Author Topic: [FF7PC-Steam] IMPERIS v1.3 - The Sephiroth Patch  (Read 42541 times)

meesbaker

• View Profile
[FF7PC-Steam] IMPERIS v1.3 - The Sephiroth Patch
« on: 2015-04-15 18:43:28 »

Welcome to my new Sephiroth Patch! This is the classical patch, a full swap of Cloud and Sephiroth in all fields and battlegrounds. Both characters are fully animated, for battle I kept Sephiroth's original animations and added missing elements such as tossing items or doing limit breaks. All models for Cloud and Sephiroth are derrived from the HQ battle models of their final fight and thus look totally amazing, this Sephiroth patch is the complete one!

List of features:

- Sephiroth and Cloud are swapped in field and use the former animations of their counterpart, all texts in field are adjusted to display "Cloud" instead of "Sephiroth"
- High quality models are used, battle model parts plus carrying a weapon - see the screenshots! :)
- Fully animated Sephiroth battle model doing sense, manipulate, steal , taking damage, tossing/using items and also executing all of Cloud's Limit breaks!
   (though they look strawberriesty ... :O) )
- Sepher Seph and Final Seph turned into Cloud equivalents, this is consistent to the very end :)
- Sephiroth using the masamune plus all of Cloud's weapons: Buster Sword->long sword(masamune model), Ragnarok->Masamune, Masamune carried by Cloud=Buster  Sword, Im sure you get the idea :)
-Sephiroth in the bike minigame!!

Download:

Main v1.3:   http://www.mediafire.com/download/fgxe1emg5c7t61j/Imperis_v1.3.rar

Screenshots: (click for larger image)

If you see no pics use the links:

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150418/xslgavpt.jpg
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150418/6w6pqixi.jpg
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150418/79tyhlzy.jpg
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150418/7uevvccu.jpg
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150415/muwivyt6.jpg
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150415/hsccs8nb.jpg
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150424/fnxlybq2.jpg

In case you wonder why Heroes for PSX is not been continued for so long, well I will finish it. But I released disc 1 too early, it is more work than I expected. As modding on PC is far simpler I thought Id just swing out a PC release, Enjoy!

Thanks to:

-SquareSOFT for making FF7-10
-NFITC1 for Wall Market, Proud Clod and his wisdom
-luksy for making ulgp
-myst6re for making Makou Reactor
-Borde for making Kimera!!
-Obesebear and all others who answered all my questions, this was the fastest start into PC modding ever
-zara9 for his support and testing my mods
-my friends Jeet, Lazy Bastard and vayneruel for all support since Im here

Alright, if I forgot you I am sorry and please complain ! ;)

UPDATE 04/18/2015
update v1.2 released:

- fixed the body/belt texture of Clouds field model
- fixed an issue where AFIE.hrc(parachute model) has no head
- fixed all blinking head issues on field models
- updated the terrible shoes of Cloud and Seph with higher quality battle model parts

UPDATE 04/24/2015
updated mainfile, version v1.3 released:

-Sephiroth on the bike minigame!
-small fixes
« Last Edit: 2017-06-21 17:11:02 by Covarr »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/Steam] IMPERIS v1.0 - The Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-15 20:02:35 »
The only complaint I got is I can't see the juicy pictures.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-04-15 23:06:10 »
hey

is sephiorth shirtless through this whole ff7 mod?

and i will test out this mod out for you soon
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 23:09:11 by Zara9 »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-04-15 23:24:55 »
Yo! As switching around models is so easy on pc Ill  add some more costumes for customization. There are many options, standard with coat, naked arms but body clothing, naked arms, body clothing but no  coat, soldier uniform, different colors...Ill keep it updated but for now I found this most badass (especially in the snow fields :D ). I just played from start till rocket town, no problems.

« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 23:29:33 by meesbaker »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-04-16 13:06:24 »
Agree, this costume is definitly the best, its really sad they didnt stay on this kind of design for all FF7 sequels, the new generation sephiroth really sucks compared to this, anyway good job , this looks really nice

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-04-16 16:03:38 »
Do you think Sephiroth has cold?? :P great job dude

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-04-16 16:27:13 »
Thanks my friends ;)

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-04-16 16:45:09 »
hey messbaker

is there anyway you could make a Zack ff7 mod 1 day

and keep up the great work on your mod

i like it alot

and jessie is moon walking up the ladder when you exit the first rector at the start of your mod
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16 17:30:44 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-04-16 18:22:57 »
and jessie is moon walking up the ladder when you exit the first rector at the start of your mod

She does that sometimes in any version of the game, might be something to do with opening/closing the menu while she's on the ladder.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #10 on: 2015-04-16 21:54:46 »
Thanks to:
-NFITC1 for Wall Market, Proud Clod and his wisdom

You're welcome? I have no idea what I did for this though.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2015-04-17 04:47:20 »
@Sega Chief, yeah exactly that triggers it ;)

NFITC1: ummm long story...well credit for wm and PrC should be obvious  but when I started out here 2-3 years ago I didnt quite follow the basic rule of learning on my own 'cause I was so keen on doing my very own mods, I must  have raised like a thousand  dumb questions, I remember posting many in your own thread and you were at the frontline of answering every single one of them. I was mr. impatience 3000.

Then i got to know lazy bastard and I started raising a wave of psx modding and made new findings along with jeet and vayneruel and now when i look back I just admire how well i was supported and now  people actually ask me for advice.

I will just never forget how well I was received when I was new and all those blank questions in NFIT's threads in particular. I will not forget this! :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #12 on: 2015-04-17 07:42:17 »
I will attempt to answer any question to the best of my ability as long as the one asking is polite. My 3yo has recently entered the "why" phase of mental development and I try to answer every question because I really want her to want to learn. I extend that desire to others and want aspiring newbies to become hacking/modding experts if they wish and they can't do that if their questions go unanswered or are ridiculed.

I'm still don't know how WM or PrC fit in to the creation of this mod, but if they helped then power to 'em. :D

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2015-04-17 08:34:12 »
You can also replace the models of the minigames except of the snowboard minigame. It has some extra compressed files where the models are stored in.

An idea for the upper body. You could use Clouds one. In Kimera is a pallet function were you can edit the color of similar colors at once.
You should use for Cloud the model by Bloodshot it has the SOLDIER symbol as a 3D mesh or you add the clouds texture to the upper body you use (check if the texture ID is 0 for the texture mesh).

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2015-04-17 10:01:45 »
@NFITC1 oh you meant that? Well I had to do some kernel edits to edit the initial data renaming swords and seph into cloud. and for scene.bin i named safer seph ane final seph in cloud equivalents.

@Kaldarasha I'll look into it!

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2015-04-17 21:32:26 »
hey messbaker

i am out of the church now with aeries

and i am liking your mod so far

keep up the great work

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2015-04-17 21:48:35 »
Thx, I'm glad to hear that ;)

meesbaker

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/Steam] IMPERIS v1.2 - The Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #17 on: 2015-04-18 13:34:59 »
First small update is there, the game may even crash on the parachute scene on disc 2 if it is not installed.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2015-04-18 13:43:10 »
hey messbaker

is there anyway you could make a zack playable ff7 mod 1 day

just curious

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2015-04-18 14:19:07 »
Unlikely. Im not a 3d modeller just programmer so I will only use 3d objects and models that come packed with the game. Zack only has a field model and putting that head onto a battle model is nuts. If you have more questions on this matter lets please continue this in private message.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2015-04-18 16:18:26 »
hey messbaker

is there anyway you could make a zack playable ff7 mod 1 day

just curious

I have an iro for that. It's a very simple replacement (only the main field model and the battle model) because I will use it to explain how to make an iro mod.

Unlikely. Im not a 3d modeller just programmer so I will only use 3d objects and models that come packed with the game. Zack only has a field model and putting that head onto a battle model is nuts. If you have more questions on this matter lets please continue this in private message.

Could you look into the two tmd files of the snowboard-us.lgp and see if there is a way to extract the models out of them? Would be very cool if we could finally replace these damn models.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2015-04-18 17:45:27 »
Challenge accepted!

The model is roughly between 0x1000-0x5000 for_gs. The last part of the model is the snowboard, after that there is snow colors.
Im gonna try change some rgbs and delete parts to find out if Im right and to see which parts actually change.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-18 19:00:55 by meesbaker »

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #22 on: 2015-04-18 19:18:31 »
Sorry I'm late to the party, and thanks for the honorable mention :)

Looks quite good; almost makes me want to play the PC version :P

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2015-04-18 19:26:14 »
Thanks my friend, its just 10 bucks on steam, go grab it :D

Snowboard: Well as expected for_gs means for gold saucer and for ev is for story. You can even delete forgs and it wont mess up accessing the snowboard game from the debug room.

Well I just colored certain parts of Clouds model black. Look closely, there are black stripes on his right leg, his left arm and his hip. Seems Im on the right track, from about 0x5000 to the end of the file there is snow rgbs and at the end of Clouds model is the snowboard. Im not quite sure if the first 1000 bytes are offsets or other models. There is a lot of strong green rgbs there, seems to be some offsets and pointers. Id say the model is roughly about 0x1000-0x5000, now the question is how to use that in kimera.

« Last Edit: 2015-04-18 19:47:48 by meesbaker »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2015-04-19 13:10:54 »
Thanks my friend, its just 10 bucks on steam, go grab it :D

Snowboard: Well as expected for_gs means for gold saucer and for ev is for story. You can even delete forgs and it wont mess up accessing the snowboard game from the debug room.

Well I just colored certain parts of Clouds model black. Look closely, there are black stripes on his right leg, his left arm and his hip. Seems Im on the right track, from about 0x5000 to the end of the file there is snow rgbs and at the end of Clouds model is the snowboard. Im not quite sure if the first 1000 bytes are offsets or other models. There is a lot of strong green rgbs there, seems to be some offsets and pointers. Id say the model is roughly about 0x1000-0x5000, now the question is how to use that in kimera.

I assume they will have the same file system as usual (hrc, rsd, p and a) but are compressed to one data block, so the module won't be so big in the memory when it will be loaded in. If so the main thing to do is to find a way to extract the models out of it and repack edited models back.