Author Topic: [WIP]HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease  (Read 66893 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [WIP]HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease
« Reply #25 on: 2013-07-21 05:37:13 »
Hi!

This mod doesn't work for me. I've replaced all the lgp files with the modded ones (compiled them with the "Highwind" tool). When I load any of my saves it looks fine at first, but then, if I exit to the next screen or enter a building, the screen just turns black and the game crashes, followed by a Windows dialog box: "Final Fantasy VII has stopped working". Really strange. Wonder what's wrong there.

Kind regards
Josh

EDIT:
Could that be because I installed the game under "C:\Program Files (x86)" ?

Don't use the Highwind tool to compile lgp files. It pretty much never works, leaving you an empty lgp file. I only use Highwing to unlgp since it's easier to export to particular locations. Use Aalis unlgp/lgp tool to compile.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-07-21 06:02:29 »
Cool, works now, so "Highwind" was in fact the problem. Where do I put the Cloud Battle Stance animation, into the battle.lgp as well?

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-07-21 06:04:15 »
Cool, works now, so "Highwind" was in fact the problem. Where do I put the Cloud Battle Stance animation, into the battle.lgp as well?
Yes, exactly  :)

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-07-21 06:07:28 »
As for the Optional Battle Scenes, I just dragged those files into the modded battle folder and chose yes for all when it asked me whether I wanted to replace files. Then I compiled to "battle.lgp". Is that the right way to do it?

Thanks!

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-07-21 06:09:37 »
As for the Optional Battle Scenes, I just dragged those files into the modded battle folder and chose yes for all when it asked me whether I wanted to replace files. Then I compiled to "battle.lgp". Is that the right way to do it?
You got it, Ace! ;D Hope you enjoy. A lot lot lot of people's blood sweat and tears went into those models. A large roomful of people.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-07-21 06:19:44 »
You got it, Ace! ;D Hope you enjoy. A lot lot lot of people's blood sweat and tears went into those models. A large roomful of people.

Yeah, they look killer! Very authentic. Guess this is how they would've looked like if Square Enix had made the game in like '98/'99. So yeah, a huge thank you to the contributors!

And thanks for being helpful, everyone!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-07-21 10:36:23 »
When using these, I noticed Cloud's running away animation is slower than everyone else.

I have slowed down the animation for the other characters, too.
The main part of the mod is done. I only need too make some models for the Chocobo mini game.
I will release it soon.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-07-21 13:20:40 »
Hmm, everything seems to work, but I can't use the modded battle.lgp that also has the Optional Battle Scenes and Cloud Battle Stance animation. The modded folder is 1,58 Gb and when I click "Encode" with uLGP .5 GUI a message pops up, saying something like "not enough memory for this operation" (my Windows is German, so I don't know if that would be the exact wording in English). Any clues?

Kind regards
Josh

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-07-21 13:34:23 »
Hmm, everything seems to work, but I can't use the modded battle.lgp that also has the Optional Battle Scenes and Cloud Battle Stance animation. The modded folder is 1,58 Gb and when I click "Encode" with uLGP .5 GUI a message pops up, saying something like "not enough memory for this operation" (my Windows is German, so I don't know if that would be the exact wording in English). Any clues?
I think you have met a limitation of uLGP.5. Please try to encode that giant folder with uLGP .7 but be sure to manually enter in a new path for the .lgp file to be encoded. You can type in the field boxes for lgp and folder. I usually click on the folder button, choose the folder ready to be encoded and then copy the path from the folder box to the lgp box. Then add .lgp on the end of the lgp file path. Make sense? Also, make sure you haven't added any extra files to the folder for encoding. Occasionally I'll accidentally include a whole .lgp file in a folder to encode to another .lgp file and it makes it too large.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-07-21 14:12:25 »
I think you have met a limitation of uLGP.5. Please try to encode that giant folder with uLGP .7 but be sure to manually enter in a new path for the .lgp file to be encoded. You can type in the field boxes for lgp and folder. I usually click on the folder button, choose the folder ready to be encoded and then copy the path from the folder box to the lgp box. Then add .lgp on the end of the lgp file path. Make sense? Also, make sure you haven't added any extra files to the folder for encoding. Occasionally I'll accidentally include a whole .lgp file in a folder to encode to another .lgp file and it makes it too large.

Doesn't work. When encoding the huge 1,58 Gb file via uLGP ver. 0.7 it turns it into a 170 Mb file, which won't have any effect. Actually all the lgps when encoded via ver. 0.7 don't work for me. Except for that they disable cloud saving and achievements for me.

I might just go back to playing the game in its original form... The Steam version doesn't seem to take these kind of mods very well for some reason.  :(

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-07-21 14:19:26 »
If the Mod wrapper works with the steam version, then have a little patient. I building a mod with it, which is very dynamic to set up and does not need lgp tools anymore. I implement now the twisted buster sword as an option and then hopefully I'm ready with the first version of it.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-07-21 14:23:07 »
Doesn't work. When encoding the huge 1,58 Gb file via uLGP ver. 0.7 it turns it into a 170 Mb file, which won't have any effect. Actually all the lgps when encoded via ver. 0.7 don't work for me. Except for that they disable cloud saving and achievements for me.

I might just go back to playing the game in its original form... The Steam version doesn't seem to take these kind of mods very well for some reason.  :(
The battle scene add-on is not for all systems. It creates a super bloated battle.lgp file. Wish it weren't so huge, but it works fine on my Steam install. It's very important to encode to a brand new lgp file when using uLGP .7 because it will NOT overwrite files in an already existing lgp file. So, for example:

Here I've manually typed in the destination lgp file to be encoded as C:\battle.lgp
Notice there isn't a file there that exists already.

Here the file has been encoded and appears in the C: directory, ready to be moved to the correct game data folder

And here I've replaced the original battle.lgp (notice I've renamed it battleBACKUP.lgp at the top of the list) with the newly encoded file.

« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 05:28:44 by Template »

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-07-21 20:19:42 »
If the Mod wrapper works with the steam version, then have a little patient. I building a mod with it, which is very dynamic to set up and does not need lgp tools anymore. I implement now the twisted buster sword as an option and then hopefully I'm ready with the first version of it.

Sounds good! I'll be looking forward to it :)

The Full HQ Models ver. 1.14 work fine, though, as long as I don't add the Optional Battle Scenes (and don't use uLGP ver. 0.7 for the lgp files). But from my personal experience I couldn't tell whether it affects Steam functionality (cloud saving, achievements), because these features are not working for a lot of people at the moment in general, even with a completely non-modded version.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 20:22:10 by Acetrouble »

Rirse

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Rirse
« Reply #38 on: 2013-07-21 23:02:39 »
Any chance for a updated version with the new files from the Unshaded Model update released today.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-07-21 23:29:55 »
Any chance for a updated version with the new files from the Unshaded Model update released today.
Yeah I expect to be able to update again shortly, but at the moment I'm looking through Kaldarasha's new release and I'd like to be able to figure out how to do it without requesting files specifically from him because this is what you get instead of folders full of thousands of files.

It's much more convenient looking from that view--at first, but scratching my head a little as to how to get it back to folders full of thousands of files :evil:
I'm pretty sure if need be I can just get him to give me the new files separately but let's make sure he's OK with it first.

Edit: Seems like the 7thwrapper might work with STEAM. This is a big deal and a lot of info to crunch at once. I'm kinda in over my head tbh. Need several days probably. Someone else will likely figure it out before me. As far as I can tell, it doesn't.

Made some progress, since Iros's 7thWrapper manager is extremely well laid out and logical, it seemed to sort of set itself up, in a manner of speaking. We will see if I actually did this right

Well, apparently I did it right. I still need to figure out how to unpack the .iro files to steal Kaldarasha's models, since 7thwrapper does not appear to work with STEAM. :P 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-22 05:48:33 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-07-22 07:33:47 »
It's much more convenient looking from that view--at first, but scratching my head a little as to how to get it back to folders full of thousands of files :evil:
I'm pretty sure if need be I can just get him to give me the new files separately but let's make sure he's OK with it first.

Look here.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-07-22 08:25:34 »
Edit: Seems like the 7thwrapper might work with STEAM. This is a big deal and a lot of info to crunch at once. I'm kinda in over my head tbh. Need several days probably. Someone else will likely figure it out before me. As far as I can tell, it doesn't.

I hoped my wrapper might work with Steam, but it's not tested, so maybe not a surprise that it doesn't!

Next time you try it, can you post the debug output? Maybe it will give me a clue...

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-07-22 11:35:59 »
I hoped my wrapper might work with Steam, but it's not tested, so maybe not a surprise that it doesn't!
Next time you try it, can you post the debug output? Maybe it will give me a clue...
Ack, wish I'da thought of that. I thought it was gonna work for a minute, but the splash screen launcher is killing it somehow. Obviously we can crack the exe and get it to work off cloudplay, but I'm hopeful to get it to work inside the STEAM and ff7 network for the people that want to do achievements and such... (kinda silly, I admit, but I aim to please).

Another good trick would be figuring out how to make a mod path work without converting to 1998 exe, because for me, not being able to use Omzy's upscaled backgrounds kills the new release.

Kaldarasha put up his files so I'm packaging up another update (thanks, Kaldy).

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013-07-22 16:01:07 »
New Version HQModelsCloudplay2

In a big hurry, I'll update this later.

Be sure to use the proper name for the flevel, choco, world, and high minigame files depending on your language setting. ex. schocobo.lgp for Spanish or world_gm.lgp for German.

Hope no problems but I have had almost zero testing time. Cloud's eyes worked.

Pretty sure you don't need to decode your own char.lgp or battle.lgp. Those are totally complete and you can just encode from the downloaded folders straight to lgp files. Please remember to BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

Can someone please test this English version of Kaldarasha's reworked flevel.lgp (needs to be compiled) on Unconverted Steam or SE rerelease? If you try it, remember to BACKUP your flevel.lgp file before changing anything. You need to full install HQModelsCloudplay2 for the flevel to work right, if it's going to.Kaldarasha's ENG flevel is on hold
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 05:37:53 by Template »

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013-07-24 01:36:45 »
New Version HQModelsCloudplay2

In a big hurry, I'll update this later.

Be sure to use the proper name for the flevel, choco, world, and high minigame files depending on your language setting. ex. schocobo.lgp for Spanish or world_gm.lgp for German.

Hope no problems but I have had almost zero testing time. Cloud's eyes worked.

Pretty sure you don't need to decode your own char.lgp or battle.lgp. Those are totally complete and you can just encode from the downloaded folders straight to lgp files. Please remember to BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

Can someone please test this English version of Kaldarasha's reworked flevel.lgp (needs to be compiled) on Unconverted Steam or SE rerelease? If you try it, remember to BACKUP your flevel.lgp file before changing anything. You need to full install HQModelsCloudplay2 for the flevel to work right, if it's going to.

Tried it! Everything seems to work fine. I still got cloud saving (and also achievements, I assume, but I can't tell 100% for sure, because I have yet to earn the next one).
But what exactly does Kaldarasha's flevel.lgp modify? Well, the game doesn't crash (so far), so I think it's working ;)

However, unlike some other character mods I've seen, Cloud doesn't carry his sword when not in battle. But I guess it's just the way this particular character mod is designed (faithful to the original, where it's not visible, either)?

Anyway, this is totally great! Thanks so much!

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-07-24 04:44:37 »
Updated release with standard field model textures from previous versions: Download HQModelsCloudplay2.1 HERE

« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 04:01:31 by Template »

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-07-24 14:05:43 »
Updated release with standard field model textures from previous versions: Download HQModelsCloudplay2.1 HERE

Also, new version of the EnglishReworked flevel from Kaldarasha

Makes the character models larger and does some cool transparency stuff as well as fixing Aeris Death scene. Pretty much same as last version but compiled text without Aeris Revival installed just in case.

Do you have a comparison screenshot / link? How do the models in Cloudplay ver. 2.1 differ from ver. 2.7 ? I'm using 2.7 right now. And everything's great! Except for, like I said, Cloud doesn't carry his sword outside battle. But it's not a big deal.

Thanks.

Kind regards
Josh

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013-07-24 15:39:03 »
Do you have a comparison screenshot / link? How do the models in Cloudplay ver. 2.1 differ from ver. 2.7 ? I'm using 2.7 right now. And everything's great! Except for, like I said, Cloud doesn't carry his sword outside battle. But it's not a big deal.
Hiya Josh, haven't released a 2.7 yet, that's the confusing file extension type. 7z is a type of zip file. I'd quit using it but it's pretty good at what it does.

Cloudplay2.0 is what I should have put.
2.1 Made the download smaller
from front page, there's a version history at bottom of OP. Honestly, I could use help testing this. 2.0 file download ballooned in size. I added too many files somewhere and lost track. 2.1 is corrected but I don't think there will be any practical difference.

I have decoded a new EnglishReworked flevelV3 but it also will probably not have any significant changes from v2 for unconverted installs. Would appreciate any feedback on problems or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 04:02:09 by Template »

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-07-24 19:20:10 »
Hiya Josh, haven't released a 2.7 yet, that's the confusing file extension type. 7z is a type of zip file. I'd quit using it but it's pretty good at what it does.

Cloudplay2.0 is what I should have put.  from front page, there's a version history at bottom of OP. Honestly, I could use help testing this. 2.0 file download ballooned in size. I added too many files somewhere and lost track. 2.1 is corrected but I don't think there will be any practical difference.

I have decoded a new EnglishReworked flevelV3 but it also will probably not have any significant changes from v2 for unconverted installs. Would appreciate any feedback on problems or lack thereof.

Yeah, that makes sense. Just noticed I misread it because of the .7z suffix ;)

I will stick with ver. 2.0 right now. I'm just happy everything runs smoothly right now, so I can finally enjoy the game. What exactly is it about ver. 2.0 that you would want to have tested?
The one I'm using right now is 684 mb (uncompressed) and I replaced the flevel.lgp with Kaldarasha's reworked lgp, ver. 2

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013-07-24 19:37:24 »
Yeah, that makes sense. Just noticed I misread it because of the .7z suffix ;)
I will stick with ver. 2.0 right now. I'm just happy everything runs smoothly right now, so I can finally enjoy the game. What exactly is it about ver. 2.0 that you would want to have tested?
I'm with you--if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think those releases will work fine, I think I added some unneeded files to an lgp they didn't belong in and they wont hurt anybody. As for testing, if you actually play through the game and look for any big problems like text boxes missing, crashes (obviously), and problems with the models especially, then that's very very helpful. Having someone post here: "I did not find any problems with this the whole way through my game" or "there was a broken model in the scene with the thing" either report is much better than getting no feedback at all.

To be more specific about v2 v3 flevels. The text on v2 was dumped and encoded with the previous version of the tool for that (ToughScript). The v3flevel was done with the current version and I think they are identical. The older version maybe had text-sizing problems outside of English, but unless you say otherwise v2 seems fine.