Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 690850 times)

keiostheory

Re: [REL] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #950 on: 2012-01-15 16:38:21 »
Can somebody just post the fixed BLHF.P and BLIP.P? I downloaded the kimera tool but I can't seem to make it work. Can someone kindly upload it somewhere else? Thanks.

-edit-

nvm guys, fixed this problem up already.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-18 07:14:07 by keiostheory »

johnson41996

« Reply #951 on: 2012-01-19 01:46:26 »
i have a question...
i have alot of respect for someone that is willing to take their time to improve on this game, ff7 has alot of sentimental value to me, and to be able to take it and make it better is something i really can apriciate.
having said this, i have tried to install the prp many times and again, with all due respect to ice, its always real buggy with me.
all i want out of it is the models, so i tried the install shield, which worked, to look for the model files and integrate them into the .lgp file.
i got a setup file, install shield files, and data1, 2, and 3.cab.
im assuming the model lgps are in the .cabs, but when i try to extract them using the same method (uniextract) it gives me an error.
with permission, is there any way to get these models on my game without running the installer? i feel like im on the right track but im stuck...

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #952 on: 2012-01-19 02:49:27 »
i have a question...
i have alot of respect for someone that is willing to take their time to improve on this game, ff7 has alot of sentimental value to me, and to be able to take it and make it better is something i really can apriciate.
having said this, i have tried to install the prp many times and again, with all due respect to ice, its always real buggy with me.
all i want out of it is the models, so i tried the install shield, which worked, to look for the model files and integrate them into the .lgp file.
i got a setup file, install shield files, and data1, 2, and 3.cab.
im assuming the model lgps are in the .cabs, but when i try to extract them using the same method (uniextract) it gives me an error.
with permission, is there any way to get these models on my game without running the installer? i feel like im on the right track but im stuck...

Your setup is pirated , its the Ultima or some 1DVD rebuild.

Look here for a supportet version of FFVII http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Playstation/dp/B00000JRSB/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1326944884&sr=1-1

johnson41996

« Reply #953 on: 2012-01-19 04:42:19 »
my final fantasy isnt pirated, i have the original disks....
no disrespect, but from what ive read alot of people have issues with the prp, and ive tried many times on my LEGIT download, and it just seems buggy.
id prefer to do it this way, to apply the models directly myself. ive spent alot of time messing with these mods, and i feel i can do it, im just stuck  :-P

norikoteiko

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2012-01-19 05:58:47 »
try to install from the shell as administrator with SETUP.EXE /A  this sould extract the cabs.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2012-01-19 13:57:05 »
Don't ever use the PRP .exe, I've had nothing but problems with it. Install using bootleg (search is your friend).

Also, there's no such thing as a "LEGIT" download of Final Fantasy VII for PC. You can't legally download it from anywhere.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2012-01-19 14:27:57 »
And wait until our Unified Model Installer is done.

johnson41996

« Reply #957 on: 2012-01-20 01:18:01 »
ill try bootleg again, but it confuses the $H*T out of me...
isnt it legit when you download from disks you bought in a store?
how do you go about installing from shell?
And that Unified model sounds promising, when can i expect it?
 :-D

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2012-01-20 22:30:31 »
Confusing terminology is confusing. It's fine if you bought it in a store.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2012-01-21 18:29:16 »
I'm not sure what you mean by legit download. Did you buy the game in the store legit, but download the disc images off the internet anyway? That won't do, you have to make the images yourself. Even though ethically they may be pretty much the same, there's no way to ensure the download won't be messed up in some way, such as having mods already installed, being the Ultima Edition, or other changes.

If you rip it from discs you purchased, that's not downloading, that's ripping. It's perfectly acceptable, but try not to use the word download because that's not what it is and it'll just confuse people. Downloading means you get it from the internet.

norikoteiko

• View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2012-01-21 19:04:33 »
the only legit download is for psp trough the psn store

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2012-01-25 01:18:33 »
I need a full list of contributors in order of most work done, so I can add it to the Unified Model Installer.

ice_cold513, I take it this guy did the most?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2012-01-25 02:33:18 »
Him, Borde, Stormmedia, SquallFF8, and Grimmy are the ones I know off the top of my head.  Could be wrong about Storm media though

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #963 on: 2012-01-25 02:55:48 »
Him, Borde, Stormmedia, SquallFF8, and Grimmy are the ones I know off the top of my head.  Could be wrong about Storm media though

I'd add Angebleu to that list. Stormmedia was part of the original prp group with ice_cold513 and Borde. The rest of us came along after the fact to try and get it finished up. Squallff8 did all the heavy lifting though. We all owe him a great deal of thanks for the countless hours he spent over the past few years finishing up the prp project.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-25 02:59:49 by Grimmy »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2012-01-25 03:47:52 »
Cheers.  As do all of us who use those models.

The Unified Model Installer is picking up pace too :)

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2012-01-25 19:14:38 »
I'm not sure what you mean by legit download. Did you buy the game in the store legit, but download the disc images off the internet anyway? That won't do, you have to make the images yourself. Even though ethically they may be pretty much the same, there's no way to ensure the download won't be messed up in some way, such as having mods already installed, being the Ultima Edition, or other changes.

If you rip it from discs you purchased, that's not downloading, that's ripping. It's perfectly acceptable, but try not to use the word download because that's not what it is and it'll just confuse people. Downloading means you get it from the internet.

My god Covarr. Sometimes you are the Cave Johnson to my GLaDOS, as in this scene..

SereneBLue

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2012-02-06 06:20:54 »
Preview Screenshot
Thanks a lot for this project, the mod modified by Squallff8, bug report and feedback.
I think the character size and appearance really fits well with the game itself. It's neither too tall nor thin. Just perfect!

For those who have an interest in this mod,
Bug fix:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.msg174870#msg174870
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.msg174878#msg174878
  • Problem with the Kimera?
    -If it requires a file(ex: mscomct2.ocx), just download and copy it into the Kimera folder.
    -If it says some file is needed to be registered(ex: msstdfmt.dll), copy it and type this command line.
    regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll
    (Unregister: regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll)
Some minor issues:

-[#1]Yuffie remained as PRP appearance, maybe she is the only one untouched by Squallff8 among the main characters. Poor Yuffie:-).
-[#2]When a character closed eyes, their mouth looks ugly like this >____<. And the blink issue is not solved.
They're not a big problem, though.

Optional:

Nywie93

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2012-02-06 13:43:16 »
anyone have crash to Date Cloud-Aerith Gold saucer ( to the scene king princess dragon ect?)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2012-02-06 14:21:59 »
Not model related, but the new sound effects applause sound will crash the game just before the stage performance begins.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2012-02-06 16:00:46 »
Thanks for the info SereneBlue :D

FlyingToast

« Reply #970 on: 2012-02-16 03:08:09 »
just like how the wrestler's eyes are missing, so is tifa, the jockeys, and probably cloud(notsure) have missing eyes during chocobo racing :o

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2012-02-16 13:47:02 »
Many of the model issues are fixed in current mods.
Use DLPB's Unified Installer for a complete selection of models.

U001.exe                                        DLPB            Unified Model Installer                 Qhimm FILE

Alternately, use the field.lgp file from Titeguy3's Remix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2012-02-16 15:24:28 »
Many of the model issues are fixed in current mods.
Use DLPB's our Unified Installer for a complete selection of models.

U001.exe                                        PitBrat, DLPB, Grimmy            Unified Model Installer                 Qhimm FILE

Alternately, use the field.lgp file from Titeguy3's Remix.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2012-03-22 05:53:04 »
he forget ciac.hrc model in char. lgp the black guy in train :O

Ordain

« Reply #974 on: 2012-08-05 19:27:24 »
Hey everyone. Its been a while since anyone has posted here but I am in need of some help and this is where everyone seems to go. I am not sure if this has been answered yet but I could not find it. I am trying to install the PRP mod and am having trouble. I have downloaded it and run it, and for some reason it creates a new FF7 folder in my Program Files (not my Program Files x86 where the rest of my files are) with the ffprp folder. So I renamed the .LGP files and now am at a loss.

The guide says to copy them to the WMRP folder but I do not have it anywhere (not in either data folder) and am not sure what to do now. I really would like to get this mod working so any help would be awesome. Thanks guys