Author Topic: Models by X-Dina (Satoh)  (Read 27765 times)

Lionfist

• View Profile
Re: Models by X-Dina (Satoh)
« Reply #25 on: 2009-08-15 21:46:26 »
I do have a question for you all... Do you prefer the sawed-off shotgun or the whatever-the-hell-it-was gun he had in AC?

I'm (nearly) always a fan of being faithful to the original. Sawn-off shotgun for me :-P

This.

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-08-16 04:01:30 »
Long Version

sorry there's a bit of a delay... NOT a hiatus or postponement or cancellation... I just didn't get around to modeling the body today... nothing more, don't worry it'll be mesh-err fleshed out soon.

As for textures... the UV will take a while... and if you all say Millenia is busy... then you'd better start working on speeches to help me convince him to make the texture... I'd hate to think of my model with a crappy solid color texture like the original models had... it just wouldn't look right.

and as for the gun... I'll use the shotgun for continuity... unfortunately I've no idea how that part will look... modeling mechanical things isn't my strongsuit... and while I could probably give the gun a halfway decent texture... I'd rather not be the universal definition of the failgun...

Short Version

No model yet, should have it done soon. Making shotgun, no guarantees on gun's quality.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-08-16 04:13:06 »
I don't suppose I could persuade you to model rufus in style with apz and my models :3

It'd mean that 1. it'd get added to our collection of awesome models, and
2. I wouldnt have to do rufus ^^

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-08-16 04:51:05 »
I don't suppose I could persuade you to model rufus in style with apz and my models :3

It'd mean that 1. it'd get added to our collection of awesome models, and
2. I wouldnt have to do rufus ^^

Could you possibly be more specific about your "style"?

Since the model looks like Rufus already I could easily modify it into various different styles... but... (and I do apologise) I have trouble finding your threads with the amount of posting that goes on in this forum...

If you could repost some of the pictures or links here I'd appreciate it... otherwise it's just more time not spent modeling XD

If I'm thinking of the right model, you're doing a sort of anime style right? Using some influence from crisis core while staying true to the original feel of FFVII right? (For instance the straighter pants on Cloud...)

It shouldn't be too hard to get that effect with my current model. (I'll release both and they'll have the same UV's if at all possible, so one texture should fit both versions...)

If I'm thinking of the right threads of course...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-08-16 04:53:01 »
Their style = awesome

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-08-16 05:01:51 »
Their style = awesome

In that case I can definitely follow it.

XD

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-08-16 05:34:58 »

Facial topology is the biggest issue, those two pics should give an idea of the style, I you've seen the models from kh2, they are very similar to that, except we've chosen to model the mouths entirely (kh2 it was textured). Ears need only be a flat peice like that, texture can take care of the detail. Limbs are 8 sided, (think square limbs but each side subdivided for smoothness and detail). hands are like in kh, You will see these things modeled in my next tutorial video. (most of a face is also modeled in my first one located here :
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8778.0

Make sure to keep the proportions correct and model characters in a natural pose (not T pose). When you finish the mesh I may provide pointers ideas etc, to maintain artstyle.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-08-16 05:35:48 »
You made a cloud Timu? o.o

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-08-16 06:03:11 »
Ok, so, I see what you're saying... but I think my model may be a bit higher poly than yours... I can probably reduce it though.

Also you said model the character in a natural pose... why not a T pose? If I remember correctly, Millenia's texture thread clearly showed a T posed Barret.

Do you mean a less strained pose, like with arms at 30-45 degree angles to the body?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-08-16 06:17:23 »
yea, lower arms, I did model barret and tifa in T poses, but in splitting it for the game, the shoulders were not shaped properly (you need the top of the shoulder)

And no, thats apz's cloud, I've modeled a few clouds, some to look right of advent children some really crappy :P

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-08-16 06:36:57 »
Well I was going to do it that way anyway... thing is... Rufus has a coat with hard shoulders... so it may look strange if it isn't cut right anyway... I'll look at the original model to see how they cut his arms... but I'm thinking cutting the arms just below the hard shoulder should be alright... regardless... I'll get to work.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-08-16 12:08:35 »
if by hard shoulders you mean poofy shoulders (like aeris) then split them if you need, do what you need to keep that anime shape. Always keep in mind, in most cases, the original design is more or less right. Thers a few retconned designs were holding with (clouds belt, etc) butthe genral idea is to match the original

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #37 on: 2009-08-16 14:18:29 »
Nice stuff there, if you want I might give a shot at texturing :D

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-08-16 20:02:10 »
butthe genral idea is to match the original

That's what I'm going for. =P

Nice stuff there, if you want I might give a shot at texturing :D

And that is just epic. I'd love to have one of your amazing textures on my rufus.

Also, I'm afraid the UV's won't be the same, so for now I'm working only on the anime style model and will post the AC version later. (The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one)

I'll post a few pics when I have more of the body done for your inspection.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-08-16 20:09:18 »
I'd like to see hwat you've got already if you don't mind

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-08-16 20:48:14 »
I don't really mind... but I'm still using the stock body I started with... (And I'm gonna have to completely remodel the hands... they didn't work too well....)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-08-16 23:09:48 »
looks good, make the eyes a fair bit taller. also, make the hair volumetric, as in, not just planes, we want people to see your wonderful hair from every angle! :P