Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079257 times)

xlsound

gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #650 on: 2010-05-27 13:56:34 »
Hi there i've your patch working on psp(i think it is yours) but i haven't played it yet because i'm finishing the unpatched game so i've one question have you unlocked the ability for to catch the Knights of the round summon? because thats one my favorite summons and since this game is a lot harder you could at least unlock it and if possible make it less powerfull.

its just one opinion because i really like that summon not for the damage but for the sequence it does
« Last Edit: 2010-05-27 13:59:15 by xlsound »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2010-05-27 14:20:13 »
Wow this patch works for the psp?? Didn't know that. Can't believe it works. :)

xlsound

« Reply #652 on: 2010-05-27 14:34:47 »
if you google final fantasy VII hard mod psp you'll find lots of information about it..

but i'm not sure if it is this mode or a mod based on this one
« Last Edit: 2010-05-27 14:41:39 by xlsound »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2010-05-27 15:31:24 »
Hmm so basically the hardcore mod is the only mod applicable to the psp as of now??

xlsound

« Reply #654 on: 2010-05-28 09:14:24 »
I don't know, there are few's  tested, i already tested a translated game with Portuguese language also, you have to patch the ISO dumped from your Final Fantasy CD and patch it and next convert it to play in the psp.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2010-05-28 10:35:52 »
I think the hardcore mod you're talking about is not these one since it patches some files that are only in the pc version and the psp may have different kinds of files like in the psx. Instead of .lgp it uses .lzs. Not sure if its .lzs since I don't mess with the psx version but I'm sure it has different files.

xlsound

« Reply #656 on: 2010-05-28 10:52:07 »
Your right, i just make a little more research and the patch was made by Galen Myra.

* All enemies have stat boost and HP boost
    * DAMAGE BREAK IS BROKEN, MAX DAMAGE PER HIT IS 32000 INSTEAD OF 9999
    * Aps (boss) won't take damage from sewer tsunami
    * Gi Nattak (boss) won't take damage from healing items (i.e. cure, phoenix down, x-potion)
    * Elemental armors and accessories (water ring, fire armlet, etc.) will now take half damage instead of absorbing or nullifying. This prevents certain bosses (Jenova Life, Shizo, Jenova Death) from being too easy.
    * Goblin (monster) must be defeated to get Zeio Nut (cannot be stolen)
    * Vlakorados (monster) must be defeated to get Carob Nut (cannot be stolen)
    * Potion, Ether, and Hi-Potion are now more useful as they heal double the amount (only in battle)
    * Apocalypse (weapon) now have 5 slots
    * Schimitar (weapon) now have 4 slots

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2010-05-28 10:55:03 »
I wonder how he managed to edit the psp version. Maybe he could help sithlord48 since he's working a ps3 save game editor. Well I think its the psp is not the same with the ps3 but maybe he can help with sithlord48's research. Though I think he do not know of this forum. You know his e-mail??

xlsound

« Reply #658 on: 2010-05-28 11:03:28 »
well he made the patch for PSX version and someone converted those pacthed isos for psp..

I don't know how to contact him i saw also that that patch was released in 2007

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2010-05-28 12:01:29 »
2007?? That's probably ancient by now. Maybe that's why I never have come across something like that since its from 2007.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #660 on: 2010-05-28 13:32:08 »
Surprising. I always believed that eboots made from 'touched' KERNEL.BIN files just wouldn't work at all.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #661 on: 2010-05-29 21:52:21 »
hi,i am interested in your program but i cant use mediafire in china, for some reason is there any other way you can upload, hotfile,megaupload,maybe? my e-mail is [email protected]

Made a mirror. See 1st page.

Tljx

« Reply #662 on: 2010-05-30 20:28:02 »
Great mod.  This has made the game fun again.  I always felt this game was way too easy.  Been using it in conjunction with the remix patcher and am on disk 3 and I don't see Ruby Weapon roaming the coral desert.  Has that enemy been removed or am I just forgetting something that's supposed to trigger it (If I am, don't tell me what it is please)?

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2010-05-30 21:42:58 »
Great mod.  This has made the game fun again.  I always felt this game was way too easy.  Been using it in conjunction with the remix patcher and am on disk 3 and I don't see Ruby Weapon roaming the coral desert.  Has that enemy been removed or am I just forgetting something that's supposed to trigger it (If I am, don't tell me what it is please)?

yes you need to do something to trigger it.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2010-05-31 07:54:23 »
You need to blah blah blah something to make him show.

Tljx

« Reply #665 on: 2010-06-01 04:25:53 »
Alright, thanks for the info.  Just making sure I didn't waste my time trying to figure out how to trigger something that may have been removed.   

Soros

• View Profile
Re: gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #666 on: 2010-06-10 15:13:21 »
Hmm...just how hardcore is this mod? I installed it with the remix patcher and...whoa...I'm finding it pretty damn hardcore to be honest. Trouble is I look on youtube for people with the same patch and they don't seem to be having such a rough time...if you check on my post in the remix patcher thread you'll see I have a problem when running the "normal" mode (my first battle is replaced with an impossible fight with 2 goblins) ever since installing the patch....does this mean something's been messed up or is this patch really that harcore?
To give you an idea in the first battle the soldiers' machine gun attack does around 20dmg and the beat attack is about 40...I've seen people on youtube with this mod (supposedly) that are only taking about 5 or 6 per hit...and seeing as it's the first battle I doubt they've had chance to change equipment etc.

And if anyone has any idea how to fix my goblin problem that'd be great!  :roll:

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2010-06-10 19:50:20 »
To be blunt, this mod scares me.

I once decided "why the **** not?" and tried out my save file at mt. Nibel.

I remember fighting a seemingly regular dragon...but this wasn't just ANY seemingly regular dragon; this was the super-mega-awesome regular dragon.

it's regular attack did damage that well exceeded the damage cap (that is, if i hadn't have used the patch to remove it).

I remember thinking: "omg i'm only lvl 25(ish)! I shouldn't be dealing with an enemy that OHKO's every party member!"

of course, I understood that this type of battle was more of a 'numbers game' where i could just constantly use at least one member to attack, and one to revive. But it still felt overwhealming to have an ordinary encounter be so difficult.

EDIT: In case it seemed like I was looking at your mod as bad, I wasn't.

It just seemed Hard enough to the point where i'd have to put up enough of an effort that it would make it less fun for meh.

Maybe once i have the courage to try again, i'll post back. And my first victory will be against non other than that very same dragon. I'll have a backstory and everything where it will be the same dragon that killed me all those many months ago....

The Nibel Dragon is a "special" random battle; most of the enemies are nowhere near that hard (although they're much harder than they were in the normal game). gjoerulv put in a few special random encounters throughout the mod to spice things up.

Also, it's not a good idea to use a save from the middle of a regular game when playing the mod; you might be at a lower level than you would have been if you had been playing with the mod from the beginning and you probably wouldn't have an optimal materia and item setup.

Don't think it would effect me, seeing how I just finished disc 1 at lvl 70 no cheats and all materia to that point mastered(I used the junon alarm and ALL double equipment :) )

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2010-06-11 03:34:52 »
Hmm...just how hardcore is this mod? I installed it with the remix patcher and...whoa...I'm finding it pretty damn hardcore to be honest. Trouble is I look on youtube for people with the same patch and they don't seem to be having such a rough time...if you check on my post in the remix patcher thread you'll see I have a problem when running the "normal" mode (my first battle is replaced with an impossible fight with 2 goblins) ever since installing the patch....does this mean something's been messed up or is this patch really that harcore?
To give you an idea in the first battle the soldiers' machine gun attack does around 20dmg and the beat attack is about 40...I've seen people on youtube with this mod (supposedly) that are only taking about 5 or 6 per hit...and seeing as it's the first battle I doubt they've had chance to change equipment etc.

And if anyone has any idea how to fix my goblin problem that'd be great!  :roll:
Maybe you could upload a video about your goblin problem since as far as I know you're the only one having that problem.

Soros

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2010-06-12 21:55:50 »

Maybe you could upload a video about your goblin problem since as far as I know you're the only one having that problem.

Good idea, do you know of any free software I can use to do that? I've never tried to record a game before. I'd use a camera at the expense of a low quality video...but my camera died...which depresses me D=. Anyway, I digress, any ideas? Thankjs =D.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2010-06-12 22:14:56 »
Fraps, Camtasia etc.. Although you do not need to include the sound since it makes the video laggy.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2010-06-13 02:24:17 »
Benn trying this out and its great. Im lvl 26 right now in shinra bldg!

Soros

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2010-06-13 12:19:52 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hslZJZfCN6o

There's my goblin glitch! Sorry, you have to wait until toward the end of the video, feel free to just skip along there are no (noticable) glitches up until the first battle (like I said, sound problems in another thread, but that's something else). Anyone ever heard of this before?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #673 on: 2010-06-14 04:49:35 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hslZJZfCN6o

There's my goblin glitch! Sorry, you have to wait until toward the end of the video, feel free to just skip along there are no (noticable) glitches up until the first battle (like I said, sound problems in another thread, but that's something else). Anyone ever heard of this before?

This is not a problem with my mod. I donnu how the remix patcher installs it.

My best bet is there is a kernel problem. Try running my patch. You only need to patch the scene.bin.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2010-06-14 05:31:20 »
What's up?  The OP is by ARMs???