Author Topic: Help, no FF7/mod folder to move patches into.  (Read 13596 times)

Vori

• View Profile
Help, no FF7/mod folder to move patches into.
« on: 2013-01-11 02:07:52 »
^ How do I resolve this?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Help, no FF7/mod folder to move patches into.
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-11 04:15:18 »
Did you install the mods with the Bootleg040 configurator?

The "mods" folder should be inside the parent directory. Inside the mods folder there should be another folder. What's its name? If it's "DK" everything's fine. If you can't find any "mods" folder I suggest you backup the saves first (if you have any progress done) and uninstall everything, delete the game folder, reinstall the game and Configure Bootleg or run the Bootleg configurator again with your custom saved settings.Then post the configurator log to see what happened.

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-11 04:19:33 »
If i install all the mods together and place them into the FF7 folder, will that create a directory?

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-11 04:20:09 »
Bootleg 40 mods, the 3 gig package?

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-11 04:36:30 »
See Tifa's Bootleg thread for a detailed run-down of installing mods using PitBrat's installer, as well as the relevant links to downloads.

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-01-11 04:40:06 »
See Tifa's Bootleg thread for a detailed run-down of installing mods using PitBrat's installer, as well as the relevant links to downloads.

This is what I used, however on here it says after installing FF7 2012, and extracting Tifa's Bottleg into it, I should have an FF7/mod file which I do not have. I have 4 files, Data, shaders, plugins, Botleg Custome models, no Mods folder anywhere in sight :P

Should i start over from scratch ? I don't want to risk having to redownload all the mods again :/

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2013-01-11 05:05:42 »
Just run Bfe.exe and it will do all the work for you. After you select the options you prefer click on run bootleg. If you have more questions read Tifa's instructions.

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-01-11 05:12:04 »
I just did that and it begins asking me what skins i want tp use, asking me to enter 1,2,3,4, etc and then it just closes, still no mods. might reinstall :/

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-01-11 05:14:46 »
i#ve installed it before and I had the folder FF7/mods ..
-downloaded and installed game
-extracted bootleg
I had the mods folder then i'm sure, however this time i have none, i'm waiting for the 3 gig mods folder atm but have no FF7/mods to put them in once they're downloaded :/

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-01-11 05:53:00 »

Step 2: Open "Bootleg040.zip" and extract here: C:\Games\FF7Mods

"FF7Mods" is one Folder, not a File.
You should have two Folders in "C:\Games", one "FF7" (the game itself) and another "FF7Mods".

TIP: Place your downloaded mods into the same folder as Bootleg: C:\Games\FF7Mods

I have downloaded all the mods, but they still show as red. What's wrong?
The Installation tab isn't configured correctly.

Point "Destination Location" to the game's main installation folder.
Eg "C:\Games\FF7\"

Point "Mod Source" to the folder with the downloaded mods.
Eg "C:\Games\FF7Mods\"

Point "Bootleg.exe Location" to the folder with the Bootleg files.
Eg "C:\Games\FF7Mods\"

Point "Temporary Files" to anywhere you wish. The default location given is fine.
Eg "C:\Users\[ your name ]\AppData\Local\Temp"

« Last Edit: 2013-01-11 06:11:21 by Kompass63 »

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-01-11 06:41:54 »
There is no FF7/mod folder that's what I mean.
Sorry but all the quoting just confused the shit out of me.  Here's a step by step of what I have done as of now..

Bought the game from Enix website..
Downloaded and installed it as described.
Downloaded Bootleg.40 and extracted it into games/ff7 [There is no Ff7 mod to extract into..

After the extraction I was hoping it would appear but didn't. I'm still at the same position as before, i've installed and downloaded the game 4 times tonite.. it's now half 7 in the morning and i'm becomming very tired, restless and agitated...

I know where the folder is supposed to be, it'#s just not there, even after reinstalling the game and reextracting the files, still no ff7/mod.

I opened the configurator hoping it would magically create this file and all I get is
'Choose Clouds appearance in the field' etc followed by a choice of numbers, this then ends abruptly after like 5 of them.

Does it appear after i've downloaded and extracted the massive file of mods? So confused right now.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-01-11 07:04:09 »
Which folder do you have in "C:\Games"?

The folder "C:\Games\FF7mods" should be entered when you unzip.

And it should not a / be there.

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-01-11 07:09:11 »
Local Disk C > Games > FINAL FANTASY VII

That is all is in the entire of my c/games ..

Perhaps it hasn't converted to the 1998 version? :/

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-01-11 07:14:58 »
BASICALLY, the problem is that when I install FF7 from my email, directly from Enix there is no FF7mods along side FF7 within the c:\games folder :/ there's just 'FINAL FANTASY IIV' I can't convert it when there's nowhere to extract Bootleg. This sucks :< been trying to do it all night. What a nightmare :(

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-01-11 07:16:08 »
Perhaps it hasn't converted nothing

In which folder is "Bootleg.exe"?
In which folder the whole mods have landed, you've loaded down?

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-01-11 07:20:14 »
The mods are still downloading, it's 3 gig.. it's taken hours. Bootleg.exe is in
c:\games\Final Fantasy IIV
After the fourth time of having no c:\games\FF7mods I decided to try and extract it into 'Final Fnatasy IIV'
I basically need to install FF7 and have an FF7mods folder right? well there isn't any. Could it be the link in my email ? different client.. I really don't know but my brain is farting everywhere. I'm more sad i'm off back to work tomorrow and i've wasted a whole 10 hours or so :<

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013-01-11 07:21:11 »
The bootleg.0.40 mods are also in that file because there's no FF7mods folder to extract that into :<

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-01-11 07:36:46 »
Bootleg.exe is in c:\games\Final Fantasy IIV

That's not very nice but also go to the emergency from there.
Actually, you should create the folder "c:\games\FF7mods" by yourself when unzip.

So you have to choose for "Destination Location", "Mod Source" and "Bootleg.exe Location" the same folder:
c:\games\Final Fantasy IIV

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013-01-11 07:44:02 »
 How do I create \ff7mods folder?
unzip bootleg via bit torrent and create the folder from there or create the folder and then unzip into that folder ?

Should I just change the three locations to the same folder or create a serperate mods folder, if so how do i create this folder. Simplify as much as possible, not slept for like 15 hours.

PS thank you to all that have contributed in helping, I appreciate it so much :D

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013-01-11 07:56:33 »
Should I just change the three locations to the same folder or create a serperate mods folder, ...

First is the easiest.

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013-01-11 08:07:51 »
Thanks, i'll give it a go ^^

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013-01-11 08:18:21 »
Wouldn't it just be easier to create a mods file? the whole reason why it isn't working is because the bootleg040 is extracted with the old FF7, thus not converting properly.

When you install FF7 i'm assuming a mods folder appears along side the 'fianl fantasy folder. Is the mod folder empty? does it specifically need anything in there?

I was thinking download and install FF7, go into \c:\games right click new, create a folder and call it \ff7mods and then extract bootleg into that then open the configurator, would that work .. ?

I just have a feeling that extracting it all into the 'final fantasy IIV' folder it will just corrupt and the confirgurator won't work and i'll get the usual
'choose clouds skin etc etc' which basically just closes the confirgurator..

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013-01-11 09:35:59 »
Right, i've completely reinstalled FF7. I made a mod folder in :c\games where it would usually appear after installation, I changed the destination folder and mod source and bootleg.exe to correct locations. Now all the bootleg stuff like the .exe are all in the mod folder I created.. however when I open the configurator it says the usual..

Reading registry, searching for final fantasy IIV installation...
Choose clouds appearance in the field, 0,1,2,3,4 ETC

Apparently the bootleg was supposed to atuomatically down patch to the 1998 version, the version needed for BOOTLEG however I honestly think it hasn't changed or taken any effect from the extraction and i'm honestly ready to just **** it! I work  a shitty 75 hours a week night shifts, 12 hours at a time and this is the only day i have off, i haven't even slept and I WON'T untill this is fixed so please someone who knows what they're doing put me out of my misery :(
PLEASE someone help me i've tried and tried and tried and i'm so frustrated I could actually cry of exhaustion. PLEASE....

Vori

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013-01-11 09:55:29 »
Still nothing :<

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013-01-11 15:22:38 »
If you see something similar this

than you have started "Bootleg.exe"

But you should start "BFE.exe".

Step 3: Within the extracted folder, set "Bootleg.exe" to run as Administrator:

Right-Click on "Bootleg.exe"
Select "Properties"
Go to the "Compatibility Tab"
Check "Run this program as an administrator"
Click "Apply", then "OK".

Next, open "BFE.exe" to start up Bootleg Configurator.

« Last Edit: 2013-01-11 15:25:22 by Kompass63 »