Author Topic: large amount of questions about ff7 mods  (Read 17798 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
large amount of questions about ff7 mods
« on: 2009-08-06 07:36:44 »
all the mods i have applied work perfectly

Yamp

NPC reconstruction mod

high res cloud mod

and others i think

i also use the Jenova file editor

anyway, my first question is this

when the NPC reconstruction mod is updated further (100 percent, me wants you) am i able to apply that to my FF7 that already has an earlier version of said mod

if i were to find say, a mod to switch cloud with sephiroth or zack, would that work with the NPC reconstruction mod

is there any mods to allow you to control Vincent when he is transformed

is there any mods that allow you to change the stats of weapons (i wanna just use the buster sword)

is there any mods to add a materia that allows you to use supernova (i would love that)

is there any mods that allow you to add extra characters to your group without replacing (not on the battlefield, but like add more characters over all, like zack, sephiroth, or maybe a mod to stop Dyne from killin himself and having him join you)

and is there any mods to allow you to get limit breaks from attacking enemies, instead of being attacked

im most interested in a mod to allow you to change stats about weapons, if i may:

i'd like it to allow me to change how much materia it olds and if they have connections, strength and accuracy, and cost if you buy said weapon

thanks, and yes, i have searched for some of these, but my eyes hurt just looking

also, is there any turtorials that get you into modding, i want to learn how

anyways thanks

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: large amount of questions about ff7 mods
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-06 15:34:11 »
when the NPC reconstruction mod is updated further (100 percent, me wants you) am i able to apply that to my FF7 that already has an earlier version of said mod

Yes.

if i were to find say, a mod to switch cloud with sephiroth or zack, would that work with the NPC reconstruction mod

Yes, just alter the char.lgp or battle.lgp yourself using chosen lgp extractor.

is there any mods to allow you to control Vincent when he is transformed

Not that I know of, but this is a good idea for a future mod ^_^

is there any mods that allow you to change the stats of weapons (i wanna just use the buster sword)

I'm the same. Use WallMarket, it's a tool created by NTIFC1 that will allow you to change the stats of almost everything (items, materia, weapons, armor, attacks, some limit breaks etc) You can find WallMarket on this board.

is there any mods to add a materia that allows you to use supernova (i would love that)

Have a look around the forum (I think it's on the wallmarket thread) someone tried to do this a while ago but I can't remember if they were successful or not.

is there any mods that allow you to add extra characters to your group without replacing (not on the battlefield, but like add more characters over all, like zack, sephiroth, or maybe a mod to stop Dyne from killin himself and having him join you)

Technically no, but nothing is impossible. Again, search around and see what you can find. Usually adding a character involves swapping their character model for a character that's already in the group. I suppose a character could take Aerith's slot when she dies but you'd have to add your own dialogue, not to mention animations and more.

and is there any mods to allow you to get limit breaks from attacking enemies, instead of being attacked

Not yet, have a read around. Another good idea, though.

Editing the weapons is easy with WallMarket. I gave all my characters' ultimate weapons Triple Materia growth instead of none, and made an ultimate armor aswell.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-06 16:06:39 »
My answers are in red :-P

Yep, just get wallmarket

Nope, special move only for Safer sephiroth  :-(

No, but you can edit the exe to get more slots, however that is one HELL of a task, as you'd have to re-program the game

Not right now, but i'm sure its possible

im most interested in a mod to allow you to change stats about weapons, if i may:

i'd like it to allow me to change how much materia it olds and if they have connections, strength and accuracy, and cost if you buy said weapon

yes

thanks, and yes, i have searched for some of these, but my eyes hurt just looking

also, is there any turtorials that get you into modding, i want to learn how

Yep theres quite a few on here. get looking :wink: :-P

anyways thanks

Technically no, but nothing is impossible. Again, search around and see what you can find. Usually adding a character involves swapping their character model for a character that's already in the group. I suppose a character could take Aerith's slot when she dies but you'd have to add your own dialogue, not to mention animations and more.

Well in theory that would work, BUT in battle it would load Aeris, and all of her weapon data, menu portrait etc...unless you can alter Aeris so she is like Vincent and Sephiroth. The slot is Aeris until you meet the new character you want in your team, but i wouldnt know how that would work...
« Last Edit: 2009-08-06 16:12:18 by ultima espio »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-06 17:30:39 »
OK, I'm not going to read through the whole thing, but about Supernova...

It has a special animation that makes the background shatter. Unfortunately, it only works when the background is designed to shatter, and the only background like that is the one from the Safer Sephiroth fight. If you try to use Supernova anywhere else, the game will hang (I've made Supernova materia, and this is what happened). However, you might be able to have a player character use it in that fight. I've never tried it, but if the background is the only thing stopping the player from using it as a normal attack, it might be possible.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-07 03:21:28 »
Thank you to all of you, you've really put things into perspective, the wallmarket thing is something i downloaded a minute ago, about to use it, but thanks, i really appreciate it everyone

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-07 10:30:14 »
OK, I'm not going to read through the whole thing, but about Supernova...

It has a special animation that makes the background shatter. Unfortunately, it only works when the background is designed to shatter, and the only background like that is the one from the Safer Sephiroth fight. If you try to use Supernova anywhere else, the game will hang (I've made Supernova materia, and this is what happened). However, you might be able to have a player character use it in that fight. I've never tried it, but if the background is the only thing stopping the player from using it as a normal attack, it might be possible.

ok, that gives me one more question

is there, or will there ever be, a mod to change the background in fights, if what you say is correct (which im pretty dang sure it is) then having a mod to make every fight that background would in theory allow every single battle to use said supernova materia

sorry if i sound like im trying to sound like a know-it-all ^_^'' i just really like supernova

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-07 13:35:00 »
Dunno much about backgrounds, but maybe  :-P

It would be fun, I suppose. We'd just have to find out what about that background is special (unless someone out there already knows :roll:)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-07 14:05:18 »
I'm not here to crush your hope or anything, but that sounds very ambitious, and potentially a very lengthy project to undertake.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-07 14:52:25 »
Looks like Rufus and Dark Nation made it to Heaven before Cloud did.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #10 on: 2009-08-07 21:56:55 »
Looks like Rufus and Dark Nation made it to Heaven before Cloud did.

but from what thoughs pics i saw show, it is possible?

actually, that swirling battlescene thingy does look good, and there ARE games that do that (I WISH THERE WAS MORE THEN ONE FIGHT WITH RUFUS)

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-08 02:36:05 »
Is what possible?  To replace every battle background with the Swirling Heavens?  Yes, that would actually take very little time, but obviously, it'll also make everything oh so monotonous.

Is it possible to successfully complete a project in which Super Nova can be used everywhere?  Certainly possible, but probably not at all easy.  Either make Super Nova compatible with the backgrounds by altering the animation slightly, or make the backgrounds compatible with Super Nova so that they shatter.  I don't know how one would go about the latter, but both options could require some work using info that I'm not even sure we've got somewhere.  It might also take quite a bit of know-how on the modder's part.

Here I am trying to sound experienced and sophisticated, but there are people out there who'd know better than me.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #12 on: 2009-08-08 04:44:07 »
Is what possible?  To replace every battle background with the Swirling Heavens?  Yes, that would actually take very little time, but obviously, it'll also make everything oh so monotonous.

Is it possible to successfully complete a project in which Super Nova can be used everywhere?  Certainly possible, but probably not at all easy.  Either make Super Nova compatible with the backgrounds by altering the animation slightly, or make the backgrounds compatible with Super Nova so that they shatter.  I don't know how one would go about the latter, but both options could require some work using info that I'm not even sure we've got somewhere.  It might also take quite a bit of know-how on the modder's part.

Here I am trying to sound experienced and sophisticated, but there are people out there who'd know better than me.

lol from what i saw on the in the replace cait sith thread, you are definately experienced and sophisticated, but as you said, no matter who you are, theres always someone better (your idea's ruled in that by the way)

i liked the supernova animation, thats why i asked about it (although in my game, it always seems to be sephiroths WEAKEST attack) and one thing i don't understand about the storyline that supernova presents (the fact that square calls the ff7 world "Gaia" yet supernova shows the attack happening to them on earth)

oh hey, is there any mods to change character colors? like say clouds purple/blue (im color blinde so im not sure) outfit to black or red or etc.

lol and has anyone EVER bothered to edit that annoying text in the first boss battle "BARRET, BE CAREFUL, ATTACK WHILE ITS LAZER'S UP, yea, thanks for getting me killed cloud

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-08-08 05:10:11 »
oh hey, is there any mods to change character colors? like say clouds purple/blue (im color blinde so im not sure) outfit to black or red or etc.

lol and has anyone EVER bothered to edit that annoying text in the first boss battle "BARRET, BE CAREFUL, ATTACK WHILE ITS LAZER'S UP, yea, thanks for getting me killed cloud

There is a small mod called 1st Class Colors, I'll go find it.  EDIT: Here it is.

As for changing the battle text, that's in the Guard Scorpion's AI, but it can easily be changed with Proud Clod, an editor made by NFITC1.  If you wanted to, you could make it so that Cloud says "What did I just say!?" whenever Barret does attack it when its tail is up.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-08 05:18:51 by Shadowseer »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #14 on: 2009-08-08 05:21:10 »

There is a small mod called 1st Class Colors, I'll go find it.  EDIT: Here it is.

As for changing the battle text, that's in the Guard Scorpion's AI, but it can easily be changed with Proud Clod, an editor made by NFITC1.  If you wanted to, you could make it so that Cloud says "What did I just say!?" whenever Barret does attack it when its tail is up.

lol i just laughed so hard i fell out of my seat when i read the last sentence in your post, quick question, how complex is proud clod, i got really confused just using wallmarket

thank god the jenova file editor is easy to use :P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-08-08 05:41:02 »
Proud Clod is based off Wall Market.  It edits enemy attacks in the same way that Wall Market edits the characters' attacks and it edits enemy AI in the same way that Wall Market edits character AI.  If you find Wall Market confusing, you won't find Proud Clod any less so.

I'd be able to help you on anything that doesn't concern Character Growth and AI.  Unfortunately, this concerns AI...

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #16 on: 2009-08-08 05:43:57 »
Proud Clod is based off Wall Market.  It edits enemy attacks in the same way that Wall Market edits the characters' attacks and it edits enemy AI in the same way that Wall Market edits character AI.  If you find Wall Market confusing, you won't find Proud Clod any less so.

I'd be able to help you on anything that doesn't concern Character Growth and AI.  Unfortunately, this concerns AI...

i've only used wallmarket to change weapon stats, so im clueless

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-08-08 05:59:09 »
Well, I decided I'd go and play around with Proud Clod having read your request and I've figured out what to do.

1.) Download the latest version of Proud Clod and open your scene.bin with it.

2.) In the scroll down menu at the top of the window, go to "81: {Guard Hound}, {Guard Scorpion}, {Grashtrike}".  Click the "Edit AI" button.

3.) In the new menu, click "Guard Scorpion" and "Main*" in the window on the left.  In the list in the middle, scroll down until you see "Attack while it's tail's up!" under the "Argument" column.  Change it to whatever you like.  You can also change some of the other cells with text in them, but a lot of them are unused.  When you're done, click the "Close" button in the bottom left corner of the window. EDIT: Do NOT follow these instructions!

4.) Back in the previous window, go to "File" and click "Create SCENE.BIN" and you're done!
« Last Edit: 2009-08-08 07:29:20 by Shadowseer »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #18 on: 2009-08-08 06:06:23 »
Well, I decided I'd go and play around with Proud Clod having read your request and I've figured out what to do.

1.) Download the latest version of Proud Clod and open your scene.bin with it.

2.) In the scroll down menu at the top of the window, go to "81: {Guard Hound}, {Guard Scorpion}, {Grashtrike}".  Click the "Edit AI" button.

3.) In the new menu, click "Guard Scorpion" and "Main*" in the window on the left.  In the list in the middle, scroll down until you see "Attack while it's tail's up!" under the "Argument" column.  Change it to whatever you like.  You can also change some of the other cells with text in them, but a lot of them are unused.  When you're done, click the "Close" button in the bottom left corner of the window.

4.) Back in the previous window, go to "File" and click "Create SCENE.BIN" and you're done!

WOW, HOLY CRAP DUDE YOUR A FREAKIN GENIUS *gets on knee's and starts bowing*

uhhh, sorry to ask this but you think you could give me a link to the forum to download proud clod? i got bad experiences with accidentally downloading the non-latest version *shivers*

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #20 on: 2009-08-08 06:54:32 »
uh oh...... i used proud clod like i was told and now everytime it comes to that spot, the game crashes......... looks like i need a cleane scenes.bin now

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-08-08 06:56:29 »
Really?  Was there something wrong with what I told you?

EDIT: Yeah, I just tried it.  It froze as soon as the Guard Scorpion battle started.  My instructions are faulty.  Allow me a minute to mess around some more.

You didn't back up your scene.bin?  ... Sorry...

EDIT2: After further tweaking, it no longer freezes.  Instead, it automatically closes.  I'm going to have to find out more about AI and how to edit it before I go around testifying on the subject.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-08 07:58:23 by Shadowseer »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-08-08 12:48:43 »
At a guess, I'd say that there might be some pointers that you're not fixing. There are some parts of the AI that point to other places in the same script (I'm not talking about the pointers at the start of each enemy's script; WallMarket seems to fix them itself), if you make the dialogue longer or shorter, they'll no longer point to the right place and Guard Scorpion will get confused. I'll have a look today. Maybe...

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #23 on: 2009-08-08 14:06:50 »
well thanks to both of you, you both have been a big help (im not being sarcastic)

also, good thing i was able to pull a clean scene.bin from the installation disc, with mine it crashed everytime the character spoke

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-08-08 14:16:16 »
With mine, it crashed as soon as the Guard Scorpion got its first turn.  The length of my AI script increased by 2 when I changed it.

By the way, it should be possible to pull a clean scene.bin from the three play discs, as I don't believe the scene.bin is installed if you don't go for the maximum installation.  I should've thought to tell you that earlier.

EDIT: You asked about controlling Vincent's transformations... that's a pretty advanced mod that someone would have to create.  It's not as simple as deleting Sephiroth's AI so that he's controllable in the Kalm flashback.  As soon as I get around to it, I might try and see if there's something I can do...

What I'm thinking is that maybe I can get Vincent to use his transformations' attacks for his Limit Breaks rather than actually transform.  It's a bit hopeful on my part... but would it be worth it if it were possible?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-08 14:30:47 by Shadowseer »