Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391128 times)

Crimsonak

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release)
« Reply #500 on: 2020-11-19 15:53:39 »
I'm hoping someone can help me, (also hoping this is the correct place to pose questions not covered in the FAQ)

I get an error on launch of "Unknown error when launching the game: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\ending2.avi'."

The path is correct as far as where the movies are stored, and the file which causes the error also exists within said directory.

If I try to launch without mods, I get the same issue. If I try to launch with minimal validation I get a prompt to insert disk 1 2 or 3, (Which because Steam version, I don't have.)
I've tried downloading multiple different versions of ending2 and replacing it within the folder, same problem persists. I've tried deleting (after backup) all of the movies, and then redownloading a relevant mod to try that way, also to no avail.

I'm not sure what else I can try, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2020-11-19 17:44:48 »
Hi Crimsonak, I think this is because you have the game installed in a protected location.

It should be ok if you put it outside of program files.

Crimsonak

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2020-11-19 18:05:34 »
Thank you that immediately solved my issue! You're a diamond

DrakeRavenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2020-11-20 11:38:32 »
Not sure if I posted this correctly but... I've recently had this issue after updating to the newest version (had the last one) After updating i get this

23:23:11|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr;  ...
23:23:11|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
23:23:11|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.GetDelegate[T](String name)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.RtlGetLastErrorStringCopy()
   at SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher.LaunchGame(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug, Boolean launchWithNoMods, Boolean LaunchWithNoValidation)

Ive tried running as admin etc. Ive also tried deleting the settings.xml as I know it say theres a nul value somewhere.... Kinda frustrated, Im hoping its something.... simple. Yes I have also reinstalled both 7th heaven and FFVII in different places on my hard drive. Even used the registry cleaning tool for ffvii and I am dumbfounded...

braisovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2020-11-22 01:58:43 »
can you transfer the saved game from 7th heaven to steam ? how?

BanjoKazooie

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2020-11-23 13:30:05 »
Hello!

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, im new to FF7 modding.

Does 7th heaven 2.2.3 have any in game retranslation?  i researched everywhere and a lot of names came up that im not familiar with, like reunion and beacause i think. Im playing the game again and i think a good retranslation is the most important thing to me so i can understand the story better, since i only finished the game once years ago on a original PSX, which had a very rough translation.

So far im using 7th heaven with the updated graphics, texture and other mods and its awesome, so i would really like to know if it has a good retranslation too.

Thanks in advance!

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2020-11-24 15:51:32 »
Does 7th heaven 2.2.3 have any in game retranslation?  i researched everywhere and a lot of names came up that im not familiar with, like reunion and beacause i think. Im playing the game again and i think a good retranslation is the most important thing to me so i can understand the story better, since i only finished the game once years ago on a original PSX, which had a very rough translation.
No, 7H is a modding framework/loader, and Reunion has been moving in that direction for quite some time as well (particularly with the R06 release).  Beacause (the re-translation) is part of the Reunion ecosystem, and 7H and Reunion are incompatible with each other on both technical and philosophical levels, so the importation of Beacause into 7H isn't something that could be easily accomplished (or condoned under Reunion's license). A couple of us will be starting on our own re-translation, but such a project is an immense undertaking, and real life always takes priority so it'll be a good while before anything playable gets released.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #507 on: 2020-11-24 16:45:51 »
Hello!

So far im using 7th heaven with the updated graphics, texture and other mods and its awesome, so i would really like to know if it has a good retranslation too.

Thanks in advance!

if you are interested in reunion's beacause translation, click the globe under my profile avatar

7h and reunion each offer a few different things, and are each different experiences IMO, its nice to have both

enderandrew

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2020-11-25 04:40:14 »
Not sure if I posted this correctly but... I've recently had this issue after updating to the newest version (had the last one) After updating i get this

23:23:11|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: Value cannot be null.
23:23:11|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
23:23:11|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
   at SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher.LaunchGame(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug, Boolean launchWithNoMods, Boolean LaunchWithNoValidation)

Ive tried running as admin etc. Ive also tried deleting the settings.xml as I know it say theres a nul value somewhere.... Kinda frustrated, Im hoping its something.... simple. Yes I have also reinstalled both 7th heaven and FFVII in different places on my hard drive. Even used the registry cleaning tool for ffvii and I am dumbfounded...

Same thing here. Can't launch/play at all now.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2020-11-26 16:08:02 »
Hello!

Thanks in advance!

Hello there,

7th Heaven indeed offers a new and better translation through the New Threat mod. If you just want the retranslation (without the gameplay redesign), play the Vanilla Combat variant of the mod.

I personally prefer NT's translation, as it's closer to the original one; it simply fixes some of the bullshit about that translation.

(I also recommend that you play New Threat's full version, as it is really amazing and makes the game better for me. Try it out!)

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #510 on: 2020-11-26 16:29:07 »
7th Heaven indeed offers a new and better translation through the New Threat mod.

new threat has its own script because its a gameplay mod

it is NOT a retranslation of the original game

enderandrew

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2020-11-26 23:21:07 »
Does anyone have any idea how to help me?

7th Heaven used to work for me with older versions. I tried upgrading in place and it didn't work. So I wiped my 7th Heaven folder and did a clean install of the latest version with no real settings or files saved over from the old version. I'm not running in a protected folder. I'm running 7th Heaven as an administrator.

But I'm getting the same error I see someone else has, with no fix posted for this that I can find anywhere. I'm not sure why this would fail to run on a new clean install with default settings.

https://imgur.com/a/jYGMyA1

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #512 on: 2020-11-26 23:51:52 »
Does anyone have any idea how to help me?

7th Heaven used to work for me with older versions. I tried upgrading in place and it didn't work. So I wiped my 7th Heaven folder and did a clean install of the latest version with no real settings or files saved over from the old version. I'm not running in a protected folder. I'm running 7th Heaven as an administrator.

But I'm getting the same error I see someone else has, with no fix posted for this that I can find anywhere. I'm not sure why this would fail to run on a new clean install with default settings.

https://imgur.com/a/jYGMyA1

there is still a link up for the older 2.0 version on the original post, perhaps try that

enderandrew

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2020-11-27 01:16:08 »
there is still a link up for the older 2.0 version on the original post, perhaps try that

2.0 does still work for me so I guess I will stick with that.

BanjoKazooie

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2020-11-27 03:46:31 »
Thanks for the answer everyone! i'll stick with 7th heaven with new threat vanilla since its really good and easy to use. from what i saw the new threat vanilla corrected the mistakes of translation while still keeping the spirit of the original so this is good enough for me

Hello there,

7th Heaven indeed offers a new and better translation through the New Threat mod. If you just want the retranslation (without the gameplay redesign), play the Vanilla Combat variant of the mod.

I personally prefer NT's translation, as it's closer to the original one; it simply fixes some of the bullshit about that translation.

(I also recommend that you play New Threat's full version, as it is really amazing and makes the game better for me. Try it out!)

Thanks for this, i didn't know of this mod!

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2020-11-27 05:25:26 »
new threat has its own script because its a gameplay mod

it is NOT a retranslation of the original game

You are correct that it is not a retranslation effort of the original script. But it does clean up the original script a fair amount, and for many people, that's more than enough. That's why I think it's worth mentioning.

Thanks for the answer everyone! i'll stick with 7th heaven with new threat vanilla since its really good and easy to use. from what i saw the new threat vanilla corrected the mistakes of translation while still keeping the spirit of the original so this is good enough for me

Thanks for this, i didn't know of this mod!

You're welcome! If you ever want to see the full mod in action without playing it yourself, Maximilian Dood did a full playthrough of it last year (of version 1.5; 2.0 was released recently!). It's how I discovered the mod myself. Give it a watch if you feel like it! Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/447544727

P.S. I believe the vanilla version of New Threat still has a couple of gameplay modifications, such as party members exploring towns on their own and being able to be talked to, à la Star Ocean 2. Just giving you a heads up.

DrakeRavenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2020-11-27 06:05:08 »
2.0 does still work for me so I guess I will stick with that.

Thanks for this help too. I might have to downgrade. To 2.0 myself evry after uninstalling everything going back to even an older 3.xxx version i know there's a file somewhere that's kept because after deleting everything it still remembers my iro setting like what mods appear in the catalogue. Coz I added the new threat mods. Even after uninstalling everything deleted all folders after an install all other setting were reset but on first load it remembered I have that extra catalogue.

Will give 2.0 a try but its a bit disappointing... with 2.0 do I have to manually change my steam install and go through all that... with the iso etc

DrakeRavenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2020-11-29 05:12:28 »
Edit after a full pc reboot and fresh windows 10 seems to now work.... just wish I knew whatever cause the issue to occur. New threat plus graphics and music mods... utterly brilliant

Helm_Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2020-11-29 08:02:08 »
I'm not sure if "thank you"s can go here, but I wanted to thank everyone involved with this wonderful tool and the community of modders that labors so intensely to make this game even more wonderful. It's my favorite FF and with 7th Heaven and some mods from the catalog, it looks so nice and sleek that it makes me forget the Remake is even a thing. I'll always prefer the original, and this improves it even more.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #519 on: 2020-12-04 03:03:24 »

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. This sounds like an Easyhook issue. Unfortunately there is no way around this problem. Easyhook is another program that 7H uses in order to "get into" the game. Unfortunately, the only solution to you problems, as DrakeRavenWood has found out, is to continue to launch the game over and over, clean install, etc. until it eventually works. Version 2.0 usually works first try because it uses an older version of Easyhook, which seemed to fix the problem. But with Version 2.2 it uses a newer version of Easyhook which seems to have reincarnated the problem.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-04 03:06:27 by unab0mb »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #520 on: 2020-12-04 03:07:15 »
I'm not sure if "thank you"s can go here, but I wanted to thank everyone involved with this wonderful tool and the community of modders that labors so intensely to make this game even more wonderful. It's my favorite FF and with 7th Heaven and some mods from the catalog, it looks so nice and sleek that it makes me forget the Remake is even a thing. I'll always prefer the original, and this improves it even more.

Thank you Heim_Smasher! Words of thanks are always welcome and appreciated!

lssjcorey

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2020-12-22 14:58:55 »
I think I screwed my mods up because I got a new hard drive and transferred everything over and the mod manager is just like freaking out and idk what to do

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #522 on: 2020-12-22 16:51:30 »
I think I screwed my mods up because I got a new hard drive and transferred everything over and the mod manager is just like freaking out and idk what to do

hard to say what exactly is going wrong without logs, probably has to do with how the game is installed

lssjcorey

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2020-12-22 19:22:46 »
hard to say what exactly is going wrong without logs, probably has to do with how the game is installed

the log was
Could not find a part of the path 'G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

basically G was my old drive but my new Drive is E

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2020-12-24 19:14:23 »
basically G was my old drive but my new Drive is E
Have you updated your paths in the 7H config?