Author Topic: HD vincent project!  (Read 45491 times)

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
HD vincent project!
« on: 2011-08-26 19:58:10 »
Hi all :) I decided to start modifying the Vincent battle model since no one else has made a model. It will take me sometime to modify his limits too...For now i would like to ask a couple of questions about how i should create him.. Should i base my model to the Dirge of Cerberus Vincent or keep it good and simple like in ff7 original??Furthermore, i know in a way how i will modify galiant's beast and chaos but the problem is with his other two transformations. What do i do with them ??? :S :S :S If someone else is interest in helping me make this happen to hesitate to say it :P I'm fairly new and all help will be appreciated :)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-26 20:00:43 by kicker »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: HD vincent project!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-26 20:12:02 »
Do as you wish, as it's you who does this. DoC can be ripped, but if you do so, you won't be able to put it here. You will have to model it from scratch.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-26 20:12:56 »
I'd say keep it as close to the original as possible.

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-26 21:15:03 »
i am not going to rip the model since it's prohibited :S Could i rip it and just compare the differences though? i'll make mine from scratch in comparison with the other always

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-26 21:16:46 »
You can. But it's buggy. It's somewhere on xentax.

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-27 11:26:41 »
Hmm. yes i tried looking for his ripped model but couldn't really find him. Most links i found were dead some other were with a vincent model for League of Legends. I did find though a link for vincent which was in pk3 format. Is this the one from Jedi academy?? I can't open it with blender and Biturn doesn't seem to recognize it and i can't convert it. The folder has 3 files Cerberus.pk3 Vincent_animations.pk3, Vincent_Valentine.pk3. Any ideas if this is the correct?? I'll try to look again in the web to find something that might be able to convert these into 3ds.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-27 23:50:06 »
First,  DoC can't be ripped.  Guys are working on it at Xentax, but it still hasn't happened.  2nd, the .pk3 one you found is indeed the Jedi Academy model.   It's pretty good, but truth be told is not all that great either.  3rd, if you search deviantart you can find a picture where someone drew Hellmasker in a more DoC themed way (I also posted that picture on here somewhere...maybe in the Vincent model thread..) And I'm sure you can find an updated ....frankenstein...picture as well.

Personally I'd say go with DoC style...I just like it more.   Either way, good luck.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-28 00:14:26 »
.pk3 is an archive format that opens with winzip/winrar/7zip etc, the models will be in .md3 format for which you'll need some Quake 3 engine model exporters/importers

Kίпg Ģµяµ

• Now in HD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-28 01:57:12 »
.pk3 can also be opened with a program called Pakscape. You can easily download it

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-28 02:14:50 »
First off, i shall expose that Vincent is by far my favourite char in all Final Fantasys, I usually don't understand why no model was made for this char (and released) so far, so this put, I'd say, go with DoC models. They are far more interesting and beautiful. I mean...

Galian Beast Limit Break  :o

Last Limit break  :o

The in between limit breaks, you can just update the style keeping the original concept (dead gigas and the chainsaw thing) although i really never understood the concept behind those two..

I think theres some info about Vincent concept arts and such in another thread, can't find it tho.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-28 02:18:18 by Nightmarish »

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-08-28 02:17:03 »
yes i read that they try to do so. that's why i couldn't find it. i have found already the artwork and i'm working based on those.Thnx for the info. I will download that program. if pk3 though could be opened with a winrar i could have done so already. It is showed as unrecognized format. Anyway. I've seen a couple of stuff avout the Quake 3 engine models exporters/importers and i'll try to get familiar with those too. You never know when they'll be needed. For deathgigas and hellmasker i'll try to base them on the frankestein monster and on the texas chainsaw massacre! i mean they are almost exactly alike!!And also i was looking into the qhimm forum about vincent model and some1 had modelled it. But there were some difficulties regarding it's size or model or something. I'll try to find again that person and contact it about onformation for the model. Vince is my fav char in all final fantasies also :P second is Noctis..
« Last Edit: 2011-08-28 02:24:30 by kicker »

Mike.S.N_310-X

• The Last Love Dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-08-28 10:04:05 »
You talk about this Vincent?

I remember .pk3 can be open with 7zip. and .glm can be open with milkshape
But i really like this Vincent more http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67108

fantasycloud

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-08-28 12:52:24 »
looking forward for the final model available for download

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-08-28 14:15:55 »

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-08-28 15:11:37 »
Yup it is really helpful. I got a lot of info from that site for the weapon models of vincent. But i won't do any work on his weapons just yet. Maybe someone else would be interested to do them though.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-08-28 15:12:24 »
FeliX Leonhart already started doing them.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-08-28 15:49:44 »
Hmmmm, bad thing that the weapons look kinda old fashioned (especially with the wooden parts).

FeliX Leonhart already started doing them.

I don't have time for Vincent weapons now, but it's possible that I'll remodel them near winter (next exams :P)

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-08-28 15:58:30 »
Felix i think i have seen the weapons that you made and i would like to make a suggestion to you. Why don't you try to modify some them and make them look like the weapons that vincent has on DoC????Just a suggestion only :P

« Last Edit: 2011-08-28 17:15:45 by kicker »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-08-28 18:42:24 »

and
« Last Edit: 2011-08-29 02:09:19 by Obesebear »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-08-28 22:16:04 »
Just a thought, if you kept it close to the original you could offer it to Team Avalanche to speed up the process :)

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-08-29 02:49:45 »
yep, keeping the work close to original is good, but seriously - guns need to look modern.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-08-29 12:06:36 »
yep, keeping the work close to original is good, but seriously - guns need to look modern.

Well, I dunno. I think they suit him, since he's been stuck in a coffin for god knows how many years. I bet he still has one of these babies too: http://tinyurl.com/2czqzb6

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011-08-29 12:14:46 »
Obs i liked those 2 pictures u sent :P When i start on his limits who knows!maybe i'll make them that way :P I want to say something else too. Just so that everybody knows, i'm knew at modelling and i'm not quite sure if i'll manage to pull this off. So bear with me and if anyone could drop me a tip or too about modeling, don't hesitate :P Furthermore someone should try importing the nokia ringtone replacing the ringing of the PHS xD
« Last Edit: 2011-08-29 12:17:28 by kicker »

kicker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-09-02 13:41:47 »
Wanted you all to know that i've started with my project and i hope i'll make it till the end. Here's a screenshot of my work so far.

It's kinda lame but with time i'll improve it. Feel free to comment it. xD
« Last Edit: 2011-09-02 15:18:47 by kicker »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-09-02 18:15:51 »
If you wanna jump to uv/texturing, i do have a 4-5k poly vincent model floating around... never got past the model :P

back when i had time to do stuff...