Author Topic: A few questions before I muck up my archives  (Read 3675 times)

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
A few questions before I muck up my archives
« on: 2013-03-13 17:31:51 »
Okay, as far as modding goes, I used to screw with this game on a regular basis, it's been a while though ad I'm looking for some refreshers/help.

I've been using Halkun's FF7 Data compilation to navigate most of my LGP archives, as well as biturn.

With TA's recent releases I've been implementing their models with a fresh install, so far, chibis/feilds/battle models all in and ready to go, the problems I'm stuck at right now is the scenes, I've never messed with them before unless it was in a .exe install lol.

Do the png's need converting or do you just remove the .png from the end, rename it to the correct location (for example OPAC = STAGE09_T00_00) and insert it?

Also, Materia and save point, what archive do they belong in?

I did search a few times but I feel like I might be wording things wrong when I search because I rarely get any results, and even more rarely results that I'm looking for.

Sorry if this is a PITA question.

So my basic questions are -

How to put PNG's into an LGP archive (like what format?)
Where to replace materia and save point files?

Thaks guys

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions before I muck up my archives
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-13 18:58:10 »
Not really clear on the question but .png textures are put into the mods folder. Do not put them in your lgp's.Do not rename them either or they will not work. The team avalanche textures (assuming you meant team avalanche when you said ta) are installed into the wrong folder and there is a long renaming of folders and paths if you want to use them. Choose something else. As for models, they are put into LGP's but I reccommend using the unified model installer found here because it installs everything automatically and has a great variety to pick and choose from.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-13 19:06:19 by [CleverNameHere] »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-13 23:23:52 »
The unified installer is fine, but I'm trying to use TA's Cloud/sweeper/scorpion they just released. and all of those are implemented perfectly. I just don't know where to put the materia files, as well as the save point. Also, I don't have a mods folder, what mod adds the mod folder or plugin support for a mods folder?

I have Aalis opengl 7 i believe and all the patches up and running. The game runs fine I just really want to get the battle screens from the TA project working because they are a huge improvement.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-13 23:51:50 »
Aali's driver creates a folder named mods. To ensure you have the latest version go to the thread and go to the last few posts and download 0.7.11b. Just extract into your ff7 directory. To use battle models, put all battle models in battle.lgp. The save point goes in either char.lgp or flevel.lgp. I don't remeber which. For future reference field models go in char.lgp as well.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-14 15:54:41 »
thanks, using the google spreadsheet here makes it easy to navigate most the LGPs files, If I get the time I might update it a little more since it's been a while since anyone's contributed. One of Halkun's projects from a long time ago.

Thanks for the help.