Miscellaneous Forums > Scripting and Reverse Engineering

[Discussion] 7th Heaven NextGen or sth different?

(1/3) > >>

Insight:
Hi everyone,

i just think we should discuss something about 7th heaven.

Mentioning in the other topic, I am interested to overhaul the current 7th heaven. Reasons e.g. is the overall UI and bugs. Sticking to WPF, C# and so on, since my strong point is in WPF and UI ...
I started to redo the UI in the past, but iro was not really helping at all and not willing to make his project open-source (at that time, but it is more or less now). So i stopped. now he is vanished, the tool itself gets maintained somewhat by ficedula, but i don't see an overall agenda.

I got in touch with Elyza and we have discussed some stuff and she is willing to help and support me. Probably this goes for every project that is getting DONE, really done. My time is as scarce as everyone else i guess. This means, the progress is slow, but there would be progress at some point.

As I was about to start this topic, I have seen a post from DLPB at discord who is going to make a new or similar system. Maybe others and myself don't want to spend time for nothing, so i was just going to ask everyone who is working on something for us / themselves.... why dont we join up and make something good?

I won't get into any details, because it doesn't matter currently, so I was wondering what the feedback would be ...
You're welcome and thank you for reading!

DLPB_:
I am also currently making my own mod manager integrated into Aali's driver.  But I don't know C very well so it's proving a hassle.

Insight:
So you are going to do something awesome, i see. :-)

from my perspective, it is not impossible to generate a UI from a different language as long it is possible to execute your desired with the respective settings. since i dont know anything from your architecture or what you are doing, i cannot say.

But to be honest, this case is exactly what i meant. Why not develop something together in a way where everyone can benefit from. making it open-source is also a good approach in the end, so it will be available to anyone who wants to contribute or want to take over.

DLPB_:
My way of doing it allows for a degree of leniency but is more catered to entire mods that are self contained - because I think that's the best way of doing it.  7H is nice but it adds so many issues and will never manage to work out all the inconsistencies.

My way will be open source if using aali's driver code.  It's a fairly simple system that makes use of whole lgp reads and directmode.

Covarr:
The Tools sections are for releases, not for discussion. Moved to Scripting & Reverse Engineering. ~Covarr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version