Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale : Battle, world map, fields, videos  (Read 190201 times)

Devina

• View Profile
Hi Satsuki, thanks for your work.

I tried your DDS file pack and it doesn't seem to work with Reunion. I take it Reunion is only compatible with .png, not .dds, right?

I'd like to make a Reunion-compatible folder structure in the future so people don't have to mess with all this .iro extraction and folder naming shenanigans.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
To use dds you need the lestest ffnx driver
Don't think it's included in reunion ATM

MrPunkKid

• View Profile
To use dds you need the lestest ffnx driver
Don't think it's included in reunion ATM

i've been having crash problems related to texture memory because of your old non-dds pack, because of this i have had to disable your textures in my mod list. Would switching to dds with ffnx prevent crashes as often?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Yes, from all my test dds as no crash so far

Agravaile

• View Profile
Here ya go e2zippo, uploaded the magics upscale if still needed with correct directories path. Just unzip and merge with FINAL FANTASY VII folder. Note: Intended for BASE folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/js8o5dug6ou8dty/FF7PC_Satsuki%27s_Magic_Pack_%28The_Reunion%29.rar/file
« Last Edit: 2020-04-06 12:25:38 by Agravaile »

e2zippo

• View Profile
Here ya go BahamutSIN, uploaded the magics upscale if still needed with correct directories path. Just unzip and merge with FINAL FANTASY VII folder. Note: Intended for BASE folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/js8o5dug6ou8dty/FF7PC_Satsuki%27s_Magic_Pack_%28The_Reunion%29.rar/file

Did you mean me? :)

Are those just the magic textures, or all the textures?

Thanks!

Agravaile

• View Profile
Oh, yeah, sorry bout that e2zippo! BahamutSIN was also asking for help about magic directories, that's why i mistook both of you.

Yeah, the zip file contains everything that was in the magics upscale IRO files, you just unzip and merge with the game folder.

e2zippo

• View Profile
No worries!

It probably would be great to have all of satsukis textures, not just magic, with the correct folder structure for Reunion.
Maybe setup for CUSTOM folder as well, since everything in BASE get's deleted whenever you update Reunion.

Otherwise is might just confuse people who think all texture are included.

satsuki could perhaps add a link to that package in the first post, so two different downloads depending on wether you're using 7th heaven or Reunion.

I think this would help a lot of people, myself included.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
In some day if i found all solutions needed i'll provide a single version witch can be auto installed on reunion, or extracted for manual install (dds or png), or generate a png iro for current 7h or generate a dds iro for ffnx lasted version.
Will need some work on my side, but it'll be easyer to use ^^

e2zippo

• View Profile
In some day if i found all solutions needed i'll provide a single version witch can be auto installed on reunion, or extracted for manual install (dds or png), or generate a png iro for current 7h or generate a dds iro for ffnx lasted version.
Will need some work on my side, but it'll be easyer to use ^^

That sounds great satsuki! The more people that can use your textures the better, they look sooo good!

e2zippo

• View Profile
I've provided satsuki with the path information too so he can create an installer for R06.

Collaboration at it's finest, thanks guys!

Cloud’s Stripe

• View Profile
I would love to see this!  Regardless of the remako mod’s quality, its clear installation guide [URL]https://captrobau.blogspot.com/p/install-guide-ff7-mod-manager.html?m=1[URL] brought me here & I found out about all of your terrific work.
I still didn’t make the jump to ro6 because i finally got everything working through 7th heaven so i would love to see it included in The Reunion, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onmi

• View Profile
I cannot seem to actually download any of the larger files, I keep getting Failed - Forbidden's. Would it be possible to get a torrent?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Replaced all links for textures with and all in one pack builder

Feel free to try ^^

GrayFoxN312

• View Profile
Satsuki,

Got a strange texture bug on Cloud's face in battle after using the installer/new builder for Reunion R06d.
Any idea how to fix this?
Linked below.

https://imgur.com/TBCgmrc

Sincerely,
Fox

Meical

• View Profile
First off excellent work here.  This is now a mainstay in my load order.  But I do have one question.  Are you screenshots taken in 4k? For some reason I cant get mine to look as sharp/clear unless I do something like downsampling with my Nvidia settings.

Austaneous235

• View Profile
Hi, love all the work you've done for this mod. It really brings the game to life and I could stare at the beautiful backgrounds forever. However, I'm getting some texture corruptions and crashing anytime after about an hour of playing. I assume it's due to memory leaks, I also have Avalanche's enemy textures installed, as well as Reunion so there's a lot of mods for the game to handle. I installed this mod by unpacking the iro's into Reunion's CUSTOM folder and all the textures work, but this memory corruption inevitably happens where background textures turn black and the next loading screen will result in a crash. I tried compressing the textures and increased the memory cache through Reunion, but nothing's helped. I'd love some help on this.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@GrayFoxN312
Seems like 3D textures not match 3D models
Have you used default option or unchecked "disable 3D textures" ?
If you've unchecked it you can correct this by deleting in "\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\battle\" all file witch don't contain "STAGE" in theirs names.

@Meical
If you use 7h v2 it's based on an old ffnx driver and isn't as sharp as the old aali driver i used for the screenshots.
Try to use lastest ffnx driver and you'll be as sharp as possible (https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx)

Agravaile

• View Profile
Thanks for your work, satsuki, great idea! Though there are some minor issues i can report.

So, when i've been using the installer and the function convert dds to png, it seems to freeze right at the end when it finishes. Tried it a couple of times, left it overnight even, but i see that it did convert all the textures in the output folder, but the preliminary setup screen seems to be stuck, and the installer doesn't go past it no matter what i do.

Another issue is when i use the UI upscale, the font seems to have spacing and transparency issues. Letter are very close to each other, and have a lot of bad edges around, which seems to look like transparency issue to me.

Otherwise, great work, hopefully those issues will be adressed whenever you have the time. Also, a question, were any of the textures were updated when packaged? What i did is test the package, though i had your textures installed before you did this all in one package, so there's no need for me to use it now, i guess, other than the UI, so, did you update any of those textures to look better or something like that since?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@Agravaile
Never seen this stuck, that system do you use (windows type...)
The ui upscale is for vanilla UI, if you use cutom ui or reunion ui, you'll have bugs.
Since v4 iro only minor fix, if you don't use it with ffnx to take adventage of dds... no need for update.

e2zippo

• View Profile
@Agravaile
Never seen this stuck, that system do you use (windows type...)
The ui upscale is for vanilla UI, if you use cutom ui or reunion ui, you'll have bugs.
Since v4 iro only minor fix, if you don't use it with ffnx to take adventage of dds... no need for update.

Cool stuff satsuki with the installer!

So which options should I use/not use when using Reunion R06d to avoid any issues?

Thanks!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
For reunion default setting without menu.
I'll do an updated version latter to check the options choosen before reunion processing to avoid bug

Meical

• View Profile
@Meical
If you use 7h v2 it's based on an old ffnx driver and isn't as sharp as the old aali driver i used for the screenshots.
Try to use lastest ffnx driver and you'll be as sharp as possible (https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx)

Will this effect any other mods I have installed?  Also what backend should I use; or is it up to my personal preference?  Lastly, for the 7H instructions it says to DL the 98 version.  Should I do that even if I have the Steam version of the game?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-11 21:25:32 by Meical »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Ask to ffnx on discord for exemple ^^

Blagnarok

• View Profile
The install program is pretty neat for people to save on download times, however it actually takes me longer to pack the IRO files using the program than to download them individually, given today's fast internet speeds.  Any chance you could include links to download the individual IROs for just the Field, Battle, and World textures?  Also, it's very nice that you included a link to download the movie files in zip format for manual installation.  If not, no big deal.  Either way, great work.

Oh, and Windows Defender keeps telling me your program is a virus, so I have to disable it to run your program.  It'd be nice to just be able to get the IROs for that reason alone, as a lot of people are afraid of those warnings.  Either way, I love your mods.  Great work!

Nate
« Last Edit: 2020-04-12 02:50:37 by Blagnarok »