Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 353706 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
This is so amazing! Thank you all guys!

mavirick

• View Profile
Thirdly, I added a new folder for Tonberry 1.6(for those who are using it) where the characters have their own specific hash files.

Are the Tonberry 1.6 hashes working for anyone else? I disabled all other mods and tested them out but it seems like the hashmap organization is a bit off. If I use the character-specific .csv's, only the Selphie texture loads. If I only use the objmap.csv, all characters except Selphie load. I have to use both the objmap.csv and all character-specific .csv's to get all the textures to load. Irvine's texture doesn't seem to load regardless.

They look amazing in game though!

character-specific .csv's only:

objmap.csv only:

both together:

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Are the Tonberry 1.6 hashes working for anyone else? I disabled all other mods and tested them out but it seems like the hashmap organization is a bit off. If I use the character-specific .csv's, only the Selphie texture loads. If I only use the objmap.csv, all characters except Selphie load. I have to use both the objmap.csv and all character-specific .csv's to get all the textures to load. Irvine's texture doesn't seem to load regardless.

They look amazing in game though!

character-specific .csv's only:

objmap.csv only:

both together:

The reason is probably that the hashes aren't completely done, yet. The main things that won't disappear with these are the battlers and high poly characters. The low poly characters will take a lot of time to gather all of the codes. But if you use the objmap by itself, yeah, the characters won't revert because all the low poly codes are found for that. Things will just disappear or glitch at times.

Though, I am surprised that Irvine doesn't load... Maybe something is misplaced or named wrong somewhere?
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 23:32:38 by FatedCourage »

mavirick

• View Profile
The reason is probably that the hashes aren't completely done, yet. The main things that won't disappear with these are the battlers and high poly characters. The low poly characters will take a lot of time to gather all of the codes. But if you use the objmap by itself, yeah, the characters won't revert because all the low poly codes are found for that. Things will just disappear or glitch at times.

Cool, well thanks for all your work, really really awesome to be have such an active community for this game!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Cool, well thanks for all your work, really really awesome to be have such an active community for this game!

No problem. Thanks. I probably have a lot more free time compared to others here. But you said Irvine doesn't load no matter which one you use? He should be using his new textures in that spot regardless of which one you use. 

mavirick

• View Profile
No problem. Thanks. I probably have a lot more free time compared to others here. But you said Irvine doesn't load no matter which one you use? He should be using his new textures in that spot regardless of which one you use. 

Nope, can't get his low-poly to load on Ragnarok or elsewhere. His high-poly texture works fine in battle. I may not be the best guinea pig for this though--I've been having problems getting the background mat to load with the Tripod mod as well, so I guess it's possible there's something specifically wrong with my setup.

Also I think I'm starting to see what you mean by things disappearing :P

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Nope, can't get his low-poly to load on Ragnarok or elsewhere. His high-poly texture works fine in battle. I may not be the best guinea pig for this though--I've been having problems getting the background mat to load with the Tripod mod as well, so I guess it's possible there's something specifically wrong with my setup.

Also I think I'm starting to see what you mean by things disappearing :P

Ah...um... That's new. But I figured out what is causing it. It's the code for Squall out on the world map that allows his new texture or "sqworld_13" in the objmap.

mavirick

• View Profile
So for whatever reason, once I
Spoiler: show
got Rinoa back from the Esthar Sorceress Memorial
Irvine's low-poly texture started loading. Not sure if that is related or just a happy coincidence. It persists even if I load to an earlier save, so it was probably just a glitch on my end. Not sure what caused it, as I tried everything earlier (restarting Steam, even my computer).

« Last Edit: 2015-02-20 03:01:14 by mavirick »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Omzy and I were talking, and it came to my attention that there is a HUGE hashing issue that may be currently overlooked by us modders.
This is regarding collisions.... let me just link to my Tonberry post.

Check for Duplicate Hashcodes

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Is there a program or method to check the hashcodes of objmap and hash1map against the csv files in the hashmap folder for duplicates?

jomies_

• whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    • View Profile
Hello! My name is jomies_ I'm from Spain and is the first time I write! But I've been reading it for quite some time and using some mods!

I had to format the HDD, which I had to install the Tomberry 1.6, but now mods doesn't works, like the mod of FatedCourage. I mean, in battle the characters look with texture mods, but outside they look as are standard.
What I have to do to see them with the textures out of battle?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2015-02-21 20:36:43 by jomies_ »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hello! My name is jomies_ I'm from Spain and is the first time I write! But I've been reading it for quite some time and using some mods!

I had to format the HDD, which I had to install the Tomberry 1.6, but now mods doesn't works, like the mod of FatedCourage. I mean, in battle the characters look with texture mods, but outside they look as are standard.
What I have to do to see them with the textures out of battle?

Thanks!

Make sure you are using FatedCourage's objmap.csv (the one for use with hashmaps) AND the hashmap codes from the Tonberry v1.6 folder he provides.  Also, make sure you have objmap.csv, hash2map.csv, and collisions.csv from the original Tonberry 1.5 in:
steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/

Put each character.csv ("Squall.csv" etc.) from Fated Courage's hashmap folder in:
steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap

jomies_

• whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    • View Profile
Make sure you are using FatedCourage's objmap.csv (the one for use with hashmaps) AND the hashmap codes from the Tonberry v1.6 folder he provides.  Also, make sure you have objmap.csv, hash2map.csv, and collisions.csv from the original Tonberry 1.5 in:
steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/

Put each character.csv ("Squall.csv" etc.) from Fated Courage's hashmap folder in:
steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap

Thanks for reply Mcindus!
Ok, the second part I have already done, but the  objmap.csv, hash2map.csv, and collisions.csv weren't on the download of Tomberry 1.6, I'm gonna to download now the tonberry 1.5 and take the files.

Thanks!

EDIT: Done and works fine! Thanks Mcindus!
« Last Edit: 2015-02-21 22:37:49 by jomies_ »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Just wanted to post an update that I'm still tweaking the textures a bit. I also used current textures to work on a low poly Zell in his SeeD uniform. Don't think it came out too bad, really.

I'll release him after I find the codes and finish editing the other textures. And perhaps I'll do Selphie's as well.

Edit: I worked on Selphie. Far from perfect, but I think she'll get the job done for now.

Edit #2: Finished up Laguna as good as I could. Shoulders are still kind of wonky, though. Much better than the one I believe I accidentally left in the folder.

I also have Irvine as good as I can make him.

All I need to do is tweak Seifer a little more and hopefully have the textures and codes for the SeeD uniforms added tomorrow. And probably tidy up the folder a bit.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-25 07:14:36 by FatedCourage »

All-My-Circuits

• Lives and breathes Final Fantasy VIII
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I have been watching these forums as a guest for a little while now, and felt compelled to sign up and speak my mind.

I have so much admiration for your skill and passion for modding this game! You are truly artists, thank you so much for helping keep FF8 fresh and alive. I've been using these textures for Squall, Selphie and Zell and I'm extremely impressed!

I've no modding skills but I hope that my presence here is still welcome.

I'll be very interested in seeing the things you create next.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Alright - I have finished upscaling 50/59 of the normal enemies, but I have a few minor bugs to work out.  I was hoping on having a full pack before release.... but I can release an alpha version here for you guys if you'd like, but it would be for testing purposes only, seeing as how I'm missing 9 enemies and (probably) a bunch of hashcodes.  Should I?

I need to upscale and hash these enemies:

Esthar Soldier
Esthar Soldier Terminator
Elastoid
Gesper
GIM47N
GIM52A
SAM08G
Paratrooper
Slapper

If anyone out there is using the English version of the game and would like to send me these .bmp textures (and any duplicates of them as well) from your Tonberry debug, I would be -extremely- grateful.  I've already spent too much time finding these ;)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Okay, guys. I'm glad to say that most all the codes for the SeeD characters are done(hopefully). Downside is, Selphie's causes this.

Which is kind of annoying and these are hashmaps. Zell's causes no problems at all to my knowledge. I put a "star" next to the two codes that cause this to disable them, but can be removed if you're okay with this. Still going to release an update soon, though.

Alright - I have finished upscaling 50/59 of the normal enemies, but I have a few minor bugs to work out.  I was hoping on having a full pack before release.... but I can release an alpha version here for you guys if you'd like, but it would be for testing purposes only, seeing as how I'm missing 9 enemies and (probably) a bunch of hashcodes.  Should I?

I need to upscale and hash these enemies:

Esthar Soldier
Esthar Soldier Terminator
Elastoid
Gesper
GIM47N
GIM52A
SAM08G
Paratrooper
Slapper

If anyone out there is using the English version of the game and would like to send me these .bmp textures (and any duplicates of them as well) from your Tonberry debug, I would be -extremely- grateful.  I've already spent too much time finding these ;)

You can always release a test version. I have no problem testing. :D But it's up to you. I believe some of those enemies are in Lunatic Pandora. I have a save for both Squall and Laguna there. See what I can do.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Alright. Here is the next small update to the characters and textures. Things I've worked on:

Zell and Selphie now have low poly SeeD uniforms. (Two codes are disabled due to the glitch/sharing a hashcode seen above.) I also fixed up Squall's SeeD uniform.
Character's low poly versions have been tweaked. This includes Irvine, Laguna(no codes for him yet), Zell, and Seifer.
Added the newer glove texture to "zeheadt".
I've deleted all loose items in the folders. No need to have them and lowers file size.
Added "Char_" in the hashmap names.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/thpfgrw618n0yse/Texture%20Replacement%20%28Alpha%29.zip?dl=0

I plan to tweak Quistis and Rinoa later on. And also plan to actually start gathering codes again, soon.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-26 05:45:34 by FatedCourage »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Alright, well - here's the Alpha version of Lunar Cry, my enemy upscale.

This is for testing purposes only!
Please let me know of any bugs/glitches/missing textures!  Currently, I know that the Geezard texture pops up sometimes where it should not - but let me know if you find more!  Thanks!

LunarCry v1.1a (Alpha Release) by MCINDUS
Download HERE

For bugs:  Give me detailed information on WHERE the glitch was encountered (continent/area) and WHAT type of glitch it was.

3 Steps:
1:  Move the "en" folder into: /FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/textures/ (Merge folders if prompted)
2:  Add LunarCry_v1.1_hm.csv to your tonberry/hashmap directory (for Tonberry v1.6)
3:  Copy/paste the codes from the "LunarCry_v1.1_objmap.csv" file into 'objmap.csv" in your /FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/ folder!

Enjoy testing!

Okay, guys. I'm glad to say that most all the codes for the SeeD characters are done(hopefully). Downside is, Selphie's causes this.
Which is kind of annoying and these are hashmaps. Zell's causes no problems at all to my knowledge. I put a "star" next to the two codes that cause this to disable them, but can be removed if you're okay with this. Still going to release an update soon, though.

Hrm... well - if you hash XATMblahblah, it should fix your problem.  I only have about 10/60 boss textures - but I might just add that one boss to my mod so that your Selphie stops stealing its textures.

By the way, I really like the char_ prefix.  I've added it to every file name and every folder name, so that your mod now occupies the "ch" folder in my textures folder instead of having all of the different folders (a few which merge with others).  This is really just personal preference since we now have a new way to keep track of hashcodes.  I'm going to do the same to my mods in the future, so that way they are easily uninstalled.  I've also made a master hashfile for your mod for Tonberry v1.6 called "FatedCourage_MagoTextures_hm.csv" instead of every character having a separate hashmap file.  The separate files make WAY more sense for testing, but the master file makes sense for the release, as it doesn't 'clutter' up the tonberry v1.6 hashmap folder directory.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-26 07:49:48 by Mcindus »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Hrm... well - if you hash XATMblahblah, it should fix your problem.  I only have about 10/60 boss textures - but I might just add that one boss to my mod so that your Selphie stops stealing its textures.

By the way, I really like the char_ prefix.  I've added it to every file name and every folder name, so that your mod now occupies the "ch" folder in my textures folder instead of having all of the different folders (a few which merge with others).  This is really just personal preference since we now have a new way to keep track of hashcodes.  I'm going to do the same to my mods in the future, so that way they are easily uninstalled.  I've also made a master hashfile for your mod for Tonberry v1.6 called "FatedCourage_MagoTextures_hm.csv" instead of every character having a separate hashmap file.  The separate files make WAY more sense for testing, but the master file makes sense for the release, as it doesn't 'clutter' up the tonberry v1.6 hashmap folder directory.

I tried hashing it. It's code is exactly the same as Selphie's. And it appears the objmap ones don't fix it, either. I mean, making a special texture for the codes with both Selphie and the machine combined would fix it. But I don't really want more clutter.

Actually, I really like your way of adding it to everything. That way it does save space and keep things in check. I'll change everything around once I'm able to do so. I'm always looking for ways to keep things simple. As for the master file thing, it makes sense and I probably should do that. And the name reminds that I better add Mago's Squall as an option for everything. Since I've only been using Devina's all this time. :P Wasn't sure what was the best option for everything. And any suggestions are welcome to help make things better.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I tried hashing it. It's code is exactly the same as Selphie's. And it appears the objmap ones don't fix it, either. I mean, making a special texture for the codes with both Selphie and the machine combined would fix it. But I don't really want more clutter.

Actually, I really like your way of adding it to everything. That way it does save space and keep things in check. I'll change everything around once I'm able to do so. I'm always looking for ways to keep things simple. As for the master file thing, it makes sense and I probably should do that. And the name reminds that I better add Mago's Squall as an option for everything. Since I've only been using Devina's all this time. :P Wasn't sure what was the best option for everything. And any suggestions are welcome to help make things better.

I ran into exactly the same thing when I made my "ochu" enemy upscale.  I tried a method of putting two of the same textures on the top/bottom of the .png, so if the character texture is a single tiled texture, the game pulls up that .png even if the hashcode collides.  This seems to work beautifully, but on characters with multiple tiles, if I do the same thing, we end up with messed up textures when there is a hash collision... so I have to offset the tiles  (like they are in the original .tim files) and put body/head or whatever in alternate top/bottom tiles, which I have yet to do... mainly because it messes up my hashcode names and requires me to rename everything... :P  If you look in the enemy_ochu folder, the first tile has been fixed this way, which reflects how all multiple tiled enemy textures will be in the Beta release.

Also - have you tried JUST using the objmap codes for selphie and boss on that part?  Get rid of your hashcodes for them from the Comm Tower escape and just try the objmap codes.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I ran into exactly the same thing when I made my "ochu" enemy upscale.  I tried a method of putting two of the same textures on the top/bottom of the .png, so if the character texture is a single tiled texture, the game pulls up that .png even if the hashcode collides.  This seems to work beautifully, but on characters with multiple tiles, if I do the same thing, we end up with messed up textures when there is a hash collision... so I have to offset the tiles  (like they are in the original .tim files) and put body/head or whatever in alternate top/bottom tiles, which I have yet to do... mainly because it messes up my hashcode names and requires me to rename everything... :P  If you look in the enemy_ochu folder, the first tile has been fixed this way, which reflects how all multiple tiled enemy textures will be in the Beta release.

Also - have you tried JUST using the objmap codes for selphie and boss on that part?  Get rid of your hashcodes for them from the Comm Tower escape and just try the objmap codes.

Ah... So it isn't just me having that problem. Haven't had a chance to download it, yet. But I will soon and take a look. As you probably saw in my first version of my downloads, I combined a few textures myself. But removed them on this download because the hash codes work fine for them. Except for the battlers. They cause no problems set up that way and I can keep the textures in very few folders.

Yes, I used the objmap codes when I was creating Selphie and the boss shows up fine. But two NPCs disappear. That being the dog you save for a better SeeD score and the hotel receptionist in Balamb. Which you see she is gone in the picture. I could just get the objmap codes for them to fix that, though. Just wasn't sure what to name them or where to place them.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-26 19:32:35 by FatedCourage »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Yes, I used the objmap codes when I was creating Selphie and the boss shows up fine. But two NPCs disappear. That being the dog you save for a better SeeD score and the hotel receptionist in Balamb. Which you see she is gone in the picture. I could just get the objmap codes for them to fix that, though. Just wasn't sure what to name them or where to place them.

I have a folder where I'm storing NPC's.  If I were you, I would just create a char_npc_balclerk, char_npc_doldog, etc folders and hash them there.  And then add it to your mod - I'll even upscale the textures a bit for them if you'd like.  You can treat NPC's like an on-going project that way, just as I plan to do with the Bosses.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I have a folder where I'm storing NPC's.  If I were you, I would just create a char_npc_balclerk, char_npc_doldog, etc folders and hash them there.  And then add it to your mod - I'll even upscale the textures a bit for them if you'd like.  You can treat NPC's like an on-going project that way, just as I plan to do with the Bosses.

I'll probably do that then. I might take you up on that later on since my upscale skills are...not too great. But that's what you get for using a free program also. Also, here are a few .bmps I debugged from a few areas you can upscale. All the enemies textures should be there. The only enemies I haven't gotten to yet are the Paratrooper and Slapper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhkoo22ydbmnwu7/Enemies.zip?dl=0

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I'll probably do that then. I might take you up on that later on since my upscale skills are...not too great. But that's what you get for using a free program also. Also, here are a few .bmps I debugged from a few areas you can upscale. All the enemies textures should be there. The only enemies I haven't gotten to yet are the Paratrooper and Slapper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhkoo22ydbmnwu7/Enemies.zip?dl=0

This is excellent!  You wouldn't happen to have any alternate bitmaps that you haven't thrown out, would you?  for example - where the tiles are flipped to the opposite sites of the image (top/bottom).  I'll have all of the codes if I use all 4 objmap codes for each enemy.  I think it has something to do with if the texture is loaded with multiple rows of enemies... let's use forbidden as an example:

If I provide all of these codes (objmap codes actually), then it seems like most every instance of that enemy works unless they share a hashcode.