Author Topic: *PROBLEM SOLVED* Finding ghost erasing npcs; using Meteor  (Read 5562 times)

Shademp

• View Profile
The Aeris ghost in the church can be erased by talking to a certain guy in the Nibelheim flashback. I want to figure out if any more characters erase the ghost.

I heard in this thread that Meteor should be able to help me figure this out. I have the PC version, LGP tools, Highwind and other applications as well.
However every time I select an .lgp file in Meteor, I get the message "Does not appear to be a valid field file". Unpacking any .lgp file and trying to select that one in Meteor leads me nowhere either.

What am I doing wrong? How do I make full use of Meteor? Why can I not find any flevel.lgp files?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-25 18:21:19 by Shademp »

Shademp

• View Profile
Re: Ghost_flags; Request thread *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-09 09:12:29 »
It might be easier for me to figure out the proper software if I know what KIND of files I am looking for. Anyone knows?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-09 12:27:09 »
I recall there was a program for viewing/editing the game script (found in field files contained in flevel.lgp). I can't remember the name, though. I guess you could see there which flags are manipulated by every event.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-09 12:30:14 »
why are there flags like that for this? I mean it's one thing if it were something like saying something mean to aries but...the third option from the inn keeper?

i don't get why it would be something as specific as that -.-

Shademp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-09 13:10:48 »
I recall there was a program for viewing/editing the game script (found in field files contained in flevel.lgp). I can't remember the name, though. I guess you could see there which flags are manipulated by every event.
You mean 7mimic? Hmm, I may have misunderstood its capabilities... Unfortunately I can't use it atm. I need to use my actual physical FFVII disc to use it. Unless I could go around it somehow...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-09 19:23:52 »
You mean 7mimic? Hmm, I may have misunderstood its capabilities... Unfortunately I can't use it atm. I need to use my actual physical FFVII disc to use it. Unless I could go around it somehow...
Sir, I hope you mean to say you are using a disc image you created yourself from an original disc.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-09 20:24:54 »
why are there flags like that for this? I mean it's one thing if it were something like saying something mean to aries but...the third option from the inn keeper?

i don't get why it would be something as specific as that -.-
Probably bad programming. Maybe they forgot they used that memory location already when they implemented the ghost.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-11 15:29:34 »
Nop, it wasn't Mimic7, it was called Meteor. I don't see why would you need the physical discs, you just need the flevel.lgp file. Unless we are talking  about the PSX version, Meteor just works for the PC version.

Shademp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-16 19:25:54 »
Nop, it wasn't Mimic7, it was called Meteor. I don't see why would you need the physical discs, you just need the flevel.lgp file. Unless we are talking  about the PSX version, Meteor just works for the PC version.

Is it possible I may not have an flevel.lgp file at all? Sounds weird, but I just can't find it.
Edit: I am now downloading the flevel.lgp file.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-24 19:37:31 by Shademp »