Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 358029 times)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri rework BETA V1 DOWNLOAD
« Reply #200 on: 2020-04-28 19:47:55 »
Hey guys! I'm uploading a BETA V2 with all files included, and I'm currently writing a HOWTO because I wasn't very clear on that.

@JohnDoe sorry I rarely check this email box, but I think my howto will answer your question : )

JohnDoe

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2020-04-28 21:03:15 »
Salut Snouz, déja bravo pour le travail accompli

J'ai pas tout compris sur ton installation (je pense que tu parle français donc je vais parler français pour une meilleure communication).

J'ai installer Moguri, j'ai 4 fichiers (battlebackground V2, NPC V2, UIstuff V2, Worlmaptexture V2) que j'ai décompresser pour avoir les fichiers bin (p0data2, 3 et 4) ainsi que le dossier X64. Il doit me manquer les fichiers du dossier Main Background (que tu va rajouter par la suite je pense je vais attendre ton pack complet).

Dans le cas ou j'aurais tout les dossiers j'aimerais savoir si les fichiers bin et X64 faut les remplacer par les fichier bin dans le dossier du jeu steam ou dans le dossier du Moguri Mod, ou peut etre les 2 ?

Je sais que le dossier UIstuff V2 (donc le dossier X64) je l'ai remplacer directement par le dossierX64 dans le dossier du jeu steam et ça l'a appliqué directement, mais j'avais lu certains dire que c'était dans le dossier Moguri Mod, donc je t'avoue être un peu perdu dans la destination à envoyer ton pack.

merci de ta réponse :)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2020-04-28 21:25:25 »
MOGURI BETA V2 CHANGELOG
DOWNLOAD

-Included all up-to-date separate mods: HD Battle backgrounds, HD Worldmap textures, HD NPC, monsters and background items, HD UI Stuff
-Redrawn open skies in backgrounds
-Problems solved: https://imgur.com/a/2fU1ybO
-Included an install guide

For the curious, here's my current todo list of screenshoted bugs: https://imgur.com/a/mkyguks

@JohnDoe, je te réponds en PM : )
EDIT: tu ne peux pas recevoir de PM, je t'envoie un email.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-28 21:48:46 by snouz »

JohnDoe

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2020-04-28 21:43:41 »
EDIT: tu ne peux pas recevoir de PM, je t'envoie un email.
[/quote]

Don't received the mail :p

alexd

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri rework BETA V2 DOWNLOAD
« Reply #204 on: 2020-04-28 22:08:03 »
Hello, you have to have the original version of moguri and install this or just install this mod in the clean game?

Glenn Seto

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2020-04-28 23:08:07 »
Found another one:

https://imgur.com/a/TNqsYKa

Captured in Beta V1, but as far as I can see, it's not showing up in any of the changelog albums.

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2020-04-28 23:51:37 »
Is it possible to modify the game to take 8-bit transparency textures instead of the 1-bit that it normally uses?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2020-04-29 07:52:53 »
Found another one:

https://imgur.com/a/TNqsYKa

Captured in Beta V1, but as far as I can see, it's not showing up in any of the changelog albums.
Good catch, I forgot about this one.

Hello, you have to have the original version of moguri and install this or just install this mod in the clean game?
You don't need Moguri. I've included an install guide if you do and if you don't.

Is it possible to modify the game to take 8-bit transparency textures instead of the 1-bit that it normally uses?
Not that I know of, but that would be awesome.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 07:55:32 by snouz »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2020-04-29 08:25:06 »
Ok I just did a test and MY LIFE IS A LIE

Turns out you CAN make 8 bit transparency.

I'll have a lot of screens to update!

DAMMIT

SO good news everyone, the game is about to look better.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2020-04-29 09:01:18 »

pyroguy989

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2020-04-29 09:34:12 »
Just downloaded and installed all the new stuff, and it reverted my font back to the original steam version font and I can't change it in memoria.ini

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2020-04-29 09:37:30 »
I guess this is good news snouz? :) what does that actually mean for the graphics?  :o

pyroguy989

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2020-04-29 11:46:07 »
I've found a few bugs so far (the title screen is fixed with the updated files, thanks!)
https://imgur.com/a/ZwwLDiQ

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2020-04-29 12:00:41 »
I guess this is good news snouz? :) what does that actually mean for the graphics?  :o
I wish I knew this before, but it's very good news for graphics. First, all those screens with scrolling skies will look better. Example:

So clayra's sky will be less jarring for example.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2020-04-29 12:03:35 »
I've found a few bugs so far (the title screen is fixed with the updated files, thanks!)
https://imgur.com/a/ZwwLDiQ

You're playing with moguri, but without the beta.
Please replace files in /program files/Moguri Mod/ and not the final fantasy IX install folder. I've put an install guide.

Pilda

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2020-04-29 14:05:48 »
Wow, the test of 8-bit transparency looks so good. It's crazy to realize that so good mood like this will be even much better. :-)

I also use SMAA antialiasing in ReShade for characters because they are quite toothy. Maybe it would be worth to include also ReShade with a special preset in the mod. Optionally of course. I don't understand the settings so I just activated it and it looks much better.

Comparison: https://i.imgur.com/YLoUtlX.png

Also thanks for the mod V2! :)

alexd

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2020-04-29 15:14:09 »
thanks currently trying the mod came in handy since I never played ffix and what better than to play it in the best possible way, I tell you that they agree to a reshade since I always wanted full screen and it worked without problem good combination something what I am missing is that I want to change the graphics of the batllas for the original ps1 I think it comes only for English and French and I play in Spanish any mod that is compatible to change that?

nokbient

• I make boops https://soundcloud.com/nokbient
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #217 on: 2020-04-29 16:35:22 »
I just want to say thank you immensely for what you're doing, snouz! It's so exciting to see this amount of passion being put into many people's favorite game. Hopefully someone will figure out compatibility between this and TehMighty's Battle UI mod. Your work is very appreciated!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2020-04-29 20:48:54 »
Wow, the test of 8-bit transparency looks so good. It's crazy to realize that so good mood like this will be even much better. :-)

I also use SMAA antialiasing in ReShade for characters because they are quite toothy. Maybe it would be worth to include also ReShade with a special preset in the mod. Optionally of course. I don't understand the settings so I just activated it and it looks much better.

Comparison: https://i.imgur.com/YLoUtlX.png

Also thanks for the mod V2! :)

I'll look into reshade or other ways to activate AA. I personally activate it in Nvidia settings, but it'd be cool if it's included!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #219 on: 2020-04-29 23:38:56 »
This is amazing news! I've been following this thread for so long without saying anything and after this update I'm blown away!

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2020-04-30 14:55:37 »
Wow, you've been insanely productive lately! Must be stuck at home due to the virus.  ;)

Thanks for all your work polishing up this awesome classic.

pyroguy989

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2020-04-30 22:57:20 »
You're playing with moguri, but without the beta.
Please replace files in /program files/Moguri Mod/ and not the final fantasy IX install folder. I've put an install guide.
I am, and I have put the beta files in there like you stated in the install file.

takver

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2020-05-01 13:39:19 »
I am, and I have put the beta files in there like you stated in the install file.

If you have Moguri mod installed and have accidentally replaced the DLL in your FF9 directory with snouz's included DLL file, then the game will not read the files from your Moguri mod folder.

Another possibility worth checking is to see whether you don't perhaps have Moguri installed on two or more different drives and may be replacing files in a Moguri directory that the game is not reading from.

If you still have no success, my suggestion would be to uninstall Moguri and FFIX, delete whichever remaining files are on your drive for both, then do a fresh reinstall of FFIX and snouz's files. Ought to definitely work then.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V2 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #223 on: 2020-05-01 17:22:48 »
Thanks everyone for the support !

I've now included a small screenshot in the OP to recognize if you have correctly installed my version.

ZePilot has given me access to the official website, and I have updated it a bit.

I've included a changelog for the update (both here and on the website)

And I'm currently preparing comparison screenshots.

Also preparing V3!

Keep reporting errors, I'm correcting them as I go

Also, yes, I've had a bit more time recently, as my day job involves working with cinemas in Europe...

alexd

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V2 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #224 on: 2020-05-01 18:26:20 »
Thanks everyone for the support !

I've now included a small screenshot in the OP to recognize if you have correctly installed my version.

ZePilot has given me access to the official website, and I have updated it a bit.

I've included a changelog for the update (both here and on the website)

And I'm currently preparing comparison screenshots.

Also preparing V3!

Keep reporting errors, I'm correcting them as I go

Also, yes, I've had a bit more time recently, as my day job involves working with cinemas in Europe...

Pls add Scale UI Battle :D