Author Topic: [FF7PC] Final Fantasy VII "AVALANCHE ARISEN" Battle Textures iro  (Read 76010 times)

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Hello all,

My name is Uprisen and I am the Project Manager for Project Echo-S and the founder of AVALANCHE ARISEN.
AVALANCHE ARISEN is a sister group to Project Echo-S and our primary goal is to remake, remodel, and retexture all the visual aspects of Final Fantasy VII. This includes battle scenes, field scenes, character/enemy/npc models, world map, and spell/summon animations. As of this moment I have a first release of the Battle Texture IRO. It contains every battle scene in the game retextured to the best available quality I could produce. I will continue to update these scenes as I have recently learned how to adjust the models for the scenes which will fix some of the clipping and spacing issues that are currently in this mod.

I started this project 6 months ago with zero prior experience and this iro is the result of over 200 hours of work.

Download:
To install extract the IRO from the 7z file and place it in your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder then launch 7h and it will appear in your library.

1k resolution images (460mb instead of 2.3gb) https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/3?tab=files
To intall simply unzip and place the "battle" folder in your FF7/mods/textures folder

STEAM version

My YT video tutorial for installing 7h https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uQt2uaQc&t=1s

New ULTRALITE pack now available on nexus. 256x256 max textures to match vanilla. Just a simple waifu downscale and pack is untested and will not be updated unless I also make a major texture change to the full pack.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-01 02:44:04 by EQ2Alyza »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII "AVALANCHE ARISEN" Battle Textures iro
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-21 10:55:03 »
Great stuff! Are you interested in removing the square shadow look of the ground? I actually planed to do it myself when I finished all human characters for the battles but maybe you're faster then me. The thing is that every battle map has some light backed on it. However this can be removed with Kimera, so you have the option to bake now light on the texture or use kimera's lighting tool to shade the vertecies again. Though the problem is that Kimera doesn't load all objects of the battle map, but if you plan to only fix the ground, this will be enough.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-12-21 12:04:43 »
These look quite good!  I'll definitely be downloading and comparing to the ones we already have.  I know some textures have only been upscaled, so it will be nice to be able to replace those with more that have been made from scratch

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-21 16:02:13 »
Great stuff! Are you interested in removing the square shadow look of the ground? I actually planed to do it myself when I finished all human characters for the battles but maybe you're faster then me. The thing is that every battle map has some light backed on it. However this can be removed with Kimera, so you have the option to bake now light on the texture or use kimera's lighting tool to shade the vertecies again. Though the problem is that Kimera doesn't load all objects of the battle map, but if you plan to only fix the ground, this will be enough.

YES! I am going to be adjusting the lighting and adjusting the position of the models of the stage in order to remove clipping issues. As you play through youll see that areas like the reactor catwalk are horribly missaligned, or that the world map battle scenes have a clear line where the backgrounds smash into each other at an angle and even with a perfect seemless texture that I use it ends up making a clear line where the images dont appear alligned. Tsunamix is also converting several of the backgroud images to a 3d model for me so that I can remove the super distorted pixel look they have. He already has done the building in the Aeris deds fight but I dont have a drawing tablet and my painting skill in gimp are very lacking so Im currently unable to make it a nice high quality, insted I just plasterd a base generic color/texture layer over the entier thing. Its my personal least favorite thing in the entire iro but it just serves as a good reference point for me as i move foward completeing this and other projects.

These look quite good!  I'll definitely be downloading and comparing to the ones we already have.  I know some textures have only been upscaled, so it will be nice to be able to replace those with more that have been made from scratch

I was inspired by Team Avalanche after playing with their battle and field scenes and I was deeply saddened when I saw that they had stopped production of their work. But just like Barret says in Cosmo Canyon "Urrrrrgh! I'm gonna do it!!
Again... Again... AVALANCHE's born again!" And just like that AVALANCHE ARISEN was born.

Looking foward into the new year you guys can expect to see a completed world map released mid-late January, Several updates to this IRO over the first few months to fix remaining issues, and even a magic texture update. I am also working on several methods to upscale and do corrections on the field scenes. I know that there are enough basic upscales available but I have been working with Tsunamix to rethink the way that we upscale. Our method should provide the closest comparision to Team Avalanches fields without actually redrawing the entire game.

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #4 on: 2017-12-21 19:34:28 »
Nice work man!I already rework on magics textures and magics models effects but i’m not satisfied for ice magic if you can make a good render this can be really good!

You can see a part of my work on my YouTube channel

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC6PMOMCsZPshYHHICiSaWAQ
« Last Edit: 2017-12-21 19:36:44 by kela51 »

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-12-22 00:29:32 »
These look awesome man! Any chance for a future PNG release? I don't use 7th Heaven lol. No worries if you don't plan on that though. Keep it up!

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-12-22 01:16:20 »
Nice work man!I already rework on magics textures and magics models effects but i’m not satisfied for ice magic if you can make a good render this can be really good!

I actually havent even cracked into the magic files yet, but if you want to come join the AVALANCHE ARISEN discord channel im sure that I can help out with the textures. https://discord.gg/ZhUrK3

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-12-22 09:59:06 »
These look awesome man! Any chance for a future PNG release? I don't use 7th Heaven lol. No worries if you don't plan on that though. Keep it up!

Ill upload the pngs for use with Aali's driver in a few hours. And over the next few days ill rename them bakc to their tex id's and upload them for use with the direct folder.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-12-22 11:09:25 »
None of that is necessary. 7th heaven is able to extract iro data into whatever folder you want. Then just put the files into the mod folder you designate in the openly cfg.  If you use reunion is in mod/reunion/battle

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-12-22 11:16:30 »
Alot of people still seem scared of using 7h for general modding and I really dont understand why. But I might as well go ahead and do the work for those who dont like 7h or dont understand the steps involved in using it lol.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #10 on: 2017-12-22 16:07:35 »
Obesebear does this mean he doesn't have to rename everything? Just upload the contents of the iro as a folder instead?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-12-22 17:57:50 »
in ff7_opengl.cfg you set your modpath to whatever folder name you want.  Inside that folder you make another folder called battle and toss all the images in there

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-12-22 18:57:19 »
I personally prefer not to use an iro for these kind of mods. Texture mods are usually huge, but thanks to the modpath of Aali's driver, they are easy to replace or to remove. There is no need for 7H to deal with huge amounts of textures when they are simple replacer. I have the feeling that texture mods do have a bad timing effect on the execution of a command in the battles (a short stuck when casting a spell fo example). Maybe with a fusion of Dan's new mod manager and 7H we can have a way to really install mods for static replacer and have the power to use the dynamics of 7H of the conditional folder to expand the boundaries of the game.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-12-27 09:14:19 »
Really nice stuff!

I didn't expect this to happen.

Keep up the excellent work, UpRisen!

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017-12-27 13:47:07 »
Thanks for all of the feedback and positive remarks. Heres a few samples of the world map retex im trying

Still need to smooth out the ropes and replace the missing pixels to the bridge planks, couldnt decide if i wanted them missing or there to show damage.

The towns are going to be really hard for me, Im used to working on 2k sized images, now im on 256-512 and towns require alot of tweaking, This wutai isnt finished yet, still need to do the ground, adjust the color of the brown and add the smaller details like lanters+stairs.

And just like my battle scenes im using "hard" transparent textures to give put out my effects.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-12-28 04:06:17 »
Perhaps for the bridges' ropes some different coloring?

The way it is now it is too similar to the wood of the planks... I'd suggest changing to beige.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2018-01-01 13:28:16 »
This is insane! Thanks a lot :) hope you continue with this textures improving :D

You can see a part of my work on my YouTube channel

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC6PMOMCsZPshYHHICiSaWAQ

Mate any chance to share your magics textures and magics models effects? Would be great.. thx and Happy New Year to all!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #17 on: 2018-01-03 05:40:18 »
Is this mod updated in 7th Heaven? I don't seem to spot it as ""AVALANCHE ARISEN" tag.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #18 on: 2018-01-03 06:40:07 »
I don't think it's been added to 7H yet, It's a custom mod as of now.
You'll need to download it then use the import function on the library tab

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2018-01-03 12:46:14 »
You'll need to download it then use the import function on the library tab

that is one method. An even faster way it to just place the IRO file into your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder then launch 7h and it will auto import.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2018-01-08 00:05:52 »
Great work man, thanks.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2018-01-11 09:50:08 »
I found a draw back. The battle fields can't be increased in size without getting rendering issues, though there is some room. A 50% increase looks good but when you cast a summon like Ramuh you'll see for short moment unredered background (when the cam moves away). I would say without further testing that an increase of 25% should be fine.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2018-01-13 11:21:51 »
Wow your work looks very nice ! I will test it asap and come back to say my opinion about it ;)
Any chance to see new battle models characters ? I am looking for many years now for some (there is some very good in 7th like Cloud or Tifa, but some are so so or bugged like Cid or yuffie)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2018-01-13 11:57:28 »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1248483437

Vincent, Yuffie and Cait Sith aren't revisited yet, but will be. Next is Vincent on my list.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2018-01-13 13:17:26 »
Oh good i will fallow it thx You