Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Config v2.3 (Compatible with ReShade)  (Read 177886 times)

Squall-lionheart

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Downsampling + SweetFX Config
« Reply #50 on: 2016-04-23 23:11:27 »
Hello, I am trying to use this mod and I am getting small white lines in and around the text in the Menus (start screen and in-game menu). Any idea why and how I can get rid of the lines??

Shira

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2016-05-29 01:02:10 »
Game crash with start up while using gedosato

===== Sun May 29 01:54:03 2016 =====
===== start GeDoSaTo version 0.21.2136 built on 2016/02/04 18:12:48 "How Could Hell Be Any Worse" (GENERIC/RELEASE) = fn: FF8_EN
===== installation directory: D:\Programs\GeDoSaTo\
WARNING: no rendering resolutions specified in ini
===== end =

I set this resolution but it keeps coming... Any ideas?

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2016-05-29 14:20:04 »
it does not work anymore...(Game keeps crashing) dont know why but I didnt changed enything. Was fine a while ago.

Shira

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2016-05-29 20:43:57 »
Fixed the problem by uninstalling Tonberry though it is not really fix because it was supposed to work with it, i will have to drop gedosato for now it seems.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #54 on: 2016-05-29 21:05:29 »
Try going to "Edit Settings" and find "interceptOnlySystemDlls". Set it to "true" and see if GeDoSaTo will work then. It works for me. Though, the text in the menu and title screen have some strange artifacts. But that's about it.

Shira

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2016-05-29 23:22:03 »
Now their working perfectly together, though i don't have any artifacts anywhere, thanks.

Zantetsuken88

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2016-06-07 23:21:15 »
Hello,

I'm having the same problem as Andyus86 it would seem, except he wasn't kind enough to share his solution  :|

I've gone through every single post and checked all my settings but I'm still having the same problem.

The game is launching in a small window (with a fuzzy resolution) despite having fullscreen enabled. If I disable fullscreen, the game launches at the correct resolution in a window with a black square covering the top right corner.

Changing the GeDoSaTo default settings to force fullscreen does indeed force fullscreen but at the wrong resolution. Log files aren't showing any errors. I have the latest version of this, Tonberry enhanced, RaW. I installed all these mods this week, so everything is fresh and was tested and working great - only GeDoSaTo is causing problems.

Any help would be so much appreciated - I'm so close to the perfect setup!

Thanks in advance :)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: 2016-08-01 05:08:04 »
Hello,

I'm having the same problem as Andyus86 it would seem, except he wasn't kind enough to share his solution  :|

I've gone through every single post and checked all my settings but I'm still having the same problem.

The game is launching in a small window (with a fuzzy resolution) despite having fullscreen enabled. If I disable fullscreen, the game launches at the correct resolution in a window with a black square covering the top right corner.

Changing the GeDoSaTo default settings to force fullscreen does indeed force fullscreen but at the wrong resolution. Log files aren't showing any errors. I have the latest version of this, Tonberry enhanced, RaW. I installed all these mods this week, so everything is fresh and was tested and working great - only GeDoSaTo is causing problems.

Any help would be so much appreciated - I'm so close to the perfect setup!

Thanks in advance :)

Not sure if you ever figured it out, but I'll post how I fixed it since I ran into the same problem. Maybe this'll help others in the future. From what I tested, the game doesn't seem to like the resolution "3840x2160" or higher for me when using GeDoSaTo. Even though it used to work just fine and still works fine if I use Nvidia's DSR instead. So I activated the resolution "3200x1800" in the config file, used that, and the game runs the way it should. You still get the perks of downscaling/postprocessing effects and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two resolutions with this game.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-01 05:12:28 by FatedCourage »

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2016-11-17 18:28:13 »
Well it's me again... this time in this topic.

I still can't get CRT post processing working :(
I changed some settings in the config because of strange things happening (f.e. in config "durante" pp ist enabled, in game it says it's "asmodean", etc. o.O) and now the game crashs when loading with an unknown error...

So, would someone mind to share settings?

PS: If I use the Addons (Hardcoremode, etc.) and therefore a new Launcher, do I have to edit GeDoSaTo'S whitelist or would it still work because it's the same name of the *.exe?

Infin1tyZer0

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2016-12-01 07:21:09 »
Hello Mcindus,

Thank you for everything you have done with this game!  I'm currently using all available mods and they are working great.  However, the only snag I've run into is the GeDoSaTo mod.  I feel like i'm doing everything correct according to your instructions.  However, I am unable to see my "new" resolution of 3840x2160 in the Launcher.  I do not know if i'm missing a step or not.  Pretty much I downloaded the executable.  Downloaded the config v1.1 file.  Copy and pasted them in the correct folders and ran the .exe.  I haven't made any changes to any of the settings in the app.  I'm currently running my desktop resolution at 1920x1080 @ 144Hz.  Do i need to change the renderResolution Hz to 144 from 60 in the .ini file?  Also I'm a bit confused with what is written at the bottom of the FF8 Launcher .ini file
# MANDATORY #
# FF8 Queries it's resolution through the launcher, so this is neccessary
# In the launcher, choose the new downsampled resolution!
# This overrides the 800x600 resolution in the Launcher with your new resolution
# 0 = override disabled
overrideWidth 800
overrideHeight 600

Does this mean that the 800x600 resolution in the launcher becomes the new resolution of 3840x2160, and so I have to choose 800x600?  Or should I be seeing 3840x2160 in the list of resolutions in the launcher?

Any help would be great.  I have yet to install the RaW W06 yet to avoid any issues.

Tenaka89

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2016-12-01 15:34:42 »
Hi Guys,
I recently bought FFVIII on stream and was really happy to see so many mods to enhance the game. Up until now i think everything is working fine, here is a list of mods I installed:
-Rebirth Flame (HD character models) v1.2
-Tripod (HD triple triad) v1.1
-Project Eden (HD backgrounds)
-HorizonPack (HD World map textures)
-SeeD Reborn (HD menu overhaul) v3.2
-Lunar Cry (HD enemy upscale) v1.2
-Tonberry Mod (Base mod) v2.04 enhanced

-FF8 Controller Button by mcindus
-Replacement FMVs by LeonhartGR
-Roses and Wine, DLPBs Original Soundtrack (audio replacement)
-BattlefieldPack (battelfield upscale) v2.0
-Apocalypse (Boss upscale) v1.1

like Infin1tyZer0 i did everything explained to get GeDoSaTo  to work, but it just isnt :-\

Im running on Windows 7 (gtx 970)and launching the game via steam, but there is no 3840x2160 option available. selecting 800x600@60hz doesn't change anything either.I also noticed that running the game on 1920x1080@60hz fullscreen (without GeDoSaTo) gives me a 4:3 display with black borders, while running it on 800x600 ( still without GeDoSaTo) at least stretches it.
I used this video on yt as reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHDJPnAH2A and the emblem on the main screen never looked that sharp for me.
Is there something Im missing? would be nice if someone could help :)
Greetings

edit: forgot to mention, I installed RaW W06 and I can't find a FF+.exe
« Last Edit: 2016-12-01 15:56:38 by Tenaka89 »

Infin1tyZer0

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2016-12-03 00:10:34 »
Are you also receiving this Error "The program can't start because D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing from your computer." after you try running the launcher from the Final Fantasy VIII steam folder?

I double checked at that specific driver is in the GeDoSaTo folder.  I don't know what is causing this error.  I hope someone can help us with this problem LoL.

Infin1tyZer0

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2016-12-03 00:38:48 »
Hey Tenaka89,

I believe I have figured out the issue.  After doing more research in regards to that error message I was getting, what I did was just copy and paste the D3DCOMPILER_47.dll file that is located in the GeDoSaTo folder, and put it in the Final Fantasy VIII folder in the steamapps/common folder.  I didn't get the error when I ran Launcher.exe and now I see the new resolutions in the drop down.  Hopefully this works for ya!

Lotus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2017-02-05 17:36:12 »
hello guys this is my first post here i hope someone can help me :) my monitor is 1920x1080 60hz can i play with gedosato at 7680x4320 ?every time i set the 7680x4320 resolution game doesnt start..  can you copy paste the ini files or something? cause im really confused thanks !

Lotus

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Resolution Config by MCINDUS
« Reply #64 on: 2017-02-09 18:21:58 »
I'm actually loaded to the teeth with mods too... I guess I should do a vanilla screenshot comparison XD

hello guys this is my first post here i hope someone can help me :) my monitor is 1920x1080 60hz can i play with gedosato at 7680x4320 ?every time i set the 7680x4320 resolution game doesnt start..  can you copy paste the ini files or something? cause im really confused thanks !

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2017-04-20 06:34:42 »
Hey, It's been a while but i've come back to play FF8 for the 50 millionth time.
I've had all the mods before, got them all running again except gedosato
For some reason i cannot get it working this time.

I've installed it the correct way (making sure the visual studio is installed first, and making sure secure boot is off as im running windows 10)
Then proceeded to install gedosato, then i put in Mcindus configs + i changed the resolutions to be 2x my native resolution (my monitor is 2560x1440@144hz)
so i changed it to 5120@2880@144
Sure enough i get the options in game to change to those resolutions with (59, 60, 120, 144hz)
However when i launch the game it crashes and i get an unknown exception has occured,
If i turn gedosato off the game launches fine on native res
if i use gedosato to have the native resolution the game launches to a black screen until i press escape then the game crashes.

Last time i got this working i believe i was on win 8 or win 8.1 and everything worked flawlessly
However i had a typical 1080p@60hz monitor last time
I believe gedosato is not working properly, does anyone know a fix for my issue? Thanks

Dug a little deeper and found that i'm having this problem constantly
===== Thu Apr 20 15:49:32 2017 =====
===== start GeDoSaTo version 0.21.2310 built on 2016/06/12 10:30:28 "How Could Hell Be Any Worse" (GENERIC/RELEASE) = fn: FF8_EN
===== installation directory: C:\Users\Josh\Documents\GeDoSaTo\
WARNING: no rendering resolutions specified in ini
 -> ERROR 7 creating hook for Direct3DCreate9Ex, target: 5AFCB06C, dll: 02BC0000
and keeps on going
===== end =

I've gone over the ini because of the WARNING: no rendering resolutions specified in ini
in the FF8_EN there is no resolutions, that's all in the FF8_Launcher

this is my launcher
# FINAL FANTASY VIII LAUNCHER SETTINGS

# Both the .exe and launcher files are needed to ensure downsampling

########################################################################################
# Graphics settings

# SELECT ONLY ONE RESOLUTION
# format: renderResolution [width]x[height]@[hz]
clearRenderResolutions
#renderResolution 3200x1800@60
#renderResolution 3840x2160@60
#renderResolution 4480x2520@60
renderResolution 5120x2880@144
#renderResolution 7680x4320@60

# MANDATORY #
# FF8 Queries it's resolution through the launcher, so this is neccessary
# In the launcher, choose the new downsampled resolution!
# This overrides the 800x600 resolution in the Launcher with your new resolution
# 0 = override disabled
overrideWidth 800
overrideHeight 600

It's like gedosato just doesn't work with win10?

« Last Edit: 2017-04-20 07:08:43 by D-Day Josh »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #66 on: 2017-04-20 15:52:22 »
Does it still do this even after setting "interceptOnlySystemDlls" to "true" in the "Edit Settings"?

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2017-04-21 05:12:11 »
Does it still do this even after setting "interceptOnlySystemDlls" to "true" in the "Edit Settings"?

Setting it to true fixed that issue, Thank you.
Although i'm still not sure if it's working correctly, i remember last time i used gedosato it used to tell you it was downsampling when u first launched the game
Now it's not doing that, it's also in windowed screen and the resolution doesn't look so great.

Edit

After changing the in game settings so that full screen is disabled
(keep aspect ratio doesn't seem to make a difference)
it launches to a windowed full screen, and the resolution looks better. I use MSI After burner overlay to monitor temps/etc for other games
with gedosato resolution set it makes the writing super small on msi afterburner overlay, which makes me think the resolution has been set right
but there is definately no confirmation of the downsampling by gedosato
quote mcindus from pg1 "You will see text in the top left of the screen confirming your downsampling rate if you did everything right"

Looking at the configs everything seems to be right, i've changed the presentwidth/height to 0 & hz to 144
theres no more errors in the logs.
Just no confirmation from Gedosato on the upper left makes me feel it's not working, plus being in full screen windowed annoys me
borderless windowed would be fine (i also edited the ini so that it forces borderless windowed but that didn't work

i also use RaW v06 i don't know if this would cause any issues seeing it doesn't use a seperate launcher anymore
« Last Edit: 2017-04-21 05:34:56 by D-Day Josh »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: 2017-04-21 23:27:20 »
Setting it to true fixed that issue, Thank you.
Although i'm still not sure if it's working correctly, i remember last time i used gedosato it used to tell you it was downsampling when u first launched the game
Now it's not doing that, it's also in windowed screen and the resolution doesn't look so great.

Edit

After changing the in game settings so that full screen is disabled
(keep aspect ratio doesn't seem to make a difference)
it launches to a windowed full screen, and the resolution looks better. I use MSI After burner overlay to monitor temps/etc for other games
with gedosato resolution set it makes the writing super small on msi afterburner overlay, which makes me think the resolution has been set right
but there is definately no confirmation of the downsampling by gedosato
quote mcindus from pg1 "You will see text in the top left of the screen confirming your downsampling rate if you did everything right"

Looking at the configs everything seems to be right, i've changed the presentwidth/height to 0 & hz to 144
theres no more errors in the logs.
Just no confirmation from Gedosato on the upper left makes me feel it's not working, plus being in full screen windowed annoys me
borderless windowed would be fine (i also edited the ini so that it forces borderless windowed but that didn't work

i also use RaW v06 i don't know if this would cause any issues seeing it doesn't use a seperate launcher anymore

And this is where GeDoSaTo does weird things depending on the user. Even I have issues going past the default resolution Mcindus has set. And it only appears to do it with FF8. No worries on RaW affecting anything. It doesn't. But, sadly, I haven't figured out a solution for why it doesn't work properly with certain resolutions.

D-Day Josh

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2017-04-29 16:10:01 »
oh well with all the mods everyone in this amazing community has brought out the game already looks amazing so i am happy.
Thanks for help, great community

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #70 on: 2017-04-30 02:43:05 »
oh well with all the mods everyone in this amazing community has brought out the game already looks amazing so i am happy.
Thanks for help, great community

Hey Josh, if you're using Win10 (which I didn't catch before) - have you tried installing directx9c from here?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

This might also help:
Hey Tenaka89,

I believe I have figured out the issue.  After doing more research in regards to that error message I was getting, what I did was just copy and paste the D3DCOMPILER_47.dll file that is located in the GeDoSaTo folder, and put it in the Final Fantasy VIII folder in the steamapps/common folder.  I didn't get the error when I ran Launcher.exe and now I see the new resolutions in the drop down.  Hopefully this works for ya!

As far as the windowed mode, etc - i'm not sure.  You might have to roll back to an older version of gedosato?  I believe either the gedosato update changed how things are handled (letting you know the resolution works, etc.) but I haven't tested any of this in forever.  I've been extremely busy as an environment artist for an MMORPG and have little time to even respond to posts.  I hope any of this helped you!

Rodumas

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2017-05-06 23:41:28 »
Okay, I've been following the whole post pretty closely today, since I wanted to install this. But then I realized: You said STEAM version only. So if my game isn't running through steam but still on the pc, I can't use this?

EDIT: Never mind. That D3Dcompiler placement suggestion by Infinity worked like a charm!
« Last Edit: 2017-05-08 21:20:40 by Rodumas »

Formedras

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2017-07-10 05:56:48 »
Hey, this seems great and all (haven't tried it yet; just installed GeDoSaTo), but could you ditch the ad.fly link? I mean, sites like that are just plain dangerous to less-savvy (and even some more-savvy) internet users. I had at least three different fake download pages (one of which wanted me to enable notifications for it before it would let me "download") before I hit the proper MEGA link.

Link removed. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2017-07-11 16:43:46 by Covarr »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #73 on: 2017-07-10 06:20:47 »
Hey, this seems great and all (haven't tried it yet; just installed GeDoSaTo), but could you ditch the ad.fly link? I mean, sites like that are just plain dangerous to less-savvy (and even some more-savvy) internet users. I had at least three different fake download pages (one of which wanted me to enable notifications for it before it would let me "download") before I hit the proper MEGA link.

-_-  there's a reason I have an adfly link.  These mods are free, and I spent hours upon hours of my life creating/editing/compiling the mods that I've worked on for no return.  You going through the ad process is pretty much a 'thank you' to me for the free mod.

It's pretty disrespectful for you to just post a direct link to my mod without my permission first.  Please take that link down.

I do agree however, that Adfly has become kind of predatory.  I'm not sure what else out there works well - so maybe i'll have to go back to my old linkbucks links.  I wasn't having any complaints with those.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-11 16:43:52 by Covarr »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #74 on: 2017-08-16 10:15:01 »
I spent a few hours this past weekend tinkering with this until I got it to work exactly how I wanted!!

Updating the OP with the newest version!!!

Fixes:
- Make sure you list the proper Frequency of your Output Device in the FF8_Launcher Profile!  (example: 59Hz, 144Hz, etc.)
- There is pretty decent Steam Overlay functionality, so this may enable us to use the Overlay along-side Tonberry!  I've been taking screenshots like a madman.

EDIT*********
Hm.  It looks like I was able to simplify a bit of this.  Going to release an update soon, but you can use this profile in the meantime. :)

You don't need to disable fullscreen in the launcher - for some reason, that was giving me issues before and now it's fixed.  The only thing the launcher actually needs is the Resolution Override selection.  I'll also be attempting to get the mouse to work in overlay mode.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-16 22:27:44 by Mcindus »