Author Topic: please help! can't change to disc 2 *spoilers  (Read 1925 times)

rrlslacker

please help! can't change to disc 2 *spoilers
« on: 2005-12-10 14:53:41 »
I've been playing FF7 on my pc for about 2 weeks and loving it (it's great because I have video out to my TV and a controller converter that actually let's me play with a PS2 controller), but now I'm seriously stuck. After I beat Jenova LIFE and got to the screen where it says insert disc 2 it doesn't do anything when I put it into either of my cd drives. I'm guessing this is because I have a burned copy (not downloaded though). Does anyone know how to fix this?  Also what is the deal with the question "would you like to save to this point on your computer"? When I restart all I have is the save from before Aeris is killed.

but2002

• View Profile
    • http://www.allgamingnetwork.co.nr
please help! can't change to disc 2 *spoilers
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-10 16:06:53 »
When this screen pops up load the disk into the SAME drive wait till it loads press any button.   lol   plenty of ppl have thet prob      --or--    it could be a system error. go into your registry    start>run>regedit>HKEY_LOCaL_MACHINE>software>square soft, inc>final fantasy VII       make sure that the data drive is set to X:\  (x being the letter of your TOP cd-rom drive   (usually D))

steven

• View Profile
Re: please help! can't change to disc 2 *spoilers
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-10 19:56:09 »
Quote from: rrlslacker
I've been playing FF7 on my pc for about 2 weeks and loving it (it's great because I have video out to my TV and a controller converter that actually let's me play with a PS2 controller), but now I'm seriously stuck. After I beat Jenova LIFE and got to the screen where it says insert disc 2 it doesn't do anything when I put it into either of my cd drives. I'm guessing this is because I have a burned copy (not downloaded though). Does anyone know how to fix this?  Also what is the deal with the question "would you like to save to this point on your computer"? When I restart all I have is the save from before Aeris is killed.
how do you save the end disk 1 save do you save over a ilder save or make a new save file? try doing both and turn off the game and restart it and one of them should still be there.