations are the right ones)

Code: [Select]
Function Blank_Init
    switchex 3 ( General_FieldEntrance ) {
    case 150:
        set VAR_GlobInt16_0 = 65390
        set VAR_GlobInt16_4 = 62586
        set VAR_GlobInt16_6 = 151
        set VAR_GlobInt16_2 = 937
        break
    case 152:
        set VAR_GlobInt16_0 = 117
        set VAR_GlobInt16_4 = 3048
        set VAR_GlobInt16_6 = 255
        set VAR_GlobInt16_2 = 65349
        break
    case 10000:
        set VAR_GlobInt16_0 = 64979
        set VAR_GlobInt16_4 = 65407
        set VAR_GlobInt16_6 = 64
        set VAR_GlobInt16_2 = 65321
        break
    default:
        set VAR_GlobInt16_0 = 65382
        set VAR_GlobInt16_4 = 62643
        set VAR_GlobInt16_6 = 0
        set VAR_GlobInt16_2 = 937
    }
    SetModel( 5467, 87 )
    CreateObject( VAR_GlobInt16_0, VAR_GlobInt16_4 )
    TurnInstant( 80 )
    SetStandAnimation( 5041 )
    SetStandAnimation( 462 )
    SetWalkAnimation( 5225 )
    SetRunAnimation( 5222 )
    SetLeftAnimation( 5223 )
    SetRightAnimation( 5224 )
    SetJumpAnimation( 5041, 9, 25 )
    SetObjectLogicalSize( 20, 20, 30 )
    SetAnimationStandSpeed( 14, 16, 18, 20 )
    SetHeadAngle( 96, 61 )
 MoveInstantXZY( GetEntryPosX(255), VAR_GlobInt16_2, GetEntryPosY(255) )
    SetPathing( 1 )
    DefinePlayerCharacter(  )
    EnableHeadFocus( 0 )
    if ( General_FieldEntrance == 10000 ) {
        SetObjectFlags( 14 )
        SetObjectSize( 12, 0, 0, 0 )
    }
    return
« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 10:48:35 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 2019-06-01 11:11:36 »
That seems correct.

1) You're using the Steam version, right? It doesn't work easily on the PSX version (though it should work if the animations are the standard ones).
2) Check that you added this function to the correct entry: it should be the 7th entry after Zidane's entry (for instance, if Zidane is the entry 11, Blank should be the entry 18). In particular, this "Blank_Init" function should be displayed below Zidane's functions.
3) In the "Edit Entries" window, check that Blank/Amarant's entry is properly set to a "model entry (2)". They are sometimes defaulted to "255" when they are not used.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 2019-06-01 11:58:06 »
UPDATE:
Nevermind Tirlititi, I've decided to solve in another way..let'see if works!
« Last Edit: 2019-06-03 09:18:10 by ToraCarol »

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 2019-06-02 12:43:05 »
http://skrinshoter.ru/s/020619/2MZxG20V?a
iso images http://zipansion.com/1va1s

Is there a guide to just transfer the translation from steam (memoria) to psx (hades)?
« Last Edit: 2019-06-02 13:04:05 by shikulja »

masagrator

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 2019-06-03 01:22:23 »
I want to extract moguri mod merged images. I've tried to use 0.40 0.40b (the second one looks like it has bugged Custom Backgrounds macro). And I can't unpack textures to properly merged images. Images are always mismatched. I've tried to apply macro, save mod, swap csharp and always it looks like it using parameter 32.

I was thinking of changing code, but it shows that I don't have wxwidgets. Yes, I used recursive git to clone.
Tried with vc2017 cmake and it shows that I don't have fbxsdk. Installing it resolved nothing.

Edit: ok, nvm. Solved it.  ::) Still I need to figure out how to properly export/import Backgrounds.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-03 09:13:00 by masagrator »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 2019-06-03 13:40:38 »
@shikulja: I don't understand what you want to do.
- Do you want to open the PSX files that were patched using RGR?
- Do you want to use a russian translation that is available for the Steam version and turn it to a PSX mod?
In the first case, it should work... maybe Hades Workshop bugs since a couple of versions so you should try with older versions of HW.
In the second case, it's not possible as I didn't write a script for converting a "Steam formatted text" to a "PSX formatted text".

@masagrator: So, I guess that you went to "File -> Preferences" to solve the first problem, which is what is needed to display and export modded backgrounds properly.
In order to import backgrounds, you need to go to the "Tools -> Background Editor". Here is a tutorial for using it.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 2019-06-03 18:49:18 »
@Tirlititi
I wanted to extract scripts and resources with text from pirated translations, okay, wait, when fix it, then I'll do it.

it's bad that there is no script for converting steam to psx, we have a good translation of leoris and its commands for steam in Russian, but for psx there is still no.
(insert all the text manually, this is just nonsense, and the chance of typos will be higher)
« Last Edit: 2019-06-03 19:46:50 by shikulja »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2019-06-04 11:25:15 »
Sorry Tirlititi, one last thing.
I haven't still found a solution about  Freya that stuck in her place after the "Zorn and Thorn event" instead of following Zidane, how can I solve?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 2019-06-04 14:41:30 »
What is the current script that you got?
There are two possibilities: either the loop enters a case where the script "returns" (which stops for good the script making her following Zidane) or you forget to set the safety variable back to its normal state (that's if the cutscene safety relies on a variable).

masagrator

• View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: 2019-06-05 18:07:46 »
Is it possible for app to generate textures like in original? 512x512, 1024x512, 1024x1024, 2048x1024, 2048x2048?

Edit: I've did it with imagemagick, but it looks like layers are slightly off. Is tool doing something that may mismatch layers without editing other files? Because Hades Workshop is showing it correctly.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/images/1559842050_4286950371.jpg
« Last Edit: 2019-06-06 18:45:51 by masagrator »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 2019-06-06 19:20:27 »
I don't see the problem with your screenshot.
Which kind of image do you want to "generate" (= extract from the game?) ?

masagrator

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 2019-06-06 20:08:06 »
I checked few of mismatches (table and piece of furniture have grey line around them)
https://i.imgur.com/CsFy43a.jpg

I'm trying to port Moguri Mod to original dimensions so I can use it with Nintendo Switch (screen is from there). I'm using parameter 32, original dimensions. Now I tried to check without doing any shenanigans, just downscaling extracted layers with imagemagick. I've created texture with tool, imported it and still they're there on PC. Hades Workshop shows it correctly, GIMP shows layers correctly.
I've tried 0.40 and 0.40b. Many tiles are few px off.
Edit:I'm trying now every version from 0.36b as 0.36 crashes.
0.36b and 0.37 looks even worse.
From 0.37b is exactly the same as in 0.40 and 0.40b.

Edit: It looks like even Moguri Mod has issue with mismatching tiles. Hmm...
Edit2: Is this a game issue (mismatching tiles) because of low precision? Because I see that wrong tiling has different offsets dependent on camera position...
« Last Edit: 2019-06-07 15:56:17 by masagrator »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 2019-06-08 11:06:22 »

What is the current script that you got?
There are two possibilities: either the loop enters a case where the script "returns" (which stops for good the script making her following Zidane) or you forget to set the safety variable back to its normal state (that's if the cutscene safety relies on a variable).

I think is the second case..the loop works correctly, it also finish with "loop"
I simply made here something like this...because I didn't have any idea of how to solve  :|

Code: [Select]
      }
            if ( ( IsMovementEnabled == 0 ) && ( General_ScenarioCounter <= 3820 ) ) {
                Wait( 1 )
                return
            } else {
                if ( ( IsMovementEnabled == 0 ) && VAR_GlobBool_247 ) {
                    InitWalk(  )
                    Walk( GetFieldExitX, GetFieldExitY )
                    return
                }
            }

While we're in argument I also want to ask you..I've tried on South Gate to make Marcus jump on the bridge after Dagger jumps, but I don't know why for some reason the Object "Marcus" moves but not read the "jump" animation, plus takes a little to go back in it's normal state..if you know what I mean. What I did is simply copypaste the same codes of Dagger and use them for Marcus (setting his Jump animation..obviously) and also added the script on the Region...so what's wrong?

Thanks as always if you can help

UPDATE: I was wondering..is there a way, somehow, to emulate a "Change Disc"? Like a save menu, and then an image appears like to change the disc even if it's not? (You know, like Game Over)
« Last Edit: 2019-06-10 16:24:55 by ToraCarol »

TheHobgoblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 2019-06-10 22:46:59 »
While we're in argument I also want to ask you..I've tried on South Gate to make Marcus jump on the bridge after Dagger jumps, but I don't know why for some reason the Object "Marcus" moves but not read the "jump" animation, plus takes a little to go back in it's normal state..if you know what I mean. What I did is simply copypaste the same codes of Dagger and use them for Marcus (setting his Jump animation..obviously) and also added the script on the Region...so what's wrong?

Thanks as always if you can help

UPDATE: I was wondering..is there a way, somehow, to emulate a "Change Disc"? Like a save menu, and then an image appears like to change the disc even if it's not? (You know, like Game Over)

Marcus's model might not have a jump animation as I don't think there is any point in the story that he jumps.
This sounds like the model moving, trying to execute an animation that doesn't exist, so instead doesn't do anything for the duration that the animation is meant to happen and then returning to the normal state.