Author Topic: Is it possible to force mono output?  (Read 2734 times)

Raestloz

• View Profile
Is it possible to force mono output?
« on: 2011-06-05 06:42:17 »
Well, title says it all. I want to hear mono output, so that all of my speakers respond to Cloud's slashes, not just one of them

In the PSX game, it is possible to do this via menu config. Is it possible to do this in PC version? Either via the game settings or via a plugin?

I have tried to mess around with Windows Audio Control Panel, Realtek HD Audio Manager, out_wave.dll, out_ds.dll, in_psf.dll, ff7config.exe, with no result.

I know it's a long shot asking here, but never know till you try

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Is it possible to force mono output?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-05 12:18:59 »
you could try editing your save with black chocobo. under the Game options tab see if the Sound config does anything for the pc version. that switch is part of the savemap. but im not sure if its used in the pc version.

Raestloz

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to force mono output?
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-05 15:04:19 »
you could try editing your save with black chocobo. under the Game options tab see if the Sound config does anything for the pc version. that switch is part of the savemap. but im not sure if its used in the pc version.
I can't believe it. There is an option for Stereo and Mono. I'll try playing now. If it works, 7 kudos for you :P

Edit: well, it doesn't seem to work. Oh well, I'll just play it the way it is then. At least I've tried
« Last Edit: 2011-06-05 15:07:49 by Raestloz »