Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4908790 times)

Murasame

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4375 on: 2016-10-30 15:50:53 »
Has Dark Cave's position been moved? I patched the latest flevel and scene but I can't climb the vine at the forgotten city.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: 2016-10-30 23:37:53 »
Has Dark Cave's position been moved? I patched the latest flevel and scene but I can't climb the vine at the forgotten city.

The first step is getting to the bottom of the north crater then speaking to Dio in Battle Square's museum (where the keystone was on display).

nicoco59

• View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: 2016-11-01 00:02:21 »
I just played the Dark Cave sidequest and got stucked by a bug : during the battle against the scorpion robot, and when I think it was about to use his special skill, the battle just stopped, the characters and enemies were still moving, but I couldn't do anything at all.

I dunno if it has been already reported..

Korthac

• View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: 2016-11-01 15:19:39 »
I am really enjoying this mod, thanks for the great work!

Edit: I accidentally skipped the Chocobo Farm by walking across the swamp out of habit. Is this going to be a problem for me in the future?

Edit2: Nevermind got back across the long way.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-01 20:13:22 by Korthac »

Valerion

• View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: 2016-11-02 09:07:33 »
Hi all! Been enjoying the mod all the way to the disc 3, problem is I've read win10 can mess up with the installer, maybe? So now when I get a weird occurrence I dunno if it's a known bug, a messy install or what, so just to be on the safe side I thought about doing a quick report. If any info on the post is redundant/known info, my apologies!

Without further ado and in no particular order:
  • Barret's Enemy Launcher damages everything on the screen. Even the party. Dunno if working as intended, but this one led to some elemental drain shenanigans.
  • Battle Square seems to be handing SP out, and quite a bit. I did a few rounds pre-Bronco to get an early Cursed Ring to pair with that stylish Powersoul and a few more post-Bronco to get some more stuff and Ranks catapulted. Cloud and a few more maxed out at Glacier, the rest shortly after. Overall, I feel I'm getting too much SP; this one is the reason I think I may have messed up something on the install process. Maybe it's just me being paranoid.
  • Boxes on both Gelnika and Shinra HQ assure me I'm getting a Sensei Fist. Both give me a Farmer Glove. Now I have a spare, I guess? :P
  • Is Lost and Found NPC still supposed to be in there? If so, when should he appear? I stopped playing just before jumping into the Crater, dunno if I should trigger him somewhere/sometime.
  • Mime materia dropping as normal, not 1-star mastered. This one I know was reported, but I'm not sure if it was looked upon already.
  • Caith Sith Tank partially immortal, at least some of its parts. Another one I've seen reported but unsure if fixed.
  • Tried to learn Death Force from Adaman on Disc 1. Cloud does the victory dance and I get the notification, but afterwards no Death Force. Subsequent attempts yields same poor results. I start to wonder if my research method is as flawless as I thought. Oddly enough, after getting Highwind I returned to Wutai and learnt it succesfully. Better late than never. So far the only Enemy Skill to give me this problem
Don't know if I'm leaving something out, but those are the ones I remember the most. For the most part the mod works fine, I had no softlocks or extreme problems. It's just little things that seem a bit off and make me think win10 is messing with me enjoying old modded games. Again. :P

I'm playing the Steam version. I did a clean install, then used the main installer, then both hotfixes on the front page.

At any rate, terrific job with the mod. Keep it up and have a nice day!

Edit: Or maybe I missed something in the installation process? Seemed pretty straightforward :|

« Last Edit: 2016-11-02 10:07:41 by Valerion »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4380 on: 2016-11-02 12:52:40 »
Is the IRO still up to date? About to start playing it again in a few days from scratch.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: 2016-11-02 17:02:53 »
hey sega chief

how is the new game+ stuff coming along so far

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: 2016-11-02 17:09:19 »
Hi all! Been enjoying the mod all the way to the disc 3, problem is I've read win10 can mess up with the installer, maybe? So now when I get a weird occurrence I dunno if it's a known bug, a messy install or what, so just to be on the safe side I thought about doing a quick report. If any info on the post is redundant/known info, my apologies!

Without further ado and in no particular order:
  • Barret's Enemy Launcher damages everything on the screen. Even the party. Dunno if working as intended, but this one led to some elemental drain shenanigans.
  • Battle Square seems to be handing SP out, and quite a bit. I did a few rounds pre-Bronco to get an early Cursed Ring to pair with that stylish Powersoul and a few more post-Bronco to get some more stuff and Ranks catapulted. Cloud and a few more maxed out at Glacier, the rest shortly after. Overall, I feel I'm getting too much SP; this one is the reason I think I may have messed up something on the install process. Maybe it's just me being paranoid.
  • Boxes on both Gelnika and Shinra HQ assure me I'm getting a Sensei Fist. Both give me a Farmer Glove. Now I have a spare, I guess? :P
  • Is Lost and Found NPC still supposed to be in there? If so, when should he appear? I stopped playing just before jumping into the Crater, dunno if I should trigger him somewhere/sometime.
  • Mime materia dropping as normal, not 1-star mastered. This one I know was reported, but I'm not sure if it was looked upon already.
  • Caith Sith Tank partially immortal, at least some of its parts. Another one I've seen reported but unsure if fixed.
  • Tried to learn Death Force from Adaman on Disc 1. Cloud does the victory dance and I get the notification, but afterwards no Death Force. Subsequent attempts yields same poor results. I start to wonder if my research method is as flawless as I thought. Oddly enough, after getting Highwind I returned to Wutai and learnt it succesfully. Better late than never. So far the only Enemy Skill to give me this problem
Don't know if I'm leaving something out, but those are the ones I remember the most. For the most part the mod works fine, I had no softlocks or extreme problems. It's just little things that seem a bit off and make me think win10 is messing with me enjoying old modded games. Again. :P

I'm playing the Steam version. I did a clean install, then used the main installer, then both hotfixes on the front page.

At any rate, terrific job with the mod. Keep it up and have a nice day!

Edit: Or maybe I missed something in the installation process? Seemed pretty straightforward :|

Installation is fine:
-) Enemy Launcher is designed to hit everything, including the player party. This can be used to your advantage in a couple of ways.
-) The new SP adjustment means there'll be some variation in when players max their available ranks out; there were a couple places that also give additional SP, like Battle Square, to participating characters.
-) A mix-up in item drops; Sensei Fist was the old name for the weapon, the flevel text hasn't been updated yet. Duplicate drops likely occured because I'm trying to shuffle around some of the gear. That's a mistake on my end.
-) I'll check Mime; I don't think it can be 1-star though due to it disabling the Command for some reason, that might be why it drops as normal.
-) I'd best start from scratch with that tank's AI; this has been an ongoing problem.
-) You need to win the battle to retain an Enemy Skill; did you run away after getting it initially, but kill the Adamantaimai when you returned later with Highwind/stronger party?

Is the IRO still up to date? About to start playing it again in a few days from scratch.

I'll get it up-to-date tonight.

hey sega chief

how is the new game+ stuff coming along so far

Arrange mode is coming along, then I'll need to script Aeris as optional.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: 2016-11-02 17:18:02 »
sega chief

what is going be different with arrange mode on your mod

Valerion

• View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: 2016-11-02 21:01:53 »
It really has been some time since last time I played this game... indeed, I was trying to learn the skill then run like a chicken, as I felt the turtle was a bit too hard to chew fast at that time.

I did try to exploit the launcher on the Uberberries protecting the Mime materia, but I neglected Barret's dex a bit too much this time around, so accuracy was very lacking. I may give striker Barret a go next time. At least now I know I was using it as intended and not exploiting a bug.  ;D

The tank ended up being not as immortal as I thought initially. Just insanely sturdy. Adjustments will be appreciated, though. x)

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: 2016-11-03 01:02:40 »
So a couple of weeks ago I was messing around with the tool Wall Market to edit some text for certain attacks, abilities, summons, limits, etc. and I ran into an Overflow error message when I tried saving and exiting out of the program. I saw an earlier post that you made a few months back saying that you were thinking of editing the text for the limits but that the kernel was already pretty fragile. Did that overflow message occur because I edited too much text, in relation to how much text was edited for this mod, or did I edit something that wasn't supposed to be changed?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: 2016-11-03 03:43:53 »
sega chief

what is going be different with arrange mode on your mod

New events will trigger and a number of enemies will have a twist on their AI or attacks.

So a couple of weeks ago I was messing around with the tool Wall Market to edit some text for certain attacks, abilities, summons, limits, etc. and I ran into an Overflow error message when I tried saving and exiting out of the program. I saw an earlier post that you made a few months back saying that you were thinking of editing the text for the limits but that the kernel was already pretty fragile. Did that overflow message occur because I edited too much text, in relation to how much text was edited for this mod, or did I edit something that wasn't supposed to be changed?

It's tough to say; might be that it can't access the kernel2 or something to save the changes. Try adjusting the writing permissions for the tool. If you're editing an NT kernel then note that there's been trouble in the past for people trying to edit it; some kind of corruption or other issue. Might be to do with the visual basic installation.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile

arciks11

• View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: 2016-11-04 11:09:59 »
Hello

I was playing through the mod and came across a small inconsitency. There's the pair in Wall Mart that is discussing owner's Trash heap. They mentioned Sector 7 Plate falling down, however in story that hasn't happened yet.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-04 15:14:41 by arciks11 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: 2016-11-04 14:50:10 »
Hello

I was playing through the mod and came across a small inconsitency. There's the pair in Wall Mart that is discussing owners Trash heap. They Mentioned Sector 7 Plate falling down, however in story that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe they're time-travellers D:

I'll change the dialogue.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: 2016-11-05 02:55:41 »
There's been something about this game that goes all the way back to the original version that has been bugging be for awhile. When one your characters is attacked (normally by a magical attack, but can happen with physical attacks, as well), sometimes they will face one of your other characters as though that other member hit them, even though that is not the case. Is there a particular reason why this happens? Is it an issue with how attacks and targeting were coded?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: 2016-11-05 06:03:55 »
There's been something about this game that goes all the way back to the original version that has been bugging be for awhile. When one your characters is attacked (normally by a magical attack, but can happen with physical attacks, as well), sometimes they will face one of your other characters as though that other member hit them, even though that is not the case. Is there a particular reason why this happens? Is it an issue with how attacks and targeting were coded?

Do you have a picture of this?

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: 2016-11-05 06:36:21 »
I don't have a picture, but I feel as though I didn't explain this properly, so I'll rephrase. There are times when an enemy attacks, and the character will face another character, do the animation for taking damage from the attack (or the dodge animation if the attack missed), and then go back to facing the enemy. So, if there is a fight with a team consisting of Cloud, Tifa and Barret battling Jenova Life, for example, there may be times where Jenova may attack Tifa with Blue Light. When that happens, sometimes Tifa will face one of the other characters, like Barret for example, do the "take damage" or "dodge" animation, and then face Jenova again. It's almost as if Tifa thinks that Barret was the one that attacked her, but in reality he didn't. It doesn't happen frequently, but it does happen enough for a lot of players to have seen it. This could happen with other enemies, as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: 2016-11-05 09:53:07 »
If I had to guess, it'll be because a character targeted another with a command beforehand;  a spell or item, or Cover perhaps (although I don't think Cover can proc during that Jenova battle against those attacks). And the facing for who 'attacked' them last doesn't get updated until after the enemy's turn has processed.

Valerion

• View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: 2016-11-05 15:07:24 »
Using Odin on the Battle Square right before the Dyne boss fight seems to break his script for some reason. He will attack and such but his "It's that all you got" moves will not trigger. He also seems to die a bit faster, I think. Pretty specific and not gamebreaking, but it seems to work everytime.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: 2016-11-06 13:54:42 »
Using Odin on the Battle Square right before the Dyne boss fight seems to break his script for some reason. He will attack and such but his "It's that all you got" moves will not trigger. He also seems to die a bit faster, I think. Pretty specific and not gamebreaking, but it seems to work everytime.
IIRC, that is true for anything that damages him enough to bypass his first script trigger. I remember just hitting him for more than 1000HP every time and his other attacks just never happened, same for his death animation.

Valerion

• View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: 2016-11-06 14:29:53 »
IIRC, that is true for anything that damages him enough to bypass his first script trigger. I remember just hitting him for more than 1000HP every time and his other attacks just never happened, same for his death animation.

I probably got some LV. Down on the roulette on previous attempts, so I wasn't hitting hard enough. As it started happening once I started using the summon to bypass the auto-barrier guys I thought that was the common factor.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: 2016-11-06 14:37:25 »
I didn't know that Dyne was in battle square; it's been so long since I did the enemy lists for it. I'll likely swap him out for something else, but yeah like Len mentioned you can 'skip' phases in his counter-AI with enough burst damage.

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: 2016-11-07 11:06:21 »
I'm finally starting the mod today.

I'm a bit confused abount the innates, since they are being readjusted often, and I'm not sure if the Readme is up to date (I think Cloud innate is not even on the readme, actually, can't check now).

Would you mind quickly listing the current innates? Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: 2016-11-07 11:50:21 »
These are the current innates.

Spoiler: show

Cloud
-) Gains +25 to strength or +25 to Magic when a command related to that damage type is used by either himself or a party member; this only unlocks after recruiting him again in Mideel.

Barret
-) When hit with physical damage, he will gain a stacking buff to either strength or defensive stats based on whether he is in the front row or back row respectively. Gaining a buff stack of one type will cancel all stacks gained for the other type.

Tifa
-) Once per battle, Tifa will auto-revive with 1HP when KO'd, retaining command input, limit gauge, statuses, etc. (this can work against her if she has Dual-Drain or Poison, however).

Aeris
-) When using Defend, Aeris will absorb Fire, Ice, Bolt, Earth, Water, Wind, and Holy elemental attacks; Poison, Gravity, and Hidden element attacks will still deal damage.

Red XIII
-) As a battle goes on, he will slowly gain Strength and Magic up to +50.

Yuffie
-) When hit by physical damage, she will gain an evasion buff; when hit by magical damage, she will gain a magic evasion buff. Like Barret, only one effect can be active at a given time.

Cait Sith
-) Will sporadically gain HP equal to his currently remaining MP.

Vincent
-) Slowly regens MP, which can go past his MaxMP

Cid
-) When attacked in the front row, Cid will gain Barrier (if he doesn't already have it) and MBarrier if he is in the back row.

By the by, I'm working on Disc 3 enemy HP at the moment; expect to see a significant reduction in their HP following the next patch.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-07 12:33:21 by Sega Chief »