Author Topic: Disappearing e-mail notifications?!  (Read 3622 times)

Goku7

• No life
    • View Profile
Disappearing e-mail notifications?!
« on: 2002-08-09 21:09:20 »
Yeah, I seem to have encountered a problem with e-mail notifications.  I'm not getting any when people are replying.  I've double-checked my profile and settings, and it says that the notifications are enabled.  I've made sure that the checkbox next to the "Notify me when reply is posted" is marked, yet I still don't recieve any.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one that's encountering this problem, or if anyone else is.

mirex

• No life
    • View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #1 on: 2002-08-10 05:39:25 »
It surely worked for me...

The SaiNt

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-08-10 06:01:43 »
I think it happens when you visit the topic directly and not from the link of the last e-mail notification.

Goku7

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2002-08-12 05:32:09 »
How?  The link in the email notification and the topic link you click on in the forums should be one and the same. As far as I've seen, I've never noticed a discrepency between the two, so I'm not so sure that that's it.

Goku7

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2002-09-01 01:47:43 »
Finally nailed down the problem.  Appearantly our E-mail service provider (LinkLINE, for anyone familiar with it), has a supposedly intellegent Spam deterrent built in; its called "SpamTRAP".

My dad had recently re-enbled the Spamtrap on my e-mail account, and as far as we know we are unable to tell spamtrap what to let thru and what not to.

Unfortunately, spamtrap is intercepting the e-mail notifications, not only from here, but also from the X-3Dfx forums too.  My dad usually checks whats in the Spamtrap about twice a week, moving whatever shouldn't have been caught to my inbox, but still the time lag for only doing that twice a week can really be a problem in some cases.

So, basically, I'm just letting you know that its not a problem on your end, Qhimm.

TrAzI

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
hehe
« Reply #5 on: 2002-09-12 17:47:02 »
yea its always Gokus fault whether its his firewall or its some stupid spam buster LOL dont worry guys because ive known this guy for so long and its always been his fault no one elses when it comes to technology hehe.

TrAzI

Goku7

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2002-09-12 19:28:58 »
Ahem!

You mean its my DAD's fault, not mine. :D  If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be splitting this superfast DSL connection 4 ways, wouldn't I? :P

In the past I had asked him repeadidly (sp?) to turn the darn thing off, he kept saying no.