Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 208930 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #475 on: 2014-09-04 15:32:10 »
That isn't a bad point Kaldarasha. When used for games low poly models are imported to zbrush and sculpted into high poly versions with tons of detail. Then the detail is exported using normal maps and such so they can be applied to the low poly model. What I suggest for those starting out in zbrush is to sculpt your character with as much detail as you like and then adjust the subdivision levels as low as you can without sacrificing detail. Then with zremesher (I think lol) zbrush will convert your hi res model to a low poly model with all your detail in tact. This is usually enough but you can take it a step further. Import the converted model to a traditional 3d application like Maya and adjust the geometry a bit. You'll have more control of your mesh this way. This is advanced stuff though so not something to stress about when just starting out. I'm impressed with how quickly Wolfman picked up zbrush as it's still an allusive mystery to me in many ways lol.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2014-09-04 15:47:44 »
There's a plugin in zBrush called decimation master. This took my 8.9 million polygon render and reduced him to 68k polys. I could have reduced him to 100 polys but with him being a werewolf, detail was crucial. I wanted to obtain as much as possible. There is far less detail in a human character. I am going to be working on an aerith model that will probably be around 12-20k. I know I can make them smaller but there's only so much a map can do. Lol. Is there a threshold in FF7 as far as how much space a character can take up? My goal is to convert all playable characters to HD high detail models. So long as the game can handle it.

All in all I think it would be awesome to have one zip file that contained all characters in the same style of art.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-04 15:58:14 by WolfMan »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2014-09-04 15:58:28 »
For FF7, hard to say. Nothing I've seen yet at least. It's generally a good practice for other games, and with FF7 it makes mod downloads and game files smaller. But I've never seen the game crash from high poly models.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2014-09-04 16:38:43 »
Well then that's a go in my eyes. :) As soon as Red Werewolf Released I'm going to start on aerith. I'm going to create a HighDef Character Pack. It's gonna take a while but it's going to be EPIC!! I will also work on updates to red werewolf. I am probably going to follow the design of my avatars in my HighDef advent children avatar thread as a concept. Now this is gonna rock.

CloudStrife668

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2014-09-05 08:27:10 »
you should make cloud first before aerith it will look so much cooler

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2014-09-05 09:27:21 »
Nice job man.. you just gave Red an epic upgrade  8)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #481 on: 2014-09-05 10:00:46 »
I'm going to create a HighDef Character Pack. It's gonna take a while but it's going to be EPIC!!
you should make cloud first before aerith it will look so much cooler
APZ's throne at risk! :P :P

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2014-09-05 12:09:41 »
Btw I have a pre-made base body, which I actually created for a new Sephiroth model. I used it for my Barrett model (which still needs a texture, :oops: so if someone thinks he can do just PM me. The model is already UV mapped except the weapon).

https://mega.co.nz/#!nE0EkLyI!xCJ0XK1XIJyeCKgzl0Ac5zfWNU2GRVrKrl8EGYfecwE

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2014-09-05 12:19:11 »
Cloud already has a good amount of models that are fantastic in my mind. Aeris however really only has 2. While they are good, I feel like there's a few aspects that could be improved. After aeris I am going to move to Barrett.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2014-09-05 13:04:33 »
but I think the one were lacking is Cid?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2014-09-05 14:42:16 »
Good call whitERaven. I agree. I think I'll go to Cid after Aeris.

Faendra

• French guy, sorry if my english is no good ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2014-09-05 15:00:53 »
Yep cid and cait sith i think.
And What about new model for the turks, rufus, shinra and co ?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2014-09-05 15:39:23 »
Ya Faendra. That's a thought too. I want to redo the main characters first then I want to work on the bad guys. I really enjoy doing this. It will probably take me a while but I really want to do this.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2014-09-05 15:43:27 »
I have a similar interest as well.

This is true, Cid hasn't gotten a lot of love. There's the fmv styled model from bootleg, and the HD model on my release thread by Rayved.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2014-09-05 15:51:48 »
CMH. I think we should pair up again on doing a complete remodel of characters so they are all in the same style. I am going to start working on collaborating the 2D concepts for the models and creat a new WIP thread. Of course Red Werewolf will be finished before I go any further, but I have some ideas already. I started my note taking for him last night. :) This mod is going to be even more epic, but I am not as worried about having to learn much as RW has taught me a good amount of every aspect of a character mod.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2014-09-05 16:25:03 »
I wont get into it much just yet as I need more experience with alphas and poly paint in zbrush but I'm organizing something to do just that.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2014-09-05 20:58:42 »
Field model conversion is complete. Packaging mod and testing this evening.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2014-09-05 22:01:28 »
This is the greatest news I've heard in 3 months!!

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #493 on: 2014-09-05 22:25:44 »
Are you guys still struggling with generating ff7.exe patch files? Bdiff and xdelta might be useful tools. There's a project named 'Xdelta UI' that provides a Windows frontend for creating and applying binary patches.

@Wolfman - I can't really help with modifying limits, I'm afraid. All I can say is that remapping animations can be a lot of hard work. Good luck all the same.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-05 22:28:38 by Bosola »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2014-09-05 22:32:37 »
Oh that's pretty cool thanks Bosola. The limits ended up being changed in the kernel instead. Neither of us had any idea what we were doing trying to make a hex file lol. I'll check that out though for future mods, thanks.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2014-09-05 23:21:10 »
Thanks Bosola

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #496 on: 2014-09-06 01:11:14 »
hi, this is my field Aerith (flower, parachute, wheelchair), I have graduated and are working so I don't have time to continue mod. Please feel free to use my models ^v^!
https://mega.co.nz/#!VEARWYTR!Ov2YhQ5pkQpl_D3dKs4BJyZUebQs0ORqFy3hfjEAqiQ

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2014-09-07 00:20:00 »
 I have 5 animations to do and then I will make my official release. Battle model is done. Field Model is done. Animations are done. The 5 animations to fix are actually just replacements, as he uses the wrong animation in a few scenes.

The only tweaks I really want to make is altering the texture to look better and bending the legs like a werewolf for the field model.

YAY!!!!!!! It's almost done. I can't believe it. Learned a lot. Can't wait to do more.

Had some issues with Kimera and Makou Reactor. Pushing release date back to thursday
« Last Edit: 2014-09-08 15:04:55 by WolfMan »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2014-09-08 18:31:36 »
So how your mod is doing? Cmh175  told me that u need a transformation system ( having red13 transform in the begining of the battle in werewolf) i noticed that if you dont use directly the model, his texture wont appear, i think because vincents transformations have no texture ( chaos, death gigas etc) so when using the  transformation script, the texture are not loaded, this isnt noticable when u transform into a monster/boss (because they dont have texture or very small ones most of times), but on ur werewolf character if you have made some textures they wont appear, so thats a problem.

Textures are most of times the " eyes" or tatoos etc, of the characters on PSX, i dont know how its works on PC.

So if you still want red13 to transform into werewolf in battle, this issue must be fixed

Another thing: this glitch dont occurs when the character is in 1st position ,in that case the character will have all his texture working, if someone have any idea about this....

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2014-09-08 18:36:11 »
The transformation was a back up plan in case the field animation conversions didn't work out. Other than a few quirks to adjust in the flevel now that worked out fine. The transformation would be a cool idea as an additional option for those who just want to use the battle model, but if it's proving to be a lot more trouble than we thought than it's certainly not necessary.